The Wise Woman

11:42 PM 47%

Damn, it's getting quite late. I should head to bed, but I don't feel tired at all. I told my mom I haven't been feeling well so I haven't been going to school for the past few days. Kita's been messaging me if I've been okay. But I'm too scared to reply.

Nobody can know. As I look out the window admiring the starry night the thought of a stroll down the street creeps into my mind.

You know what why not? It is nice out anyway.

I quietly sneak out the house and go for a walk down the street. Man, I should do this more often. Nobody can disturb me. But... out of nowhere, in the far distance appeared to be a woman looking as if she was about to fall. She wore a green dress and a baseball jacket.

Wait a second! Is that a guitar case on her back?

She notices me but suddenly falls to the ground.

"Help... me..." The woman says while being out of breath.

Holy crap, is she dying? I run full speed towards her.

"Are you okay? Do you need me to call the police?"

"No... I need... hangover medicine."

Ah...

I back up slowly. If she's just drunk I shouldn't really interfere. She shouldn't have done this in the first place. She's just a drunk lady on the streets. But... she has an instrument. She probably has talent, I can't just let her end up on the streets.

She grabs my leg.

"Don't go..."

Great. I wanted to go for a nice walk but I now have a drunk lady grabbing onto my leg not wanting me to leave.

"Hold on I'll be right back I promise!"

"Just... be quick."

My mom might still have some medication from when Dad used to drink. I quietly look all over the kitchen.

Yes! Ok here's some.

A few minutes later she was still surprisingly there, waiting for me. I hand her the medicine and some water.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ah, I feel so much better! Can you get me a drink with some alcohol in it!"

"What? No! You're already super drunk!"

I'm underaged anyway!

"Man, you're no fun!" She says while frowning.

There was a moment of silence between us. If I leave her she might end up on the floor again so it's best to keep an eye on her for now.

"Ya look quite young there, whatcha doing out here at this time? You kids needa goodnight rest for skool!"

"Oh, uh I couldn't sleep so I decided to go for a walk but then I found you. I see you have a guitar case."

"Ehehehe, that's my bass! I'm the bassist in the band SICK HACK."

"Y-You're in a band too! That's awesome! I-I'm the guitarist in the band called Kessoku Band. Or well I'm the new member."

Kikuri's eyes widen.

"Kessoku Band? You're in the same band as Bocchi-chan!"

"Wait wait wait, you know Bocchi-chan?"

To think a random drunk lady I found in the streets so happens to be in a band as well and knows my band too is insane.