The Lucky One (2) - Taylor Sw...

بواسطة happyathello13

"Being sober sucks." "I feel like being dead sucks more." Every second that passes by only makes the want for... المزيد

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
46
47
48
49
Third Installment: The Rose Garden
Teaser [SPOILER] The Rose Garden
Teaser 2 [SPOILER] The Rose Garden
Teaser 3 [SPOILER] The Rose Garden
The Rose Garden

45

4.1K 353 285
بواسطة happyathello13

"Hi, darling," Grace said as she placed the phone between her ear and shoulder. She was standing over a display of engagement rings with Parker, it was their first stop after dropping Sprinkle Dog back at Parker's mountainous mansion in Utah.

"Hey! Guess what? I was just gifted the coolest socks ever, they have cats on them. Cats!" Taylor excitedly rambled off for another second as Grace pointed at one she wanted a closer look at. She couldn't exactly tell Taylor it was a bad time, she needed to be discreet.

"What colour are they?" Was the only thing Grace could think of asking. Parker gave her a curious look as the attendant at the counter carefully placed the ring on the glass and Grace picked it up to inspect it.

"They're purple!"

"That's amazing," Grace chuckled, "I'm happy you like it. Actually, I'm glad you called, I'm putting together a budget with your stylist for some jewelry and she wanted to know if you would prefer gold or silver band rings? I was thinking silver."

"Depends on the outfit but in general probably silver because it won't clash as much," Taylor replied with a hum, "What event is this for?"

"Street wear," Grace shook her head, the one she was holding didn't feel right, "I'm going to get back to work now but call me when you get to your hotel after the show. I love you."

"I love you! Tell Amber and Gracie I said hi," Taylor smiled at hearing Grace say it. It never got tiring, the way the words sounded with Grace's voice. She always softened when she said it, like she was saying it as though it was a secret promise. It brought so much joy and comfort to Taylor each and every time Grace said it.

Grace ended the call and looked at Parker who was trying his best to laugh quietly, "I'm impressed that you can lie to her. She's had you wrapped around her finger for as long as I can remember."

"It killed me," Grace sighed, "Can we go a touch larger on the diamond? I like this style, I just think it needs more."

"How are you funding this purchase?" Parker inquired as the next ring came out of the case for Grace to get a feel for it.

"I do have a job, Parker. It pays well."

Parker did not have a job. Parker spent majority of his time hiking and skiing, which wasn't quite as entertaining as watching Grace live her double life but a close second. He didn't mind Robert Kent's blood money, money was money and it fed his dog.

His dog that Grace learned never stopped barking at passing cars on the road, or trying to slam herself into the window to attack them as if they were a threat.

Grace continued to scan the cabinet for a little while, moving from one section to the next until she saw the ring. It had a silver band, a princess cut diamond with six smaller ones down the each side, which meant there were thirteen on the ring in total, "That's the one."

That night, Grace had bought the ring and asked them to change the sizing so that it would be perfect when she did propose. The jeweller only needed a day or so, so she'd have it for when she got back to New York. She was sitting on Parker's gigantic couch, there was a pack of liquorice between them as Parker helped himself to a beer and Grace envied him.

"Golf is the least entertaining sport," the brunette told her former security guard as she reached for another rope of candy. He hummed as the golfer swung at another ball on the screen, the camera panned to it flying towards the green.

"You used to golf all the time with Charlie and the snobs."

"I know, that's why it's so boring," she began to pick it apart as her phone rang, "Oh fuck, it's a FaceTime call."

"Should've told her you were coming to Utah," he chimed in a sing-song like tone. She answered it and fit her face into the screen as Parker muted the tournament.

"I have to be on stage in a few minutes and look! My fricking tights ripped and babe— my water spilled all over my bag! This is a sign you should come here and help me survive," Taylor pouted after a very quick, dramatic explanation of current events.

"I'll see you in three days," Grace replied softly, "Unless you're actually saying you cannot survive without me for a moment longer."

"I'll be fine, I just miss you. Tree had to release a statement that was like no they didn't break up! So if anyone asks, you're spending time with family and nothing is wrong and we didn't fight," Taylor rattled off before there was a knock on the door and she looked towards it, "Okay! I'll be one second! Bye, Gracie, I love you! Wish me luck!"

"You don't need it, I love you," Grace hung up and took a deep breath, "I have to leave first thing in the morning, I cannot keep up this lie. I'll go back to the penthouse in Tribeca, she is going to get suspicious."

"If you really want to make her happy, go to Canada and surprise her," Parker pulled another rope of liquorice out of the crinkly packet, "You have to pick up the ring first, though."

"Tomorrow morning, yes."

"Are you like proposing soon or just chilling with an engagement ring for a while? You seem in a rush."

"I have to do much to do to propose so soon but potentially... this year. It could be within the year," Grace didn't have that much to do. She was just scared.

A four hour plane ride and an engagement ring later, Grace was headed up the elevator of Taylor's hotel in Toronto the night of the second show. She had to get out of Utah, she couldn't tell Taylor why she randomly went without having a good explanation and it was making her feel very guilty.

