The Transfer

Por cherrych0nk

Y/N is a firebender officer that has been transferred from Ba Sing Se to Republic City PD. Can she and her ne... Más

First Day
First Day part 2
Cold Case
The Mansion
The Fire
The Hospital
Hope
Back Home
Support
Getting Better
Coffee
Development
The Beach part 1
The Beach part 2
The Beach part 3
Desire
Something Blooming
The Festival
Lies
Her Place

IM BACK

1K 63 31
Por cherrych0nk

* Hey guys! Sorry I've been a ghost, life has been busy af and now im finally getting back to normal. I'm not giving up on this story but I've had to re-read it to know where I left off. There's a few mistakes/inconsistencies/errors in this story. English isn't my main language so I've had a bit of an issue. Anyways, thank you all for the support and for reading this little story. Without further ado, I present to you 'The Transfer'*

"Tank?!"

This was a call you weren't expecting, you were surprised, confused and worried all at the same time.

"Tank you need to surrender into police custody right now, you can't keep running." You said gripping the phone tightly.

"No, I'm not coming back. They know I was the one to spill the information so they will hit me next."

"Why are you calling Tank?"

There was a pause before commotion could be heard from the other side of the line. "Y/N they are coming after you. You may never hear from me again but-"

"Where are you?!" You asked frantically

You heard a crash and men yelling. "The docks... Watch your back Y/N"

The line went dead after those last words. You sat in your chair trying to digest everything and thinking of what to do. You decided to tell Lin about this. Standing up you almost crashed into Mako who had heard your distressed voice and came to see what was up.

"Y/N are you okay?" Mako asked, brows furrowed

"I- I need to talk to the Chief" You said moving past him

"Was that Tank?" He asked following you

'Watch Your Back' Those words keep ringing in your subconscious as you continued walking. "Yes, I need to tell Li- the Chief" You corrected yourself, your feelings were all over the place making your mind blurr and your anxiety rise.

Quickly you both walked towards Lin's office and barged in without knocking. The Chief looking up from her paperwork to stare at you and Mako angrily.

"What the hell do you two think you're d-" Lin stopped talking when she saw the worried looks on your faces.

"What's going on?" She asked, standing up and quickly approaching.

"Tank called, he was at the docks and I don't know if he's alive but... I think I'm in danger?" You said the last part almost in a whisper and not making eye contact.

Lin nodded. "Let's hurry, we might catch them if we move now." She marched out of her office and stood in front of everyone. Calls were coming in from people around the docks, a fight and a fire had formed. Lin decided to address the situation and take action.

"I will choose a team to take to the docks with me to examine the scene and see if we can apprehend the people responsible. We move now, I will send the closest patrols to the area and we will be there for back up." She pointed to a few officers including Mako. "Let's go!"

You quickly followed Lin only for her to stop you. "You stay, they made it clear that you are the next target. I won't take that chance." Her intention was to sound harsh, but you could see the apprehension in her eyes as she spoke.

"Should I go home?" You asked

She pondered for a moment. "Stay here, other officers can have your back if anything happens."

"Okay" You said sighing

She nodded in relief and continued to move on. "Stay and receive the calls with your fellow officers, if more threats come through let us know. We'll call for backup if it's needed."

"Yes Chief." You said, already planning how to escape and go to the docks. You couldn't help it even if you tried.
_________

The docks were a mess of fire and ash. The fire team was already putting out what was left active and the paramedics were on the scene helping the injured bystanders. Cops were searching every inch of the place looking for signs of the perpetrators, the fire making collecting evidence a hassle. Vendors and people were crowding around looking for answers while the press took pictures and interviewed anyone and everyone. Everything was making the investigation difficult. Lin had spent half an hour looking around in different stores and talking with civilians to see if she could find Tank or at least any evidence he had been there.

"Chief!" An officer called

"Yes?" Lin said approaching

"We found something"

Lin walked towards the group and into a burnt shack, everything around was black due to the fire and the floor was nothing but ash. There was a smell of burnt meat and she continued walking only to find a human body absolutely calcified. The body looked like it was laying face down, in its back was a knife pushed in the middle of the shoulder blades. Lin crouched down and took a better look, she hummed.

"Call over the forensics team, check if this body belongs to the fugitive."

"Yes Chief!"

