Promised Future

By danka0529

* BOOK TREE OF DAMAGE PAST* Celeste De Luca has fully healed from her psychological scars, trying to move on... More

Intro and Warnings!
Chapter one
Chapter Two
Chapter three
Chapter Four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty-two
Chapter twenty-four
Epilogue
Writer's message
UPDATE!!

Chapter twenty-three

186 4 1
By danka0529

Celeste was standing in the room at the end of the bed and looking at Aaron that was laying in the hospital bed in front of her, plugged to every machine you could imagine with the intubation tube in his mouth. Her heart was breaking in a million pieces as tears silently rolled down her cheeks, the door open behind her, Celeste didn't move a muscle as Derek walked in.

"Hey little momma" he said in a soft tone, Celeste took in a shaky breath as she looked at Aaron.

"Get out" she let out in a whisper.

"Celeste?"

"I said get out!" she shouted as she covered her mouth with her hand and started sobbing, Morgan didn't try again as he walked out of the room. Celeste slowly walked around the bed and took a seat in the chair that was beside the bed, she gently reached her shaking hand for Aaron's arm that was soft and warm, Celeste let her head fall on the bed as she started crying.

Morgan walked into the waiting room with a defeated look on his face as he walked into the room where the whole team and Celeste's family was sitting.

"She screamed at me to get out" Derek let out as he took his seat next to Reid.

"she's hurting and processing" Dave let out, everyone was quiet just sniffles could be heard. Grabrielle stood up and everyone looked at her.

"She can scream at me all she want's, she needs someone with her"

"Good luck" Morgan let out.

Celeste didn't move from the chair beside Aaron, her forehead was resting on the side of the bed and her hand and still resting on Aaron's arm, Gabrielle showed up at the door and looked at her sister for a moment before walking in. Gabby walked up to the end of the bed, it's like Celeste knew it was her without seeing her.

"My heart is breaking into a million pieces Gab...It hurts so much" Celeste let out all chocked up as she lifted her head, Celeste's eyes were drenched and red. Gabby walked around the bed to her sister who turned and hugged her with one arm since she couldn't raised her wounded arm.

"I know Ce" Gabrielle let out as she held her sister tighter. they stayed like that for a few second until Gabby backed up and looked at her sister, taking her sister's face between her hands and wiping her tears from her cheeks.

"I can't do this without him..." Celeste let out as she closed her eyes, Gabby looked at her sister with her own tears rolling down her face.

"Ce, listen to me. Aaron is going to pull threw this, you two are met to be together and live happily ever after with those beautiful kids"

"Oh my god! Jack and Talia!" Celeste let out as she quickly open her eyes.

"There fine, it's fine there with Jessica" Gabby let out, Celeste started crying again.

"how am I going to explain this to them..."

"Ce stop! relax take a breather" Gabby cut her off, Celeste backed up and turned her head towards Aaron.

"This was not suppose to happen" she let out in a soft tone, Gabrielle let out a hum.

"Shit like this is never suppose to happen, but let's face it you and Aaron have a fucking dangerous job and your two are to hard headed to walk away" Gabby let out making Celeste let out a huff, the sisters sat beside each other and stayed silent for a few minutes.

"Who's in the waiting room?" Celeste then asked.

"the whole team, mom. Adrien was here but had to leave, and I told Octavia that you were awake, she's coming back from her parents so will only be here in the morning" Celeste gave her a nod as she looked at Aaron. there was a gentle knock at the door making the twins turn there heads. a man dressed in dark blue scrubs and a white coat walked in with a little smile.

"Mrs. Hotchner, it's good to see you up and about" he said, Celeste gave him a nod.

"I'm Doctor Jayson Mitchell, I'm the one that is taking care of Aaron. Did anybody come talk to you about your husband?" he asked, Celeste shook her head.

"So when Aaron came to us, he had mutiple stab wounds. There was three of them that were very deep and hit some major parts of the body, One of his lungs was nicked making it fill up with blood which cause him to chock. By the time I got him to the OR his heart had stop a few times, we were able to bring him back, but we had to work quickly. Everytime I fix one thing another thing showed up. I was able to fix all the damage..."

