His Queen

By miss__imperfection_

Every king needs a queen. For Damien Knight, the options are endless. But among all the beauties in the world... More

1. A New Beginning
2. Bittersweet
3. King of All Kings
4. Mates
5. An Unexpected Guest
6. The Pledge
7. Life and Death
8. Broken Barriers
9. Back to Hell?
10. Until Now
11. Greetings
12. Kings and Feelings
13. Wants and Needs
14. Addiction
15. Princess
16. Twisted Reality
17. Family
18. Bloody Vampires
19. Sweet Revenge
20. Paradise
21. Winning Hearts
22. Wishes and Desires
23. Soulmates
24. Allegations
25. His Majesty
26. It's You
27. Queen of My Heart
28. Strength, not Weakness
29. Falling
30. She's mine

31. That's Love

2.5K 77 27
By miss__imperfection_

Aliya's POV

The moment Damien started to kiss me, a new feeling was born within me. His lips parted mine, demanding entrance. I didn't waste a second more giving him exactly what he needed.

Eyes still closed, I cupped his face to bring him closer. If it weren't for Damien carrying me with my legs wrapped around him, I wouldn't have so much power that our now equal height allowed me to have.

My other arm wrapped around his neck, nails digging in his shoulder. His shirt wrinkling under my desperate grasp. The cool air hitting my thighs confirmed that my dress was in a similar condition. It had risen up to rest around my hips now, where Damien's hand firmly held me up.

Our clothes were now an unwanted barrier between us.

My fingers snaked down to find the button of his shirt.

As if the action set off an alarm in his head, Damien stopped kissing me.

I finally opened my eyes and looked at him, displaying my sudden dismay at his absence.

My desire for him shown fiercely in my eyes.

"Wait," he breathed out, like he was trying to recover from the kiss himself.

Even his voice sounded so sexy. I was carried away by how hot he sounded that I barely made out the words he was saying.

"I need you to understand. Once we do this, there's no going back. I need you to be sure."

His forehead rested against mine.

"What do you mean there's no going back?" I frowned in confusion. Searching his eyes for answers.

Damien released me from his embrace, putting me back on my feet and taking a step back.

My body instantly protested, wanting to be back in his arms. It took a few seconds for me to compose myself.

How dare he leave me with such need running through my veins?

Why is it that every time we are so close he decides to take a step back?

"You have to know what you're getting yourself into," Damien's eyes held regret, "if we have sex we'll be completing the mating process. The process consists of two steps. The first is to exchange blood which we've already done, I've fed from you multiple times and then given you my blood to heal. The next step would be having sex which will bind us to each other forever."

Oh.

My mind went blank for a second.

That was not what I expected to hear at all.

The mating process.

What would happen if we complete it?

"You'll be bound to me forever, until one of us dies." He answered my unasked question.

His voice gave away his concern. There was a hint of sadness hidden behind his words.

Bound to him for eternity.

That would mean I wouldn't be his just for tonight; but forever. I half expected the thought to scare me, but it had the opposite effect. Maybe because Damien had proved to me that it was better having him in my life than not. He's proved to me that he would travel great distance just to find my happiness. There wasn't a person he wouldn't fight for my sake.

He wasn't the Damien I knew before I left.

Hell, he let me go after knowing it would weaken his vampire side, or might even kill it.

No, he wasn't the Damien who made decisions for me and held me captive against my will.

This Damien respected me; and above all, he respected my choices.

And respect was stronger than any love.

It was a wonder how he hadn't forced himself upon me knowing he can't last without his mate.

Because he truly loved me.

His eyes shifted to mine, impatiently waiting for my response. I could swear he was holding his breath at this point.

I wanted to squeeze his cheeks because of how cute he looked. But instead, I decided to end his misery.

"Doesn't sound like a bad idea." I confessed, trying not to smile too hard.

Damien laughed, "careful what you wish for, princess."

"What?" I pouted, "you don't think so?"

Damien held my face between his hands, "if it was up to me, I would strap you to me and carry you everywhere I go, even the restroom."

"You wouldn't," my eyes widened with disgust written all over my face.

"I would," he said sternly, before he got lost in thoughts for a few seconds, "imagine us showering together."

Oh, those thoughts.

"On a serious note, are you sure you want to be stuck with me for the rest of your life?"

