Inexplicable (DEREK HALE)

By HorneSupremacy

(NOW ON AO3) Sarah Stilinski the more popular, beautiful, smarter and talented Stilinski twin. Best friends... More

Extended Summary
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
THE MOVIE
Chapter 56

Chapter 57

1.6K 44 9
By HorneSupremacy

(Guys, this is 7655 words, get ready)

Sarah twists and turns in her bed, Derek sleeping peacefully next to her. Her memories clouded her dreams, but not just any memories. Memories of Allison. From their meeting to Allison dying. She'd been having them on and off the past few nights, but she couldn't understand why. That was until tonight.

She was taken back to the room. The white room with the nemeton. She locked eyes with the mirror image of herself and glared at it. The nogitsune.

"It was you?" Sarah wonders, watching as her doppelgänger was playing Go on top of the nemeton. "Why are you making me see Allison? What's going on?"

"Did I ever tell you how we're connected?" Void Sarah wonders, not even glancing up at the girl whilst ignoring her questions. Sarah stays silent. "The nogitsune, me I guess you could say, is more than a demon. When we leave a host body, a part of us always stays behind. Normally the host dies quite quickly because our power is too strong, but when you turned you had the capability of withstanding the power."

"What are you saying?" Sarah asks still not enjoying the theatrics of the nogitsune.

"There's only a part of me in you, the rest of me is out there. He's calling to me. Calling to you." Void Sarah reveals causing normal Sarah to widen her eyes.

"It's back." She realises. "That's why I'm seeing Allison."

"Chaos, Strife and Pain." Void lists. "We got that power when she died, what do you think it would do years later if she was brought back?"

"The nogitsune can do that?" Sarah wonders in disbelief.

"He did do that." Void counters. "He's calling to us, he wants us back."

"And let me guess, you want to go back to him?" Sarah sighs knowing that the nogitsune would want to be whole again. It was this question that caused the nogitsune to spin towards Sarah. A look of emotion on its face, ironic for someone who has been coined 'Void'.

"You may still think of me as the bad guy, Sarah, but I've been a part of you for almost 17 years. I've felt everything that you've felt in that time, witnessed every moment." Void begins. "I'm a part of you."

"So you're going to help us get rid of him? For good?" Sarah wonders and the nogitsune nods her head.

Sarah jumps up awake after that conversation, Derek shaking her to wake her up. He looks at her in concern as she has tears on her face.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" He asks in concern, wiping the tears from her face as he cups it in his hands.

"I don't know." Sarah vaguely responds, trying to get her thoughts together. "It's back."

"What's back?" Derek frowns but looking at the fear in his wife's eyes he knows the answer to his own question. "How?"

"I don't know." Sarah says, the tears still falling from her eyes. "It started with dreams of Allison and then I had a conversation with the nogitsune left in my head. She said she's only a part of the nogitsune and not the full thing. It's calling to her. us."

Derek pulls his wife into a hug, the incident with their son being long forgotten at the terrified look on her face. "I promise, we will do everything possible to keep you safe. I love you, Sarah, you are the most important thing in my life as well as Eli, I won't let you get hurt."

<<<~~~>>>

When Derek goes into the shower, Alex pulls out her phone, dialling the one number she could think of. She may not have spoken to Argent in a little while, but she knew he would pick up.

"You've been seeing her too." These are the first words that Argent says over the phone and Sarah's eyes widen at the statement.

"How.." Alex trails off in confusion.

"Because Scott and I have as well." Argent tells her and her jaw drops open. 

"I need to talk to you. Both of you. It's not as straightforward as you think." Sarah tells him, putting him on speaker as she quickly gets dressed. "You need to get back to Beacon Hills. It's back and I don't know how."

"Meet me at Scott's." Argent tells her, hanging up the phone. Sarah lets out a sigh as Derek comes out of their bathroom, towel wrapped around his waist.

"Where are you going?" Derek wonders, looking at his wife who is now fully dressed.

"Scotts. Argent and Scott have been having dreams too. I need to tell them what happened." Sarah explains, pausing when she gets a phone call from her dad. She picks up the phone and answers. "Dad now isn't really the best time."

"When is the time to tell you that your son just stole the Jeep again?" Her dad informs her and she lets out a sigh.

"God's sake Eli." She sighs over the phone. "Derek will be on his way." She hangs up the phone and looks to Derek who simply nods his head as he overheard the conversation.

"Be careful, I love you." He tells the girl, watching as she tries to put on a strong facade. 

"I love you too, Derek." She says with a sincere smile, pulling him in for a kiss. "If I didn't have to go, that towel would've been on the floor already." She smirks, watching as his face flushes. Regardless of 15 years of marriage, she can still make him blush like a schoolgirl. She leaves him alone with those thoughts as she heads to Scott's old house. Walking through the door, she sees Lydia, Jackson, Scott, and Argent. 

"Sarah." They say with a smile, walking over to individually give the girl a hug. She pulls away from them with a hesitant look.

