The Two Introverts (Bocchi X...

Da _Adachi_

Y/N's desperate to learn guitar and really wants to join a band. But that would all change on his first day i... Altro

Karaoke Night!
New Life...
The Wise Woman
The Knight in Shining Armor
Mr. Knight
The Grind
Opposites Attract
Hidden Feelings
Love
Gift and a Curse
Loneliness
The Date!
Rehearsal
Rolling Rock
Street Performance!
Tomorrow
Small Hole
Redemption
The Two Love Birds
The Beach!
I Love You

A New Start

2.5K 57 61
Da _Adachi_

As I prepared for the first day of school, I couldn't help but feel extremely nervous. It's the first day in a completely NEW SHCOOL! I suck at making friends, like how do you join into an existing conversation? I head out the front door while waving at my mom.

"Make sure to make friends!" She calls out cheerfully.

"Yeah, yeah, I know Mom."

She's always so positive, no matter what. It would be nice if there were some musicians in my class. You see my dream is to become a guitarist, problem with that is I can't play a damn thing. I've tried teaching myself, but it never works out. And paying for lessons is just too much money. Single mothers have it rough.

If only I had a friend that could teach me...

Once I arrived at the classroom door, I clench my fists and take deep breaths.

I'll be alright, everything's gonna be fine, yeah!

This is by far the worst part of the first day of school. Entering the classroom! Everyone looks at you, first impressions are super important! I can do this.

"You can come out now." The teacher says as he opens the door.

I'm ready!

I walk into the classroom. The second my foot steps into the room, whispers begin to emerge, but I don't let it get to me.

"Umm, hello. My name is Y/N L/N, I'm sixteen years old. I like music a lot and manga. Um... I'm new here so I hope I would get along with you all!"

The class doesn't say a word, instead they look at me as if they were scanning me. I look around the classroom, one person caught my eye. It was a girl, she had red hair and yellow eyes. But most of all, she was really pretty.

"You guys hear that? Y/N is new here so make sure to get along with him well." The teacher says as he pats my back.

Wow, how nice of you Sensei! My high school life is off to a great start.

"Well, Y/N would you have a seat next to Kita?"

As soon as the teacher says that the girl with the red hair raises her hand. Her eyes beam through the whole classroom.

AHHH MY EYES! This extrovert aura is so strong! This is Kita?

"Over here Y/N!"

Before I knew it, she reels me into my seat. She smiles brightly. She's really cute, damn I wanna talk to her after class.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bell rang signaling that it was time for lunch. Suddenly Kita turns to me with a big smile.

"Hey Y/N wanna eat lunch together?"

HUHHHHH!?!?!

She's asking ME? Out of all people? No, don't get your hopes up, she's just doing this out of pity that I have no friends. And the teacher did tell the class to get along with me...

You know you might've made my situation worse Sensei.

"U-Uhh are you sure? Do you really want to eat lunch with me?"

"Yup! Why would I lie? I wanna be friends with you! You said you like music a lot, right?"

"Ohh, uhh yeah."

"Me too, I love music!"

Kita leans in and looks at me in the eyes.

"So, you going?"

"Uhh..."

How can I say no?!

"A-Alright."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As me and Kita walk to the cafeteria, I could feel the stares and whispers on us. Although Kita seems to not notice nor care. We find an empty table and sit. I don't know what to say so I just take a bite of my egg sandwich.

"Soooo what music ya like!" Kita asks, breaking the silence between us.

"Oh, anything really. But my favorite genres are rock, metal and pop punk. That kinda stuff."

Don't judge me.

"Really? I love rock too! What's your favorite bands?

"Hmm, Dashboard Confessional, Asian Kung-Fu Generation, Avenged Sevenfold, and Blink 182. That type of stuff."

"You listen to Avenged Sevenfold and Blink 182 too? That's awesome! You have good taste Y/N!"

"O-Ohh uhh... is that so? To think you would listen to Avenged Sevenfold is pretty surprising."