Now that he said it again, it made another question come to my mind.

What would happen when I age with time and my human years start to vanish?

Meanwhile, he will always be young and forced to mourn me after my death.

I shook my head to clear the negativity.

We will think about that when the time comes.

I was only nineteen and he was still a few years older than me.

So I shouldn't be worrying about that right now.

My only focus should be being with him for as long as I can. Make up for these past six months for when we were apart.

Two souls, apart but never distant.

Fates had a twisted way of always keeping us close but just far enough. I lived under this castle for years, right under his nose. In his kingdom against my will. But never meeting, never seeing him. Always feeling his powerful presence, always hearing the rumors through hushed whispers and listening to the cruel stories of the king. The Vampire King.

All against my will.

But today, I had a choice.

"I only want to be with you for the rest of my life," I took a step closer towards him, "because without you, I'm just flesh and blood without a soul."

I told him how deeply I felt towards him and what he meant to me.

Damien pushed a strand of my hair behind my ear, "you are my soul. I am lost without you. I hope you know how much it destroyed me when you left."

"I'm sorry," I could barely talk with the guilt building up in the back of my throat.

"Please don't leave me again, I don't think I can go through that again."

The loneliness in his voice broke my heart into a million pieces. Upon hearing his crushing tone I immediately knew it was a feeling I never wanted radiating from him again.

"Never," I whispered against his lips, hands playing with the bottom of his silky soft hair.

Tonight we had spoken about our feelings and still it felt like there was so many things left unsaid. Words couldn't describe what he meant to me in such a short span of time. The finest artists couldn't capture the true feelings of that moment on a canvas. A photograph couldn't do justice to how perfectly our bodies blended together. 

I wanted nothing more than the memory of tonight to last forever in my mind.

A light breeze entered through the window and danced around our feet, before it became complete silent. The midnight air gone still.

As if the universe was anticipating our next move.

I tip toed and placed my lips on Damien's soft ones again. The loud thudding of my heart broke the silence surrounding us.

This kiss was different.

I could feel it.

As if all barriers between us have been broken and we finally accepted each other.

With all the flaws and imperfections.

There wasn't a single line of worry on our faces anymore.

The fear of losing replaced by excitement, years worth of pain slowly fading. Forgiving each other and forgiving ourselves; healing each other through longing kisses and loving embraces.

We have both lost so much. But we found each other, and that is what mattered the most.

We didn't have to make up for the lost time, just make sure that the coming time isn't lost. And I wanted to spend every second showing him the kind of love and care that he deserved.

A love without any expectations or boundaries.

A love without any limits. A love that only knows how to give and never take.

I poured my thoughts, my feelings, and my heart out to him through that kiss. Suddenly, I tasted something salty. My eyes shot open as I realized it was his tear.

A single tear that left a trail from his eye down to his perfect lips.

"Damien?" I called his name softly to make sure he was okay.

What made him so emotional?

Did he read my thoughts again?

His golden eyes were stealing my attention and holding me captive, "I can feel your emotions. And I still can't wrap my head around how you can love me so much."

What he said made me reach out and hug him close to me.

He was having a hard time believing that someone could love him this much. As if he didn't believe himself to be deserving of such an emotion.

As if he had lost all hopes to find love and to be loved decades ago.

How do I explain to him that he too was capable of love?

I couldn't explain.

So I showed him instead.

I placed soft kisses on his right cheek, on his eye that was still a bit wet from the tears, before moving to his forehead. I brought his face down so I could kiss his forehead, then kissing his nose, and then finally his lips.

"You better believe it, Damien Knight. Because there isn't a single person on this planet who deserves my love more than you."

As soon as I finished the sentence, Damien reached down to scoop me up in his arms. I gasped at his sudden move, arms wrapping around his neck to support myself.

Even though he picked me up like this a few times before, that didn't stop the blush that instantly appeared on my cheeks.

Gone was the bold Aliya who just confessed her love to the king, the new state making me feel more vulnerable.

"And you better believe it, Aliya Aster. I'm going to make so much love to you tonight that there won't be a single night where you don't remember our first time together."

If my face was the lightest shade of pink before, it was full on red by now.

"Not a single part of your body I won't kiss tonight." He promised.

It was tough to keep the exciting sensation I felt through my core completely hidden.

Damien held my eyes as he walked closer to the bed, looking at me like I was the most precious of stones.