"I take it you've been seeing her too?" She wonders, looking from Argent to Scott to Lydia who all nod their head. "There's something you should know."

"We know that she's been trying to cross over like she's stuck." Scott tells her with a small smile but Sarah shakes her head at the True Alpha.

"It's back." Sarah tells them, and they share a look, seemingly only Argent understood her. "I had the dreams of Allison, one of them got too bad and I was dragged back into the white room with the nemeton." Sarah begins to ramble, now making sense to Lydia and Scott who were the ones who got her out of that white room in the first place. "Void said that the nogitsune is calling out to us."

"What does this have to do with Allison?" Argent wonders, asking why the nogitsune would involve his daughter.

"Chaos, strife and pain. I guess it noticed how much power it got when she died and decided to bring all those emotions back to the surface by resurrecting her." Sarah explains.

"How? Liam and Theo have the jar with them. They would have called if something happened." Scott protests and Sarah simply shrugs.

"What do we do now?" Jackson wonders, looking at the group.

"Go to where this started. The nemeton." Scott answers them.

<<<~~~>>>

The group decides to separate, going to do different activities. Scott and Lydia were meeting up with Malia to find the nemeton, and then Argent and Sarah grabbed some supplies before heading off in the same direction. They were loading things into the car when they were thrown out of their concentration by Deaton.

"Have you been to Japan recently?" Deaton wonders, looking directly at Argent as he holds out a bullet with his emblem on it.

"I haven't been to Japan in years." Argent sighs.

"Are you sure?" Deaton asks with a quirked brow.

"What's going on? What's with the riddles." Sarah asks, looking directly at Deaton who has his focus on Argent still.

"How long has it been since you were in Beacon Hills?" He counters. "Because I seem to remember you telling us that you were going to stay in Los Angeles."

"I was, but I wanted to ask you another question. And it, um, it might sound a little strange." Deaton continues. "You walk into a room that contains a match, a kerosene lamp, a candle, and a fireplace. What would you light first?"

"The match." Argent vocalises but Sarah just stays quiet, even though she knows the answer. "You came all this way to Beacon Hills to ask me that?"

"I do have another question," Deaton reveals. "What has to be broken before it can be used?"

"An egg." Argent answers, Sarah begins to move away from the man as she realises what's happening. He's the nogitsune.

"I'm tall when I'm young, and I'm short when I'm old. What am I?" Sarah asks the next riddle.

"A candle." Argent glares, looking at them both in confusion. "Do you want to talk about that bullet, or do you want to keep asking me children's riddles?"

"What month of the year has 28 days?" Deaton furthers his interrogation.

"All of them." Argent states.

"What has many keys..." Deaton is cut off.

"Stop. Stop talking." Argent demands, fighting inner turmoil.

"What has many keys yet opens no locks?"

"A piano."

"What has many teeth but cannot bite?"

"A comb."

"What is always in front of you but can never be seen?"

"The future."

"The more of this there is, the less you can see." Deaton finishes his final riddle, witnessing Argent become agitated. "What is it?"

"Darkness, you motherfucker!" Argent shouts, his teeth morphing into the teeth of the Nogitsune as he charges at Deaton. Sarah grabs the gun out of his hand and pushes him away from Deaton. the nogitsune lets out a chuckle as he looks at Sarah. "You disappoint me." He growls, beginning to take a step further but Deaton uses a vial of mountain ash against him, causing the firefly to leave his body and into the air, Deaton grabs onto Argent as he falls and Sarah begins to look more paranoid.

It's the beginning of the end.

<<<~~~>>>

Eli was confused. First, he bumped into Scott and now he was wondering where his mother was. Most of all, he was wondering what the hell a nogitsune was. He burst through the front door of their house and saw his dad sitting on the couch. He looked disappointed as the boy walked through the door, knowing that he had just been told off and went for a stroll around the woods. The next words would have Derek speechless.

"What's a nogitsune?" Eli asks, waiting for an answer from his dad. He was getting slightly angry at the silence. "Because I go to the woods and I see Scott, Malia and Lydia talking about it."

"Eli." Derek starts to interrupt but the boy keeps going.

"What the hell is going on? They said it had something to do with Mom." He can feel himself get more and more angry as he continues his rant. 

"Elijah." He raises his voice as he looks at the boy who stops his rant at the sound of his full name. Derek takes a second to absorb the information, of course, his wife would sacrifice herself, she asked Aiden to do it at the hospital when it was first happening and now she was asking someone else. 

"They said she was with some guy names Chris." He continues.

"Chris." Derek mutters. "Chris Argent, he was a hunter."

"Argent? Like the girl who killed our family?" Eli wonders and Derek nods.

"Chris isn't like that." Derek adds. "And as for the other stuff, we should wait til your mom gets home. This is something we should tell you together." He pulls out his phone and texts Sarah.

'We need to talk, Eli knows.'

<<<~~~>>>

Sarah makes her way around the school hallways, looking for her husband and her son as she progresses through the corridors. She is slightly shocked as she overhears her dad threatening her son with going to jail.