"Really? Why's that?"

Kita tilts her head and puts her hand on her chin, looking at me like a curious dog. How am I suppose to answer this? To think a cute girl like her would listen to AVENGED SEVENFOLD? This is a dream come true.

"W-Well... you see, you look like a girl that listens to jpop based on your sociable nature. I can't see you listening to metal."

"I mean I love jpop as well, but I'm in a band after all so of course I love rock and metal! I just love talking to people!"

Wait wait wait wait, did she say she's in a BAND?!

What are the odds of me finding a musician in my class? And not to mention a girl that's my type too!

"You... you're in a band?! What instrument do you play?"

I quickly stand up and lean in towards her. She seems a little startled, but smiles cheerfully.

"I'm a guitarist in the band called Kessoku Band. Do you play an instrument? You in a band too?"

My gaze looks away from her as I give a deep sigh.

"Well... you see... I have a guitar. But the truth is I can't play at all, like I'm really bad. I've always wanted to be in a band, so I find it pretty cool that you're in a band... Can I ask you a question?"

"Aw, it's okay to suck. But sure, what's up?"

What am I saying? She won't teach me. We just met... but this is probably going to be my only chance to learn guitar from someone. And I want to be part of a band too... maybe this could be the start of something between me and her. All I have to do is ask, but what if she says no? I would lose a friend I just made.

Enough overthinking! Just do it!

"Kita, can you teach me how to play guitar. My dream is to become a professional guitarist and be a part of a band. And to find out you play too and are in a band is awesome. If you don't want to, I understand, you only met me, so it makes sense. I just want a friend that has that loves the same things I love."

Wow, I actually said it. Why am I saying all this to her? She's just gonna think I'm weird. Forgive me.

"Y/N, do you want to be a part of our band?"

"W-What?"

"I was in your position not too long ago. I didn't know how to play guitar, so I ended up running away from Kessoku Band. I really only joined because I wanted to get closer with my senpai.

I like her you see... But then I realized something, they didn't care that I couldn't play, they weren't mad I ran away, they still accepted me, they teached me and let me be a part of their band.

I'm really grateful for that, so that's why I asked if you wanted to be a part of our band, because you were just like me. I wooould teach you... but I'm not that good myself, but I have a friend in the band that'll certainly teach you. She's super amazing!"

"Wait wait wait, so I can just join even though I can't play? Your friend could teach me?"

"Of course! Her name's Gotoh-san. The band calls her Bocchi. She's amazing at guitar! She'll make you a guitar pro! Just come with me afterschool, I'll introduce you to them!"

Is this really happening right now? My dream is actually a work in progress now? I'm so happy. My eyes get watery as I start sniffing. Kita notices this and smiles sweetly.

"Aww, it's ok, there there."

She pats me on my back.

"Ahh uhh sorry, I'm just really happy."

"Glad I made your day! Just come with me after class."

"Ok!"

Lunch ended shortly after that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometime after lunch I walk into the bathroom stall and sit there for a minute.

I CRIED IN FRONT OF A GIRL!

Dammit, how did my emotions get the best of me? She BETTER not tell anyone! She's a nice girl so she might not, she's so pretty too. My face gets red thinking about it. But she likes another girl so that's a no go then...

No! I won't give up that easily!

I wonder who this Bocchi person is like? Imagine if she was a massive introvert. That would be hilarious.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Class felt like the longest thing ever today. Once the bell finally rang, I shot up from my desk. I assume Kita notices this cuz she started laughing.

"Someone's excited."

"Ahh, hehe, yeah. Oh shoot! I'm sorry I have to head to my house to get my guitar."

"No no that's totally fine! I expected that anyway."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kita waited for me as I ran into my house for my guitar. A minute later I come running out with it.

"Where's your case?"

"I uhhh, don't have one. I never thought I would be bringing it around with me outside..."

"I... see."

Kita tries to smile but it was obvious she was doing it out of pity. It's understandable.