"Why is he not weaking up?" Celeste cut him off.

"His brain went without oxygen for a long time. I will send him for a MRI in a couple of days to check and see what were working with. but I must tell you the prognosis might not be what we want" he said as he looked at Celeste, she gave him a nod.

"thank you Doctor" she let out. Dr. Mitchell gave her a nod.

"with that being said, you should really go home and try and get some rest and come back tomorrow" he let out, Celeste gave him a nod. the doctor walked out of the room and Celeste looked at Aaron for a moment before getting up, getting closer to Aaron' face she planted a kiss on his temple.

"I love you so much" she whispered before backing away and looking at her sister, Gabrielle gave her a little nod. They both made there way out of the door, Celeste looked back into the room one last time before walking away. The twins were quiet as they walked to the waiting room, Gabrielle open the door for her sister who walked pass her and looked at the gang that was sitting there and waiting for them. Everyone stood up when they saw her.

"We all can go home guys there's nothing more we can do" Gabrielle let out, Celeste didn't stop walking as she started making her way down the hall. Everyone looked at each other before fallowing her in silence as they made there way out of the hospital.

Celeste was sitting in the passenger side of the SUV as Dave drove, they were both quiet. Dave was glancing back at Celeste every now and then not really knowing that to say.

"Did someone talk to Strauss about what happen?" Celeste asked in a tired tone.

"Yes, and she said don't worry about it" Dave replied, Celeste looked at him.

"Don't worry about it" he repeated. Dave drove to Celeste's house as they rolled up to the house Celeste noticed Jessica's car, Celeste looked at Dave.

"I texted her before we left" Dave let out as he stopped the SUV, Celeste quickly got out and made her way to the door. opening it and making quick pace to the living room, seeing Jack, Talia and Jess sitting on the couch Celeste broke down in tears as she ran to them.

"MOM!" Jack let out, Celeste got to the couch and fell on her knees and wrapped her arms around Jack and pulled Talia to her as she sobbed and squeezed them, Jessica moved and reached for Celeste's face with both hands. Celeste looked at her.

"It's okay, everything is going to be okay" she whispered to Celeste as tears rolled down her cheeks. Celeste gave her a nod and tears rolled down her own cheeks, Celeste let the kids go and back up a little she wiped her face with the back of her hand. She looked at Jack who had a sad look in his face.

"What's wrong bud?" Celeste asked.

"Aunt Jess said that Dad got hurt at work and that he's at the hospital, is he okay?" he asked, Celeste looked at Jack and let out a hum.

"Dad got in a very bad accident and he needs to sleep at the hospital for a little bit to get better, but I'm sure he would want you and Talia to know that he loves both of you so much" she said, Jack gave her a little smile.

"Hi uncle Dave" Jack let out as he looked up.

"Hey Jack" Dave looked around the space.

"are you two good here?" He asked as he looked at Jess and Celeste.

"yeah, I got it from here. I'm staying here for as long as Celeste needs me" Jess let out as she looked down at Celeste.

"Alright, I'll reach out tomorrow" he let out as he looked at Celeste, Celeste stood up and walked to Dave and hugged him. Dave wrapped his arms around her tightly.

"thank you" Celeste whispered, Dave planted a kiss on her head.

"your welcome, love you bella" he said, they both let go and Celeste walked Dave out. Waving as Dave drove off, Celeste closed the door and locked it before going back to the living room.

"Alright, who's ready for bed?" she asked.

Celeste and Jess both put the kids to bed. Both walking out of a room, they closed the door. Celeste let out a deep breath as she walked down the hall towards the master bedroom, She stopped at the door and looked at the bed. the bed had brand new bedding on it and was perfectly made.

"We got you a brand new bed...well brand new everything" Jess let out as she stood beside Celeste.

"Thank you..." Celeste let out with a shaky voice, Jessica gently put her hand on Celeste's back and gently rubbed it.