"And I won't stop him." Sarah adds, interrupting the two as she looks at her son. His eyes drop with guilt as he looks at his mother. He knows how much the jeep meant to her and he stole it from her. Stilinski pulls Sarah into a hug, glad to see his daughter again (it has only been a week but she was the only family member who actually visited him, Stiles was too busy with FBI stuff). "I also need to stop Derek from making a fool of himself." She says, rushing down the hallway as she walks into the coach's office. This place brought back memories. Specifically her and James but she shrugged away those thoughts quickly.

"Stilinski?" Coach asks in disbelief, causing Derek to spin around and see his wife.

"Cupcake!" She greets. "Long time no see."

"After 15 years she still calls me that." He mumbles under his breath, causing Derek to crack a smile at his wife.

"I was just telling Coach that he should let our son play." Derek says as Sarah stands next to him.

"You two have a son? And he's on the bench?" Coach asks, gesturing to the two of them as he remembers his best student and the muscular man beside her.

"That's our son." Derek says, pointing out Eli who drops his lacrosse gear as the group looks over at him.

"Are you sure he's not your brothers?" Coach remarks, remembering the other Stilinski to be just as similar.

"Pretty sure about that." Alex nods.

"Fine. 3 minutes if we're winning." Coach bargains.

"5 Minutes." Derek counters.

"You drive a hard bargain." Coach says.

"Coach." Sarah sighs looking at him.

"4 minutes, not a second longer." Coach protests, but the Hale couple glare at him. "4 and a half." He agrees, turning back towards the locker room.

"We need to talk." Derek tells her and she nods, dragging him out to the hallway.

"Trust me. I know." Sarah counters, entering the conversation here. "It's back. For definite. It was in Chris."

"Eli knows. He showed Scott, Malia and Lydia the nemeton." Derek reveals and Alex groans, her phone ringing, snapping her out of the conversation.

"What?" She asks down the phone.

"Allison is alive. She's here. She ran away from us. Didn't recognise any of us. Argent told me about what happened, are you okay?" Scott begins to say down the phone, only adding to Sarah's problems.

"Can I not just watch my son's lacrosse game in peace." Sarah wonders.

"Look, she said Derek's name. Called him the alpha. You need to find him and be careful. She's going after the Hales. And I don't know whether you're aware, but you're also a hale now." Malia rants, showing that she's on speaker.

"Don't worry, we can protect ourselves." Derek says, grabbing the phone from Sarah.

"We're on our way just in case." Scott says, hanging up the phone.

"Rude." Sarah mutters, taking the phone off Derek and placing it in her pocket. Derek stares at Sarah, knowing they have a lot to talk about but she shakes her head. "After this is over." He nods, placing his hand in hers as they head to the bleachers to watch their son play in a lacrosse game. Only it doesn't end very well as he ends up being injured within 2 minutes. They both rush down to where he was being helped off the pitch and Derek picked him up in his arms to help him to the locker room.

"I can walk on my own." Eli insists.

"You're the one who said you couldn't walk." Sarah counters and Eli sighs as he hops over to a bench.

"You almost had that shot." Derek says optimistically.

"No, I didn't." Eli sighs.

"Yes, you did... I saw it you were right at the goal." Sarah smiles, taking a seat next to her son. "You're better than you think you are."

"I was in for less than 2 minutes, got given the ball and then got knocked on my ass with a twisted ankle. It wasn't anything." Eli argues.

"Eli." Derek interrupts, not liking the language.

"It was nothing." He mutters under his breath.

"It was something." Sarah states. "I was watching Cupcake and he saw it too. You're good. You're really good. And if you can heal you play tomorrow night."

"But you need to learn. And you've got to be willing to learn." Derek adds to the conversation, joining the other side of Eli. Sarah pauses, hearing slight movement in the background. An arrow. She watches in the corner as she sees a glimmer of light.

"Get down!" She shouts, pushing Eli behind her as she catches the arrow. "Run. Run." She tells her son, pushing him into a different direction as Derek becomes more alert, pushing the lockers to block the next arrow in the path. Their attacker pulls out a ring dagger and begins to use it on the pair, they effectively block the path of the attacks before Sarah gets the better opportunity, grabbing the arm and pushing her against the locker. "Allison." Her eyes soften but that gives Allison the advantage as she pushes the knife into Sarah's stomach. Causing Derek to go after her and push her out of the way. Derek grabs onto Sarah and runs out of the room but Allison shoots an arrow, piercing Derek's carotid artery. The pair are lying on the floor as Allison pulls her bow, pointing it towards Derek. She lets go of her string and it heads straight towards him. But an arm grabs out and stops it. It's Liam. Sarah gives him a look of relief before Allison pulls the next arrow. Theo stops it before it hits Liam.

Their eyes are both glowing yellow as they look at the woman, both of them had never met Allison, so this was their first introduction. Scott and Malia sprint down the corridor after them, Scott bends to Sarah whilst Malia goes to Derek.

