Back Home

Your five weeks in the hospital were not fun, not fun at all. Kya decided to extend your stay in the hospital after the same day she allowed you to go home, you fell down the stairs of the hospital. In your defense, the floor was slippery and you didn't get to grab the handle in time, the paparazzi taking pictures with their flash didn't help either. Lin was pissed when she learned about your fall and how the nurse failed to catch you. She was chewing the poor man up and down, and when you woke up she chewed you up too.

So here you were, finally getting discharged home, again. You were walking out of the hospital once more. Jia was waiting for you at the lobby to take you home and make sure you wouldn't have a repeat of the stairs incident.

"Ready to go home?" She asked, grabbing your bags.

"Heck yes, my bed is waiting for me." You smile as both of you walk to the front door where Lin and Mako were waiting.

"We'll escort you to the patrol car. Don't want them to get out of line and try to do anything stupid." Lin responded as Mako opened the door.

The four of you started walking as people with cameras started popping out of the bushes and started taking pictures and asking questions. You held onto Jia's arm as the anxiety rose.

"Brace yourself." Lin muttered.

"Officer Y/N! Officer Y/N! How are you feeling?" One of the men asked.

"Umm, I'm doing good thank you." You answered, trying to walk a bit faster.

"Officer Y/N when are you returning to work?" A woman asked.

"As soon as I'm cleared." You smile nervously.

"So you are going back to work! What do your coworkers think of having a heavily tattooed officer around them?"

"Well I think-"

"Do you belong to a gang? Are you a criminal?"

"No, of course not! I think people are-"

"How close to death did you come close to when you went inside the building?"

"Very close, I-"

"Are you planning on doing more body modifications?"

"Not right now. Maybe-"

"What is the meaning behind your tattoos?"

"Well, actually some don't have meaning they are just pretty and-"

"Is it true you are a dangerous mob leader back in Ba Sing Se?"

"Of course not!"

"Are you an aggressive person?"

"No!"

"Why do you have so many tattoos if you aren't a bad person?"

Their questions were infuriating and you were losing patience. "THEY ARE JUST DRAWINGS ON SKIN! People can express themselves however they want as long as they don't hurt others!" You barked.

This seemed to eager them as they got closer into your personal space, their cameras almost touching you.

"Officer Y/N do you like women or men?"

You blushed at the intrusive question. "W-what?"

"Is it true you sleep around?"

"No!"

"Y/N do you find your female coworkers attractive? Have you slept around with any of them?"

"What kind of questions are those?!" You asked.