Mia

By Luchitina1806

Mia Johnson was raised almost single-handedly by her mother after being abandoned by her father at the age of... More

Chapter One: My Story.
Chapter Three: Blind Dates II
Chapter Four:"Let me figure this out on my own."
Chapter Five:Jace Harris.
Quick Introduction of characters.
Chapter Six: Tutoring.
Chapter Seven: "Tougher than normal"
Chapter Eight: Spring Break!!
Chapter Nine: Spring Break!! II
Chapter Ten: Movie Night.
Chapter Eleven: The Walk.
Chapter Twelve: "I know you love her"
Chapter Fourteen: Going out.
Chapter Fifteen:"What's wrong with Jace?"
Chapter Sixteen:"I didn't want that"
Chapter Thirteen:"I nailed the tests!"
Chapter Seventeen:"Tell her the fucking truth!"
Chapter Eighteen: Talking to Sleep.
Chapter Nineteen: Stupid Drama.
Chapter Twenty:"...Stop Meddling..."
Chapter Twenty-one: Cold and Meaner.
Chapter Twenty-two:"It's......"
Chapter Twenty-three:"The tension...."
Chapter Twenty-four:"We almost...."
Chapter Twenty-five:"How do you know...."
Chapter Twenty-six:"I'll prove to you....."
Chapter Twenty-seven: A Yes.
Chapter Twenty-eight:"....you've got me"
Chapter Twenty-nine: First Official Date.
Chapter Thirty: Apartment Party.
Chapter Thirty-one: Apartment Party II
Chapter Thirty-two:"I'll always....."
Chapter Thirty-three: Freaking Out.
Chapter Thirty-four: Exams and Summer.
Chapter Thirty-five: End of Semester Party.
Chapter Thirty-six: Seventeen calls....Eleven texts.
Chapter Thirty-seven: Misunderstanding.
Chapter Thirty-eight: The Truth.
Chapter Thirty-nine: Betrayal.
Chapter Forty: Decent Conversation.
Chapter Forty-one:"She's left......"
Chapter Forty-two: Home Sweet Home.
Chapter Forty-three:"Your father......"
Chapter Forty-four:"....are you willing to wait...."
Bonus Chapter: Michelle.
Bonus Chapter: Amber.
Chapter Forty-five:"How was the dinner....."
Chapter Forty-six: Chat with Mr. Richards.
Chapter Forty-seven: Engagement and birthday party.
Chapter Forty-eight: Engagement and birthday party II
Chapter Forty-nine:"You're staying here."
Chapter Fifty:"....please, take good care of Mia...."
Chapter Fifty-one: BTE (Best Trio Ever).
Chapter Fifty-two: Mia and Jace.
Author's note.

Chapter Two: Blind Dates.

87 7 0
By Luchitina1806

"Gosh, my head hurts so much" Amber says with her hand on her forehead.

"How much did I drink? I've puked like five times this morning." Michelle says walking to the couch where Amber is sitting, with her hand clutched to the stomach.

"You guys drank so much and Michelle, you puked like four times
yesterday before we got home. Thanks a lot for messing up the car and Amber was pulling at my new braids. Thanks for that too." I say sarcastically as I make our cups of coffee.

"I'm sorry. Did it hurt?" Amber asks.

"No, not at all. I mean how can pulling at someone's hair hurt" I say.

"You're being sarcastic, right?" Amber asks rhetorically.

"Probably" I reply.

"Did I say something weird when I was drunk?" Michelle asks.

"Nope, you didn't....yes of course. You say a lot of things when you are drunk and so does Amber." I say.

"What did I say?" Michelle asks curiously.

"Umm.....let's see "oh my God, Mia, you look exceptionally beautiful tonight......I could totally kiss you....she looks madly attractive tonight" I say.

"Oh God, is that all?" Michelle asks.

"Girl, why are you asking so much questions?" Amber asks.

"Did I say something else?" Michelle asks ignoring Amber's question.

"Not the one I could hear, you guys were talking gibberish and you tried to kiss me." I say, carrying three cups of coffee to the living room where Amber and Michelle are seated.

"I did?" Michelle asks wide-eyed.

"Yes, you did" I say handing her and Amber their cups of coffee.

"I really drank a lot yesterday" Michelle says.

"Thanks for the coffee, Mia." Amber says.

"You're welcome" I say sipping my coffee.

"So Mia, did you find a guy?.....you didn't, did you?" Amber asks.

"No I didn't" I say sincerely.

"Why?" Michelle asks.

"I didn't want to" I reply.

"Girl, what's wrong with you? How much longer do we have to drag you to parties just so you could get a guy to date or to hook up with?" Amber asks.