"Get to Eli." Sarah demands, pulling the dagger out of her stomach.

"He's not here." Scott insists.

"He was. He knows what to do." Derek says, his voice strained as he puts pressure on his wound. "We have a plan. He has a car. He'll go to the shop. He knows what to do." Derek fades out of consciousness and Sarah sits up at his side to continue to put pressure on his wound. Tears fall out of her eyes as she looks at her husband.

"Scott, It's not just Allison." Liam tells them. "It's the oni, the nogitsune." Liam tells them, glancing at Sarah.

"They're coming." Theo adds. "Scott, what do we do?"

"Liam, get to Stilinski, find Lydia." Scott tells him. "And tell them we need their help. Tell them we need everyone." Theo and Liam nod as they make their way out of the school building. "Malia, Sarah, let's get him out of here."

<<<~~~>>>

They're driving in the car back to a safe place. Derek's head is on Sarah's lap as she continues to add pressure. He's in and out of consciousness as she takes some of his pain.

"Eli. Eli." He mumbles.

"We'll find him. We need to focus on you first." Scott insists.

"You don't understand. He has a broken ankle. He can't run." Derek shakes his head.

"He's a werewolf? Why hasn't it healed?" Scott wonders and Sarah shakes her head.

"He hasn't activated it yet. He's suppressing it. He doesn't have any of the abilities." Sarah reveals, slowly looking over at Scott.

"What's wrong with him?" Scott frowns.

"You know how some people pass out when they see a needle?" Malia wonders. "Eli passes out when he sees his own fangs."

"He passes out?" Scott says slight disbelief in his tone.

"The fangs come out.." Derek begins to talk.

"He's on the floor." Sarah finishes. "Claws too."

Derek looks up at his wife, grabbing her hand in his. "You have to find him before she does."

"We will, I won't let anything happen to our son." Sarah responds.

<<<~~~>>>

They get to Scotts and help Derek out of the car, Argent is waiting for them, helping them get him on the couch.

"Easy." Malia says as they rest him on it. Melissa and Deaton go to his side to inspect the wound on his neck whilst Sarah still clutches onto her side, wobbling slightly as she feels the full effect of her wound. It wasn't healing. She falls to the ground in pain, causing argent to rush over to her.

"Eli, you have to find Eli." She mutters the same time Derek says his name.

"You both need to rest. As much as you won't like it, you have to let Scott and the others take care of it. Okay?" Melissa advises them both. "People who lose this much blood, werewolf or human, you're not gonna be any good to anyone else."

"The healing process works perfectly with fire." Deaton tells them as Argent lifts up Sarah's t-shirt.

"Whatever Sarah was stabbed with had wolfsbane on it, she needs it burned out." Argent tells the group, who snap their attention up to the sound of someone lighting something.

"Did somebody say fire?" The voice of Peter Hale wonders as he steps out of the shadows with a blowtorch in one hand and a cigar in the other. "I've been known to light a spark or two in my lifetime." He stalks towards Derek, placing the cigar in an ashtray conveniently placed on the table.

"Peter no." Derek protests, screaming in pain as Peter holds the blowtorch to his wound. The pack all flinch away at the pain he was letting out. But he quickly stops as it does its job.

He then bends down on the floor next to Sarah. "Your turn, sleeping beauty." He smirks as he places it against her wound. She has less of a reaction to the pain, siphoning it to make her stronger. Once Peter is finished, he turns off the blowtorch and turns to the pack who are glaring at him. "Do I need to remind you, people, that he slashed my throat once and killed me? And she stabbed me with a metal pole before throwing me away into an insane asylum."

"When it comes to you, most of us try to forget." Malia deadpans looking at her father.

"That is no way to speak to your father." Peter tells her.

"We're running out of time. We need to catch up with Eli." Sarah says, getting off the floor and holding her stomach.

"You mean before Allison does?" 

"Allison Argent back from the dead." Peter says in a fake tone of disbelief. "Running around shooting up werewolves like a good little hunter?" He looks at Argetns glare with a smile. "You must be so proud." Argent begins to make his way over to Peter but Melissa and Sarah get in their way. Sarah places a hand on Peters's chest as Melissa does the same with Argent.

"Can we just lower the level of testosterone in the room, fellas? Huh?." Melissa pleads.

"Derek said they had a plan for when something like this happens." Scott wonders, causing all gazes to snap towards Sarah.

"We told him to go to the shop. Emergency Rendezvous point." Sarah says with a nod, looking at Peter who also knew this information.

"How far behind was Allison?" Peter wonders.

"Not far enough." Scott tells him and Sarah's fears worsen.

"I'm coming with you." Malia and Sarah say in unison.

"No, you need to find Lydia." Scott says looking over at the mail before snapping his gaze to Alex. "And you need to rest. You're in no position to fight."

"He's my son." Sarah protests.

