Mia

By Luchitina1806

Mia Johnson was raised almost single-handedly by her mother after being abandoned by her father at the age of... More

Chapter One: My Story.
Chapter Two: Blind Dates.
Chapter Three: Blind Dates II
Chapter Five:Jace Harris.
Quick Introduction of characters.
Chapter Six: Tutoring.
Chapter Seven: "Tougher than normal"
Chapter Eight: Spring Break!!
Chapter Nine: Spring Break!! II
Chapter Ten: Movie Night.
Chapter Eleven: The Walk.
Chapter Twelve: "I know you love her"
Chapter Fourteen: Going out.
Chapter Fifteen:"What's wrong with Jace?"
Chapter Sixteen:"I didn't want that"
Chapter Thirteen:"I nailed the tests!"
Chapter Seventeen:"Tell her the fucking truth!"
Chapter Eighteen: Talking to Sleep.
Chapter Nineteen: Stupid Drama.
Chapter Twenty:"...Stop Meddling..."
Chapter Twenty-one: Cold and Meaner.
Chapter Twenty-two:"It's......"
Chapter Twenty-three:"The tension...."
Chapter Twenty-four:"We almost...."
Chapter Twenty-five:"How do you know...."
Chapter Twenty-six:"I'll prove to you....."
Chapter Twenty-seven: A Yes.
Chapter Twenty-eight:"....you've got me"
Chapter Twenty-nine: First Official Date.
Chapter Thirty: Apartment Party.
Chapter Thirty-one: Apartment Party II
Chapter Thirty-two:"I'll always....."
Chapter Thirty-three: Freaking Out.
Chapter Thirty-four: Exams and Summer.
Chapter Thirty-five: End of Semester Party.
Chapter Thirty-six: Seventeen calls....Eleven texts.
Chapter Thirty-seven: Misunderstanding.
Chapter Thirty-eight: The Truth.
Chapter Thirty-nine: Betrayal.
Chapter Forty: Decent Conversation.
Chapter Forty-one:"She's left......"
Chapter Forty-two: Home Sweet Home.
Chapter Forty-three:"Your father......"
Chapter Forty-four:"....are you willing to wait...."
Bonus Chapter: Michelle.
Bonus Chapter: Amber.
Chapter Forty-five:"How was the dinner....."
Chapter Forty-six: Chat with Mr. Richards.
Chapter Forty-seven: Engagement and birthday party.
Chapter Forty-eight: Engagement and birthday party II
Chapter Forty-nine:"You're staying here."
Chapter Fifty:"....please, take good care of Mia...."
Chapter Fifty-one: BTE (Best Trio Ever).
Chapter Fifty-two: Mia and Jace.
Author's note.

Chapter Four:"Let me figure this out on my own."

47 5 1
By Luchitina1806

"If not for one thing I would've kicked that bitch's ass." Michelle says.

"And Eric's too." Amber says.

"I mean who the........"

We got home like ten minutes ago and Amber and Michelle has been pacing my room since then complaining of the "Maggie" that gave me a wonderful hand peck on the cheek.

I haven't said a word since we got home.
I'm just sitting on my bed, holding a pack of ice up to my well blushed cheek.

".......it's okay, Mia. We'll make sure this doesn't happen again." Michelle says.

"Of course it's never gonna happen again cause I'm done." I say.

"What do you mean "done"?" Michelle asks.

"I mean I'm done going for blind dates. Today should be the last." I say.

"But you've only four days left. You should complete......."

"I said no, Michelle."

"There's no "no" for an answer...."

"Michelle, let's just respect Mia's words." Amber says.

"But she still has four days. She may find the one within the four days." Michelle says.

"I know that there's a possibility of finding the right guy but Mia has had enough these past fourteen days and she even had the worst today. We've to listen to her." Amber says.

"Finally! Someone is trying to understand me." I say.

"So what do we do?" Michelle asks.

"Nothing." I say.