Lin stood up from her place. "They want the message to be clear. This is what backstabbers get."
___________________

Back at the station calls were still coming in and you had to explain to many civilians that the issue was being looked into and the Chief was working on a resolution. Some were content with the answer while others kept badgering and calling to complain about the smell and smoke. Besides that, everything was dying down and regular calls were coming in as officers were dispatched to different scenes.

"So he told you they were after you?" Jia asked as she handed you a cup of coffee.

"Yes, I still don't know how to feel about it." You hummed while taking a sip of the drink.

Jia looked at you bewildered. "Ummm hello? You just got told a mob boss was after your ass and you just feel unsure?"

You chuckled "I'll be fine, I always am"

Jia opened her mouth to comment when the whole floor started buzzing with calls again.

"There goes the peace." Jia said leaving and running back to her desk.

You answered your ringing phone and listened to the caller. "RCPD Officer Y/N speaking, what is your emergency?"

"Our building is on fire!" The caller yelled

"Are you safe or inside the building?" You asked keeping calm

"I think everyone is out! The're were just a few of us inside." The man said, trying to sound calm and coherent.

You sighed in relief "What is your location so we can send help?"

Your whole world stopped as you heard the address. "We will send everyone available to help. Stay Calm." With that the caller hung up and you took a breath. It all came crashing down when you relayed the information. It was your building, everything was in slow motion as you stood up and made eye contact with a fellow officer. They gave you a weird look before you started to run, they soon followed.

"Y/N?" One yelled

"My place is on fire!" You yelled

"We got the call too, If it's the one on lion turtle street they're already units on their way! Go!"

You kept running and didn't stop until you got into a patrol car. You quickly radio Mako.

"Officer Mako Spea-"

"My place is on fire!" You yelled as you sped out of the headquarters.

"What?!" He questioned

"Mako it's Y/N! My building is on fire, I'm on my way there!"

"Y/N go back! This could be a trap!"

You hung up as soon as he finished the sentence and continued on your way.
______________

Lin was speaking with a detective when Mako came running to her side.

"Y/N's place is on fire!" Mako's voice was shaky but firm.

"Where's Y/N?" Lin spoke, her voice laced with anger and stress

"She's on her way there, I couldn't stop her."

"Dammit!" Lin cussed "Get there and stay with her, don't let her out of your sight."

"Yes chief!"

Lin quickly called a small group and asked them to stay with the small group of firefighters as the rest left with her. She couldn't help how she felt, the fear eating her mind as she envisioned Y/N dead by the hands of people she hadn't been able to apprehend. Fear that quickly turned into anger as she pushed the gas pedal and the sirens roared through the streets.
___________________

After searching around the building for the men responsible, you fell to your knees as you saw the fire eat away all you had leaving you with only the clothes on your back and your aching heart. Your only consolation was the fact that everyone managed to evacuate as soon as the fire started. Tears streamed down your face as you felt a hand on your shoulder and you looked up to find Mako staring at you and handing you his hand for you to take. You did and he helped you up.

"We'll be here for you okay?" Mako held your hand tight.

You nodded, not trusting your voice to not break as your emotions raged in your chest. You hugged him and he returned the gesture, holding you tightly.

"Y/N!" Lin called as soon as she got out of her patrol car.

You looked back at her and couldn't help but burst out in tears. She rushed to your side and placed her hand on your back. "We will find them, I promise."

You nodded. You wanted nothing more than to hug her but didn't want to put her in an uncomfortable situation.

After hours of putting the fire out and looking if anyone was left in the building you were allowed to see your apartment. Everything was gone, from your clothes, most of your jewelry, family pictures to trinkets you were gifted by coworkers and friends. As you moved to your bedroom and looked around, you found something under the bed, you crouched down and grabbed what you realized was the plushie you were gifted when you were at the hospital. It was partially burned in some places but otherwise in okay condition. You grabbed it and held it close to you as you walked down the apartment and out of the building. You felt defeated and scared, you didn't know what to do. Walking towards a nearby telephone you called your father and he answered as normal.

"Father, something happened" You said, your heart on your throat

"Do I have to kill someone?" His voice was low and serious.

"I wasn't hurt, my building was burned down by criminals."

He hummed. "Do you want me to go get you?"

You looked at the building and sighed. "No, I know where I'm going to stay." You lied.

"Are you sure? I could send the boys to you right now."

You smiled thinking of your old coworkers. "No, I'm okay. I just didn't want you to worry once the news spread."

"Okay. I'll be here if you need anything Y/N."

