A Dragon and His Knight (HwaG...

By Seokjinmoonlight

Seonghwa is the crown Prince, next in line to become King of the dragon realm. However, until he completes th... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 16

34 4 1
By Seokjinmoonlight

Hongjoong ran as fast as he could towards Seonghwa's corridor. He threw the door open walking into the dark room. He quickly lit a few candles so the room was illuminated just enough for him to see. Seonghwa and Mingi were asleep on Seonghwa's bed, the dragon holding his husband close. "Your highness, you must awaken" Hongjoong shook both males frantically. Seonghwa groaned brushing Hongjoong's hands off him, "go away" he mumbled burying his face into Mingi's bare shoulder. Hongjoong shook him again this time more aggressively, "it's urgent King Yunho's palace is under attack, it's burning to the ground". Both Seonghwa and Mingi shot up at those words. 

"What do you mean under attack" Seonghwa asked as he slipped out of the bed, he tossed Mingi his clothes, not wanting Hongjoong to see the male naked. Mingi got dressed under the sheets as Hongjoong spoke.  "A member of Yunho's royal guard arrived saying the palace was under attack. It appears this is Hwasa's doing. She's gathered fire dragons and set the palace on fire" he explained watching as Seonghwa rushed to get dressed. "Is everyone okay? Are Yunho, Wooyoung, and Yeosang okay?" Mingi asked panic as he got out the bed tying his shirt into place. "I don't know, Jongho already left with some of our own men to asses the damage, San is waiting for us at the portal." Hongjoong explained. Mingi was trying his best to control the rising panic in his body. He knew how scary Hwasa could be, he was just hoping his friends made it to safety. 

Seonghwa slipped his hand into Mingi's as the trio quickly made their way to the portal. San was standing there with a worried expression on his face. Tog the four of them walked through the portal appearing inside Yunho's palace. Immediately they were met with the heat of the flames. Mingi gasped as he saw the place he grew up in burning to the ground. Many buildings he had fond memories in were nothing but ash now. "Your highness!" Jongho shouted as he ran over to the group. He has soot on his face and his sword was covered in blood, "we were able to kill most of Hwasa's men, we apprehended a few for questioning back in the dragon realm. Some of my men who are water dragons are putting out the fires" he explained. "And Yunho? Where's he? Or Wooyoung or Yeo?" Mingi asked desperation in his voice. 

Jongho looked at him, "we're still searching for them" his expression showed his panic as well. Since he hasn't had the chance to complete even half the bond with Yeosang he didn't know where his mate was or even if he was alive. He was trying to remain positive but he had a gnawing feeling in his stomach that made his worries rise. Mingi swallowed his throat dry at Jongho's words. "We'll find them, San help put out the fires, Hongjoong help Mingi and I search for survivors, Jongho take the prisoners back to my palace and do whatever you can to get information" Seonghwa ordered. Everyone nodded and San made his way to where the other water dragons were. They were standing by the large lake in the middle of the palace. Gathering his power San pulled the water from the lake, he focused his sights on a building that was burning and tossed the water onto it dousing the fire. While he did that Jongho made his way over to his men that were keeping an eye on the prisoners. There was three of them and Jongho was going to make sure each one of them experienced unexplainable amounts of pain. "Let's go" he ordered. Together he and his men took the prisoners to the dragon realm. 

"I'll go check over there" Hongjoong pointed in the direction he was going to go. Seonghwa nodded before slipping his hand into Mingi's as they went the opposite way. "We'll find them" he gave his hand a reassuring squeeze. As they came up to a building Seonghwa let go of Mingi's hand. The fire had been put out, the charred wood now soaking wet. Carefully the two males moved pieces of wood as they searched for any signs of life. "Wooyoung! Yunho! Yeosang!" Mingi shouted as he continued to search. When they came up empty they moved to a different place. Each place they checked came up empty. Some places were too dangerous to explore. The structures were very weak from the fire and could collapse any moment. Mingi was starting to lose hope.  Seonghwa cupped his face wiping away a few tears that were spilling down his cheeks, "don't lose hope baby we'll find them" his heart ached seeing Mingi like this.

