Small Hole

Well... today's the day.

"How are you guys feeling?" Nijika asks us.

We arrive at Starry several hours before we're suppose to perform since we have to help set things up.

"I'm so excited!" Kita shouts.

"I feel okay."

"I-I'm ready!" Bocchi says.

"I feel normal." Ryo says.

"That's great! We gotta have positive mindsets."

"Knight-kun, it's time for you to show off your awesomeness." Ryo gives a thumbs up.

"Uhhhh I wouldn't call it that. Everyone's going to cheer for Kita-san anyway."

Ryo shakes her head.

"That's not true. Usually, vocalists in bands get the most love and fame. It makes sense since they're the face of the band. So, you better not do bad."

"Ah well uh... thanks for the advice I guess?"

Nijika gives an awkward laugh.

"Well, that is kinda true. You and Kita-chan are the ones singing so the eyes are gonna be on you the most."

Eyes on me huh?

"Welp, let's get back to preparing guys!" Nijika declares.

For the next few hours, we help set things up and do one quick rehearsal. After that, we head to a backstage room until we're called up.

Knowing other bands are performing right now makes me nervous.

"Y/N-kun, are you ready?" Bocchi asks me.

"Yeah, I'm feeling ready. What about you?"

"I feel okay... I-I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

"Hehe okay. Thanks for checking in on me!"

Bocchi quickly nods. Ryo notices this, she sits next to me, pats my back, and whispers into my ear.

"I see the way you look in her eyes."

"Shut up-"

"It all makes sense now."

"Huh? What do you mean."

"I understand how people are when they're in love. It all makes sense now. When you're in love with someone life is way more colorful. You're way more happy."

I see. So Ryo must have fallen for Kita. Glad that they both love each other now. They must be very happy together.

Must be nice...

The rest of the band was having conversations giving me and Ryo a little privacy to talk without anyone else hearing. Ryo looks at me in the eyes.

"Knight-kun do you not realize it? Bocchi-chan loves you."

"... You... don't know that..."

"Knight-kun, Bocchi-chan is head over heels for you. If you kiss her right now, she will not resist at all. She would be like "Do what you want with me Y/N-kun, I'm all yours"."

"Ok, you don't need to say all that!"

She giggles.

"Well, all I'm going to say is if you don't shoot your shot, you might never get that chance again."

"... Yeah you're right."

After another band finishes playing, we start getting all of our equipment ready since we will be up soon. I could feel my heart beating faster.