The Wild Geese: A RWBY Story

By BillMclaughlinJr

Led by the charismatic Pip Bernadotte, the Wild Geese are among the most elite group of mercenaries in all of... More

Pip Bernadotte & The Wild Geese
Chapter One - The Wild Geese
Chapter Two - A Brawl In The Family
Chapter Three - Lessons Learned
Chapter Four - A Day At The Fair
Chapter Five - Into The Fold
Chapter Six - Fall
Chapter Seven - PVP
Chapter Eight - Battle Of Beacon
Chapter Nine - Heroes & Monsters
Chapter Ten - Fall Of Beacon
Chapter Eleven - End Of The Beginning
Chapter Twelve - The Next Step
Chapter Thirteen - No Safe Haven
Chapter Fourteen - Welcome To Haven
Chapter Fifteen - An Old Friend Returns
Chapter Sixteen - Rest & Resolutions
Chapter Seventeen - The More The Merrier
Chapter Eighteen - Showdown At Haven Academy
Chapter Nineteen - Downfall
Chapter Twenty - Haven's Fate
Chapter Twenty One - Argus Limited
Chapter Twenty Two - Uncovered
Chapter Twenty Three - The Truth Revealed
Chapter Twenty Four - The Coming Storm
Chapter Twenty Five - Alone In The Woods
Chapter Twenty Six - The Road To Argus
Chapter Twenty Seven - Dead End
Chapter Twenty Eight - Revelation
Chapter Twenty Nine - Lost
Chapter Thirty - Seeing Red
Chapter Thirty One - Pip VS Adam
Chapter Thirty Three - The Greatest Kingdom
Chapter Thirty Four - Protector Of Mantle
Chapter Thirty Five - A New Approach
Chapter Thirty Six - The Long Road Ahead
Chapter Thirty Seven - The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday
Chapter Thirty Eight - Pomp & Circumstances
Chapter Thirty Nine - Sparks
Chapter Forty - A Night Off
Chapter Forty One - Chaos
Chapter Forty Two - Worst Case Scenario
Chapter Forty Two - The Hunt For Tyrian Callow
Chapter Forty Three - Cordially Invited
Chapter Forty Four - Out In The Open
Chapter Forty Five - Gravity
Chapter Forty Six - With Friends Like These
Chapter Forty Seven - The Enemy Of Trust
Chapter Forty Eight - No Man Left Behind
Chapter Forty Nine - Divide
Chapter Fifty - Into The Lion's Den
Chapter Fifty One - Strings
Chapter Fifty Two - Amity
Chapter Fifty Three - Dark
Chapter Forty Four - Ultimatum
Chapter Forty Five - Risk
Chapter Forty Six - The Final Word

Chapter Thirty Two - The Leviathan

19 1 0
By BillMclaughlinJr

After the defeat of Adam Taurus, Pip along with Blake and Yang made their way back the group where the rest of Ruby's group were. They were all quick to notice a disabled mech looming over them.

Ruby: Yang! Blake! Are you okay?

Before anyone could answer that, the Leviathan lets out a deafening roar.

Yang: Was that a giant Grimm?

Weiss: Yes... and we just ruined the only thing capable of stopping it...

With that, everyone boarded the airship Weiss was able to steal from Cordovin. As the airship flew, Blake felt guilty about what happened.

Blake: I'm so sorry...

Yang: Don't be. This isn't on you.

Pip: Yang's right, Blake. No need to blame yourself for someone else's actions.

Maria: I suppose I have to be the bad guy and say it, getting the lamp to Atlas is still our top priority, and right now we have the perfect opportunity to head straight for it. We may not get another chance like this.

Yang: No way!

Weiss: We can't leave, not like this.

Blake: It's like you said, a Huntress is supposed to protect others to the bitter end.

As Weiss said this, chatter was heard on Pip's radio. Pip picks up his radio and answers the call.

Pip: Talk to me!

Wild Geese Pilot(Radio): We got bad times, Captain! That giant fucking Grimm trying to swat us out of the sky like a goddamn fly! Our weapons aren't doing shit!

Pip: Keep the Grimm occupied and don't get killed. We'll take care of that Grimm. 

Wild Geese Pilot(Radio): Understood, Captain!

As Pip ended the call, he lights himself a cigarette and surveys the situation. Pip couldn't help but chuckle. 

Ruby: Uncle Pip? 

Pip: As much as I would love to leave this fine mess for Cordovin to clean up, having dead civilians on our heads would be bad for our reputation. With that being said, let's kill that ugly son of a bitch!

Ruby: We need to head for the Leviathan. Jaune, can you and Ren be ready to mask our ship?

Ren: I think we can manage.

Jaune: Got a few ideas?

Pip looked at the Leviathan. It was easily the biggest Grimm he had ever seen. With that, Ruby went to the top of the airship as the airship approached the Leviathan. Pip then begins following Ruby. 

Yang: Where are you going, Uncle Pip? 

Pip: I'm going to try and draw that Grimm's fire and give Ruby enough time to do what she has to do. 

Qrow: Watch yourself out there. 

Pip nods as he exited the ship. As Ruby prepared to try and use her Silver Eyes to fight the Leviathan, Pip joined her.

Ruby: Uncle Pip?! What are your doing up here?!