"Nothing?" Michelle asks.

"Yeah, nothing." I say.

"There's no way we're doing nothing. I can set you up with some guys in campus........"

"Michelle, please! I just passed through fifteen blind dates, fifteen horrible blind dates! and you're still talking about setting me up. Have you no conscience?" I ask. You could sense slight anger from my voice.

"I'm just trying to help. Okay, fine.
I'll set you up with some girls....."

"Michelle!!!!!" Amber and I yell together.

"What? Maybe she's a girl person, maybe that's why things haven't been working out, maybe she's into girls." Michelle says.

"Thanks, Michelle but I'm perfectly straight." I say.

"How sure are you? You're not even sure of your sexuality yet." Michelle says.

"I'm not into girls, that's all I can say to you so save your setup for someone else." I say.

"Nope, I'm definitely setting you up......"

"Michelle, aren't you getting too obsessed with this setting up stuff." Amber says.

"No, I'm not"

"Our best friend had just gotten an illegal blush from a psycho and you're still talking about leading her to where she'll probably get more illegal blushes, it's obsession and I don't know how or why you got this obsessed." Amber says.

Illegal blush?
Oh, she means the slap.

"I'm not obsessed." Michelle says.

"Yes, you are if not you won't be talking about setting her up with girls. She already made it clear that she doesn't want any setup, so listen to her." Amber says.

"I am listening to her."

"You're not and you know that. Let's just give her some breathing space." Amber says.

This is why I love Amber.
She's more understanding than Michelle.

"Ok.....but I can still set you up with some girls......."

"Michelle!" Amber calls out.

"I'm just saying......just in case she reconsiders.....I know some gay girls in this cam......"

"Michelle, one more word about girls." I say sternly.

"Ok....I won't." Michelle says.

"Good" I say.

"I guess we will just go back to the party therapy......" Amber says.

I thought she already understands me, why is she talking about party therapy again?

"Nope, we're not." I say.

"Mia, we've cancelled out the blind dates meaning you've only one option left and it's going back to finding someone at a party." Michelle says.

"I thought you guys were gonna give me some"breathing space" like Amber said, why this again?"

"The breathing space she meant is that we'll stop setting you up and we don't set you up at parties. All we tell you is "find someone" and since there  won't be setups anymore, there should be finding someone." Michelle says.

"What's with you guys and finding someone?" I ask rhetorically.

"We're still on the path of self discovery, your path of self discovery, remember?" Michelle says.

"And I like the fact that I'm on this "self discovery path" but you guys are not even sure if this is the right path. Don't you guys even think that I also want to discover myself? Who or what I truly am, what I like and dislike and other things? I'm in for this discovery path stuff but it's time for me to do it my way....."

"We get it but we are only helping." Amber says.

"I get that you guys are worried and that you're helping and trust me I really appreciate your help so far. As much as I hate to admit but these blind dates got me to know some things that I didn't before. But maybe that's not what I need or needed, maybe it's not just right for me. So guys, it's time for me to figure myself out on my own." I say.

"But that's what we're doing, that's why we tell you to find someone on your own." Amber says.

"Not with the pressure to hook up I get from you guys." I say.

"But....." I cut Michelle off.

"Please guys, you've done enough for me, now it's my turn to do something for me. Let me figure this out on my own." I say.

"Ok...ok, fine. We'll let you." Michelle says.

"Yeah, we'll." Amber says.

"Nice. I'll be going to parties with you guys but only to bring your drunk asses back home." I say.

"Okay"

"So promise me, no more pressure to date or hook up." I say.

"I promise" Amber says.

"Michelle?" I call out to Michelle who was just standing, looking like she's thinking of something.

"Come on, Michelle, don't just stand there and say nothing." Amber says.

"I promise and I don't promise"
Michelle says.

"Michelle!"

"Finnee, I'm not good at keeping promises but I'll try." Michelle says.

