Incarnation of Red (TCF/TBOAH)

By abistmpst

The unknown beings had entered their slumber since the day of the first conflict between the Divine race and... More

Author's Note
Chapter 00
Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 09
Chapter 10

Chapter 08

860 61 0
By abistmpst

"Wow! So fancy!"

Raon, Ohn, and Hong, who were now in their human forms, were eagerly glancing around the room, which was wider and more luxurious than the ones in the inns they had been in throughout their journey. 

Still full of vigor, not even the slightest hint of exhaustion can be seen after yesterday's meeting with the noble and the excommunicated priestess.

As for their guardian, without even pausing to take a look at his surroundings, he immediately slouched down on the couch, evident of a lack of sleep in his eyes as if he hadn't taken enough rest.

Sitting next to him was Wynter, also in the same predicament. Drain of energy, and still not used to her current state of her body, while keeping the same pace with the kids.

"My lord, if you continued to sit like that, your suit would be creased. That also applies to you, young miss. You'll ruin your clothes."

"I could care less."

"...want to sleep."

Both responded at the same time, prompting Liam to convey his sympathy to the two.

Most of the time, these two will be left in bed as the others get ready for the day.

However, today is of utmost importance. 

Surprisingly, even in the midst of his hectic schedule, His Majesty Zed Crossman, the reigning ruler of the Roan Kingdom, had subtly granted them the opportunity for a meeting.

Though, as a servant, he shouldn't question his master's acts, even if they were loaded with questionable ones, Liam couldn't help but be intrigued by what was written for the king to return a respond to his correspondence with the help one of his personal knights, who normally hid in the king's shadows.

The butler tilts his head and casts a glance in the direction of the redhead, who was about to nod off while resting his chin in his knuckles.

'Why does it appear that the young lord looks more worn out than usual?'

"Liam."

As the noble's tired voice abruptly erupted, jolting him out of his reverie, he flinched but immediately recovered his calm.

"Is there anything you need, Lord Cale?" 

 The butler instantly understood what was going on and moved near the man to mend his shriveled clothing as Cale slowly rose up and raised his arms halfway.

'He's coming.'

Heightened perception was one of the traits he received as a result of his pact with the white owl.

Because of this, he has a natural ability to perceive everything that is going on around the king's palace, making it impossible for him to miss anything that even the knights hiding throughout the vicinity cannot keep hidden from his senses.

'Only one person is trailing him. Is he that confident?'

His flawless face was marred with a frown as he peered behind the door, where he could make out two people, the latter of whom was shrouded in some sort of sorcery that entirely concealed his presence.

"Hong, Ohn, and Raon, come over here. Wynter, you can rest later and stand by my side."

The children gravitated toward the noble right away, and the girl with the locks of falling snow was unwilling to get up from the solace she had found on the couch.

Unfortunately, she was dragged up by her ravenette twin without even putting up a fight, and the oldest of the known kids immediately tidied up the clothes of the 'younger' girl.

- Why do we even have to bother to do this. 

The white owl inwardly grumbled, which connected to the mind of the redhead noble. 

'Keep with me for a moment, even though I also don't want to do this. We can't let this opportunity pass us by.'

- I think I know you well enough to know that you wouldn't be inclined to go through such unnecessary formalities. Unless you, mortal, intend to deceive them with the notion that you are courteous and gain something valuable from them, like the favored child of death and that friend of hers.

 '...' 

 Cale didn't respond. Nothing can be done to refute the white owl's statements, as everything she claimed was spot-on.

He could turn into the most honorable man you'll ever meet, or he might wind up being a jerk who is despised by most people, depending on the people and situations he faced.

He did, after all, manage to trick everyone by acting like trash. 

What an excellent actor he is.

Depending on how they are understood and how many people would logically assume the information is accurate, many people may alter stories and rumors.

And if, during a period of crisis, people in a desperate condition will likely be targeted by those who have come to assert their property and power.

Because of this, he periodically saw absolute destruction in the majority of the events he experienced in his former life.

On the contrary, he was grateful that he had been able to experience a serene life before this one, even though it had been chaotic in some other way.

As of now, Cale decided to speak to one of those who holds the most influential position on the continent in order to ensure a smooth and trouble-free voyage, so he has no other choice but to go down this road to squander time conversing with the king.

To avoid such a pointless obstacle on his route, he will effectively use Zed Crossman as a barricade.

He is deeply grateful for the royal connection on his maternal side.

- Someone is at the door, human.

- He is here.

Once the twins suddenly spoke in his head, Cale immediately straightened himself and gazed through the door as it opened.

Stepping inside the room, with blonde hair that shimmers like the sun and eyes that are the same shade as a clear sky, it was said to be the features of the blessings of the Sun God.

At long last, Zed Crossman had come.

"I greet-"

Cale was ready to greet the king and offer a lengthy monologue of praise when the king lifted his hand and stopped him.