When he neared the edge of his enormous bed, he lowered me down onto the plush mattress gently. He was bent down in the process bringing his face extremely close to mine, but not touching. One of his hands was cradling the back of my head as he lowered me further into the soft pillows.

Once he assured that my back was well supported, he left me for a brief second only to take my heels off.

Such a relief it was to finally have those things off my feet, he could be so thoughtful sometimes that it made me wonder how he noticed the smallest of my discomforts.

He massaged my feet gently, his thumb pressing on my skin to relieve some of the stiffness that resulted from being on the dance floor for so long.

"That feels much better, thanks," I reached out to grab his hand, bending my knees to bring my feet closer to my body.

I felt bad that he was giving me such a relaxing massage and I wasn't.

"My turn," I sat on my knees and moved aside to give him space to lay on the bed, "here, lay down. I'll show you some tricks I learned from Esther."

"I don't need a massage, I'm a vampire remember?"

I rolled my eyes. Being a vampire didn't mean his muscles were never sore or stiff? He just never liked to admit any signs of weakness.

"On second thoughts, sounds like the perfect opportunity to feel your hands all over me," his face showed realization like a light bulb went on in his mind.

"That's what I was thinking. How dare you rob me of that opportunity, my king." My lips formed a thin line.

"Wait," I stopped him when he was about to lie down, "your shirt will get in the way."

Without thinking too much about it, I reached up and started to unbutton his shirt. We were both on our knees, facing each other with a few inches between us. My hands moved down to the second button, then the third. As I focused on the task, I could feel Damien's eyes on me, watching me closely. Taking me in.

Just as I was taking him in.

When I reached the bottom of his shirt, the material pulled apart to reveal his perfectly toned body and stacked muscles. His six pack abs peaking at me through the shirt.

My breath got caught in my throat.

My hands grabbed the top of his shirt to push it away from his chest, lightly tracing his skin intentionally as I neared his shoulder blades.

When does he get the time to work out?

Does he even have to work out or are all vampires naturally built?

I finally looked up at him and caught him giving me a smug look.

He enjoyed watching me devour his good looks a little too much.

When the shirt was off his body, I pushed him down on the bed to lay on his stomach. He grabbed a pillow and rested his head on it, hugging it close with his arm.

Back in the human world, Esther would massage me sometimes because she used to work at a spa. I was grateful for her techniques especially after a long working week.

But she used to give one standing up.

As I looked down at Damien's naked back, there was no way I wasn't going to take a little advantage of this situation.

So before I could change my mind, I decided to stretch one of my legs over his torso and sat down on his lower back. I kept a hand on him to steady myself the whole time.

He moaned unexpectedly, "mmm I like this already."

"Of course you do."

It was all the assurance I needed to keep going. So I started to move my hands and rubbed circles between his shoulders. Slowly and firmly.

I worked down to the middle of his back, feeling his muscles relax under my touch.

He sighed into the pillow as I massaged him. His tanned skin was cold to the touch, like it always was. I tried to leave some of my warmth behind through my palms.

He let out another sound of satisfaction.

But this time it turned me on more than it should have. I adjusted myself on his back to sit properly, but I stopped moving when I suddenly felt a slight wetness at my center.

I quickly did some calculations in my head, my period wasn't supposed to come anything soon.

That could only mean one thing...

Damien let out a groan, shifting impatiently under me. He protested to get up so I moved off of him.

Confusion filled me. I thought he was enjoying the massage?

He pulled me towards him by grabbing onto my waist. He then threw me onto the bed, switching our positions so I was now under him. My back hit the bed, head landing on the pillow with him towering over me. His arm was resting next to my body, the veins under his skin visible as his muscles held up his weight.

It all happened so fast that I could barely register what he was doing.

When I was able to catch my breath, he knocked it out yet again as he crushed his lips onto mine.

I welcomed the kiss.

Because at this point, I didn't need air or oxygen to survive. I needed him.

I needed him to keep me alive and to keep pouring all the emotions that he was sending through my body right now.

His emotions mixed with mine to the point where I didn't know who was feeling what.

His hunger, his need battling with mine to see whose was stronger.

I think we both knew it would be a never ending battle.

He needed me just as much I needed him.

