π‚π‡π„π‘π‘π˜ π…π‹π€π•πŽπ”π‘π„...

By klem_any

β€žwill you fill these reports or are you going to keep staring at me? - i'd rather stare at you." Marilyn's br... More

β€’ π‚π‡π„π‘π‘π˜ π…π‹π€π•πŽπ”π‘π„πƒ π‚πˆπ†π€π‘π„π“π’
β€’ π’πŽππ†π’
β€’ prologue.
β€’ 01.
β€’ 02.
β€’ 03.
β€’ 04.
β€’ 05.
β€’ 06.
β€’ 07.
β€’ 08.
β€’ 09.
β€’ 10.
β€’ 11.
β€’ 12.
β€’ 13.
β€’ 14.
β€’ 15.
β€’ 16.
β€’ 17.
β€’ 18.
β€’ 19.
β€’ 20.
β€’ 21.
β€’ 22.
β€’ 23.
β€’ 24.
β€’ 25.
β€’ 26.
β€’ 27.
β€’ 28.
β€’ 29.
β€’ 30.
β€’ 31.
β€’ 32.
β€’ 33.
β€’ 34.
β€’ 35.
β€’ 36.
β€’ 37.
β€’ 38.
β€’ 39.
β€’ 41.
β€’ 42.
β€’ 43.
β€’ 44.
β€’ 45.
β€’ 46.
β€’ 47.
β€’ acknowledgements.

β€’ 40.

1.3K 63 185
By klem_any

༺♥༻

The dress is perfect, my hair is perfect, the makeup is on point, everything is going according to plan and it better stay that way. The dress is just a little tight around my boobs, like Miguel predicted, but it'll be fine. (You can find the dress in the media!!)

Miguel texted me a few seconds before to tell me he is waiting for me outside. I quickly grab my purse, my phone and my cherry cigarettes pack before leaving my apartment. I climb down the stairs and step out of the building to find Miguel's car in front of me and him leaning against it, his hands buried into his pants' pockets.

And oh my God.

He looks so good, he is wearing a black suit with a white shirt and a black bow tie. I love the way this suit makes him look so much muscular than he already is. I can't believe he is my man. I get crazy just thinking about it, it's insane. And his hair is messy, he is wearing his earring and some silver rings. I might faint.

He looks up at me, meets my gaze and checks me out before licking his lips as he smirks. I giggle before making a little twirl as my hand slides on my hip. He chuckles before speaking up.

"You look absolutely beautiful, love." He tells me before pulling himself off the car.

"Thank you!" I say joyful with a genuine smile on my lips.

I walk to him in an excited way, looking like a little kid. His arm wraps around my waist to pull me closer to his body as my arms wrap around his neck to kiss him. We're looking so good.

"You look perfect too." A whisper escapes my lips between some kisses.

He simply chuckles as a response as I step back. He opens the door for me like the gentleman he is. He closes the door and walks around the car to get in it. He rests his hands on the wheel before looking down at my breast. He raises his eyebrows with a smirk before speaking up.

"Told you they wouldn't fit." He tells me, looking back up into my eyes.

"Come on, they do fit!" I say with an eye roll.

"Yes they do but tonight they don't because Liam will be there." He says.

He starts the engine as a laugh escapes my lips. This is cute, he is protective and kind of possessive which is also extremely hot.

"Who cares? You get to touch them, not him." I shrug.

He raises one eyebrow in confusion before starting to drive off.

"That sounded so cringe coming out of your mouth." He tells me.

"Good, so you know how it feels when you make cringe jokes over texts."

"My jokes are very funny." He tells me, and it's hard to believe it.

And after a good hour, we finally arrive in front of the house. The house I grew up in, and I want to stay in the car and go back home just by facing this huge house that only brings up bad memories. Not a single good one. But there is no turning back now, I have to get in that house.

I will put a smile on my face and go in there with my boyfriend to try and have a good night. But something is telling me this will go very wrong.

"Are you okay?" Miguel asks me, noticing I was away.

I jump in surprise before turning to him, my eyes meet his as I feel his hand on mine in a reassuring way. I try and smile at him before speaking up.

