Development

You had found a repetitive name and started looking into the man. His name was Goro, currently he was working at a ship manufacturer as a welding man in a company near the docks. The journal also revealed that Kane Akuma used to work there too. You had to investigate further so you walked out of the office looking for the Chief.

She was in another room talking to Saikan about a sting operation. They had to go move today in order to work due to a new development done by some inside spies.

"We move in after Song gets here. And we- Y/N what are you doing here?" Lin asked, a bit irritated

"Chief, I found some information about a possible suspect and I am asking permission to go ask him a few questions. I prefer not to call them in to not scare them."

She looked at Saikan. "Give me a moment, I'll be right back." She walked past you. "Come with me."

You followed Lin into her office where she looked at your notes. "You're not going without an escort and right now neither me or Mako can be there so no. You're not going today."

You felt rage boil your blood before you sighed. "Chief, it's important I go now! The more time passes the more complicated things get! I have to go as soon as possible." You tried to reason with her.

"What? And get yourself in trouble again?" Lin sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. "You're not going, end of discussion. I have a sting operation to think about and I don't need to stress over you too."

You could feel the heat emanating from your own body. "With all due respect Chief, I am more than capable of conducting a simple task as talking to a person of interest. But if you feel my capabilities are so low that doing a simple task is beyond my skill level, I wouldn't mind going back home where my capabilities are more than enough." You said with a leveled voice.

Lin looked at you with a sharp gaze and rapidly approached you, towering over you. You did everything to keep your face neutral but your fast beating heart gave you away.

"Are you challenging my orders?"

"No..."

She clasped her hands behind her back and started circling you. "My, my- she spends a few weeks in my office and starts thinking she can challenge me. Disrespecting me in my own territory-"

"Chief, I did not mean for-" You started walking backwards as she walked towards you. You had made a mistake, again.

"No, no. You know best apparently. So tell me-"

You had your back pressed against the wall as she leaned into you. You felt your knees bend as you slid down the wall slightly.

"Do you know more than me?" She growled.

A few things happened in quick succession. Your heart started beating a million times faster, you felt a blush cover your whole body as she looked down on you and your head was filled with not so modest thoughts about the Chief. You quickly shook your head and cleared your head.

In a bold move you stood straight and took a step towards her making the earthbender walk back. She still had a sharp look on her eyes but she also looked a bit surprised at your boldness.

"Chief, I do not mean to challenge you. I know your knowledge surpasses mine. I understand what you want and need me to do-" You said softly.

"But I need you to trust me. I promise I won't get myself into trouble this time. It will be as easy as going in and getting out."

The Chief sighed, crossing her arms and leaning into her desk.

"Please, let me prove myself to you." You said softly.