"Lead the way!"

"On it!" Kita says determinedly.

Finally... FINALLY, I'm joining a band. Wait! Based on how she said it, am I going to be the only dude in the band? She and Bocchi are guitarists, surely the drummer and bassist are boys, but why do I have a feeling that won't be the case, I don't know what to think of that. That means I'll have plenty of girls to choose from hehe. I smirk at that remark. NO NO NO what am I thinking?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Here we are!"

"So, this is the place."

"This is where we usually meet up here."

I walk down the stairs to the entrance. There was a Starry sign by the door. My heart starts to race.

The second I walk in they're gonna notice me.

I mean yeah duh, but still! Meeting people for the first time is the hardest thing for me. What if I leave off a bad impression? God just stop thinking about it!

"Nervous?" Kita asks me.

"Oh, yeah, a little. This is actually happening."

"That's ok, just deep breaths. They'll love you!"

Kita opens the door. It was time. I clench my fists and walk in.

I got this!

"Look who I have brought guys!"

As I walk in, I take in the scenery. Smaller than I expected but brings a chill vibe to it.

"Huh? A Boy!"

I look to see where the sound came from, in the far distance there was a girl with yellow hair in a ponytail and had vermilion eyes sitting at a table.

"I never knew you had a boyfriend."

Across from her was another girl with short blue hair and yellow eyes, but what was most noticeable was her unisex look. She's a girl, right?

I really am the only dude here.

"No no guys, it's not like that! He's a friend from my school that wants to join our band."

Hehehe, friends.

"Really? A new band member?"

The two girls stand up and walk towards us.

Why are all these girls so cute?

"I'm Nijika and this is Ryo, she's not as scary as she looks. Just don't buy her anything."

"It's a struggle living off of weeds." Ryo frowns.

Huh?

What an odd person, but she seems cool. She looks like somebody you don't have to put much of an effort into talking to.

'I'm Y/N L/N. It's a pleasure to meet you all! I hope we get along well!"

I bow down quickly. Nijika scratches the back of her head awkwardly.

"I mean we don't exactly need another member, but I'm not gonna turn you down! I'm happy you want to join us. What instrument do you play?"

"Well... I don't know how to play anything, but my dream is to be a guitarist so I was hoping your guitarist Bocchi could teach me!"

Nijika smiles.

"Ohh, I see I see. Yeah, she can teach you. She's been teaching Kita too. Just keep in mind she can get pretty "nervous" here and there so please be patient with her."

"Really?... ok."

What the hell does she mean by that? Shyness? Wait a second, where is Bocchi?

"Where is she? Or is she always the last one here?"

"She lives a little far from here, so it takes a bit for her. Sorry about that."

Nijika laughs awkwardly.

"No no no you don't need to apologize! I was just curious."

"S-Sorry, I'm late..."

I quickly turned to see where the sound came from. It was a girl with long pink hair and blue eyes. But what was most noticeable was her pink tracksuit.

This is Bocchi? Interesting, she does look like an introvert.

"Oh Bocchi-chan! You're not late."

"You took so long we thought you died."

"Ryo!"

Nijika lightly smacks Ryo's head causing me to chuckle. Bocchi notices that I was here and froze like If she saw a ghost.

"Guess who I found at school Gotoh-san? Our new band member!"

"W-Wh-What?"

It felt like this was my time to introduce myself, so I proceeded to do so.

"My name is Y/N L/N, I hope you get along with me well. You see uhh, I can't play guitar, so I hope you teach me well!"

"T-T-T-TEACH YOU?! TEACH YOU TOO?!"

Bocchi falls to the ground and curls into a ball. What the hell did I just do?

"Gotoh-san! I'm sorry! I thought you would teach him. His dream is to be a guitarist and he's had nobody to teach him, so I thought he should join our band."

Kita had puppy eyes as if she was about to cry.

"I... I'll teach him..." Bocchi says as she puts her head on her knees.

