Closer | A Theo Nott Enemies...

Par OutsidersAf

Amalia Zabini has never been one to rock the boat, being adopted made her the butt of all jokes, especially t... Plus

Introduction
Don't Trust Me
Trials
Dare
She
Headless
FOR YOUR LOVE
In My Room
976-EVIL
Come As You Are
Cherry
Everlong
In My Feelings
Desire
Peppers
Salvatore
Woo
Crushcrushcrush
Rush
Gossip
Electric
Kintsugi
Wildflower
Ohms
Be Quiet and Drive
Soap
Notice Me
Sabotage
Playing Dangerous
Eventually
Kinda Out Of Luck
Ultraviolence
K-12
Fast In My Car
Bound 2
If u Think I'm Pretty
Teacher's Pet
MY EYES
Little Bit
feel something
Author Note
Night Shift
Good Looking
Je Te Laisserai Des Mots
Waves
Atlas: Touch
Tutto questo sei tu
It Will Rain

Prisoner

5.5K 66 1
Par OutsidersAf

I have been anxious as the Yule Ball was slowly approaching and- Oh!

It's tomorrow.

"PANSY!"

Waking from my deep sleep causing her to shoot up as well.

"What!? What!? Who's here!"

Whipping out her wand in a daze brushing the rats nest out of her face to fend off any possible dangerous intruders.

I couldn't hold back my laughter. She glares at me as she lowers her wand, falling back down into her pillow.

"What time is it..."

Pansy lazily grabs her alarm clock, squinting to make out the time. Her eyes widen in anger, throwing the alarm clock at me which I dodge.

"You wanker! It's 5 o'clock in the morning...WE DON'T EVEN HAVE CLASSES TODAY."

She yells at me, trying her best to go back to sleep.

"I know that, I need a dress."

Raising from her bed as if she was a vampire raising from their coffin, her head moves it's way towards me.

"We went to Hogsmeade NINE TIMES, you hated everything, we have no time, all the nice dresses have been wiped clean."

Shoving my pillow against my face letting out a blood curling scream into it. I slam it down as well as my body, giving up all hope.

"You know you can always write to your mother-"

Pansy suggests, my nerves cause me to jump and run to her bed.

"Have you gone mad? If she knew I was going with a Gryffindor she'd-"

Pansy felt the need to interrupt me, the same way I did her.

"Oh she already knows! Blaise wrote to her as soon as he found out!"

"Your mother has just been waiting for a letter so that she can send the dress your way, well that's what Blaise told me anyways."

My brows furrow in frustration.

"And you didn't tell me this because?"

My arms cross over my chest, I am beyond annoyed with Pansy and my brother, also my mother at this point.

"Blaise said that your mother said you knew you wouldn't be able to tell her so she was just waiting for the a okay."

Pansy slyly remarks. I huff as a child would when they have to do a chore their parents just told them to do.

"Fine, I'll send it express owl."

Pansy flips back down, covering her face with her pillow.

"Good, now leave me alone."

~*~

Anxiously awaiting for an owl to come in, my leg shakes in anticipation. I have been waiting there ever since I sent an owl to my house. I had been drinking black coffee since seven in the morning, it was now half past three.

"You look terrible, the nerves for tomorrow keeping you up?"

A curious Fred sits across from me, earning multiple dirty looks from other Slytherin's at the table. Fred didn't seem to mind them.

"Actually I'm expecting my dress to be dropped off, you know, for tomorrow."

Replying without moving my eyes from the other owls dropping off letters and packages for other students. Fred lets out a short chuckle.

"It better not be green, that was my only request. See you tomorrow love."

Without a word to him I keep my eyes stuck on different owls soaring through the hall.
"I know he's your date but can he not infect the table, we eat here you know."

Draco.

"Yeah, yeah sure, sure whatever you say."

Confused looks are exchanged between the boys sitting across from me, as they were hoping for a snarky reply from me.

"Why are you so antsy Malia? Are you expecting something?"

Mattheo is so sweet but I could not handle his painfully obvious questions in the state I'm in.

"No Mattheo, I just like looking at dirty birds throw owl spit drenched letters onto tables-"

A package slams down in front of us causing the whole table to jump since all the boys were only paying attention to my rude response to Mattheo.

"My dress!"

Beaming in delight, ripping the package off of the table. Before I begin my descent I packtrack a few steps.

"I'm sorry Mattheo, I was just very agitated. See you tomorrow boys!"

My feet were floating by how fast I was running to the dungeons. I could not wait to see what my mother had got me, she always had amazing taste.

***

"Oh my! It seems we have a super model in my closet!"

My mother peers around the corner as I am wearing her enormously large heels along with her black formal gown and red lipstick smeared across my lips.

I jump as I have been caught, hiding my face in her black gloves that fell to my wrist from how big they were. She laughs as she crouches down to remove my hands from my face.

"One day, you will be able to wear this, but since I have a ball with a special someone tonight, it won't be tonight."

My mother tickles my sides as I fall into the black dress, engulfed in laughter and black trim.

"Okay sweetheart, let's get you cleaned up."

My mother lifts me easily from her shoes and dress as I toss off her gloves behind her.

She sits me in front of her makeup vanity as she carefully removes the red lipstick I had stained across my lips, well bottom half of my face.

