Night watcher, I am Chloe Bou...

By onwardsouth

After going through a number of disasters I realized that actually I am reborn as the villainess character, m... More

Realization (Part 1)
Realization (Part 2)
Realization (Part 3)
Grace
Siblings
Departure (Part 1)
Departure (Part 2)
Departure (Part 3)
The time of 3 months: Arrival
The time of 3 months: Town Aurium
The time of 3 months: Encounters
Dissociation
Truth be told (Part 1)
Truth be told (Part 2)
Truth be told (Part 3)
Truth be told (Part 4)
Mr. Cuddly
Change in 'her'
Field trip (Part 1)
Field trip (Part 2)
Field trip (Part 3)
Field trip (Part 4)
Field trip (Part 5)
Field trip (Part 6)
Field trip (Part 8)
Field trip (Part 9)
Field trip (Part 10)
A/n note: Important announcement
Field trip (Part 11)
Field trip (Part 12)
Field trip (Part 13)
Her treasure
Call-out behavior
Confession
Disaster festival: Start of the day
Disaster festival: The Banquet
Disaster festival: Reunion
Disaster festival: Why I left
Disaster festival: The situation
Disaster festival: Fall of misfortune

Field trip (Part 7)

3.7K 218 36
By onwardsouth

There he is.

Luka.

In his white t-shirt with a black Jagged Stone imprint and black jeans ripped at the knees.

This is probably the first time I have seen him this up close personally.

I then gave a secret glance to Gabriel.

He hardly changed his expression but I can't help but notice that slight lifting on the corner of his mouth.

Yep. It's about to begin for real this time.

Luka was looking at a portrait of some opera which was sticking to the wall and looked at us when Dupain-Cheng shouted his name.

Julika let out a smile on meeting eyes with her brother but Dupain-Cheng ran to him even before she reached him and started talking.

" Oh my god, Luka! Been a while since we last met! " She was practically shouting.

Luka so noticeably lit up on meeting Dupain-Cheng as well, as if all his dreams came true.

.... Gross....

I get goosebumps thanks to this not-so-much-of-a-simp.

Every one then reached him as well and started talking to him.

In split moments, the once studious environment turned into a whole joyous mood.

It was like a large reunion where I, as always, was not invited... And the adults.

" You should say hello to him too. " Gabriel said to me by looking at me over his shoulder.

I closed my eyes halfway with a bored expression, took my sweet moment and said,
" I never knew that the head of the Agreste family had a hearing problem. Or was it Amnesia? Should I call my butler to look for a doctor for you? "

" ... You have become quite hostile, haven't you? I still remember how you used to say that soon you will marry my son and that you are my future daughter-in-law. "

" Yeah, I remember, but I also remember the way you looked at me after that like I was some fly that likes to hover over your son. "

" ... "

" My memories are really good unlike you who forgot what I said just a while ago. " I scanned him bottom to top, took a moment again. " Humf! Quite the parent you were who hated the 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 friend of your absolutely isolated child. With the kind of parent you were I kind of predicted that your son would turn out to be socially awkward. Good for you that isn't the case. "

He went completely silent.

I do wonder how though. In normal cases a child cut out from the outside world is not expected to be so.. So good at interactions but there he is, doing all the conversations as if that is his second nature.

" * sigh *, you don't possibly want to be taunted more than already, right? If you do I am always here and if you don't then kindly 𝗱𝗼 𝗻𝗼𝘁 talk to me. "

He frowned his eyebrows and anger ran down his face,
" Who are you to question me about my parenting? "

Eyes on the group of my classmates and utterly not caring about this maniac, I said,
" Then who are you to tell me I should befriend your son again? "

He, once again, went silent.

" You should mind your language, young lady? " Said Natalie with obvious little hostility in her voice.

" And a secretary should not jump in a conversation between the two whose social position is higher than them unless told to do so. " I gave here a side glance. " And that's a basic etiquette. " And looked away.

I then walked to my classmates' group solely to get away from those 'adults' and then leaned on the wall beside the portrait.

Trust me, if Hockmoth was someone else then both of the adults then they would have long been akumatised with their temper on the one talking back to them.

'Adults', my foot. They are like a pair of spoiled children who throw tantrums when things don't go their way.

I can clearly sense their glare on me though it doesn't matter.

I looked at my classmates who were hovering over Luka.

" How have you been, Luka!? " Asked Ivan.

" Really good. I learned a lot of things here about music. "

" Really!? I am very happy for you! "

" Ah, Talk about music! Have you heard about 'YELLOW'!? " Stated Alex.