"Yes father, thank you." You said

He said his goodbyes and you hung up. Once the call ended and you went back into reality and started stressing, where were you going to stay now?

"Y/N" Lin called

You turned around to see Lin walking towards you.

"Chief" You said sighing

"I can't believe I allowed this to happen." She said upset.

"It wasn't your fault, if anything, it was a good idea I stayed at the office. I would've been a human kebab if I had left and gone home. I just don't know what to do now."

Lin stared at you for a moment, contemplating. "Well you could stay with m-"

A loud roar sounded from above as a sky bison landed close by and Tenzin, Jinora and Ikki got off and ran to you.

"Y/N! You're okay!" The girls said, hugging you.

"Safe and sound." You said smiling

"We came to make sure you were okay! And to tell you that you will be staying with us now!" Ikki said excitedly.

"What?" You asked surprised.

"We want you to stay with us if that's okay with you. We heard everything through the police scanner. '' Tenzin said approaching.
You smiled in relief. "You guys have saved my life."

The airbenders smiled and nodded.

"We will be waiting for you at temple island after your shift. Don't worry about anything, we will help." Tenzin spoke

You smiled, feeling your heart burst with thankfulness. You bowed, said your thanks and they left.

"Well that problem solved itself." Lin said in an indifferent tone.

You chuckled and looked at her. "You were saying something?"

"Forget it. Let's head back so we can see what clues and evidence the team has collected."
You nodded and made your way to the station. You wondered what Lin wanted to tell you.
___________

A few hours later on Air Temple Island

The news had spread and the whole gang came to see and check up on you. Asami, Korra, Bolin, Kya and her wife and literally every nomad in the island was asking about you. Lin accompanied you like always and you both arrived and sat down for dinner as you told the story.

"-And we still haven't apprehended the people responsible for the two arson cases that happened today." You finished telling today's events to everyone surrounding the table.

"Wow, can't believe that you're homeless now..." Bolin said with little decorum

"Bolin!" Mako scolded

You laughed "It's true though!"

"What are your plans now? Are you going back to Ba Sing Se?" Asami asked

Lin stiffened and looked at you. You didn't notice her reaction and continued.

"Nope, not going anywhere. My life is here now. My father knows and he's calm so that's all that matters right now. I don't want him to worry at his age." You said as Pema took your empty plate.

"We are all just glad that nothing happened to you physically and you didn't end up in the hospital again." Kya said, Amara nodding with her

"Don't worry, I've learned from last time."

"Barely" Lin commented, making the group laugh. 

"Hey!" You swatted her shoulder and she snickered before catching herself and changing her face into a blank one. You felt your heart... flutter?

Asami and Pema catched the reaction but stayed quiet.

"So... Is there a special someone that is making you stay? Because we know you aren't staying out of the kindness of your heart." Korra said, smirking.

Your face turned red. "No! I just want to catch these guys before things get worse."

"Sure, and the fact that your face looks like a tomato has nothing to do with my honest question."

"Korra, leave her alone" Asami warned.

"I'm serious!" You defended yourself. The more you spoke the redder your face got.

Lin's face turned in curiosity.

"If I had someone I would've told you guys."

"Why do I feel like you are lying about that?" Jinora said, sipping her tea.

You huffed. "I don't, I just want to be there and help the Chief catch these people."

Asami and Pema shared a knowing look.

"Sureeeee" Korra mocked

"She's telling the truth" Lin said as she leaned back in her chair.

"See! She's a truth seer, she would know." You beamed

"I am not, but I don't need to be. You are always at work, you don't go out and even if you did know someone, It would be from the station and Jia is already talking to someone. And I know for a fact that you wouldn't mess with someone that already has a partner."

"Maybe you don't know them yet, maybe it's a secret! Maybe it's not Jia! What if..." Korra scanned the room and soon found her target. "WHAT IF IT IS MAKO?!" Korra said scandalized.

Lin and Mako rolled their eyes.

"I'm gay! I like women!" You yelled

Korra laughed. "Ok, ok. Serious now." She looked around again. "Guys help me. It must be another cop so if It's not Miss blondie then who is it?"

Lin stared at Korra and then looked at you.

"Describe things about her without telling us her name." Asami said, leaning into Korra.

"I have no one!" You fought back

"Just, imagine you had. How would they be?"

You thought for a moment and immediately Lin came to your mind. Your cheeks flushed and you sighed. "Well... She would be kind, selfless and a hard worker."