Mingi slipped his head out of Seonghwa's hands wordlessly as he walked away. Seonghwa sighed following behind him as the continued to search. By now the fire had been put out, the palace was nothing but charred wood and ash. As Mingi came up to the south gate a loud gasp left his lips. He ran over to the body that was laying on the ground, "WOO!" He shouted as he kneeled next to his friend. Tears fell down his face as he looked at the lifeless form, his blood soaking into his pants. "Woo p-please wake up" he cried out. Shaky hands reaching out to pull his head into his lap. His skin was so pale and cold, Mingi sobbed as he held him close, "don't leave me" he sobbed. Seonghwa ran over to Mingi his eyes widening at what he saw. His anger flared, purple lightning flashing across the sky. Seonghwa leaned forward placing his chest on Wooyoung's. "He's alive, his heartbeat is very weak but he's alive" he told Mingi. 

Mingi sniffled, "h-hes alive?" He asked his grip on Wooyoung tightening. "Yes baby, we need to get him back home so the royal physician can help him" he spoke softly. "What about Yunho and Yeosang? W-we haven't found them" he asked looking at Seonghwa. Seonghwa wiped away some more tears off his husband's face, "I'll stay and search, you bring Wooyoung back" he gently kissed Mingi's lips. Carefully he helped Mingi stand the human cradling Wooyoung in his arms close. More tears fell down his face as he looked at how lifeless his friend was. He hated it, Wooyoung was always lively and to see him barely clinging to life broke him. At that moment San approached them, a gasp leaving his lips at what he saw. He rushed over to Mingi looking at Wooyoung, "is he?" He couldn't even say the word. "No, he's not but his injuries are serious. Take Mingi back to the palace and have the physician tend to him" Seonghwa ordered. San nodded not asking any further questions and he guided Mingi back to the portal. Seonghwa watched them leave another crack of lightning sliced through the sky, "I'm going to kill Yongguk" he growled out as he made his way to a different part of the palace to look for Yunho and Yeosang.

************************************************

Mingi stayed next to Wooyoung as the royal physician tended to his wounds. He made a special powder using dragon scales and placed the mixture into his stab wounds before gently wrapping gauze around them. "He's lost a significant amount of blood, but the mixture will help him heal. He needs lots of rest and I will change his wrappings every few hours" he explained to Mingi. The human held Wooyoung's hand, it was so limp and cold. "Thank you Maddox" he sniffled. Maddox gathered his things, bowing quickly before leaving. Mingi gently brushed some of Wooyoung's hair from his face, "wake up soon Woo" he whispered. He pulled the blanket over his chest gently tucking it around him. 

"How is he?" San asked walking into the room, he had a basin of water and a towel in his hands. He set the basin down on the floor, kneeling beside it. He dipped the towel into the cool water, wringing some of the water out before placing the towel on top of his forehead. "Maddox said he should heal, he just needs to rest" Mingi sighed. "Any luck on Jongho's end?" He asked, looking at San. "He managed to get some info out of the prisoners. Hwasa was the one that orchestrated the attack. Apparently she was supposed to take both Yunho and Wooyoung but she changed her mind and only took his majesty" he explained. Mingi clenched his fists, "I'm going to kill that bitch" he growled out. He looked over at Wooyoung, his anger flaring. The people he cared about kept getting hurt because of some jealous bastard and he was starting to get fed up. 

Hongjoong entered the room as well, "Seonghwa is back…" his expression was grim as he spoke. It made Mingi nervous as he stood. He took one glance at Wooyoung, not wanting to leave his friend's side. "I'll stay here, don't worry" San reassured him. Mingi nodded and followed Hongjoong out the room. The walk to the portal was tense. Neither of them said a word. Mingi was too deep into his mind to try and start a conversation. When they came up to Seonghwa he was standing with something in his arms. Upon closer inspection Mingi's hand covered his mouth as he held back tears. In Seonghwa's arms was Yeosang. The male was lifeless in his arms, his body covered in burns. "n-no" he sobbed out as he looked at Yeosang, tears fell down his face. Seonghwa looked at Mingi, his eyes showing his pain, "I found him underneath the collapsed roof of Yunho's quarters. I'm so sorry Min" he whispered. 