"Do you need anything?" she asked, Celeste looked at Jess and shook her head.

"Alright hun, get some rest. I'm just going to be in the spare bedroom if you need me" Jess let out as she turned around and walked down the hall.

Celeste walked into the room and closed the double doors, not even looking at the bed she walked to the bathroom and continued to the closet, stripping her clothes she changed into some sweats and a crop hoodie with difficulty because of her arm. After she struggled for a few minutes she got her hoodie on, letting out a exhale she slowly turned around she looked at Aaron's side of the closet. walking up to his clothes Celeste passed her fingers over the fabrics, grabbing one of his crew cut sweatshirt off the hanger holding it againts her chest she brought it to her nose and took a big inhale. Aaron smell invaded her nose, Celeste's eyes started to water again. Backing up she sat on the floor her back againts the island dresser, she started crying againg as she held the sweat shirt in her arms.

The two double doors open and Octavia walked in the room, looking at the bed which was still made, she turned her head to the side and looked in the bathroom that was dark, but the closet had light. Octavia walked to the bathroom and stopped at the closet door, A sad smile apeared on her face as she looked at Celeste laying on the floor with a empty bottle of wine beside her. The redhead walked into the room and stopped at Celeste's head.

"Ce..." she let out in a soft voice, Celeste slowly opened her eyes. Octavia could tell that she's been crying a lot.

"I killed someone with my bare hands" Celeste let out with a grogy voice, Octavia looked at her with raised eyebrows not really knowing what to replied. Celeste slowly sat up her back againts the dresser.

"Good morning to you too" Octavia let out as she took a seat next to her best friend on the floor, Celeste gently laid her head on Octavia's shoulder who turned her head and planted a kiss on Celeste's head.

"How you holding up hun?" she asked.

"I'm not" Celeste let out as she extended her legs in front of her. they were quiet for a moment when Celeste sat up straight and looked at her best friend.

"If he doesn't make it, I don't know what I'm going to do. How am I suppose to move on?" Celeste let out in a soft tired tone.

"Celeste, Aaron is like you a fighter he's going to pull threw" Octavia let out, Celeste shook her head.

"You didn't see him Octavia, it was bad...it is bad" Celeste let out, Octavia looked at Celeste who looked down at her hands that were scratched up and bruised.

"Okay! game plan, you get off this floor and wash you face do your hair, and for the love of god brush your teeth..." Octavia let out making Celeste chuckle.

"Oh wow I got a laugh, that's good. Get ready, were going to get coffee and I'm bringing you to the hospital" the red head let out as she got up from the floor, Celeste got up and looked at Octavia who gave her a little smile.

"you got this" she let out as she hugged her best friend.

"Love you O" Celeste whispered, Octavia back up.

"love you more weirdo" she said as she turned around and walked out of the closet leaving Celeste alone.

Celeste got ready, washed her face was easy with one hand doing her hair was a whole other thing, forcing her bad arm up she managed to do a messy bun. After brushing her teeth she grabbed Aaron's sweatshirt and made her way to the bedroom, looking at the unslept king size bed for a second before waking out of the master bedroom and making her way downstairs where she could hear Jack laughing with Talia.

"Ah there she is!" Jessica let out as she smiled at her, Celeste returned the smile as she walked to Talia that was sitting on the couch.

"Hi baby" she whispered as she gave Talia a kiss on her head, then moving to Jack who was sitting beside her .

"Morning bud" she said ruffling his hair.

"Hey!" he let out with a laugh, he looked up at Celeste.

"Can we go see Dad?" he asked, Celeste swallowed hard as she looked at the little boy .

"Jack, we talked about this. Dad needs to rest, Celeste is only going because she needs to talk to the doctor. Celeste will decide when she will bring you and Talia, okay?" Jessica said as she looked at Celeste, who gave her a nod.

"okay...I made him something" Jack said as he got up and ran to the dinning room.

"Here!" Jack gave Celeste a card with drawings on it.

"And Talia did this one" he open the card and saw the random lines.