I kissed him deeper, our tongues collided and danced together in sync. Wrapping my arms around him, I made it impossible for him to maintain a safe distance between us so he doesn't crush me. I didn't care if he suffocated me. I just wanted to feel his weight on me.

Damien got the hint and lowered himself down further, our chests rising and falling together with harsh breaths.

We had to break the kiss to catch some much needed air, but he didn't stop there. His mouth left mine but never left my skin, he continued to kiss down my neck and suck on the same spots he did earlier.

The type of kisses that made my toes curl and throw my head back.

They felt even better in this position, with him dominating me like never before.

All his actions so far had been hesitant with me, as if he was afraid I will regret it later or hate him for it. But tonight, he seemed to have let go of that last thread of control over his body.

The way he was touching me and tasting me, as if I was his to take.

His to do whatever he wanted with me.

It made me wrap my leg around his waist tighter.

His hand roughly pulled at the strap of my dress, pushing it down my arm. In doing so, his lips never left my body as his kisses moved further down my shoulder. He gently bit on the spot between my collar bone and shoulder.

The contact of his teeth with my bare skin sent shivers down my spine.

Damien came up to place a quick peck on my lips before giving the same treatment to my other shoulder.

Now both of my straps were down and I helped him take the rest of the dress off. He threw the dress on the floor besides the bed and closed the distance between us again.

He paused for a second as he looked down at me laying under him.

I suddenly became self conscious, my mind running over every detail of my body right now.

My hair was probably a mess from him running his hand through it. My makeup was probably starting to fade away due to all the kissing and making out with him.

I was so busy self evaluating that I almost didn't hear when he whispered the least expected thing.

"How are you so fucking gorgeous?"

I shook my head and almost laughed at him, "far from it. Especially right now."

"What if I tell you you've never looked more like an angel than you do right at this moment?" He smiled, his eyes still drinking me.

"Then I would say you need two pairs of glasses."

Which made me notice he wasn't wearing his glasses anymore, he must've put them to the side during the massage.

"My beautiful angel," his words sent butterflies through my stomach.

"You're the angel. Hey, how come you get the breathtaking wings and the special powers and everything else in between? Not fair."

He chuckled, "after tonight, it's ours. Everything of mine is yours."

He leaned down to seal his promise with a kiss.

"I'm yours," he concluded against my lips.

But he didn't kiss me for long, because his mind or rather his hands were elsewhere. His fingers reached behind me to find the clasp of my bra and released it at once. As it came undone, he slowly took it off me. As soon as the fabric was off my chest, the cool air hit my nipples making them hard instantly.

Damien didn't waste another second to take one of them in his mouth, softly sucking on my left boob.

"Damien," I couldn't control the moan that escaped from my lips, along with his name.

Meanwhile, his thumb ran over my other nipple before giving my boob a squeeze.

The tricks he was playing with me turned me into a breathless mess under him.

My fingers buried in his hair, keeping him in place.

He moved his mouth to the other boob where his hand had been, kissing and running his tongue over it swiftly.

I couldn't take it anymore.

My hands pulled him up so I could taste him, I needed to taste him. As soon as his mouth was on mine, I pulled on his lower lip with my teeth which earned me a frustrated groan from him.

My small action made him grind his hips against me. A gasp escaped me as I felt his hard length against my core, notifying me of his readiness.

I realized his pants were still in the way, so I reached down to unbuckle them. Damien caught on what I was trying to do, so he retrieved himself and helped me take his pants off.

Now we were both in undies.

I expected him to fall back in the same position but he situated himself behind me, laying down on the bed. I faced away from him with my back now touching his carved front.

His arm made its way under me and he pulled me back against him, by grabbing onto the side of my hips. His right hand then pushed my legs apart just a little to give him what he wanted.

Access.

His thumb pulled the thin material of my panties aside and his fingers touched the most sensitive part of me.

My body immediately tensed up at the coldness but then slowly relaxed against him as he placed soft kisses on my ear. His hand never left its spot at my center, in fact, he started to circle his fingers around it ever to gently.

I melted in his arms as he continued to toy with me.

A soft moan escaped my lips unwillingly as I felt pleasure building up in my core. Damien pressed his fingers together, applying more pressure to the spot which almost sent me over the edge. He was rewarded with more moans as he picked up the pace and started to rub my clit with a perfect rhythm.

His breath tickled my ear and he bit down gently on my earlobe from behind me.

