THE BLOOD REVENGE

By the_pious_smile

This is the story of Ava, who was engulfed in darkness the night her mother died. She survived the worst, and... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHARACTERS
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

CHAPTER ELEVEN

53 9 0
By the_pious_smile

The party was classy, beaming with influential people. I was never a fan of big gatherings because, firstly, they are super boring and, secondly, they are too fake for my liking. People here are only here for two purposes: either to kiss the asses of powerful businessmen to fall into their good books or to gossip and find a way to stab them in the back.

Fake people with fake smiles over their lips, pretending to admire you, secretly wishing your demise.

Being in the industry for almost five years, I'm used to it. You can't trust these people to be your friends just like that. You never know what they have been planning in their minds.

I was having small talks with some CEOs when my gaze landed on a woman who stepped into the room, her saree flowing around her like a waterfall of silk. Each movement she made caused the saree to sway gracefully, revealing glimpses of her slender figure. My breathing hitched.

Ava.

She was with her father, who was beaming with pride for his daughter. She looks gorgeous in her navy-blue saree. The way she carried herself, the elegance, conveyed a quiet confidence that stirred the power she has. And the fire in her eyes.

I was enchanted.

I looked around and found I wasn't the only one; every head in the party turned towards her as she walked into the room. That's how much power she has. People fall on their knees before her.

"That's Singh, right?"

"She's so hot, man."

"I wish I could have her for a night."

"Dude, I could marry her if she looked like that."

The whispers behind me only fuel my anger, and my grip on my champagne glass tightens. How dare they talk about her like that? I'm not a violent person. I believe in resolving problems through discussion. But right now, all I want to do is punch those idiots in the face.

Fuckers.

I took a deep breath as I walked up to the Singhs to greet them before these fuckers could have a chance. I don't want to make a scene here.

"Namaste Uncle. Hy Ava." I greet Mr. Singh while giving Ava my dazzling smile, which always works.

"Hello Daksh." She said with a tight smile. Well, I guess she's immune to my smile.

"Oh, so you two are first name basic? Huh?" Mr. Singh asked with amusement in his eyes. Though he has his intimidating gaze, it always softens when he's with his family or with dad. It looks like I'll join the club too.

"Dad." She said in a warning tone, narrowing her eyes at him.

Her father laughed while I smirked at her adorable expression, saying, "Okay, you two have a chat. I have to meet some people." With that, he leaves us alone, but not before giving me a warning look. And I know why he did that; he's basically ensuring his daughter's safety, not that she needs, but I appreciate it. I gave him a pleasant nod before he turned.

"You look gorgeous as always, Ava" I said, and I saw the familiar pink shade appear over her cheeks.

"Thank you. You look good too." She clears her throat before saying.

I clutched my chest, faked a pained expression, and said, "You wounded me, Miss Singh. I thought I looked way more handsome than women couldn't take their eyes off me."

She looked around us and noticed all of them watching us with curious gazes. She looked at me, raised an eyebrow, and said, "Well, maybe they're just staring in awe of how a man can be that self-absorbed, Mr. Singhania."

Fuck. I didn't expect such a sharp tongue. But ask me if I didn't like that.

I gave her a devilish smirk and asked, "Are you staring at me in awe too, Miss Singh?"

"Only you can find a compliment in an insult, Daksh." She said, a little amused now.

I laughed when I realized she had been teasing me all along. We talk for a while, then she excuses herself to meet other people, so I make my way to the bar.

I watch her from a distance as she chats with a lady in a short bodycon dress. A man went up to them; his back is towards me, so I don't know who he is. My grip on the glass tightened when he went way too close to Ava; I could tell even from a distance that she stiffened at their proximity.

I put my glass on the table and walked up to them. As I got close enough to hear what they were talking about, my step froze.

"This is the last warning, Vivek. Try to touch me again, and I'll break your hand right in the middle of the party." Ava said in a cold tone, glaring at him. That erupts goosebumps in my body. And believe me, I never thought a voice could be that scary. I wonder how the man is doing being on the receiving end.

"Come on, Ava. You know I like you; how about we go somewhere in private?" He said in a seductive tone. Trying to touch the back of her hand.

But before he could make contact, she twisted his hand, "Don't you dare touch me again. Am I clear?"