"Yeah, I am alright."

And we both get out of the car, and I know there will be so many people here, writers, movie producers and directors, business families, probably political men and also media. I try to chase the anxiety away as we walk to the door, and it's wide open with security guards who smile at us.

And I suddenly see a familiar figure walking in front of me with a fresh out of the oven cake, running for her life. A smile appears on my lips as I recognize Margaery.

"Margaery?" I call her.

She turns to me with widened eyes before wiping the sweat away her forehead. She gasps when she recognizes me, she smiles and excitedly walks to me.

"Marilyn! Oh what a delight, my dear! I thought you wouldn't come!" She tells me, putting the cake on a table.

She hugs me tight, my arms wrap around her. Margaery is my parents' maid, she basically raised me and Robert. She is the one who gave me that letter that said Robert was murdered. The memories I have with her are all joyful, she is the sun rays on a rainy day.

"Well you know... My mom begged me, I couldn't refuse." I tell her as she backs away and finally takes a look at Miguel.

He immediately and politely smiles at her as she gasps, her eyes widen and there is no need for me to tell her who he is to me, that is obvious.

"And who is this handsome man you brought with you?" She asks me.

"Miguel, my boyfriend." I answer, and it's weirdly pleasing to call him my boyfriend to other people.

"Hello ma'am, it's nice meeting you." He smiles.

Her nose scrunches and I can tell she already likes him, more than Liam. She never really liked Liam.

"My pleasure! Please come, come! The party is happening in the reception room!" She drags us with her, "I told your father it would be wiser to make it in the living room but he wanted something bigger and more luxurious." She tells me.

And she probably just described my father in only a few words. A man who is always aiming for the better. He wants more and more.

And we arrive in the reception room and there is already so many people. I press my lips together in an anxious way as my hand anxiously wraps around Miguel's muscular arm, slightly squeezing it.

"Oh, no! I forgot the cake," Margaery turns to us, "I have to run, have a good time lovebirds." She tells us before leaving.

A chuckle escapes my lips as I watch her leaving, a waiter passes by and Miguel grabs two glasses of champagne, I turn to him as he hands me one glass that I gladly take.

"Your parents' maid? Right?" He asks about Margaery.

"Yep, for like twenty five years." I say before taking a sip of champagne, "They hired her after my brother's birth because they didn't have enough time to take care of him, so she raised us."

It feels weird to talk about this side of my life to Miguel when I have never told anything about this to anyone before, except for Liam and Alysha.

"She made a good job." He tells me, looking at me with a smile.

I simply chuckle before looking away, feeling my cheeks flushing. But a nightmare is suddenly walking to us, I widen my eyes as a shiver runs down my spine, oh no. Not now, please. I don't want to confront my parents now, can't this wait a little?

"Isn't that your parents right there? Walking to us?" He asks me.

"Yeah it's them." I say anxiously.

I take a deep and long breath before putting on the fakest smile ever on my face as I fully turn to them, meeting their gaze. My mother is wearing a dark green dress and my father is simply wearing a green suit.

"Marilyn! Honey!" My mother exclaims.

Oh, God. I didn't expect to deal with them so early. I can already feel the hypocrisy in her words and in my father's smile. My mother's arms open to hug me and I give in, not wanting to appear dry. My eyes meet my father's but he quickly looks away to stare at Miguel, and his eyebrows raise, I step back and look at Miguel, he smiles at my parents.

"Hi mom, hello dad..." The words come out flawlessly.

"I have missed you a lot." My mother says.

But my father doesn't say a thing. And God I hate how he is ignoring me, he wanted me here. He wanted me to come to his stupid party for his book and he is going to ignore me all night? Great. Fucking great, I hate him so much. Why is he even ignoring me? What did I do? I am the one who should be mad at them and ignoring my parents but I am not because I am a mature woman and I can put aside our issues to support my family no matter what happens. Can't he do the same? Because if he isn't going to make any efforts, then I don't see why I should.

"Yeah, me too." I put on a smile, the truth is I didn't miss them.

"Margaery couldn't wait to see you again! Right, love?" She asks turning to my father.