Never missing a beat or wavering from his mission.

The arm that was under me wrapped around me as he took a hold of one of my boobs and started to massage that too.

When I closed my eyes, I was in heaven.

It was too much.

All I could feel was his hands on my body, one feeling up and down my chest while the other continued to assault me in the most demanding way.

As if he couldn't get enough of me.

"I can't wait to hear you cum, princess."

His sexy voice filled my ear and it was just what I needed to feel that pressure start to build up in my stomach.

My shallow breaths filled the room as I started to climb higher and higher.

"Give me what I want. Cum for me."

He just had to say it and I obeyed.

The pace he was doing me with hit just right. Right on the spot.

I ended up moaning loudly as waves of pleasure crashed over me and I finally fell over the edge.

But he was there to catch me in his arms as my body gave up.

My body was halfway between laying flat on my stomach and being on my side, with my knee digging into the mattress as I closed my legs to keep the after feeling from dissolving.

"That felt..." no words to describe it.

I felt like I was still falling as he whispered something in my ear which I couldn't comprehend.

It sounded muffled. And before I could ask him what he said, he pushed himself up and placed an arm under my hips to bring them up.

He was behind me as I lay there facing down but hips almost in the air.

It took a second for me to realize that we were in doggy.

Warmth instant crept up my face.

Damien pushed himself forward to let me know just how hard he was, "this is what you do to me."

Just as he did that, I pushed back to grind against him wanting to feel more of his thickness. Although our clothing prevented the real contact, feeling him like this was another major turn on. It only added more fuel to the fire burning in my body.

"I suggest you stop moving your ass on my dick if you don't want me to fuck you right here, right now." Even though he was warning me, he gave my ass a squeeze before lowering my upper back further down.

For some reason, that sounded so hot. And I wanted him to do exactly what he said.

"Fuck," he grunted, "not like this. It's your first time."

"But-" I protested but he stopped me, pulling me up to face him.

"Just for tonight, let me be gentle with you," he cupped my face, "let me make love to you."

I nodded. Could he be any sweeter?

Noticing my expression, he added, "and if you still want me to fuck your brains out tomorrow then your wish is my command."

Thrill overtook me.

He lowered me down onto the bed, this time on my back. His hand reached down to grab the hem of my panties and pulled them down in a swift motion, leaving me vulnerable under him.

Now it was his turn, I thought.

I didn't know what to expect whenever my mind would try to picture him in my head. He was definitely not your average size. Not that I would know what average looks like, I just wouldn't imagine it to be this.

The desire to touch him overpowered my senses and I reached up to take him in my hand slowly. My fingers wrapped around his length, incredibly smaller compared to how thick he was.

"Dammit," Damien rested his hand on the bed, to keep himself steady.

His lust filled eyes looked down to watch me play with him, biting his lips as if trying to hold back his moan.

I scowled.

I wanted to hear his sexy noises.

My fingers started to stroke the entirety of his hardness, occasionally going faster and then slowing down. I kept a small amount of pressure on it, not to the point where I was squeezing him.

I only hoped that I was doing this right.

When he finally let out a moan I knew I didn't completely suck at it. Pleasure was written on his face as his golden eyes bored into mine, begging. I liked having this sense of control over him.

"Aliya- I..."

There was a slight wetness on his tip now, and I wanted to keep going but he stopped me. He grabbed my hand which was still wrapped around him.

Damien lowered himself down on top of me, positioning himself right at my entrance. I felt just the tip of him make contact with my skin and I already felt like I was going to faint from anticipation.

But he didn't keep me waiting, he pushed himself inside of me taking a deep breath in. His eyes watched me for any sign of pain or discomfort.

"Tell me if it's unbearable, okay?"

I nodded against the slight pain I was feeling. It was a very weird feeling, as though my insides were being stretched out.

I cried out as he went a bit deeper and he immediately froze. My arms were wrapped around him keeping him in place.

I was expecting it to hurt since it was my first time so I was prepared for it, but the kind of pain I was feeling was so foreign that I didn't know how to deal with it.

Damien urged me to take deep breaths and I followed his actions. He asked if he should stop when he noticed my teary eyes but I told him no.

This will only last a while, I told myself to be stronger.

If there was anyone I could ever trust with myself, it was him.

