A Dragon and His Knight (HwaG...

By Seokjinmoonlight

Seonghwa is the crown Prince, next in line to become King of the dragon realm. However, until he completes th... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 15

51 4 3
By Seokjinmoonlight

~two weeks later~

It was night in the human realm. Everyone in the palace was asleep except for a few guards that were doing nightly rounds. Wooyoung was one of them, the male walking around the palace grounds to make sure nothing was out of place. Hwasa was standing outside the palace as a crow landed in her hand. She stroked the birds head as it spoke to her. A devilish grin spread across her face, "perfect" she chuckled as she turned to the female beside her. "Everything is as we expected, his majesty is asleep and that guard is patrolling the area as always. You know what to do don't you Solar?" she asked the dragon. Solar nodded her red eyes sparking with excitement, "burn this bitch to the ground" she giggled. Hwasa giggled as well, "I'll deal with the king and guard" she pulled her hood up over her head as she shifted into human form. Solar nodded turning to the men behind her. Their red eyes were the only things visible, "you don't need to worry" she held out her hand a ball of flame forming in her palm. She threw it to the roof, the tile catching on fire. 

Hwasa slipped into the shadows, as Solar gave the order to her men, "let's set the palace on fire" she giggled as she threw another ball of flame to the roof, the men jumping inside the palace walls. It didn't take long for Solar and her men to set the palace on fire causing the perfect distraction. Hwasa's smile widened when the fire bell was rung. She watched from the shadows as royal guards ran around shouting orders. When Wooyoung heard the fire bell ringing he immediately made his way towards Yunho's quarters. "Get the fire under control" he shouted to a group of guards that were running around confused. "Seeun you and Yujun head to the stables and get two horses and bring them to the south gate, we need to get his majesty to safety" he ordered two of the guards. They nodded and ran in the direction of the stables. 

Wooyoung kept his hand on the hilt of his sword as he ran towards Yunho's quarters. He had to take a few detours due to pieces of the palace falling apart from the fire. "YOU'RE MAJESTY WE NEED TO GO!!" He shouted as he pulled the doors open running into Yunho's room. Yeosang was already there watching as Yunho grabbed his sword. "What's going on out there?" He asked running over to Wooyoung. "The palace is under attack, someone set it on fire, I need to get you out of here" he said grabbing Yunho's hand pulling him out the room. Yeosang followed behind them, "who would attack us like this?" He asked as he followed them towards the entrance. Wooyoung and Yunho made it out safely but before Yeosang could leave the pillars holding up the roof collapsed. Wood and fire fell in front of Yeosang trapping him inside. 

"YEO!!" Yunho shouted pulling his hand out of Wooyoung's running towards him. Wooyoung turned around his eyes widening as he saw Yeosang's panic expression. "No! No! No! We need to get him out!" Yunho shouted as he tried to find a way inside but the flames were growing. Yeosang covered his mouth the smoke from the fire, making his eyes water. "You need to leave your majesty" he coughed out shielding his face when another piece of the roof collapsed causing the fire to shoot towards him. Yunho shook his head coughing as the smoke swirled around him, "I'm not leaving you Yeo" he shouted tears brimming in his eyes. Wooyoung was trying to find an opening as well, the male was moving pieces of wood that weren't on fire but they were too heavy. "I can't get him out!" He shouted. He looked to Yeosang desperation, laced his features. Yeosang looked at him an expression on his face that made Wooyoung's heart sink. 

"You need to get his majesty out of here, his life is more important" he coughed his breathing becoming more ragged. The wood above him creaked as the flames raged on. Yunho shook his head as tears fell down his face, "no! Yeosang I'm not leaving you" he turned to Wooyoung, "find water!" He shouted. Wooyoung looked at Yeosang then to Yunho. Tears stung his eyes but he knew he couldn't cry yet, "I'm sorry Yunho but we need to go" he swallowed. "It is my job to keep you safe" he reached to grab Yunho's hand. Yunho pulled his hand away, "we are not leaving Yeosang here to die that is an order" he shouted. Yeosang coughed more falling to his knees as the smoke burned his lungs and eyes, "it's useless, I can't get out, please your majesty you need to go" he coughed more, "it was an honor to serve you" he smiled weakly as tears streamed down his face. 

