The Not so Dark Hours (Tomarr...

By SalazarFrost

6th year at Hogwarts. Harry is starting to suspect that Dumbledore is not who he makes himself out to be. Fur... More

Please read!
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27

CHAPTER 20

1.5K 62 9
By SalazarFrost

After we explained our plans to the rest of the gang they all asked a few questions, with one exception: Sirius. His only question was:

"All that sounds great and I'm sure we'll kick Dumbledore's arse... But... I have wanted to ask you Marvolo – What happened to Reg? What happened to my little brother?" Sirius' voice is raw when he asks, but his gaze remains unrelenting.

"To be quite frank with you... I don't know. I really can't tell you. Regulus was never involved in any action. He helped plan political agendas and gave us some intel on Hogwarts, but that was it. I think he wanted to avoid fighting you at all cost. From what Severus tells me, he really looked up to you. One day he told me he'd help Yaxley on a mission I gave him, but he never did go on that mission. After that he never came back..."

"Wait! Sirius, what's Regulus' full name?" I ask hurried with a glint in my eyes.

"I don't see how that's important, but it's Regulus Arcturus Black." Sirius says and I jump up.

"Oh Merlin, why didn't I see that before! He is R.A.B! R.A.B is him!" I shout jumping up and down with excitement.

"What... Harry? I'm sorry to say, but I don't see how my brother's initials will bring him back or help me understand what happened to him." Sirius says and I sit down again, saying 'sorry'.

"In the beginning of the year Dumbledore took me to some creepy rock in the middle of an ocean to hunt down one of Tom's dark artefacts, can't say what it is though. There were lots of traps, Dumbledore got cursed yadda yadda yadda. Anyhow, when we got back Dumbledore gave the thing to me and said he'd go rest and told me to figure out how to destroy it. So I take the thing along to my dorm, check it for any curses or dark spells, but there weren't any, not even a hint of dark energy that you usually feel with that sort of thing. So I simply open it, and what do I find? A little note saying: To the Dark Lord – I know I will be dead long before you read this, but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real 'item' and intend to destroy it as soon as I can. I face death in the hope that when you meet your match, you will be mortal once more. - R.A.B. I told Ron and 'Mione about the note, but they hadn't the slightest idea who R.A.B. is either, so I just hid it in my trunk for the time being, but when you guys mentioned Regulus I thought about that note again. First off, he didn't seem very loyal to the dark, no offence Tom, and second of all, his first and last name matched the first and last initials. I just didn't know his middle name, that's why I asked. Now about what he wrote, stop looking so worried, I think I know how we can find out what happened to Regulus. Kreacher!" I shout, startling everyone. Sirius' eyes darken upon hearing the name. I look over to Tom, but he just looks thoughtful. Just then a pop resounds and Kreacher appears.

"What cans Kreacher be doing for Master of Death?" Kreacher asks. Everyone's head snaps to me and I blush at the unwanted attention.

"I'll tell you guys later. Anyhow, Kreacher, could you tell me what happened to your former master, Regulus Black? If he is alive we want to help him!" I say and look to Tom who confirms with a nod.

"Oh it's horrible what they do to Master Regulus! Master Regulus was such a fines young Master! Master Regulus came to Kreacher after finding dark object and asks Kreacher to destroy it, but Kreacher tries and tries and can't do it! So Master goes to that awful bearded muggle-lover for help, but the fool just be laughing at Master. He said Master be destroying his plans so he takes Master and locks him away in the old dungeons of stupid school and bes torturing master with help of slimy man! Master still being alive, Kreacher can feels it, but Kreacher can't help Master because of the old fool's spell! So Kreacher keeps trying to do what Master told Kreacher to do for years, but damn thing won't break. Instead thing hurts Kreacher when Kreacher touches it, but it's nothing to Kreacher, compared to what Master Regulus has to go through to this day." Kreacher finishes with a rasp and that is the most I've ever heard him say. He must really love Regulus.

Sirius is sitting on his chair, silently crying into Remus' shoulder while Remus rubs his back soothingly.

"I know we're all giving ourselves some sort of fault for this, but listen. This is nobody's fault, but Dumbledore's. As soon as I'm back at Hogwarts I will find away to get into the dungeons, even if I have to get past Filch and his hideous cat!" I say with conviction and the rest of the group nods, even Kreacher.