" Yes, in fact I love their music! I have never heard anything like their work! " Answer Luka.

" I know, right! Their music is so iconic! Never in the history have I ever heard anything like they make! " Supported Dupain-Cheng.

They continued their shout talking but my eyes were stuck on the purple headed quiet girl at the back of the group.

She seemed like she wanted to have her moment with her dear brother between that crowd for once.

She didn't show but I could see how enthusiastic she was when we talked about her reunion with her brother.

But now she is just standing at the back all silently watching the conversation like me, the outcast.

It's almost pitiful that nobody is noticing her but not so much for me to be bothered to lift my feet and go talk to her.

Yep. I don't care. I already have enough things to care about anyway.

Then I heard,
" Hello there- "

Oh. I know this voice way too well.

" -nice to meet you. I'm Laila Rossi. " She said with an innocent and polite smile.

I then almost heard Dupain-Cheng grinding her teeth.

I wonder if anybody noticed but she has an obvious two timed feelings. Even though she says that she doesn't like Luka in a romantic way, I believe that she does have something for him just not as extreme as Agreste even if she herself did not notice that.

I never understand this 'friendzone relationship' concept.

Like if you don't like him just reject him why keep him hanging by calling him a friend? It's like you're keeping him as an obvious spare and the people who this happen to also let it happen. Like were they hoping for something to happen? They don't understand that they are just some fools hanged by a thread who the other can choose or leave at will.

In my opinion, that's ridiculous, utterly ridiculous.

" Oh! Nice to meet you! I am Luka Couffaine, the older twin of Julika. "

" Yes, I- "

" Right! Luka! " Cuts off Dupain-Cheng, diverting his gazes from Laila to herself. " I have these macrons that I brought for everyone today. Everyone has their share already. " She takes a box of macrons from her bag. " Here is your share! " And she placed the box in his hands.

He, all too noticeably, blushed.

Whao.

I was disgusted internally.

I am pretty sure she has rejected you already and you have known for the fact that she will never put you first from the very first time and yet.

* sigh *

You know, Luka? You're a simp in your own way.

" Oh my! Adrian! It suits you very well! " Amused sounded, shouted Natalie.

Everybody's attention went that way.

" Oh wow! Adrian! " Shouted Dupain-Cheng with her both hands on her chicks and she runs off to him. " T-this is looking so great on you!! "

Everybody runs to him as well except Julika, Luka and obviously me.

" Yeah, she is right! " Added Sabrina.

I saw him from my same position and noticed that he is now wearing a white feathered earrings which were green at their tips.

........ What's so great about that again?

I turn to look at the twins.

Luka looked.... Dejected.

And Julika, on the other hand, unlike her usual self when she is practically expressionless, right now looked sad while her gazes shifting between her brother and Dupain-Cheng in the crowd while herself standing at her same position from before.

And now both of the twin's eyes are locked at the crowd ahead.

I turned my head to Luka and asked the most out-of-no-where question,
" I don't understand, why do you still like her? "
Why? Because I can. I wanna know. I want answers.

He flinched and looked at me as I approached him with my arms crossed.

" You must be Luka, right? "

" Ah-Yes. "

I saw his sweat drop behind his ears.

Right. Even though we have never met personally, I am pretty sure he must have heard about me and my deeds. And that much is definitely enough to hate me.

That much was predictable.

But I did wonder about this even in the show when he just met Dupain-Cheng and fell in love with her like it was the most natural thing.

Is falling in love that easy? Or you just 'loved' her looks or stupid behavior?

Boy you are just a side character for character development between the main characters who was disposed of when not needed anymore.

" Why do you still like her? Even after it is obvious that you are her forever second option? "

He frowned,
" Well, I am pretty sure that people don't ask personal questions on their first meeting. "

" This is not a meet, I wouldn't have approached you in the first place had it not been for my curiosity getting the better of me. So? Why do you like a girl like 𝘩𝘦𝘳 of all people? " I gave a glance at the crowd.

" .... How do you even know that I like her in the first place? "

" Really? " I raised an shoulder and an eyebrow. " It is I who should be asking how did 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 not notice your expression.... Well, forget it. " I waved my hand horizontally. " All of them are blind to begin with. "

" .... " He leaned on the portrait behind him, looking at the floor.

Hey, isn't that like- illegal or something to damage a museum portrait?

Then again there are less than 10 staff here and I wouldn't be surprised if there is no one in the security room to monitor the cameras.

He looked at the crowd and then at Dupain-Cheng and said in a muttering tone,
" I don't like her, I love her and will always do. I am happy for even being her second opinion. "

I cringed.