"Such formalities are unnecessary. You probably wouldn't mind it either."

"I appreciate your consideration, 'uncle'."

Pretending not to hear someone choke behind him, he smiled at the royal, who had been observing him from the time he walked into the room.

The king looked intently at the young man before him, nodding and smiling amusingly.

"It seems you are doing well, contrary to the stories I heard. And who are these younglings?"

His blue eyes shifted across to the children who were standing on either side of him, a hint of wonder in his eyes as they met his with an unblinking gaze.

"I can't yet properly introduce them to you, but there are my children."

"Is it related to the contents of the letter you sent?"

"Yes, uncle."

"How audacious of you to make such demands as though you were giving orders to a king. Are you not concerned about the implications of your request?"

"I wouldn't mind even if you declined it. But I doubt His Majesty would allow it to reach the point where another red was required."

As he spoke, Cale gestured towards the butler standing behind him.

"..."

Zed Crossman didn't speak. His eyes flashed with some unknown emotion as he turned to look at the man standing behind Jour's son.

"You... have your own way of saying things."

"I heard that a lot."

'At least from my previous incarnations.'

He gave Hong, who had been quietly listening to them along with others, a gentle stroke on the head.

The butler, in the meantime, just stood there perplexedly staring at them.

Given how casually they converse with one another, they appear to have known each other for a very long time.

However, why does it seem as though his master is threatening the king?

'It's going to be okay, right?'

***

"It appears he has finally made a choice."

As he stepped close to the window, Zed mumbled softly. He strayed his sight to the departing redhead while cradling the twins in his arms while the man's butler carefully watched the other two toddling after the noble as they were being led covertly out of his palace by one of his servants.

"Your Majesty, are you certain about this choice?"

Soon after emerging from behind the king, a man with a veil covering his face spoke suddenly.

"It seems it would be more acceptable to get the count's approval before approving the validity of their documents."

"Even if we do, things would get more difficult if Deruth got involved given that his child is already anticipated to return at the end of the year."

He had received reports that the county's knights had been entirely crushed by a lone red-haired man who stormed the Henituse territory.

After a few days, the same man reappeared in his office without notice, delivering the Patriarch's words that the entire clan was anticipating Cale's arrival in their homeland by the end of the year.

'They really can't do anything at bare minimum level.'

He inwardly groaned as a sudden memory resurfaced.

Zed sighed as he watched them disappear from a distance. He turned his body around with his hands behind his back as a shadow cast his image.

"On the other hand, based on the information he provided, I believe the exchange is appropriate."

He caught a glimpse of a piece of paper with a sketch of the entire plaza and red circles marking different places, as well as another piece of paper with thorough explanation.

There's a possibility that the information written there is unfounded. But from what he's seen, if it's something this serious, the whole clan won't utter nonsense. 

What a strange group of people that the king felt compelled to believe in.

'I wonder how the head of the clan will react to this news.'

As he imagined the old man's astonishment upon learning that their little redhead prince had grown enough to start a family, a soft smile slowly spread across his face.

Returning to his stoic expression, Zed turned to face the man and handed the map to him. 

"Investigate the locations right away and increase the security. Maintain silence throughout. We don't want to alarm such unwelcome guests."

The man bowed his head and got down on his knees.

"Understood, Your Majesty."

***

"Lord Cale!"

Liam out of nowhere shouted as he abruptly open the door and only to be greeted by his master sitting in the middle of the room with his eyes closed while emanating a cold energy around him.

At the side, Ohn, Hong, and Raon can be seen busily drawing in their sketchpads that their guardian brought for them, while Wynter rested her head in the shoulder of the younger red boy as she take a nap.

But everyone soon got interrupted by the butler's howl as the sleeping girl jolted awake, and the rest of the children looked at Liam confusedly.

"What's all the fuss about?"

The redhead questioned him as he dispersed the icy air around him, plainly irritated at being interrupted.

The butler breathed a sigh of relief and cleared his throat before speaking, abandoning the notion that his master might instantly freeze him to solidity.

"Ahem! I apologize for my sudden outburst. However, it appears there has been a sudden change of plans, milord.

"What do you mean?"

Liam continued to speak, his voice growing drier by the second, while maintaining eye contact with his lord.

"I think His Excellency is starting to get... impatient."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.2K 2.1K 13
It was supposed to be a fine morning as usual after the war with the white star and the sealed god however that particular peace was broken once agai...
29.8K 2.3K 10
Billos Flynn. Nobody suspected him to be one of the hunters that are after the redhead hero's life. They trusted him, and so did Cale. What Cale expe...
56.2K 2.9K 96
Cover created by @LuvLaws. Please check them out! They say that the red thread of Fate binds all, but each thread is made of more threads, interlink...
135K 9.1K 63
A fanfiction for Lout of the Count's Family written by Yu Ryeo Han. I do not own the Lout of the Count's Family. This is just a FANFICTION. Note: Thi...