"It's beautiful Jack, I'll bring it to dad" Celeste let out.

"I have to go, but be good for aunt Jess" she let out, Jack gave her a nod with a smile, Celeste looked at Jess.

"please call me if you need anything" she let out, Jess gave her a nod.

"same goes to you" Jess said, Celeste gave her a nod as she turned around and made her way to the door. Putting her shoes she walked out of the door.

Celeste and Octavia got to the hospital, both walking in silence as they made there way to the ICU and to Aaron's room, Celeste got to the door and stopped in her tracks as she saw no other that Erin Strauss sitting beside Aaron's bed. Erin turned and looked at Celeste.

"Ummm. I'm going to see Liam for a bit, if you need anything text" Octavia let out, Celeste gave her a nod as she walked in the room. Celeste walked around to the other side of the bed still looked at Strauss until she got next to Aaron, she bend down and planted a kiss on his forehead.

"Jack and Talia made you a card" she let out as she put the card on the table beside the bed. Celeste looked at Erin.

"Sorry I thought I would be able to come here and leave before you showed up" she said.

"It's fine, I just didn't expect to see you here" she let out, Erin looked at her for a moment before looking at Aaron again.

"Even though I've been hard on him at times, I still think we were friends"

"Are" Erin looked at her.

"what?"

"Are friends, he's still alive" Celeste let out.

"sorry your right" Erin let out. Celeste looked at her for a moment before turning her head towards Aaron again, her eyes roaming at all the machines that were around some making sounds here and there and some not.

"Celeste..." Strauss said in a soft voice, Celeste looked at the blonde.

"I don't want you to worry about what happen, I took care of everything"

"Thank you" Celeste let out in a soft voice, Erin gave her a nod. they were quiet for a while.

"I would like to think that one day you will accept my apology for everything that has happen between us" Erin let out, Celeste just looked at the section chief.

"Maybe one day"

"I'll take it" Erin let out, the door open interrupted both of them, Doctor Mitchell walked in.

"Good morning Mrs. Hotchner" he said.

"Please Call me Celeste" she said, the doctor nodded.

"I'm just going to step out" Strauss let out as she was going to stand up.

"No, please stay" Celeste let out as she looked at her, Erin gave her a nod as she sat down again.

"Nothing changed during the night the only thing I did was give him a blood transfusion, the count was a little low, but I checked the count again this morning and is was going up so that's good"

"What about the MRI, can we do it now?" Celeste asked looking at the doctor.

"The damage was extensive, I don't want to move him to much if I don't have to right now, I know your worried about him waking up but this is not uncommon for a patient to not wake up right away, it's kinda like a safetly response from the body to go into this coma state, I think it's better to wait a couple of more days and then will do it" he said, Celeste gave him a nod. Celeste looked at Aaron and let out a exhale.

"this is all good Celeste, just give him time" the doctor let out. Celeste looked at him.

"thank you" she said, Doctor Mitchell nodded and then walked away. Strauss looked at Celeste and gave her a little smile.

"this is good news Celeste" she let out as she stood up.

"Yeah" Celeste let out as she looked at Aaron.

"take all the time you need Celeste, don't worry about work" Strauss let out as she started making her way to the door. Celeste was alone with Aaron, sitting up in the chair scooting to the edge she reached for Aaron's hand and held it in hers.

"I don't know if you can hear me, but I just want you to know that you can take your time and heal properly so you can come back to your family. I love you so much Aaron" she said as she held his hand and just looked at him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.1K 1.6K 35
Y/N has always known Emily, growing up together and bonding over shared trauma. Even going as far as going undercover for Interpol. After the 9 gruel...
83.6K 802 16
3K 120 17
โ ๐๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ž ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ๐จ ๐๐š๐ฆ๐ง ๐ฌ๐จ๐›๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ฆ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ค๐ž๐ฌ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ โž Too many arguments too much tears, they foreseed how it w...
30.5K 851 79
Your past comes a-knocking when you visit your family for the first time in what seems like years. Things aren't what you thought they were, but you...