"Be specific!"

You grunted. "Metalbender"

"That's literally 98% of cops in RCPD Y/N" Korra said annoyed

"She has green eyes." You blushed

"And?" Asami asked intrigued

Lin was now in full attention. You were definitely describing someone you knew. Did you actually like someone? Someone that wasn't her? Was the kiss something you didn't mean?

"She's taller than me."

"Literally everyone." Ikki said chuckling

You huffed. "Well she's a total badass."

"How's her personality?" Amara asked, Lin looking at her in confusion

"She's bossy, but very sweet."

"Hair?"

"Short... I think?" You said thinking. Lin always had her hair up in a neat hairdo

"Color?" Kya asked

You crossed your arms "Natural"

"What is her rank?" Mako asked

Lin felt her heart beat out of her chest as she waited for the decisive moment.

"I'm not saying that." You scoffed

Bolin chimed in "Come on! A detective? A supervisor? A Chie-"

"No!" You yelled, feeling your heart drop to your ass. "I'm not saying! Next question."

"Is she pretty?" Pema asked

"No, She's drop dead gorgeous." You said trying not to look at Lin.

Kya looked at Amara and Asami looked at Pema. Noticing the looks, Amara, Kya, Pema and Asami nodded.

"Tell us something about her that no one would know but you do." Kya asked

You smiled. "She likes her coffee light with cream and a few spoons of sugar."

Lin's eyes went wide with realization and her heart felt like it was going a million miles an hour.

"Lin knows!" Korra yelled

"W-What?! No! I just-" Lin tried to speak feeling her cheeks redden

"Who is she?!" Korra asked repeatedly

Lin crossed her arms and huffed. "If she doesn't want to tell, then we must respect her wishes."

"Awww come on!" Bolin groaned.

You looked at Lin with a smile and crossed your arms huffing. "That's right."

"Come on guys, drop it. She will tell us when she's ready." Asami said smiling

"Thanks Asami" You smiled softly as she nodded

The engineer stood up and signaled you to follow her outside. You followed behind her as everyone continued to talk and Lin watched you leave.

"Everything okay?" You asked as she turned to look at you.

"Here, this is for you." Asami said handing you a piece of paper

You opened to find some bank information. You looked up at her with a confused look. "You want me to look into this?"

Asami laughed. "No! It's a gift. That's a bank account I made for you. It has some money so you can buy some clothes and even a first month's rent somewhere." She smiled

"Oh Asami, I can't accept this. You're too kind." You said handing the paper to her.

"No, I want you to have it. It's a gift and the least I could do in these hard times."

Your eyes welled with tears and you gave her a tight hug. "Thank you." You whispered.

She hugged you back and smiled. "Don't let her go, she's quite a catch."

You let go and looked at her confused. "Who?"

"Lin, don't let her go. She's amazing and I know you two are going to make an amazing pair."

You felt a blush go from the top of your head to your toes. "SHE'S NOT-"

Asami laughed. "I can keep a secret Y/N, just treat her well okay? She deserves all the love she gets and I know you could give her plenty."

You nodded in defeat and smiled. "I guess I do like her... a lot."

"I can see... be good to her okay? She'll be good to you."

You nodded as Korra came out of the temple. "Ready to go Sami?"

"Let's go babe. Bye Y/N"

"Bye girls" You said waving.

Your heart felt so content and Lin flooded your mind. This had been such a horrible day and it had turned into something so beautiful quickly. It felt freeing for someone to know and to finally know what you felt regarding Lin. You sighed and saved the paper in your pocket, as you turned your back you bumped into someone.

"Oops! Sorry I-"

You look up to find Lin staring at you.

"Y/N..."

PS. If you go to tumblr under my username (Cherrychonk), You'll be able to see how I see my Y/N and her tatts 🤭

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

5.6K 127 19
Ivy is an officer of Republic City PD, and having a kid to look after is difficult. especially when Amon came to Republic City. this is season one of...
9.3K 216 26
this is based off of book 3 and 4. i know seasons three and four are a little sucky (not in my opinion) but I've seen the first season in a lot of li...
580K 18.7K 51
I wrote this for myself but you can read it, too, if you'd like. Y/N is a water bender who was born on board a fire navy ship holding Southern Water...
40.6K 1.8K 24
Princess Y/n who can kill anyone on the Emperor's command, who can die for her Empire. Her life changed upside down when the Emperor proposed to her...