"He's my godson. Look I promise I will do whatever it takes to make sure he's okay but you need to rest." Scott sends her a direct look, noticing her fatigue as she's standing up. "Liam and Theo are already looking for Stilinski. But honestly, if there's anyone who could figure this thing out. It's Lydia."

"Find Lydia, I'll get Eli." Scott says definitely before rushing out of the house, Melissa following on his tail.

Peter looks over to his niece-in-law and places a hand on her shoulder, absorbing some of the pain coming from her wound. "You need to rest."

"I can't not with my son out there." She replies anxiously, Peter gives her a sympathetic glance as he looks from his unconscious nephew to her. She's lost her son and her husband is unconscious and there's nothing she can do about it.

"If Allison catches up to Eli, he might need some serious medical attention. Not just a blow-torch." Melissa mutters to Argent but Sarah catches their conversation.

"I should have forced him to learn. He wouldn't be in danger." Sarah begins to cry, getting more upset by the minute and Melissa's words weren't helping her. Peter pulls her into a hug and lets her cry on his shoulder.

"You're not like that Sarah. You let him make his own choice. So did Derek." Peter mutters to her so Melissa and Argent can't hear but she shakes his head into his shoulder. He glares at the two before responding to their comment. "I feel like that was aimed at me." Peter places Sarah onto the small sofa in the room, watching as her tears made her exhausted. He steps into the way of the door.

"Get out of the way or there'll be a gun aimed at you." Argent glares, standing face to face with Peter.

"Of course. Just satisfy my curiosity about one thing. Who are you going out there to help? Her or him? Predator or prey? You act as if you care about Sarah but we both know you hold a grudge against her for being a part in the death of your daughter. What weird kind of poetic justice would you get if you killed her son whilst your daughter still lived?" Peter argues, his glare deepening as he looks at the Argent. He's never liked the man and he's sure as hell not going to let him take away the person who his family care the most about.

"You and I both know that is not true. You've tried that trick before, remember? In the tunnel where you killed her in front of me?" Argent taunts, remembering the problem he placed them in when he was teamed up with Kate. "I'll stop anyone who tries to kill an innocent 15-year-old."

Peter doesn't let those words affect him, knowing that Sarah already forgave him for that. "And yet you look like a man with doubts. Let's ask the expert... Mr Deaton?"

"The nogitsune is an extraordinarily powerful creature. I can create illusions that are nearly indistinguishable from reality." Deaton looks from Peter to Deaton.

"Illusion." Peter repeats in Argent's ear.

"But that illusion today, she looked pretty damn real to me." Deaton counters, going against Peters's point.

"Me too." Melissa agrees.

"I know what I saw." Argent also states, watching as Deaton checks up on Sarah and Derek before turning to Peter. "I saw an exact replica, meant to trick us into lowering our guard. My daughter is gone. Whoever or whatever is out there isn't Allison. it's an illusion."

"Then I say let's dispel the illusion." Peter has anger on his features as he says this, angry at her for coming after his family. They then both leave the room.

<<<~~~>>>

Sarah wakes up with a bang. She hears a fight commenting in the room so she jumps into action, she watches Derek, Eli and Malia fighting the Oni and she jumps up to help them. Sarah watches as the Oni threatens to stab her son so she pushes it out of the way.

"Mom." Eli says in relief, watching as she took on the Oni for him.

"Malia, get him out of here." Sarah demands, watching as Malia runs away with him. Sarah joins Derek's side as they begin to fend off the Oni, but they just aren't strong enough. The Oni catches Sarah by surprise, stabbing her in the chest. Derek watches in pain as the Oni manages to do the same thing to him. They both feel themselves disappear into nothingness and when they awake, they see another illusion. A place where they were tied up at the top steps of the monument.

"Sarah, you okay?" Derek questions, looking over his wife for any wounds when she nods her head. Jumping in shock when their son appears next to them.

"Eli." Sarah says with a sigh of relief, knowing that he's okay and not dead.

"Eli can you hear me?" Derek wonders, watching as the boy slowly wakes up.

"We're not dead." He optimistically speaks.

"Not yet." Theo sarcastically replies, getting glares from the other members.

"Where are we?" Eli wonders.

"It's just an illusion." Sarah reassures.

"What about them?" Eli asks, gesturing to the Oni that has just appeared.

Derek grabs his restraints, trying to pull out of them with all of his strength but it didn't work. Sarah looks at him sympathetically. "Derek, our strength isn't going to break through these bonds." He gives up with a grunt before Sarah turns her attention to her son. "How's your leg?"

"Yeah, it's fine. It healed." Eli says with a small smile and Sarah's eyes widened at the same time as Derek's.

"You learned how to heal?" They ask in unison, ecstatic for their son.

"Yeah, kind of." He responds. "Scott did most of it."

"That's amazing!" Derek shouts.

"Hey Derek, maybe you want to be a little more subtle with your antics." Liam scolds.

Sarah looks at the others who are lower down than them and shakes her head. "The nogitsuine isn't going to kill us, not yet. He put us here to watch him win. We're here for our pain." The faint sounds of chanting hit their ears and they share a look of confusion.