Taylor had fifteen minutes or so until she'd need to be on the road. Grace knew she had made it just in time because she had been in cahoots with Andrea all morning over text to make sure of it.

She walked through the hallway with her security guard and waved at the one posted at the end by Taylor's door. She passed him a note after making a shushing motion and watched as he took a moment to read it. His knuckles dragged across the door as she said, "Miss Swift, there is an urgent security threat and you need to open the door right away."

Taylor was at the door with fast footsteps, unlocking it to look into the hallway and see her girlfriend in a very pretty black dress and heels with a bouquet of flowers, "Turns out that if I spent another second away from you, I was going to die a very lonely death."

"Ah!" Taylor didn't care about the roses. She threw her arms around Grace once the initial panic had passed. It only lasted until she pulled Grace into the suite and kicked the door closed so she could kiss her.

Grace was smiling and their teeth rubbed together slightly so Taylor moved away and breathed out loudly as she examined the woman in her embrace. She couldn't believe she was there, even as she placed her hands on Grace's face and could feel her, it didn't feel real.

"I'm so— oh my god, you're the best surprise in the world," Taylor sounded emotional as she spoke, "I've been missing you so much and I was trying to let you be but it's so much harder to be apart from you."

"I plan on being here for the rest of the tour. Every show, every city," Grace's eyes focused on Taylor's and she felt an overwhelming sense of relief with it. She went in for another hug, Taylor rubbed her back as she did. It was home.

"I have to get ready to go, I'm sorry. I have to finish cleaning up and I need to find my phone charger," Taylor tried to pull away but Grace wrapped her arms around her neck and wouldn't let her.

"Love me for five minutes and then I'll help you," she promised. Taylor surrendered into it and when Grace mumbled against her shoulder, she put her hands under the younger woman's bottom and picked her up. She brought her over to the bed and dropped her there as gently as possible, falling onto the mattress.

Grace felt something hit her back and she winced, she reached behind her and pulled it out only to burst out laughing. What she was holding was very familiar, a soft purple colour with a charge cord still attached.

Taylor turned a bright shade of red as she hid her face with her hands, "Don't say anything about it."

"I'm so intrigued," Grace looked at the battery level reading, "It's out of battery, darling, that is quite the scandal."

"I won't need it anymore," the blonde chuckled as she curled into Grace's neck with embarrassment. She left short, soft kisses to Grace's skin as they revelled in the feeling of finally being together again. It turned out that distance made the heart grow fonder but she wasn't sure she would be able to let go before she had to get on stage and perform.

"I want to stay this close forever," Grace whispered lovingly as she placed her arm over Taylor's hip, "I had a great time with them but all I could think about was you."

"I guess you love me or something, huh?" Taylor smiled and said teasingly.

"Or something, yes," Grace chuckled.

Taylor made it to the stadium in time to get ready after all. Scott was surprised to see Grace there, he offered her guitar picks by the dozen with a smile on his face. Grace wouldn't leave her backpack alone, the ring tucked away in the deepest pocket.

She and Taylor had gotten very comfortable sharing things. If Taylor wanted a sweatshirt, it wasn't uncommon for her to 'borrow' the one in Grace's bag and that couldn't happen that night. She had to get it tucked away somewhere safely before Taylor found it. She was thinking a safe deposit box at the bank was probably the safest option.

Taylor was escorted out of the dressing room to head onstage but Grace wanted to talk to Scott and Andrea before they went to the tent. She discreetly asked them to wait around after Taylor was off and then cleared her throat, "Hi."

"Hi," Andrea immediately looked amused by Grace's nervousness.

"I'll be quick about it. I bought a ring and I want to know what you think about that," Grace pulled it out of her backpack and handed the box to Taylor's mother.

Andrea gave her a suspicious glance before she slowly opened it and gasped softly, "Oh, it's so beautiful."

"You think so?" Grace smiled and tried to force it to go away but it stuck. She was so happy with the ring so that wasn't her concern.

Scott was quietly counting to himself and then grinned, "Thirteen stones, good pick."

"What do you think about the fact that there is a ring, though?" The former heiress folded her arms over her chest shyly near the makeup table.

"You've been part of the family for a long time, now," Andrea replied with slightly knit eyebrows, "Are you asking for our blessing?"

"No, I don't believe in that tradition. I was merely making sure that I wasn't out of my mind because I was thinking about it already," Grace wasn't asking for their blessing at all. Taylor was independent and she wouldn't have wanted it to be that way.

Scott shook his head with a small laugh, "Have you not heard the new music?! She's waiting!"

"No! She won't play it for me!"

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

28.2K 2.7K 12
[DISCONTINUED] Lana's marriage is falling apart, her career is a disaster and her new job sucks because her co-star is the most insufferable human be...
6.3K 331 45
"Someday when you leave me I bet these memories follow you around" "I'd never forget you as long as I live" "Hold on to the memories they will hold...
21.6K 534 20
Taylor Swift gxg one shots All chapters are individual one shots, unless stated to be part of a different chapter. (y/n), abbreviation for "your name...
13.2K 1.1K 10
"I thought you were supposed to be an amazing flirt. How come you only seem to annoy me?" "You actually believe the media?" _________________________...