"Y...yes please." He was wincing in pain, silently trying hard not to attract any more attention.

"There. Now get lost." She released him with a push, and he almost landed on the ground.

As if nothing had happened, Ava turned and continued her conversation with the lady, who was looking at her with her mouth open. And Vivek made a beeline to the bar, but not after giving her a death glare.

A proud smirk pulled at my lips. Damn. She's a fire.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE?" The host on the stage specked in the mic, and everybody turned towards him.

"IT'S TIME TO HIT THE DANCE FLOOR. GET YOUR PARTNER AND SHOW OFF YOUR BEST MOVEMENTS." He said and signaled the light man in the corner, and the room filled with dim lights and romantic music in the air.

I walked up to Ava, extended my hand with a charming smile, and asked, "May I have this dance?"

She looked shocked by my action, but then, after a moment, she put her hand in mine, and we made our way to the centre of the dance floor. We start dancing, swaying to the music, and looking into each other's eyes. Her eyes are mesmerizingly dark brown. As beautiful as they are, there's also a glimpse of sadness, sometimes blank. something that screams for freedom.

"I was wondering about our trip next week." I asked her as we both slowly swayed to the music.

"About?" She asked with a confused gaze at me.

"Nothing, just where we visit and such." I just want to know if she has planned something.

"The tickets are for two days. And Disneyland is quite large. I think kids won't be able to finish every ride even in two days." Her tone is cold and calm.

"So, we are not going anywhere else." No, I want to explore some nice place other than the hellhole full of crowds.

"Yes."

"But I want to take you to a place that I have found." I smirked.

"Where?" Her eyes widened in surprise.

"That would be a surprise, Ava." I whispered in her ear and smirked when the hair on her back rose at our close proximity.

I didn't realize it when the music came to a halt. Everyone's claps were enough to break the trance. A man comes beside me and asks, "Miss Avantika? Can I have this dance, please?" He's tall and good-looking, Rudra Roy. I don't know him personally, but I know enough to say he's not someone you would like to make friends with.

Ava looked at him, then at me, again giving a small nod, and said, "Sure."

I watched them from the drinks counter as they danced and chatted; though she looked uninterested, she still kept answering whatever he was asking. What the hell are they chatting about?

I watched as jealousy spiked inside my body. I don't like how he looks at her. And I certainly don't like Ava on his arm.

Right there. I decided I had had enough of watching her from afar. If I want something between us, I have to make a move. I have to show her how much I like her and have cared for her since the day I first saw her. I watched as the song finished and Ava gave him a nod, left the dance floor, and walked towards me.

I'm going to make you mine, Ava. I'm going to show you how much you mean to me.

She was about to say something as she reached me when her phone rang.

Great fucking timing.

"I have to take this. Excuse me." She said and walked a distance, and picked up. I watched her listen to whoever called, and her calm expression changed into something dark as anger followed its path to her eyes, but as soon as it was there, it disappeared. She replied to something and hung up.

I walk beside her, worried. "Everything's okay?"

"Yes. I need to go; I'll text dad later." She said in a cold voice as she typed a text, probably to her guards, gave a farewell nod, and left.

I watched her leave through the entrance, confused by her reaction.

What just happened One minute she was enjoying herself, and the next she was this cold person.

Whatever it is, I just hope everything is alright.

Daksh is a cutie, don't you think? ❤️

What has Ava heard in the call that angers her?

Let me know your thoughts in the comments, and yes, don't forget to vote for the chapter.

Hasta la vista!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49K 1.6K 39
Well read the story at ur risk and i advice you read the triger warnings first cause its a very dark one giving you a body shaking adventure and trig...
4.4K 811 10
In a world where he's never been on receiving side, she gives him everything by her love. He is hard to love, but she loves him like breathing. *** "...
38.2K 1.3K 21
Only she can make him smile. He can be summoned only by her. She's his queen & he's her king. Only he can make her fantasies come true. She can be t...
359K 33.1K 45
❛ The Dark love of Mafia's ❜ ✧ο½₯゚: *✧ο½₯゚:*✧ο½₯゚: *✧ο½₯゚:* Secrets which are hidden. Some secrets are burned and some are buried beneath their feet, some a...