"Hey, do you guys hear that?" Mason wonders.

"It sounds like.." Eli trails off.

"Lacrosse." Liam finishes.

They all watch in anticipation as the nogitsune makes its way up the stairs, it seems to glare at Sarah before turning to the two people she loves the most.

"A man looks at a photograph of another man. He says, "Brothers and sisters have I none. But this man's father is my father's son." Who is the man in the photograph?" The nogitsune begins his riddle.

"My son." Sarah says with a glare, her eyes shining blue.

"Ah." Eli screams as the nogitsune brings his hand to his face.

"Don't be afraid." Derek advises.

"Oh, of this guy? No, no way." Eli sarcastically responds. "Oh, my God, he's touching me."

"The son of Sarah Stilinski and Derek Hale." The nogitsune has a grin on his face.

"But not a wolf yet, is he? When night falls, he may earn his fangs, his claws, watching the rest of you die!" The nogitsune gets close to Sarah as he says those last words, but she doesn't let the fear get to her. They've beat him before, they can do it again."

They hear a roar in the background, causing all of their eyes to glow. Sarah looks at her son with awe in her eyes, finding the sight of her young boy with his glowing yellow eyes the sight she would never grow tired of.

"Eli, did you see that?" Derek wonders, also seeing what Sarah saw. "Did you see your eyes?"

"How am I supposed to see my eyes? They're the thing I'm supposed to use to see." Eli deadpans, showing the Stilinski gene.

"They were glowing." Sarah told her son.

"They were?" He asks optimistically.

"Yeah." Sarah smiles, which falls as the nogitsune makes his way closer to Eli.

"Tell me, do you like riddles?" The nogitsune questions. "I know your mother does."

Eli looks at his mom nervously as he responds to the Nogitsunes question. "I'm more of a kinda guy. You know I like the rhyming."

"Let's put one of the players back in the game." The nogitsune smirks, looking from Sarah to Derek. "But first." He pauses, looking from Derek to Eli before making his way over to Sarah. "Night night." He smiles as he grabs her neck, snapping it with ease. Derek and Eli let out pained screams, watching as the woman they love the most dies in front of them. The nogitsune then picks up Eli and throws him towards the abyss, watching as he disappears from their eyes.

Stilinski and Derek stare at the body of Sarah, unknowing what they were going to do. They didn't know whether it was an illusion or whether it was a real deal. But the way her body was slumped to the floor, it looked pretty real.

"She's gone." Derek mutters, fear all over his body, feeding the nogitsune its power.

"She can't be." Stilinski disagrees, looking at Derek. "She didn't change, neither did you."

"What do you mean?" Derek wonders confused at his words.

"You didn't change when they took Eli, or when he.." Stilinski trails off.

"He means you didn't transform in front of your son." Deaton says clearing up any confusion.

"We haven't." Derek responds. "He hasn't seen us like that. Not since the first time."

"Ok, what was the first time?" Stilinski questions, causing Derek to frown.

"Sarah didn't tell you?" Derek asks but the man just shakes his head. "I don't know if he'd even remember. He might have been too young. Coyotes had come into the house. They clawed through the screen door. Eli was playing on the floor, and they were heading straight for him. I transformed instantly. Roared so loud it shook the entire house. Coyotes took off and there was Eli, looking up at me. He was shaking. He was... He was terrified. And he wouldn't let me come near him for days. That look of fear in his eyes when he saw me, I couldn't get it out of my head. That's why he can't change. I think every time he starts to, or... maybe every time he tries, he must see my face... snarling back at him."

<<<~~~>>>

Sarah jumps up once she reaches her sleep and sees herself in the white room once again.

"Shit." She mutters, looking around to find Void, who was right behind her.

"I told you to be careful, I warned you of what was going to happen but you still managed to let them get to you. Now Derek is nearly dead, you're son I probably dead and you are actually dead." Void rants, glaring at the girl. "The best chance you have at beating the nogitsune is through me. Let me out."

"So you can join his side and let him back in?" Sarah questions. "No chance."

"If I wanted to be a part of him I could have forced him inside me back at Argents when he was in him. I don't want that. That nogitsune and I are different. You have to trust me." Void barters, they pause when they feel a darkness around them. "That's his final move, he's merged the worlds. You need to let me out so I can save Derek and Eli."

"Derek." Sarah mutters, trying to wake up but she fails to do so.

"You need to let me help you, I'm the only chance you've got." Void begs. "I've helped you before, I can help you again."

"I can't trust a trickster." Sarah tries to convince herself as the white room begins to dim.

"You're losing your window, the Oni are going to take them." Void tells her and she lets a couple of tears fall from her face.

"Fine!" Sarah exclaims and her world goes black.

<<<~~~>>>

"Dad." Eli muses, rushing over to his dad at the top of the mountain, pausing when he sees his mom still on the floor. "Mom." He mutters, rushing over to her and shaking her, feeling for some kind of pulse but he gets nothing. "no." He begins to get emotional as he looks over at her unmoving body. They are snapped out of their thoughts by the sound of the nogitsune.