Pip: I'm going to help you, Kiddo. I will do what I can to buy you time.

Pip then reaches for his radio. 

Pip: Swing by the airship! I'm going to need some heavy ordinance! 

Wild Geese Pilot(Radio): Hang tight, Captain!

Soon enough, the Wild Geese Helicopter swung by the stolen Atlas Airship. Once the helicopter got close, a Wild Geese Grunt tosses him a rocket launcher and a few rockets. As Pip loads the rocket launcher, he turns to Ruby.

Pip: Alright, Kiddo! I'll buy you some time! Do what you got to do! 

Ruby: R....right!

Pip then jumps into the helicopter. He then loads his rocket launcher and fired a rocket at the Leviathan's face. The Leviathan roars in pain as Pip laughs. 

Pip: You like that, you ugly bastard?! I got more to go around!

The Leviathan then attempts to smash the helicopter, but the pilot narrowly dodges it. 

Pip: Keep this bird moving! We have to buy Ruby as much time as possible! 

The Wild Geese helicopter dodged and weaved the Leviathan's attacks while Pip fired the rocket launcher at the Leviathan. At the same time, Ruby tries to put herself in the state of mind to use her Silver Eyes, but memories of all that had happened to her began to hold her back. To buy herself more time, Ruby summons Jinn, which freezes time. In that moment, Ruby's takes the time to reflect on the happier memories. Using those memories, Ruby activates her Sliver Eyed powers and petrifies the Leviathan. But the Leviathan was able to graze the Wild Geese Helicopter, causing it to spin out of control. 

Wild Geese Pilot: Shit! We're losing control!

Pip: Well get this bird under control! We're not about to crash in Mistral! 

As the Wild Geese Pilot slowly regains control of the helicopter, Pip loses his balance and falls out of the helicopter. As Pip falls, Ruby manages to catch Pip. Ruby was able to pull Pip up despite the latter being heavy than her. 

Ruby: Are you...okay? 

Pip: I'll be fine. Thanks for the save, Kiddo. I owe you a drink when you're old enough. 

Suddenly, the sound of cracking was heard as the Leviathan slowly began to break free.

Ruby: No....

Suddenly, the mech began to move towards the Leviathan. Cordovin then speaks through the intercoms.

Cordovin(Intercom): I'll take it from here! After all, I was sworn to protect the people!

The mech's left hand soon turned into a giant drill, its arm cannon now detached. The Colossus then runs towards the petrified Leviathan. The Colossus then plunges the drill into the Leviathan, killing it. Ezio and Ruby get back into the airship, Ruby contacts Cordovin via her scroll.

Ruby: Thank you. And... I'm sorry.

Cordovin(Scroll): The Atlas military can handle the stragglers.

Ruby: What, uh... What are you saying?

Cordovin(Scroll): I'm saying I don't think anyone would notice if one more ship went missing in my lengthy report.

With that, Cordovin had allowed the airship carrying Ruby's group to leave. Inside the airship, Ruby takes a moment to catch her breath.

Qrow: Hey, Ruby. You did great out there today, kid. Just don't go giving me heart attacks like that again.

Pip: Good job out there, everyone. 

Wild Geese Lieutenant(Radio): Captain! Are you okay?!

Pip: I'll live, Lieutenant. It'll take more than a tumble to take out Pip Bernadotte. Now let's get moving to Atlas. 

With that, the airship continued it's journey to Atlas. As everyone took the time to rest, Qrow looks out the cockpit window.

Qrow: Hey, if you've never seen Atlas in person before, you don't wanna miss this.

As Qrow said this, everyone walked up to the cockpit window to see clouds. The anticipation of seeing Atlas filled the air.

Ruby: Is it weird that I'm sorta nervous?

Yang: No, I'll believe we've made it to Atlas when I see it.

Weiss: Well... believe it.

As the airship comes out of the clouds, and the floating city of Atlas is seen coming into view. Everyone was stunned by the sight of the floating city.

Pip: Heh.

Nora: Wow!

Maria: You know, you make the trip up to Atlas over and over, but you never get used to that view.

As the airship flies closer to Atlas, Weiss leans forward. A look of concern soon falls on her face.

Ruby: Weiss, what is it?

As Ruby says this, everyone spots countless Atlas airships surrounding the city as a blockade.

Weiss: The Atlas air fleet... I knew all of our ships were called back, but...

Qrow: They're set up like they're expecting an attack...

Suddenly, the radio turns on.

Radio: Manta 5-1, welcome home...

In that moment, the journey to Atlas had ended. However, the next step of their journey to stop Salem had reached a new dangerous height. Despite this, both Pip and Ruby's Group remained steadfast in their efforts to save Remnant from the forces of darkness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 293 10
Vampires exist. It is the duty of Hellsing, an organization sponsored by the British government, to hide that frightening fact and protect the blissf...
69 0 4
*RWBY belongs to Monty Oum and Roosterteeth. Give them your support and indulge in their works :D. These four chapters will go through four perspec...
13.8K 205 28
RWBY and all associated characters are owned by Rooster Teeth. The fate that befell Summer Rose is unknown, and left to one's imagination. But what i...
258 26 19
My Original Story got teleported to the World Of Remnant. Now they have to work together with the people of Remnant to defeat the villains RWBY belon...