I admire my mother at how delicately she removed the red from my face, my mother is the most beautiful woman I had ever laid eyes on.

Her skin had a natural golden hue to it whenever she stepped in the sunlight and gorgeous chocolate eyes.

Her breath smelled of sour cherries and grapes, yet was so addicting.

Peering in the mirror when she finished and before I could move she takes out the lipstick I had crushed against my skin.

I hide my face, as I could feel her voice about to raise.

"Darling, remove your hands, I will show you how to properly do this."

Removing my hands as my mother begins to run the red lipstick across my lips, not going over the areas I had previously thought needed to be covered.

"You want just enough lipstick so that some, slightly goes just above the line of your natural lips."

"Wow, you are a movie star!"

She turns the chair into the mirror as I am met with beautiful red lips. I give my mother a few poses making her laugh. I give her a big smile before embracing her in my arms.

***

I sit on my dorm floor, with the box urging me to rip it open to find what lays beneath the surface. I fiddle with some tape that holds the box together as I wait for Pansy to finish up in the bathroom. She is startled by my presence.

"My god you're horrible."

Tapping the box, she removes her hand from her heart.

Dramatic.

"What is that."

She says pointing to the box, a deep smile is shown from my face as she throws herself to the ground.

"Open it now!"

I don't hesitate to follow her orders as I throw off the top of the box to reveal a black dress. My eyes tear up as I reminisce on this dress.

"Holy shit."

Was the only words that could form from Pansy's mouth as her reaction was a reflection of mine.

"It was my mother's."

Holding the dress in my arms,I could still smell her. This year would be the first Christmas I haven't spent with my mother and it was just a reminder of how much I truly miss her.

"You have a card."

Pansy holds it up as she begins to read it, I allow her.

"Thanks for biting the bullet, although it's not new, I told you one day you will wear it and this is the perfect occasion, love mum."

Pansy begins to tear up, even though she does not know the back story I could tell it touched Pansy's heart as deeply as it touched mine.

"Well go on then, try it on!"

Taking out the dress from the box to reveal a small black bullet and an even smaller box. I am intrigued and pause the try on to get a closer look.

Red lipstick.

Gently, I remove the cap from the lipstick. I smile to myself and reach for the smaller box but to my surprise Pansy had already had it open with her mouth gaped open at the sight.

"What is it!"

Pansy removes a gorgeous layered pearl choker with a massive ruby holding the two ends together.

"You need to put this on, now."

Pansy impatiently demands.

Tearing off my clothes I had on and slip myself into the dress, turning to have Pansy lace up the back, I didn't need to tell her since she wanted to see me in it as much as I wanted to.

Brushing my hair past my shoulders, Pansy lines up the necklace perfectly.

The dress hugged me in all the right places, it was a tad bit longer on me but nothing heels could fix.

Tears swelled in my eyes as I saw my mother looking back at me.

Yes, I am adopted, the thing is, I could only see her there, no longer me. A flash appears from behind as I notice Pansy taking a picture on her annoyingly massive camera.

"I had to."

We both laugh at her enthusiasm towards this moment.

Tomorrow can't come any sooner.

~*~

"Goodmorning!"

I hear the door to our dorm swing open, before I could even open my eyes I feel a weight bouncing on me up and down.

"Get up! We have to start getting ready!"

"Astoria, it's seven in the morning, what do we have to get ready for."

She slams down a champagne flute filled to the brim with champagne.

"Well yeah, we have to feel good while we get ready."

She giggles, I look to Pansy to see her happily taking a sip of champagne.

Astoria sat on the floor next to Pansy as the two stare me down awaiting my simple task of taking a swig.

Grabbing the flute I inspect it one last time before taking a sip.

"Oh, it's champagne."

The girls laugh as my suspicion melted into the champagne flute.

Astoria finished her drink, leaving our room.

"I didn't need to be up this early."

Groaning I lay back in my bed carefully not to spill the mimosa on my sheets.

"I did, if you need me, I'll be showering in Astoria's room."

Pansy is nutritious for taking atrociously long showers, especially if it is something important, also known as, going to the common room.

"Thank you!"

~*~

"Earth to Malia? It's twelve o'clock, get up."

Pansy shoves me in attempts to wake me. It worked. Normally most girls would freak out if they found out they slept in a four extra hours instead of one, I wasn't too stressed out though, the longest part of my routine is my shower so I feel confident.

"Okay, I'm going to move my makeup to the mirror in the room while you shower!"

"Alright, alright, I'm going."

Raising my arms in defense heading to the bathroom.

"I just don't want you to be late that's all!"

I wave Pansy off, closing the door behind me. It really hasn't hit me yet that tonight was the Yule Ball. I smile in the mirror with excitement.

This will be fun.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

30.6K 550 36
IN THE PROCCES OF EDITING / ADDING PARTS!!! Abella Parkinson is determined to keep hating Harry Potter, Long time nemesis. But even The Slytherin Pri...
1.2M 32.7K 70
☆ it all started with just a simple game night. but delilah wouldn't change a single thing. she loves him with everything she has, and he loves her...
20K 300 71
"Mattheo. You've got to understand that this has gone too far. We're enemies. We always were, and nothing can change that." "Please don't say it's o...
13.4K 251 31
We're different, unalike, opposite but yet we understand, love, agree, and hope as one. Love is undescribable, ununderstandable, unpredictable but it...