"We're not done yet." He muses. "This game is mine." He rushes over to Eli and grabs him by his hair, the nogitsune holds his claws to his neck.

"Take me, let the others go." Scott bargains.

"All of the lives here belong to me." The nogitsune argues.

"All you need is me." Scott disagrees.

"Scott don't do this." Derek tells him.

"Allison kills me. I die in her arms. the same way that she died in mine. That's the move that wins the game, isn't it?"

"I've already won." The nogitsune counters.

"You lose! Until Sarah and I are off the board." Scott shouts. "And I'm still standing. And I'm still the alpha."

"An arrow to the heart? to save everyone else?" Nogitsune wonders. "All the other players go free."

"No. No, I can't. I... I can't... I cannot... no. No." Allison disagrees.

"Kill him, Allison, and I win the game." The nogtistune muses.

"Allison, please." Scott pleads. "Don't make me watch my friends and my family die."

"Game is mine! Kill him!" The nogitsune shouts and Allison lets go of her arrow, hitting Scott in the chest. She does another, and another before he drops to the floor.

"The wolves howl to signal their position... To the rest of the pack. Tell me, Scott McCall, what is the sound of the wolf who is ready to die?" The nogitsune taunts, not noticing Sarah beginning to wake up. Or should I say Void.

"He'd tell you, but he's not ready to die." Void shouts over to him, making her way down the stairs much to the relief of the others. She was alive. Void smirks as the arrows remove themselves from Scott's body.

"Fox fire." The nogitsune muses.

"I may be part of a Nogitsune, but it's still a fox spirit." Void smirks. They watch as the black figure raises out of Scott and back into Sarah who absorbs the darkness with ease. Scott looks at Sarah with relief, realising that she has a plan. Allison shoots an arrow into the nogitsunes head and he screams in pain. the Oni prepare themselves for a fight, the same moment that Parrish appears with Argent, Melissa, Malia and Peter. They all move towards the oni to take out the enemies.

"What is that?" The nogitsune questions, looking at the gun that Argent is using to take out the oni with ease.

"Silver, you mother fucker." he says, continuing his attack. The nogitsune disappears and Void rushes over to Eli and Derek, trying to help him out of the bonds.

"OK. Stop. Stop." Derek tells him and Eli looks at him in confusion, Void as well. "The only way we can break the bonds is with our strength combined, you, Sarah and me."

"What strength? I don't have any strength." Eli argues

"You will as a wolf. Dumbass." Void tells him, receiving confused glances. "I'm not Sarah just yet."

"We do it together." Derek tells him, ignoring that comment for now. "You're our son. You're a Hale." They both growl, their eyes glowing as they pull the restraints away, going to the others to help them out of theirs as well. Void waits, watching as the nogitsune approaches once more. Knowing this was her battle.

"Do you remember, Scott, the gift that you gave me? The bite of the alpha, the power of the werewolf." He removes his bandages to reveal a werewolf-like creature with glowing green eyes.

"You're not the only one." Void counters, gathering all of their strength to shift an unusual feeling for void as she'd never done it before.

"You're pathetic. Being on their side. You're a part of me. We belong together." The Nogitsune counters.

"Well, now I'm a part of her." Void argues back. Standing side by side with Scott as they growl, Derek and Eli join their side. All four charge towards him but they are sent to a coloured room.

"Derek, it's not real." Scott tells him.

"It's just another illusion." Void speaks, trying to figure out how to break free.

"Dad?" Eli asks. "Mom?"

"Eli? Eli, can you hear me?" Derek shouts.

"Yeah. Yeah, I can hear you." Eli says with a chuckle.

Then the nogitsune appears out of nowhere, attacking each of them individually but disappearing before they can get any hits on him. But Void managed to get a few good hits on him.

"Harris had his chance. Now it's my turn, my revenge. I'm going to kill them all, starting with this child right here." The nogitsunes voice was loud as it boomed across the dark room

"You wanna kill someone, start with me!" Void shouts, continuing to dodge his hits.

"We can't fight him alone. He's too strong. We have to break the illusion. We have to catch him." Scott tells them 

"You can't catch me. You can't kill me. You can't even find me." The nogitsune taunts.

"You're right. We can't find you... but we can find each other." Void reveals.

"A wolf howls to signal its pack." Derek realises

"What about a werewolf?" Eli questions

"A werewolf roars." Scott tells them, and all of them let out a roar. Void heads off to the direction of the roar and finds that Scott, Derek and Eli had the Nogitsune pinned so she sweeps in and swipes her claws across his face. each of them took turns fighting him until they ended up on the nemeton. Void pushes Eli, Derek and Scott away from the two of them, not wanting them to get hurt in the crossfire.

"If I go down, you go down with me." The nogitsune muses, looking at void who simply smirks at the man.