"If young Master be needing Kreacher's help, young Master can call Kreacher any time and Kreacher will dispose of slimy squib!" Kreacher shows a row of sharp little teeth as he grins and I grin back, thanking him.

"Well, I think the first thing on the agenda is for you to meet my employees, isn't that right Harry?" Tom teases and I grind my teeth, thinking about Lucius' smug look when he finds out that I fell into his Bosses hands one way or another. "I actually scheduled a meeting in – oh would you look at that, now!"

I grind my teeth even harder and look at the others for help, but they are all looking everywhere but me. Looks like the book about flower arrangements and their magical use has really caught Sirius' attention, and the twins are really loving the material of the arm chair they're inspecting. Remus is just point blank staring at his nails as if they hold the answer to world peace. Wow, thanks guys.

---

Tom and I are standing in front of the door to the meeting room, which is already filled with Tom's most loyal 'co-workers' or whatever they call themselves nowadays. It was my idea, but I'm starting to regret it when I hear Bellatrix' crazy arse laugh through the thick wooden door.

Tom suddenly grabs my hand, interlaces his fingers with mine, and opens the door. He then dramatically swoops in, robes swishing while I am pulled along like a dog on a leash. I at least try to take the situation with stride and catwalk towards the seat next to Tom, which is - this time - empty. Looks like Lucius learnt his lesson.

"Good afternoon everybody!" Tom says and they answer with: "Good afternoon, boss."

Interesting. Also, what is this, primary school?

"Hullo fellow death workers, lovely to see thee tis da-" I shut my mouth when I see that the ex-death-eaters have all brought along their heirs. Draco Malfoy is looking at me with a smug face and I see Pansy Parkinson passing him a Galleon. "Good to see that you've been betting on me Malfoy, Parkinson, but I must say, I am disappointed. I thought you'd at least be betting a bit more, after all you have access to daddy's money, don't you?" I say in a sweet voice.

"Oh, don't worry Potter, I'm not wasting my father's money. I did an internship at the ministry over the summer. I don't think you're one to talk about spending your parents' money." Draco comments cloyingly.

"Darling, it's called a trust fund, I sure as hell wouldn't trust you with anything, let alone money. Also, good job on getting that job, good old nepotism, ay?" I snark back before ignoring the seat meant for me and sitting down on Tom's lap.

"I know what you're doing, but I'll admit, seeing Malfoy Junior's face turn red is quite satisfying." Tom whispers into my ear and a shiver runs down my spine. Only then do I look around and see the ridiculous looks on the others' faces.

"As you can very well see, I have decided to court your boss. Violet, champagne!" I order and Violet pops in with enough glasses of champagne for everyone except for me and Tom. I wink at Violet and she nods, bringing out the expensive 'Dom Pérignon Brut Champagne' for Tom and I, still in the bottle for the others to see. Lucius eyes the expensive alcohol with jealousy, while I give Tom his flute.

"What Harry meant to say is that I have been courting him and he has decided to do the same. Anyhow, today we will be talking about some important plans that Harry has developed together with me. Afterwards we will commence with supper. The Sacre du Voile ceremony has already been prepared for tomorrow." Tom explains and I nod along as if I know exactly what he's talking about.

---

We have discussed everything. Professionally of course.

Now we are sitting at the large dinner table. The only ones that are missing are the twins and the two love-birds.

"So... Mr. Potter, I have been meaning to ask: Are all of your school years this... Exciting? Apart from your first year of course." Lucius asks, his question sounding all too innocent.

"Oh please Lucius, call me Harry. Anyhow, even my first year was an adventure. I came into contact with a Cerberus named Fluffy, he was Hagrid's of course, fell into Devil's Snare, had to chase rusty old keys around a room, my best friend almost died playing life size wizarding chess, and then after all that I actually had to solve a riddle, of course 'Mione solved most of it and I was just mental support, but still. Anyhow, after all that I met the person who killed my parents, the second time that year! And he was on the back of my DADA Professor's head! Imagine how shocking that was, and I was eleven. He then came running at me and I accidentally burned him with my hands somehow.