Mingi shook his head sobbing, "he can't be…oh god what is Jongho going to do?" His eyes widened in realization. Seonghwa swallowed, he was worried about how his friend would react. "Your highness, Hongjoong told me you were back" Jongho's voice rang through everyone's ears. Mingi and Hongjoong turned to him their expressions making him halt in his tracks, "why is everyone looking at me like that" he asked. Seonghwa stepped from behind them, "I'm sorry Jongho" he apologized. Jongho's eyes landed on his arms, his mouth running dry as his heart raced. "No. No, no, no, no" he shook his head as tears streamed down his face. He gently took Yeosang from his arms falling to his knees. "Yeo…Yeo baby wake up please" he begged as more tears streamed down his face. 

He cradled his body close, "please…you need to wake up hm?" He sobbed as he gently pecked the male's lips. They were cold and dry, another sob ripped from his lips. Everyone watched with tears in their eyes. Seonghwa and Hongjoong had never seen Jongho so heart broken. Jongho sobbed louder when Yeosang remained lifeless in his arms, "please…we were supposed to plan our wedding remember…we were supposed to complete the bond…we were supposed to grow old together. You can't leave me here you can't" his cries became louder. Due to his pain a ring of fire formed around Jongho. The fire dragon not being able to control his powers since he was still considered a fledgling. As he cried the fire grew stronger threatening to burn everyone and everything around him. 

"He's going to set everything ablaze if we don't calm him" Hongjoong stepped back as a line of fire shot towards him. "Jongho you need to calm down, you're going to burn everything" Seonghwa shouted pulling Mingi behind him, when a flame shot too close to him. Jongho couldn't hear them, his pain and anger fueled his power and as he held Yeosang close, "I'm going to kill them, I'm going to make sure they burn for what they did" he screamed. With his powers under control Seonghwa created rain clouds. The dark gray clouds began pouring rain snuffing out Jongho's flames. Seonghwa walked over to his friend kneeling down in front of him not caring if the mud soaked into his clothes. 

"I promise you, I will not stop until Yongguk and everyone that follows him is dead. I will avenge Yeosang and everyone else that he had hurt, because it's my duty as king to protect my kingdom and I should have never let things get this far" his voice held determination. Jongho sniffled as he looked at Seonghwa, "I will fight by your side" he looked down at Yeosang kissing his lips one last time. Seonghwa placed his hand on Jongho's shoulder, "let's give him a proper burial then we can make plans to rescue Yunho" he stood the rain increasing due to his anger. Mingi walked over to Seonghwa, "im going too, I want that bitches head" he clenched his fists in anger. Seonghwa cupped Mingi's face, "it would be an honor to have you fight by my side" he placed a soft peck on Mingi's lips. The rain stopped and the clouds disappeared. He turned to Hongjoong, "prepare the burial ceremony" he instructed. Hongjoong nodded and helped Jongho stand. He still held Yeosang close as the two of them left. Mingi clung to Seonghwa, "everything will be okay right?" He asked resting his head on his chest listening to his heartbeat. Seonghwa held him close, "I promise" he whispered. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 346 16
SeongHwa moves to a new place, just to fall in love with a mysterious artist... But will he find the artist behind? . . . Sad story alert ⚠
21.1K 1K 17
A pirate and Prince? Mayhaps not the best duo. Yunho: The Prince of Gwangju. Mingi: A Pirate wanting to own Gwangju. What happens when the two so hap...
10.2K 607 26
[COMPLETED]✅ī¸ They've been best friends since they were kids, becoming inseparable. No matter what, they would always be together. When they were 30...
8.4K 491 25
[COMPLETED] ✅ī¸ A Sequel to "Future Lover" After the events of "Future Lover", both Hongjoong and Seonghwa are healing from the events of their lives...