"That's fine with me." Void smiles, grabbing the nogitsune in her hold as Parrish rushes up to them, using his fire to set him alight. Derek and Eli watch on in horror as Void clings onto the nogitsune. "Parrish, light this fucker up." Void smirks, watching the hesitance before he ultimately agrees, beginning to set it on fire. All of them set alight. She locks eyes with Derek and Eli and they watch as her eyes go from a dark cobalt blue to a glowing yellow and then finally to a fiery red. She gets flown back as the fire settles down, the nogitsune gone. Gone from both of them. Derek and Eli rush over to Sarah who lies on the ground unconscious, slightly scarred from the fire but they let out a sigh of relief when they hear a heartbeat. The next thing they knew, they were on the lacrosse field once more. Peter rushes over to join them, checking on the girl he considers a part of his family, slightly relieved when he sees the happy expression on his nephew's face.

"Her eyes." Eli mutters. "What happened with her eyes?"

"I don't know." Derek shakes his head, unable to answer.

"What happened?" Scott and Peter ask in unison.

"They went from blue to yellow to Red." Eli reveals.

"The blue was the nogitsune." Deaton tells them. "The nogitsune inside her sacrificed itself to beat the other one. Her eyes turned yellow when it left because technically she hasn't taken an innocent life, as for the red.." He trails off unable to answer.

"Mine changed because of a sheer force of will, what if hers was the same?" Scott wonders and Deaton freezes.

"It's never been heard of. Two true alphas living at the same time." Deaton responds.

"Guess I'm special." Sarah coughs as she begins to sit up, looking at her son and pulling him into a hug. "I'm so proud of you." Derek joins the hug and pulls them closer, not knowing what he would have done if he lost his family. Luckily it was something they didn't have to think about again.

<<<~~~>>>

Sarah smiles as she finishes putting up the decorations, all of the balloons and banners. Let's not forget the cake, Stiles would kill her if she forgot the cake. She looks at the scene in front of her, living in the moment as she watches her pack back together once more. This time for a more happy subject. Sarah continues to make herself busy before she sees the look her husband was giving her.

"I told you to rest." He demanded. "I told you I would sort the baby shower while you relaxed." He begins to push her out into the party, smiles from their guests as they watch the loving couple together. Stiles sat at her table with their dad, Eli and Lydia whilst Scott sat with Allison, Argent and Melissa.

Their family was complete and Sarah knew that this was the best life she could have asked for.

"So how does it feel to be an alpha?" Stiles questions, the second that she takes a seat at the table. "Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you're all alive and all that, but you could have at least called. Like not even Lydia told me. This is like Gerard part 2." 

"You were off on a case, I didn't want to worry you." Lydia argues, playfully punching his shoulder.

"Still wouldn't have hurt to be invited." He mumbles out offended. Sarah smiled at them and stood up as she tapped her glass, making a small speech to all of them.

"We don't get many times like these. Whether it's fighting off evil alphas or dark spirits, we always find a way back to each other." Sarah lets out a small chuckle as she looks at Allison. "Even through death, it seems like it hasn't stopped any of us." Peter smirks at this. "And while these traumatic things have happened, they've brought us closer together. We've found relationships, friends, and family with each other and I wouldn't wish for anything different. Thank you all for being here, it's good to see that a massive danger isn't what brought us together this time."

"Didn't bring me here the last time." Stiles mutters bitterly, shutting up when he gets a glare from Lydia.

Sarah sent him a small glare before continuing. "And this time it's a good thing that's brought us back. Derek and I are giving Eli a sibling."

"Do we get to know what gender it is yet?" Eli asks optimistically, he has been looking forward to finding out ever since they told him.

"It's a girl." Derek smiles, wrapping his arm around her waist. "Talia Claudia Hale." The pack pauses at the name, Peter looks as if he's going to cry at the mention of his dead sister whilst Stilinski smiles at his daughter, loving how far she's come as a person and as a mother.

Nothing could ruin this moment, absolutely nothing. And the pack made sure to stick together this time. They separated the first time, but Sarah made sure that they weren't going anywhere this time.

They were a pack. They were family.

A/N: AND THAT IS THE END!!!!

Thank you so much for reading and I appreciate your patience. This was a little lockdown project and I thought that you guys at least deserved an ending with the movie. (Also I couldn't kill off Derek).

I hope you all enjoyed :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 38 30
Quinn, Scott, and Stiles have been friends forever. Stiles always thought The Lydia Martin was his soulmate. But when Quinn starts acting different S...
405K 7.6K 17
The Sheriff's Daughter (a Jordan Parrish fan fiction) Warning: DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT read unless you're up to Season 4 of Teen Wolf. BIG SPOILE...
13.2K 329 23
stiles stilinski fan fiction "You know I honestly think you are incapable of using your brain?" "I can't tell if you're flirting with me right now."...
176K 4.1K 94
"You fell in love with the feeling. But you didnt fall in love with me." She was the confident girl, he was the awkward boy. Could it be anymore obv...