I know I shouldn't but I cringed. I cringed so hard that I felt like every hair in my body stood straight.

" You know that she stalks him? "

I then took my phone out of my pocket and started the video from before and gave my phone to him to watch.

" Clearly you are not blind enough to not notice that much? "

He saw the video,
" .... I know. I know for a very long time that Marinette loves him just that much. "

" Love? Seriously? Since when does something as creepy as stalking became the definition of love? "

" If this is how Marinette shows her love then that is the definition. " And he gave me a smile like every goodwill of the world is inside of him with a statement absolutely contradicting it.

He is like a guy with the male lead's aura but with the second male lead's tag on him.

He gave me my phone back.

Yep.

He is definitely the unfortunate second male lead who is so in love with the main character that he can't see her misdeeds.

Which I hate.

I so utterly hate people like him who can't see behind their own blind folds of the so-called love.

" Because you're so hopelessly in love with her that she still puts you in her second position of 'To-be-in-love-with' list. "

" And that is a blessing for me. "

Yeah right.

This is what they call being a simp.

" You're ridiculous, utterly ridiculous. " Was all I said with an even more disgusted face.

People like you just can't be helped and I am absolutely not going to waste my energy to reason with you.

I walked away to my previous position and leaned on the wall again.

Some moments later.

The crowd is still going on about Agreste and his feathered earrings which I don't even bother to look at now.

And I also don't care about Luka.

" You are still being an outcast standing here all alone. " Said Julika as she approached me.

I rolled my eyes and looked at her,
" I don't understand why you keep on approaching me, Chloe Bourgeois, the one you all don't even want in the area of your vision. "

" I don't hate you. "

My eyes widen on the reflex.

I looked at her.

I blinked once, twice, thrice.

" What? " With an eyebrow rose, came out of my mouth.

" Yes. But I don't like you as well. I have a natural opinion on you. "

" Much better. "

For a minute I thought that the happy-go-lucky rule started applying on me as well.

As if that's the case, I am the villain here, or was it the villainess.

Wait. Am I a villainess?

No. Chloe was just an utterly rich tool to be used by Laila in her schemes.

" I wish Marinette would return my brother's feelings. He loves her so much. "

How dare you talk to me about Dupain-Cheng when you know just how much I hate her.

I opened my mouth to tell her just that but then she said,
" He looked very sad when he said that his and Marinette's relationship has ended that day after his date. He came here not only because of music but it was also a way to distract himself from his feelings but no matter what he still loves her unconditionally and I can't do anything about that as Marinette is also my friend and has liked Adrian even before my brother met her. " She said that in a whispery blunt tone but I can hear her sadness behind it just fine.

I didn't say anything and only a memory ran in front of my eyes.

My big brother from my previous life, when he was still a high schooler, liked this girl from his class very much secretly. They were not friends but casual classmates who only ever talked when the topic was anime. And whenever they talked he would come home and irritate me the whole day, babbling about everything they talked about over and over again.

But then one day he came behaving completely normal but I can see the sadness in his face. Later he told me that she got a boyfriend and also that she started to find anime childish so now they should stop talking as well.

I just stayed there right beside him without saying anything. With feeling helpless that I was not able to do anything for him.

Even though, later he got married to this super cool and sweet woman, aka my sister-in-law, that he met in his collage with whom he can talk to about almost everything without any restrictions and then had my super cute niece with, I still didn't forget the face he made that day. He was the eldest so he hardly showed any negative emotions to us but he did that day which I have never forgotten.

This is why I know how she is feeling right now. I know that way better than probably anyone here.

I then gave a quick glance to everyone.

....... Wait. Where is Gabriel?

I quickly looked at where Luka once was.

Where is Luka!?

I pushed myself away from the wall and asked Julika,
" Julika, where is Luka!? "

" Brother? He went to the bathroom. "

Damn it!

I was distracted!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

431K 17.7K 119
"Their name will be Arjen, Arien and Alice." Alice Catherine Yuriana is the second Princess of the Empire. She was the most youngest of her siblings...
200K 7.8K 38
A Remarried Empress Isekai Fanfiction where the FL gets Isekaid into The Remarried Empress.She decides to have fun with this phenomenon and ruin the...
40.5K 1.9K 5
It's a Five Shots Story on SidNaaz. Join me in the emotional journey of SidNaaz, where Sidharth is suffering, without her and desperately wants Shehn...
6.3K 266 14
Hello, the names Samantha Fineroad. I am 15 years old and I currently study at xxx junior highschool as a 3rd year student. Or should I say, I once w...