"And how much longer am I gonna keep driving your drunk asses home?" I ask rhetorically.

"Maybe till you finally loosen up and get yourself a guy" Michelle says sipping her coffee.

"I told you guys that I can't do this stuff. I'm not interested in dating or hooking up" I say.

"Are you even a human being? Gosh!" Michelle says.

"Nope, a human anatomy book." I say sarcastically.

Michelle rolls her eyes at me.

"Mia, come on. This may not look serious but it's serious." Amber says.

"Do you know what's serious? The way you guys drink. Your drinking habit sucks and I'm tired of always dragging you guys out of the party, dragging you guys to the car and then dragging you guys to bed because you are so wasted." I say.
Literally complaining though.

"Stop making it sound like it's your job to get us home when we're drunk." Michelle says.

"If not me then who will do it?Why do you think I still follow you guys to these dumb parties?" I ask.

"It wasn't a dumb party, it was an end of semester party. It's literally where you go to have fun after a strenuous semester, don't you get it?" Amber says.

"Any party like that is a dumb party to me." I say.

"So are you trying to say that you attend those "dumb parties" to drive us home drunk?" Michelle asks.

"Of course, you guys always get drunk and I don't 'cause I don't drink so I'm the only one who can drive you guys back safely." I say.

"We have boyfriends that are capable of driving us home" Michelle says.

"Hahaha, the drunk driving the drunk....very funny. You should've just told me that you've always wanted to go on a suicide mission." I say sarcastically.

"Gosh, her sarcasm is killing me." Michelle mumbles.

"But seriously Mia, when are you gonna give yourself a chance to have fun?" Amber asks rhetorically.

"I'm having fun, I always have fun with my books, my phone, my laptop......."

"Can you stop already? I know that you know what she means by having fun." Michelle interrupts me.

"I don't see dating as fun." I say.

"Then what do you see as fun, studying and watching movies?" Michelle says.

"Exactly" I say.

"Mia, you need to loosen up a bit.....you've to. Don't you feel odd about being a 19 year old virgin?" Amber asks.

"You do realize that 30 years old virgin females and probably males exist." I say.

"Their case maybe different from yours." Amber says.

"How different, huh?" I ask rhetorically.

"Maybe they have good reasons......"

"So I don't have good reasons......."

"What good reasons do you have......oh lemme guess.....the dumb advice your mom gave you like centuries ago? "Michelle asks.

"Maybe....."

"Maybe? maybe? Mia, don't bring your mom's advice into this, you're the one holding yourself back from these things and you're trying to blame on that dumb advice." Michelle says.

She may have a point though.

"Michelle has just made a good point, you know." Amber says.

"I don't know, I'm just not interested in stuffs like that." I say.

"You should've just joined a convent or something. That way you'll perfectly live by your mom's advice." Michelle says.

"Michelle, aren't you being so cold this morning?" Amber asks.

"Nope, I'm not. This isn't being cold" Michelle says and I roll my eyes.

"I'm just tired of attending these parties. I hate parties." I say.

"We'll keep taking you to those parties you hate till you achieve something positive." Michelle says.

"By "something positive" you mean dating" I say.

"You don't even need to date, just hook up to show that you're perfectly normal." Michelle says.

"So wait....I'm not normal because I don't hook up?" I say.

"Yeah, you don't seem normal to me. You don't react to romantic movies, you never crush on people. Seriously, what are you?" Michelle says.

"At least I crush on celebrities." I say.

"Celebrities that you're never gonna see in real life. Mia, I'm talking about crushing on people you see every day of your life." Michelle says.

"Just because I don't crush on people I see in real life doesn't make me less normal." I say.

"Of course it makes you less normal." Michelle says.

"Okay, I'm never having a discussion about this again....."

"Guys, why do you sound like you're fighting?" Amber asks rhetorically.

"We're"
"We're not"

Michelle and I say at the same time.

"I don't care if you're or not but I've an idea." Amber says.

"What idea?" Michelle and I ask in unison.

"Since Mia hasn't achieved anything from going to parties, we should try blind dates." Amber says.

"What?!!!" I question.

"Yes, that's not a bad idea." Michelle says.

"No,no,no! I'm not going on any blind date"

"It's blind dates, with the 's' " Michelle says.

"Come on, guys......"

"Don't say another word, we're doing this." Michelle says.

"No, we're not........."

"Shuuuu, I said not another word. Amber, what's the plan?" Michelle asks.

"Umm....I'm not sure of how many she should attend, but I already have someone in mind." Amber says.

"Is the person gonna be free today?" Michelle asks.

"I'll call him and ask." Amber says.

"If he's gonna be free then Mia is gonna go for it." Michelle says.

"Helloooo, I'm still here you know."

