Cold Case

TW: Graphic descriptions of crimes line s*xual assault, murder, torture etc. (starts at ***___*** and ends at ***______***)

.
.
.
.
.

It's been two weeks. Two weeks of filing paperwork and cleaning people's desks. The chief would only allow you to patrol with Mako on random occasions, otherwise you were on desk duty. The only thing keeping you at bay was the new found friendships with your fellow officers and Jia. That woman would sneak in juicy gossip notes that kept you at the edge of your seat. So far two officers were having an affair with each other, the baker down the street was in a food battle with the new coffee place owner and the latest celebrity plastic surgery failure.

You had finished your latest work, it had taken you hours to fill with the correct information. A lot of things didn't make sense so you had to do a lot of investigating and digging to find the answers.

"Hey Mako, I'm done. Can you give this to the ch-" You stop when you realize that not only is Mako not there but you're completely alone in the bullpen. Looking up at the clock you almost gasp. Your shift had ended three hours ago and you didn't even notice people leaving.

"Monkey-feathers" You muttered. When you look up you aren't surprised to see the light in the Chief's office still on.

Might as well hand it myself. You pick up your coat and paperwork, walking over her door. You knock on it gently. "Umm, Chief? I just finished some paperwork. Can I hand it to you or...?"

She doesn't respond so you knock again. No response. "Well Chief, I'll leave it on my desk. Good night!"

You start walking towards your desk when you do a full one eighty and knock one more time. "Chief, are you okay?"

You place your hand on the handle. You shouldn't do this... But what if she's hurt? Your mind floods with worry as you open the door.

And there she is, the big bad Lin Beifong asleep, head on her desk and drooling a bit. She looks so tired and relaxed that you don't want to wake her. Placing the pile of papers on her desk you stare for a moment before grabbing your coat and draping it over her, tucking her in, you tuck some stray hairs sticking to her face. She doesn't react, the only sounds are gentle snores. The raising and falling of her back keep you at ease.

"Night, chief." You whisper as you walk out, closing the door behind you.

You get to the parking lot getting on your satomobile, it's an older model but takes you where you need to go. As you drive home you can't seem to get the chief out of your head. How adorable she looked sleeping like a baby in her office.

Finally you can have a hot shower and shed all the layers of clothing. You wash your hair and lay in the hot bathtub water humming as you relax. Many tattoos littered your body, yet there was more than enough space for a lot of more ink. Your most recent was this little headshot of a badger-mole on your bicep, a little boy had given you the art piece and you liked it so much you got it tattooed. You still remember how shocked and happy he looked.

You finish your shower and put on all your piercings back on, not wanting the holes to close up. You prepare tomorrow's uniform and get under the covers after drying your hair. Tomorrow would be a long day.
___________

It was bad. For the first time in years you woke up later than you should. As you glanze at the clock on the wall your eyes go wide.

"FUCK I'M LATE!" You yell sprinting from the bed and starting to get dressed as fast as a lighting strike.

Running to the bathroom you don't even look at the mirror just quickly brushing your teeth and barely spitting the paste as you wipe your mouth with your arm, you put your hair in a ponytail and continue on. With your uniform and boots on you run down stairs to your satomobile and bring the engine to life.