My father looks away from Miguel before blinking a several times, but he isn't going to look at me. He is looking at mom.

"Uh, yeah." He says.

"Yeah, we saw her earlier." I say.

And the "we" that just got out of my mouth hits my mom, and she finally realizes I didn't come alone. And she wished I came with Liam, and thank God it didn't happen. Her smile fades away when she sees Miguel, and anxiety takes over me, it is time to introduce people to one another.

"Miguel, these are my parents. Mom, Dad, this is Miguel, my boyfriend." I whisper with a smile as I wrap my hand around his arm, slightly squeezing it.

"Hello, it's so nice meeting you." Miguel says with a genuine smile.

He is perfect. And I hope my parents will see it as much as I do, but I know this is an impossible scenario. If they won't see him as my soul does, then it's alright. We won't need them anyway. Blessings are not as trendy as before.

"Woah, what a delight!" My mother says.

Mom is very pleasant and socializing, and on the other hand, my father stays quiet and barely makes eye contacts. What is wrong with him? Is it Miguel? He started acting like that since he saw him with me, what's the problem? Would he rather see me with a racist white straight guy here?

"I am a big fan by the way, I have seen a lot of your movies," he starts, turning to my mom before finally turning to my dad, "and read some of your books."

Miguel read some of my father's books? Woah, I didn't know that. I swear I didn't even see any of my father's book at his place. Miguel seeing some of my mother's movies don't surprise me though.

"Really? What's your favourite?" My father finally talks, and it's not even to greet me. But I am glad he is talking to Miguel.

"Sorrows, definitely. Loved the plot twist." He tells him.

"Yeah, I wrote that one when Marilyn was still learning how to count." My father says with a chuckle as he finally looks at me.

I force a chuckle and Miguel slightly giggles. My father takes a sip of champagne as I can see some photographers taking pictures of my father and mother. It's weird they invited so many people from the media. I only feel like we're a bunch of influencers instead of a business family. Both are disgusting and repulsing.

"What do you do for a living?" My father asks.

This is the type of question a lower-class family asks their future son-in-law to make sure he will treat their daughter right. He asks this as if my net worth wasn't almost 500 millions.

"I am a science teacher." Miguel answers.

"Mhm, interesting..." My father raises his eyebrows.

And silence is now reigning between all of us. I awkwardly press my lips together as my mother clears her throat and her eyes suddenly widen.

"Oh, look who's here! Our favourite political family!" My mother exclaims.

She grabs my father by the arm as she drags him with her, I widen my eyes and spin around as Miguel does the same. He quickly recognizes my dearest ex-boyfriend, Liam, with his parents. I don't even try to hide how annoyed I am, my eyes roll as I grumble. Miguel turns to me with a chuckle.

"Don't you just want to head home and just fuck the night away with me?" I ask with a smile as I look up at him.

"You're the one who dragged me here, so we're going to stay here. And I thought you were on your period." He tells me.

"Surprisingly I don't have them anymore since yesterday night..." I say with a smirk as I take a sip of champagne, his eyes still meeting mine.

His tongue meets his inner cheek, making a bump appear. Oh, he looks hot. So damn hot, and that suit is not helping. He looks away with a chuckle as I see his Adam apple slightly moving.

"God, don't look at me like that. And you can't say that to me after I just met your parents." He tells me.

"Yeah? Well I am." I say with a shrug.

"Let's stay here a little more and we'll see about the rest later." He suggests. And I like the idea.

author's note
they're sooo goals omg

what are your thoughts on this chapter?:)

dont forget to leave a vote if you liked it!<3

xo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 146 15
❝When I think, I think of you, when I look, I want to look at you. I am crazy about you, even if it seems to become an obsession.❞ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
16.8K 589 24
(Hobie X Reader) [COMPLETED] y/n y/l/n, was a normal girl until she got bit by a radioactive spider and...well you heard that story a probably a mill...
8K 675 38
Esmerelda Costello, a dancer with dreams of being in the nation's top ballet company, has everything going great for her. A loving family, a dashing...
5.1K 109 13
Wander was living a mostly peaceful life in Mexico. She cared for her grandmother until she passed away and laid low for the most part until she was...