A sob ripped through Yunho's lips as Wooyoung pulled him away. He watched as the rest of the roof collapsed, "YEO!!!" He screamed out as the flames engulfed the rest of the building. Wooyoung kept running as tears fell down his face, his grip on Yunho's hand tight as the two ran. He would kill the person that did this, he wouldn't stop until every single one of their blood was on his blade. Wooyoung turned a corner, passing by guards that were desperately trying to tame the flames while others were fighting people dressed head to toe in black. When he saw their red eyes Wooyoung clenched his jaw, "fucking dragons" he mumbled as he continued to run. Wooyoung slowed his speed once he got to the south gate. It was still intact; the fire hadn't reached this far yet. He looked around seeing if Seeun and Yujun arrived with the horses, "fuck where are they" he mumbled. Yunho stayed close to Wooyoung, tears still streaming down his face. 

Wooyoung unsheathed his sword when he heard someone laugh. He pointed his blade at Hwasa as she emerged from the shadows. Yunho unsheathed his sword as well, "you!" He glared at her his hands trembling with rage. She smiled taking off her hood, her horn reappearing as well as her bright green eyes, "we meet again your majesty" she bowed. Wooyoung's grip on his sword tightened, "this is all your doing! Yeosang is dead because of you!" He screamed at her. Hwasa picked at the dirt under her nails, "your friends death is none of my concern after all war is not fun without casualties" she giggled. Yunho lunged at her, swiping his sword in her direction. Hwasa stepped aside, using her elbow to hit Yunho in his back. He stumbled forward but caught his footing, "I'm going to cut your head off and mount it on the front doors of the castle for all to see" he growled out.

Hwasa just smiled at that, "I never knew the human king was so feisty" she giggled elongating her claws. Yunho lunged at her again, this time he swiped at her chest. Hwasa stepped back, but she didn't know that Wooyoung had moved behind her. The male swiped his sword across her face cutting her cheek. Hwasa hissed in pain reaching up to touch her face, when she saw blood coat her fingers she growled out. Not giving her time to counter attack. Wooyoung used the hilt of his sword and hit her on the back of the head. She stumbled forward and Yunho kneed her in the face, a sickening crunch sounded as her nose broke. Hwasa clutched her nose as she fell to her knees. Blood poured down her chin and wrist. Yunho held his sword to her throat pure rage in his eyes. Wooyoung held his sword to her back pressing the blade into it a little. "And here I thought you were a mighty dragon" Yunho spat out.

A laugh bubbled out of Hwasa's lips, "I will show you, how mighty I can be" she slammed her hands into the ground. Roots sprang from the earth knocking Yunho and Wooyoung back. Yunho's  back hit the palace wall before he crashed to the ground a low groan leaving his lips. Wooyoung fell a few feet away all the breath in his lungs was knocked out. Hwasa stood to her feet, "my husband wanted both of you alive but I think the plan only needs one" she turned to Wooyoung, "the king's life is much more valuable than yours, I'll be nice and help you see your friend again". Wooyoung moved out of the way as a sharp root sprung from the ground where he laid. 

Hwasa used her magic to control the roots using them as an extension of her. Wooyoung sliced at a root that aimed at his head. The sharp end falling to his feet as the root grew another one. Yunho stood to his feet grabbing his sword. Before he could attack Hwasa a circle of flames appeared around him. He stepped back as the flames grew brighter and hotter. Solar giggled as she stepped into the circle with him, "Sorry your majesty but you're coming with me". Wooyoung noticed Yunho standing in a circle of flames with a woman he has never seen before. He hacked away at the roots with more vigor, he had to get to Yunho. 