"Thanks guys......now can we at least watch an interesting movie with chips stuffed in our mouths?" I ask.

"Yeah, totally. I'll get the chips." Amber says making her way to my door.

"And I'll find an interesting movie for us to watch." Michelle says and follows Amber out of my room.

"Then I'll just have a warm bath and join your guys in the living room" I say not minding that they already left my room.

It's time to forget the last horrible fourteen days over a movie and some chips.

No more blind dates or pressure to hook up at a party.
Hurray!

************************************

"Ugh....new semester is here" Amber groans.

We are sitting in the kitchen, having our breakfast.

"I feel like dying right now before getting to Professor Harris' lecture." Michelle says.

"Guys come on, it's a good thing we're already in a new semester, don't you wanna graduate from college?" I ask.

"Of course, we wanna graduate. Who doesn't want to leave this eternal misery. This is only our second year but it feels like I've been in here for centuries." Amber says.

"It's not so bad here and I enjoy Professor Harris' lectures." I say.

"Of course you'll love it here, you nerd plus you're like Professor Harris' best student so you can't help but enjoy his lectures even if you're not enjoying it." Michelle says.

Of course, which lecturer or teacher doesn't like a smart and good student?

I'm flattering myself again.

"I appreciate and I'll tell you guys that we're gonna be late if we don't wrap up this breakfast now. So come on, get your whining asses up and let's get going." I say as I stand up and take my plate with leftover pancake, to the sink.

"Oh no, not till I've finished these pancakes." Michelle says.

"Nope, we're leaving right now so come on, get up."

"I can't just leave the pancakes. I'm with Michelle on this one." Amber says.

"Ok, I'll just take a taxi and make sure to take a seat in Professor Benard's lecture." I say to know their reaction.

"Ok....Let's go" Michelle says.

"Yeah, let's go. The pancakes can wait." Amber says.

Professor Benard is one of the scariest professors in campus. You don't wanna be late for his lectures. He doesn't joke with punctuality.
Michelle and Amber are scared of him. They are so scared of him that at the mention of his name they forget any other thing around them. I am scared of him too.

"Good, I'm driving." I say, grabbing the car keys from the table.

"We don't have Professor Benard, do we?" Michelle asks as I'm about to start the car.

"Of course we don't. Just a way to get you guys to come with me." I say smirking.

"Nice one, very smart one." Amber says.

"Yeah, I know. I also know we shouldn't be late, Professor Benard or not Professor Benard." I say as I start driving away.

************************************
"The lecture wasn't that bad after all." Amber says.

"Yeah, but huge assignment was given." Michelle says.

"Of course, assignment will be given it's part of learning......." Amber says.

It's break time.....
Not like break break time. Our next lecture is in 30minutes so some of us decide to take a break before then and we're heading out of the lecture hall.

"Hey, Mia" Rose calls.

Rose is a fellow student.

"Yes?" I reply.

"Umm....hi"

"Hi"

"I didn't do so well in history last semester. I was wondering if you could help me with one or two things in it." Rose requests.

"Oh....umm....I would really love to help but I can't. I'm a really busy person so I won't have the time." I say sincerely.

"Okay, I understand." She says with a little disappointment.

"I'm really sorry. I really want to help but I can't." I say.

"It's okay. I had my suspicion that you may not have time for it but I just wanted to try." Rose says.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize, you didn't do anything to me. So....see you in the next lecture then."

"Alright. See you in the next lecture." I say and we part ways. I run to catch up with Amber and Michelle who are already outside.

"Hey, what's with Rose?" Amber asks.

"Well, she wanted me to help her with history. She didn't do well last semester." I say.

"What did you say?" Michelle asks.

"I told her I didn't have the time." I say.

"Okay"

"So where are you guys heading to?" I ask.

"Well......Caleb and Jordan wants to meet up so we are heading to the donut shop. I feel like eating donuts too. Do you wanna come with us?" Michelle asks.

