• 01.

༺♥༻

My alarm clock wakes me up. And I wish I've had more sleep. My room is plunged in the dark, a heavy sigh escapes from my lips as I straighten up and get out of my bed. I open my curtains and face this breathtaking New York view. I live in a pretty luxurious apartment near Central Park. At West 53rd Street. Life is good as long as you have money. My father is an author, he writes horror stories and my mother is a film producer. So me and my brother always grew up wealthy. My brother used to be a business man before he died. We never really knew what he used to sell and I never cared about it just as long as he had money. Maybe I should have cared.

I sigh before grabbing some clothes and heading to the bathroom. I take a hot shower and dress up, I put on a simple white lace top with a blue jean and black and white sneakers. I do my hair real quick, tie them up with a hair clip before brushing my teeth and leaving the bathroom. I head to my living room. This room is pretty luminous and huge. The bay window is probably my favourite thing about this apartment. Sometimes, I like to sit on the sofa and watch New York at night.

I grab a cup of coffee before walking to the bay window as I start sipping on the bittersweet, hot, brown liquid. I look at the coffee table and see the newspaper from five days ago saying a laboratory apparently exploded. As soon as my cup is empty, I grab a black leather jacket, my car keys, my tote bag and leave my apartment shutting the door behind me. I head to the garage and search for my car before unlocking it and getting in as I start making my way to college. And my first class is science. Two long hours of science.

There's days where I wish I could drop out of college. But then remember I am paying twenty-three thousand dollars a year for these classes. After a few minutes driving in New York's streets, I finally get to college, I park the car, get out of it and start walking towards the building. I get in and immediately go to my class. The amphitheater is full of students and the teacher is still not there. I sigh before sitting on the last row, next to Alysha.

"Hi." I say tying to sound joyful as I sit down.

"Good morning! Where were you last night? I tried to call you seven times!" She asks with a frown.

I widen my eyes before grabbing my phone, and she was right. I didn't notice. I bite my bottom lip nervously, trying to come up with an excuse.

"Sorry, my battery ran out..." I say before putting my phone away.

Alysha sighs. She's been my best friend since high school. She is only going and taking the same classes at me so we can stick together. Her father is also a rich business man who runs a tequila business. And she is the next CEO of this business so Alysha doesn't need to bother worrying about her studies. She didn't have enough good grades to enter here, so her father offered a big rack of money to make her get in college.

Alysha is a beautiful black woman with the most perfect afro. She is always walking around with a comb to make sure her hair are perfect. Alysha is an extrovert. She has a lot of friends and knows every New York club's bosses. She always comes up with the best plans, she decided to host my 21st birthday party last year, and it was amazing.

"Did you know that Gale was gay?" Alysha unexpectedly says turning to me.

I frown. That honestly doesn't make sense since Gale has a girlfriend. But I am curious. Gale's my lab partner in chemistry.