I knew he wouldn't let anything bad happen to me. So I felt safe, and that was what pushed me to urge him further.

After a few more strokes, and Damien's hushed whispers in my ear telling me it's okay, I finally started to feel okay.

He got me through it.

When he saw that I was doing better, he picked up the pace while still being cautious. I wrapped my leg around him and urged him closer.

No matter how many times I may have secretly thought of this moment, nothing could come close to the actual sex.

It wasn't just sex.

It was the union of our bodies that brought us closer than ever. It connected our souls together in a way that was indescribable.

As Damien thrusted himself in and out of me, his mouth found mine again and he hungrily kissed me like I was the very last meal of his. I kissed him back with just as much intimacy.

I wanted all of him. I needed all of him.

He filled me up perfectly, hitting the spots that I didn't know existed until now. My wetness allowed him to swiftly enter me again and again as he started to fuck me.

The sound of my moans mixed with his groans surrounded the room, and possibly the entire wing of the castle.

I could only imagine what the other vampires were thinking.

The vampire king making love to his mate.

A drunken smile formed on my lips as Damien buried his face in my hair, holding the back of my neck.

Who needed alcohol when I could get drunk off of him?

I was trying to keep my voice down, secretly cussing out vampire hearing. But a scream erupted me when Damien went even faster and bit my neck suggestively. Panic settled in at the possibility of him biting me. But as pleasure started to build deep inside of me, the anxiety I felt towards his bite turned into a craving.

Now I craved for him. For him to bite me.

"Damien," my voice barely above a whisper, "drink from me."

I didn't know what came over me. I might end up regretting ever giving him that permission, but I just needed him to bite me.

He pushed my hair back and I felt his canines digging into my flesh as he bit me without a second thought.

Much to my surprise, there was no pain.

The pain that always accompanied his bites disappeared overnight. Replaced by an unknown feeling.

The unknown slowly stared to turn into enjoyment.

I was starting to enjoy him feeding from me.

Damien drank slowly, only taking a small amount of my blood. But as soon as my blood hit his tongue, he came inside me with a deep, shaky thrust. His movements slowed as he emptied his cum inside me. Warm liquid filled my insides as he groaned against my neck, making me give him more access and arch against him.

Fuck.

As he slowly came down from the high, he licked his bite mark and it already begun to heal. I knew it was healing because there was numbness in the area before a slight reminder of his bite remained as an aftermath.

His weight crushed me for a few seconds as he composed himself. And I let him catch his breath, while doing the same.

I drew small circles on his back.

The back where my nails were digging in earlier without any mercy.

"Fuck," he huffed out. His voice like he just ran a marathon.

He gave me a quick peck on the lips before he pushed himself off me and laid next to me.

We both looked at each other, with contentment covering our faces.

Pure satisfaction.

He never looked so at ease, giving me a lazy smile that was both sexy and cute as hell. I was so lost in him.

So lost that I couldn't stop the words that left my mouth.

"I love you, Damien Knight."

"And I love you, Aliya Aster."

It was my turn to smile. I pulled on the covers that had been pushed back over us, turning to face him. He immediately opened up his arms for me. As I rested my face on his chest, my eyes began to drop.

I remembered being worried about getting used to this when I got here.

And now, there is no place I would rather be than next to him while being curled up in the safety of his arms.

Every single night. For the rest of my life.

______________________________

A/N

NOT EDITED YET.

Just couldn't wait to get this chapter out since you guys have been waiting. I'll edit this in the morning. So sorry for any mistakes!!

What did you think of this chapter??

I hope it was a good mix of romantic and sexy, ya know what I mean? ;)

P.S. Enjoy these moments before shit hits the fan and stuff gets complicated! Haha

Until next time.

-J.S

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1K 311 30
When a werewolf prince comes of age the royal family must hold a ceremony at which 30 girls will go to the castle and live there until he choose's on...
1.5K 650 58
It all started with one choice. Whether or not to accept a ride home. My answer choice was yes and that's how my maximum risk life started. Luna...
16.9K 680 31
There was something about being with him that made me... Fearless. ~~~~~~~~~ Howls, creeks, and groans. Meet Dusk. Dusk is, almost your average princ...
437K 11.4K 40
#1 in grumps Damien has been my boyfriend for almost two years Damien knight is a good guy, the type you read about in the cute romance stories, the...