Second year I kinda met teenage Voldy through I captive memory in his diary, I must admit, he was kind of foxy. Of course I couldn't be bothered to look at him for longer than necessary, cause he was quite literally sucking the life force out of my best friend's little sister and having a huge and old, full grown basilisk chasing me through the chamber of bloody secrets! Then the headmaster's phoenix swooped in, dropped the sorting hat at my feet and scratched out the eyes of the basilisk. I then somehow pulled the sword of Godric Gryffindor out of the hat and stabbed it through the roof of the basilisk's mouth. One of it's teeth kind of got stuck in my arm because of that though, and so I was on the verge of dying next to a panicked Ginny Weasley. I then stabbed the cursed diary with the tooth of the basilisk that got stuck in my arm and destroyed teenage Voldaddy. I was still dying though. Long story short, Fawkes cried onto my wound and it healed. Anyhow, the rest of my school years are stories for another day. Anybody want the Vinaigrette? It is simply delectable!" I finish off. I notice that everybody had gone quiet to listen to my story and turn a slight shade of red.

"Those are quite the tales, you should think about writing an autobiography. It would surely be very interesting. I cannot believe the headmaster, having let a mere 11 and 12 year old face off against the darkest wizard knowingly. Even at your current age that is still not acceptable. Didn't your family say anything about that? You must have told them about the things you went through." Lucius says, and surprisingly i believe every word he says. Seems like he is a snark-ball, but soft at heart.

"I must admit Harry, I am also quite intrigued. You've never told me much about the people you grew up with." Tom says, while gently massaging my left shoulder.

"That's because there's not much to tell. I grew up with my mum's sister and her husband and son. They never cared much for magic, and I never cared much for them and that was that." I say, shrugging. There's no need to expose my difficult childhood to these people.

Suddenly Snape snorts and shakes his head.

"Did you just say Petunia doesn't 'care much' for magic? She despised magic and her sister for having it, while she remained a squib. Always bullied Lily as well. She was one of the worst muggles I had met at that point." Snape argues. He is right, but I'm not eager to admit that I was just a loveless push-over growing up.

"That's quite enough Severus. I think there are much more pleasurable things to talk about. You are right Harry, the vinaigrette is indeed fantastic!" Tom helps me out and I smile at him, thankful.

"Potter, I think you forgot to mention that in first year you helped that half-giant smuggle a dragon." Draco mentions smugly. He probably thinks that he just brought me into a difficult situation, but really, I am happy that he changed the topic. Now the others will have something else to occupy their minds with.

"Hahahah, Potter junior illegally smuggled a dragon right under Albus Dumbledore's nose, that is simply hilarious. Good job darling, you're really making aunt Bella proud!" Bellatrix suddenly cuts in and it is an understatement to say I'm confused. This is not making sense on so many levels.

Then Bellatrix, who is sitting next to Narcissa, stands up and walks to my side, hugging me out of the blue.

"Don't worry Harry, Aunt Bella will take care of you now. If anyone at Hogwarts bullies you even a bit, tell me and I'll slowly crucio them, okay darling?" Bellatrix adds.

I am still stiff in her hug, but I slowly loosen up. Whatever Dumbledore did made her seem evil, but she is still crazy, but maybe crazy is not bad. She genuinely seems to mean what she's saying.

"Alright Bella, let go of my 'boyfriend'." At Tom's words I blush in fifty shades of red and stuff my face with a big fork of salad. Bellatrix is now sat next to Narcissa again, but winks at me with a smile that can only be described as mischievous.

Maybe change isn't as scary as I always thought it to be. I feel like I have found my people right here. The only ones that are missing are Ron and 'Mione...

A/N Here is the super long chapter, as promised! (Also just realized that it isn't the longest chapter I've written xD) I have really outdone myself with quick writing this time, if I may say so myself xD (please don't get used to this speed!)

I have been super motivated + inspired recently, which I am really thankful for.

Thank you guys for all your support and love! This story is my child and I am so fulfilled, seeing all of you enjoy reading it!

Please comment and vote if you like my story!

As always, stay happy and healthy!

Luv, Salazar

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

484K 26K 89
Tom, as much as he hates to admit it, wants to fit in the wizarding world. Make a name. Probably kill Dumbledore. (And wants a family *it's a secret*...
9.4K 416 45
EDITING IN PROGRESS. Underage magic, two dark spells, it won't be long before the ministry hunts her down. Hermione Granger, previously mudblood scum...
1.2M 36.9K 32
It's Harry's 4th year at Hogwarts and his name has just come out of the Goblet of Fire. Everyone has abandoned him and he feels utterly alone. Throug...
2.6M 44.6K 104
Y/n Riddle. Daughter of the Dark Lord. However, nobody knows. Well, until sixth year when she gets paired up with a new Death Eater, Draco Malfoy. ...