Caleb is Michelle's boyfriend while Jordan is Amber's.

"No...umm...."

"Please don't tell me that you're going under that tree today" Michelle says.

Forgot to mention that I found another under-tree alone spot in campus just like the one in high school.

"Nope, not today. I'm going to the library." I say.

"You're no fun." Amber says.

"I'll come with you guys next time. There's something I need to check out" I say.

"Okay, see ya, nerd." Michelle says playfully.

"See ya" I say taking the direction of the library.

************************************
"Shit!! How did I lose track of time?" I say to myself as I realize that "break" ended like ten minutes ago.
I immediately run out of the library cause Professor Benard is real this time.
My phone is blowing up with texts from my friends.

"Where are you, Mia?"

"Have you been kidnapped?"

"You alive?"

"What the hell are you still checking out in that library?"

"Come on, Mia"

"Can you get off whatever text book you're reading over there and reply our texts"

"You need to get here now, Professor Benard is on the way"

"Mia!!!! get your nerdy ass here right now."

"Mia!!!"

"MIA!!!!!!"

I start running to our department at the same time trying to answer their texts to assure them that I'm on my way.

I can't possibly answer these texts while running.
What have I done to myself?

Just then I feel myself bump into something not so hard and my bag and phone fall.

As I bend to pick them up, I see a masculine hand with a beaded bracelet, trying to pick my phone at the same time with me.

I just bumped into someone trying to reply Michelle and Amber's texts.
Wonderful!

"Oh no, I'm so so sorry. I wasn't looking." I say.

"It's fine. I wasn't looking either." A masculine voice says.

"Okay, thanks." I say, hastily taking my phone from him without looking up to see the owner of the hand and voice. I lift myself and continued my race, this time without replying texts.

I finally reach the lecture hall and luckily, there's no Professor Benard.

"Girl, where have you been and why haven't you been replying our texts?" Michelle asks.

"I replied one text, and that was few minutes ago." I say.

"You mean the one you were speaking some kind of foreign language." Amber says.

"What are you talking about?" I ask.

Michelle shows me the text I sent to them.

"I'm mmmmo.,.nfhhwwzzbyychxi"

What the hell did I type?

"Well you can't blame me. I was running while texting." I say.

"Okay......"

Just then the great Professor Benard enters the hall.

"Keep quiet everyone" He says.

"Good day, professor" Almost everyone says.

"Good day, students and welcome back to a new semester and a new year. Hope you had a nice holiday?"

"Yes, we did."

"Okay, once again welcome back"

"Thank you, sir"

"I will go straight to the point. Some of you performed well last semester and some of you didn't. To those who did well, bravo and keep it up. To those who didn't, wake up, work hard and don't disappoint me this semester, understood?"

"Yes, professor!"

"Good, now I am going to take a roll call and don't forget about my punctuality rules. I will not go easy on anyone this semester."

"Yes, sir"

"You're so damn lucky" Michelle whispers to me.

Yes, I'm really lucky.
I was so close to getting on Professor Benard's bad side on the first day of second semester.

I love you so much, God.

---------

Hey readers!

What do you think of this book so far?

Lemme know in the comments section.

Teaser:"that bracelet..."

See ya.

✌️✌️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

518K 17.6K 45
When Mia's best friend and long time crush proposes to his girlfriend, she's forced to move on from her hopes of a future with him. ----- After being...
594K 4.4K 11
PUBLISHED - Can be read on GoodNovel SYNOPSIS: Meet Mia Belle. She's an orphan, and a university student. Celebrating her 21st birthday with her be...
9.1K 377 34
●COMPLETED● Fan of erotic and heated love scenes? Well, you've come to the right place. No under 18s allowed🚫. The funny thing about love, is that...
36.8K 1.8K 42
[Book 1 of the Mia Series] This story is about Mia and the struggles she deals with throughout her senior year in high school. Unfortunately, she has...