"Really? Awesome! I love you!"

Kita hugs Bocchi tightly.

"O-Ow, you're crushing me."

"Sorry sorry!"

WHAT THE HELL KITA?! Now I feel like she's teaching me only because she can't say no. She seems like a super shy girl too, I feel bad now...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After getting to know the band a little more we all head our separate ways. Starting tomorrow Bocchi will teach me. It turns out we attend the same school too. How haven't I noticed her?

As I leave Starry, moments later I notice Bocchi on her way home. She had her guitar case on her back while looking towards the ground.

"Hey, Bocchi!"

I give a friendly wave, but she jolts and quickly turns around.

"O-Ohh, Y/N."

"I just wanted to say I'm really sorry about earlier. Kita-san said you would teach me, but you looked really uncomfortable about it and I kinda just showed up out of nowhere. If you don't want to it's ok, I completely understand."

"N-No no no It's fine. Kita-san said... your dream was to be a guitarist, right? It's my dream too, I know how it's like to be alone and to have nobody to help you with something. That's why I want to teach you... since you were just like me."

Bocchi blushes and looks away from me. How cute.

"Wow... I didn't expect that. I'm happy that you want to teach me, I just didn't want to force you."

"I-I've already been teaching KIta-san so I'm somewhat used to it. I just didn't expect a new band member..."

"Oh..."

"I don't mean it in a bad way! I-It's pretty cool actually! Sorry... I'm not good at this."

She raises her hands in defense

"You don't need to apologize. I get it. Talking to new people is tough. I struggle with that too."

"You do? You're introverted like me too?!"

She looks at me in the eyes for the first time. Her eyes glowed like a little kid getting a present on Christmas.

"Well, yeah, I'm introverted. When I was younger it was way worse. I spend my time indoors a lot. I have the average social skills but when it comes to new people I struggle. But yeah, I know your struggles."

Bocchi smiles.

"Finally, someone gets it. Please don't think of me weirdly for how I act."

This is the first time today I've seen her this happy.

"I won't. You aren't that weird anyway."

"I-Is that so..."

"So... what you know about Kita?"

An evil grin comes to my face.

"K-Kita-san? Uhhh..."

She froze and thinks to herself for a long moment, her eyes darting everywhere.

"W-W-W-What do you mean by that?"

Oh crap! That kinda sounded a little creepy.

"U-Uhh you know. How is she as a person?"

Bocchi relaxes slightly after that.

"She's really extroverted. And u-uh..."

Ah okay. That's all I need to know.

Her reponse makes me burst out laughing. She looks at me with eyes of concern like she did something wrong.

"W-What's so funny?"

"Just the way you described her I found funny."

Her ears perk up by my response.

"R-Really? I was f-funny?"

"I mean yeah, I found it funny."

"I see..."

Bocchi looks towards the ground avoiding my gaze. Did I make things awkward? I should just call it a night.

"W-Well it's getting late, I need to get home in time for dinner. See you tomorrow Bocchi-chan!"

"Y-Yeah, see you tomorrow."

I quickly jog my way home, not looking back. She's an interesting girl. I wonder how school must be like for her. So far, my new school life seems to be off to a great start. I'm even in a band. I wanna get closer to Kita. Maybe something might happen between us since we're in a band now... only time will tell.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

8.8K 635 28
Y/N wants to be a mangaka but doesn't believe it's realistically possible. He's in love with his close friend, Hino Suzuki. He bumps into Kita and fi...
94.5K 2.9K 30
In which (Y/N) experiences unrequited love, yet doesn't let go of the boy who stole the heart that's hers, Until, she finds another [Sugawara Kōshi...
871 67 7
Rowan Sukan, having recently moved from the northern regions to the heart of Japan, is in uncharted territory. Many would cry over losing their frien...
8.9K 277 5
There is a border between "socially inept" and "socially awkward," and then there's (Y/N). However, that doesn't mean that there aren't people exactl...