"Yes, we do know, we're not blind." Michelle says.

"Lemme call him now, I'm putting the phone on speaker" Amber says as she dials a number from her contact list.

Are these girls seriously gonna set me up for a blind date?
Unbelievable!

I thought.

"Hello, Adrian" Amber says keeping the phone on the glass table.

"Hi, Amber,how are........"

"We should save the pleasantries for later. I called to know if you're still interested in the blind date stuff." Amber says.

"Yeah, I am"

"Count yourself lucky 'cause I've found you a date"

"Really, you did?"

"Yeah I did so when are you gonna be free?"

"I'm free today starting from 6:00pm"

"Great, you'll be meeting your date tonight by 7:00pm. I'll text you the venue"

"Oh...welll....thank you so much Amber"

"You're welcome. Now get back to work"

"Alright, bye"

"Byeeee" Amber says before ending the call.

"You're meeting your blind date at the restaurant. I'm sure Mr. Martin won't mind." Amber says.

The restaurant she means is the one we work in as part-timers. It's the most successful restaurant in the campus area.

"So, you're officially going for a blind date starting today." Michelle says.

"Starting today? What do you mean by starting today? will there be more days?" I ask wide-eyed.

"Of course, honey. We should have back ups if it doesn't work out with this Adrian dude, right Amber?"

"Yeah, totally right." Amber says.

"Come on guys, I didn't ask for this."

"In life, you get things that you don't ask for a lot." Michelle says.

"We don't even know if this Adrian guy is some kind of psycho serial killer" I say.

"Hahaha, Adrian is one of my brother's friends. He ain't no serial killer." Amber says.

"I'm not doing this."

"Yes ,you are"Amber says.

"No!"

"Yes!"

"Once I get up from here, I'm heading straight to your room, straight to your closet and I'm picking out something cute for you to wear" Michelle says.

"Guys com....."

"Naa...aah, end of discussion. Let's go pick out something nice for her, Amber."

"Sure" Amber says as she stands from the couch with Michelle.

"Thanks for the coffee, it's nice." Michelle says to me.

These girls just set me up for a blind date right before my eyes. Ohh.....I'm gonna kill them for this.

***********************************
"Your........your dress looks......good on you. It goes so......well with the jacket" Adrian says nervously after twenty minutes of sitting in silence.

Twenty minutes!!!!

All we've done before this twenty minutes is introducing ourselves and we went silent.

Oh God!! this is horrible

I had to take out my phone to reduce the boredom.

"I know, that's why it's my dress" I say without looking away from my phone.

"Ohh"

After ten minutes he says "The shoes fits you perfectly."

"They're my shoes, shouldn't they fit?"
I ask rhetorically.

"Yeah....they should....and..... your bracelet goes so well with your dress and......shoes and the......jacket....too"
He says nervously.

"I have quite a good taste in fashion." I say.

"Ohh.....I....I....see" He says, still nervously.

Why's this dude nervous? I thought guys are never nervous when it comes to things like this.

I thought

Fifteen minutes later......

"Your braids are so cool. Are they natural?" Adrian asks.

Oh, come on. Seriously?

"Of course they're natural. I wish I had seen yours when you were born." I say sarcastically.

Adrian utters no word again.

I keep playing my covet fashion game as we sit in total silence.

One eternity later........

"Your brown skin is quite a charming one. It's as if it was made for you alone........."

I interrupt.

"Dude, don't you have anything interesting to say?" I ask, totally fed up with his unnecessary compliments.

"Umm.....I'm not a really chatty person........."

I interrupt again.

"Good then, I'm out of here" I say standing up to leave the restaurant.

"But we haven't started yet." Adrian says.

We haven't started yet?
We haven't started yet?!!!!
We've been sitting here for like an hour doing absolutely nothing.
I've been sitting here for like an hour or more, listening to his dumb compliments.
What is left to do? More dumb compliments?

"I've been here, listening to the stupid compliments you make after every hour. Is that all you do when you go on a date with someone?" I ask, not expecting any answer.

"My compliments are really sincere compliments, how can you say they're stupid?"

"Because they're really stupid and unnecessary, so if you would excuse me, I've really important things to do." I turn towards the door and start walking towards it.

"But....."

I cut him off by waving my hand, not looking back.

************************************
"And he was like "your braids are so cool, are they natural?". Who the hell asks that kinda dumb question? Has he ever seen a person born with braids?" I ask furiously as I take off my towel to wear my pajamas after taking a warm bath.

Michelle and Amber are sitting on my bed, laughing at me as I complain about the wonderful date I had with the "Adrian".

"Come on guys, it's not funny." I say.

"Of course it is funny." Michelle says.