"There we go, fight harder, make this fun for me" Hwasa cackled as she sent another root towards Wooyoung. As he prepared to cut it, Hwasa sent another root from behind the tip of this one shot through Wooyoung's abdomen impaling him. Wooyoung winced in pain but didn't drop his sword. "WOOYOUNG!" Yunho shouted as he watched his friend get impaled. His breath quickened in anger and he ran towards Solar with his sword ready to stab her chest. Solar grabbed the blade melting it with her powers as she kicked Yunho in his chest sending him flying back. When he landed the ground, he clenched his chest coughing up blood. He reached for what was left of his sword but Solar stepped on his hand crushing it. The scream of pain he let out shook Wooyoung to his core. He stumbled forward when Hwasa removed the root from him, blood pooled at his feet. 

Wooyoung ran forward ignoring the pain in his stomach and swiped his sword at Hwasa. The earth dragon was taken aback by how fast Wooyoung was as she dodged his attacks. One attack managed to land on her shoulder, the blade slicing through the skin and muscle. Hwasa growled as blood fell from the wound. Wooyoung didn't stop, he brought his sword down again but Hwasa caught the blade crushing it in her hand and she kicked him in his chest sensing him flying back. Yunho tried to stand up but Solar stepped on his face pining him to the ground, "be still just because I can't kill you doesn't mean I can't hurt you" she moved her hand the circle of flames coming closer. The heat was becoming unbearable as Yunho struggled to get out from under her. 

Hwasa stalked towards Wooyoung, four roots appeared, wrapping around his arms and legs pinning him to the ground. A knife dropped from her sleeve into her hand as she stood over Wooyoung. The human struggled with every bit of strength he had to break free. She held the knife in her hands as she kneeled down beside him, "don't worry, you'll be reunited with everyone you care about soon" she smiled as she plunged the knife into Wooyoung's stomach twisting before pulling it out and stabbing him again. Wooyoung let out a choked sob as blood pooled onto the ground below him. Hwasa stood up and dropped the knife to the ground, the roots retreated back into the earth.  

"NO!! WOOYOUNG!! I'M GONNA KILL YOU! YOU BITCH!" Yunho shouted as he struggled under Solar's foot. She had made an opening in the flames so Yunho could watch Hwasa kill Wooyoung. Tears streamed down his face as painful sobs left his lips. When Solar stepped off him, he got up as quickly as he could and ran over to Wooyoung. "W-Woo, get up please" he cried out as he pressed his hands into the wounds. The blood coating them. Wooyoung's breath was slow and shallow as he looked at Yunho. His tan skin had already lost its color, "your majesty, it was an honor serving you and being your friend" he smiled weakly as he placed his hand on top of Yunho's. Yunho shook his head, "I don't want to hear that from you or anyone else, you're not going to die" he pressed his hands harder into the wounds. Hwasa grabbed Yunho by the hair yanking him away, "time to go" she said she pulled him away. Yunho struggled in her grasp, clawing at her wrist. Wooyoung reached out weakly to Yunho as he watched Hwasa drag him away. Yunho's screams and cries started to fade as blackness crept into his vision before he finally succumbed to the darkness. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.3K 977 30
[COMPLETED] ☑️ Seonghwa has a history of being attracted to the toxic bad boy types. But that was the old Seonghwa, now he has moved on. He was tryin...
486K 20.7K 64
[COMPLETE] In which Wooyoung is in a toxic relationship none of his friends know about. What happens when his best friend, Yeosang, sets him up on a...
8.4K 439 16
SeongHwa moves to a new place, just to fall in love with a mysterious artist... But will he find the artist behind? . . . Sad story alert ⚠
488K 33.4K 53
𝙙𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙮 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙡𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙬𝙤 𝙙𝙞𝙛𝙛𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙥𝙚𝙤𝙥𝙡𝙚... 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚𝙨, 𝙙𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙮'𝙨 𝙘𝙧...