"No, it's not. Just stop laughing will you." I say.

"Ok, ok, we'll stop laughing." Amber says.

"He was acting so nervous around me. I may not know much about guys but I do know that they're never that nervous around ladies." I say.

"That's not true. Some guys get nervous when talking to really attractive women and you're pretty sexy, right Amber?" Michelle says.

"Yeah, not a lie at all." Amber says.

Attractive? sexy?
I don't even see myself as a pretty lady not to talk of attractive.
Okay, that's a lie. I've always known that I'm beautiful but I don't know for attractive......
Ok....that's a lie too.
I'm slim but curvy. Sometimes I feel like Kat Graham.
The actress that played Bonnie Bennett in "The Vampire Diaries"

God! I love that show.

I don't really like boasting of my nice figure so I choose to act like I don't know how nice it is.

"Seriously? Sexy?" I ask rhetorically.

"Yeah and you know that too" Amber says.

Of course I know.

"And he's a virgin like you so don't blame him for not knowing what to say to you" Amber adds.

"At least, he shouldn't be asking stupid questions and making stupid compliments. I thought your brother is cool, how does he have a friend like Adrian?" I ask.

"I don't know, Mia." Amber replies.

"Okay, enough discussion about the Adrian dude, let's conclude our plan for the other dates." Michelle says.

"Other dates? What do you mean by other dates?" I ask already knowing what she means by other dates.

"Well, your first blind date didn't pay off so you're going for another one and you'll keep going for blind dates till you find the right guy." Michelle says.

"Nope, I'm never going on any other date or dates. Today already defined how horrible the rest will be." I say.

"You're so going on the blind dates." Amber says.

"I'm not going."

"Too late, we've already set you up for tomorrow and you can't disappoint your date. You'll go on nineteen blind dates......"

Wait, did I just hear nineteen blind dates?
Nineteen freaking blind dates!!!!!!
WTF!!!

"I'm sorry, nine--what?" I question.

"I'm sure you heard me but I'll repeat it. Nineteen blind dates." Michelle says.

"Why do I need to see nineteen guys?"

"You don't have to go on the whole nineteen. You'll stop once you've found your right guy." Amber says.

"So, I should spend my entire winter break, going for blind dates? Even Christmas?" I ask.

"Technically, that's what it means. It's so nice that Mr. Martin gave us break too." Michelle says.

I walk towards my bed and lazily jump on it.

"You guys should've just killed instead of sending me off to suffer." I say.

"You mean sending you off to a wonderful path of discovery." Michelle says.

"Path of discovery my foot. How is this a path of discovery?" I ask.

"It's an opportunity to discover yourself, your sexuality, your taste, your likes." Amber says.

Oh right, sexuality.

"I don't have a sexuality and I already know the things I like." I say.

"Are you a statue or a log of wood that you don't have a sexuality?" Michelle asks rhetorically.

"Isn't it better to be either of them, at least I wouldn't have to suffer like this."

"Don't say you don't have a sexuality, just say you're yet to discover it." Amber says.

"Fine"

"You're meeting your date tommorow by 6:30pm, the same venue." Michelle says.

"I should've just gone to Boston like I wanted to." I grunt.

"But you didn't go. Believe it or not Mia, this is a great opportunity for you. You don't have to spend your break just studying, watching movies and other stuffs you normally do. It's time to change your schedule a little bit." Michelle says.

I hate to admit it but Michelle is right. I have to try to do things other than just the ones I normally do.

"Fine, I've heard. Blind dates, here I come." I say.

"That's my girl." Amber says and playfully touches my cheeks.

"So, we'll let you sleep and we'll be back tomorrow to help you pick out an outfit."Michelle says.

"Okay, go ahead. Good night, girls." I say.

"Good night, Mia." They say in unison and leave my room.

So it's official, I'm going on blind dates.

God help me.

-------------

Hey readers,

This chapter seems lengthy too.

I guess I couldn't help it.

I'm sorry if you find this book boring so far but it will get better with time.

Let me know of your opinion about this chapter.

Please don't forget to vote and comment.

See ya.

✌️✌️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76 0 9
Morgan is going back to school, again. Studying to be a chef specializing in confectionery, Morgan's had an eventful and tumultuous start to life. Ev...
20 5 4
Sebastian is a nineteen year old, who tries to hide his bisexuality from everyone, but everything changes for him after a certain party and a boy nam...
235K 10.4K 54
Mia Hill. College bound with an athletic scholarship. A go-getter with big dreams and a fully thought out plan to make sure they come true. But with...
2.9K 54 11
Mia Monroe is 19. She has everything she wants: a boyfriend, loads of money, and friends. But she doesn't love her boyfriend. When her Dad's best fri...