When August Ends

Por spidermansbutterbeer

This summer was different, Y/N knew that from the second she arrived at the Cousins beach house. However, is... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue: Thanksgiving

Chapter 26

470 7 5
Por spidermansbutterbeer

Y/N

It was officially the day of the summer dance. The house was in chaos.

"MOM WHERE IS THE CURLING IRON?" I yell out.

"BELLYS ROOM!" she calls back.

I race into Belly's room while trying to fix my eyelash.

"I need the curling iron. They're going to need time to set" I say.

"Okay fine but I need the eyeliner!" Belly says and we trade.

"Woah woah what is going on? You guys are acting like Prince Charming is coming to see if the shoe fits" Steven says laughing.

"GET OUT!" I yell and continue fixing myself up.

It was an hour until the dance and I was stressing out. I wanted this night to be perfect. One last summer bang.

I curl my hair and do a half up half down look. I apply lipgloss again and then more hairspray.

I put my dress on and then spray more perfume then I ever have in my entire life.

This was the first time since my prom that I looked at myself in the mirror and really saw someone beautiful. I looked amazing.

"WE NEED PICTURES!" Susannah calls out from downstairs.

"Coming!" I hear Belly from down the hallway. I'm placing my shoes on.

Belly walks past my room and I hear footsteps of the others.

"Y/N come on!" I hear Steven yell out.

I grab my purse and then walk towards the stairs.

"Oh my gosh" Susannah covers her mouth with her hand. There's tears in her eyes.

I start to walk down the stairs. "You look amazing" Jeremiah compliments me coming to grab my hand and help me down the rest of the way.

"You really do look wonderful" my mom says putting her hand on my arm.

I notice Conrad watching from afar. He looks mesmerized but I don't think anything of it. It's a mistake.

"We look so good" Belly says grabbing my hand.

"Alright let's all get together for some pictures" Susannah says grabbing her phone.

Jeremiah wraps his arms around my waist as my mom snaps a picture. He kisses my cheek in another. He then spins me around and dips me kissing my lips. Steven wolf whistles and everyone laughs.

We then get some group shots of all of us. Belly and I in the middle. Jeremiah next to me and Steven next to Belly. Conrad stands next to Steven.

"We really should get going" Jeremiah says looking at his watch.

"Okay okay. Have so much fun!" Susannah says to us. We all say our goodbyes and I love yous and pile into the car.

When we arrive the venue is decked out. Fairy lights, streamers, torches, candles, everything summer you could think of.

Shayla met up with Steven outside of the venue. They took a few pictures then walked in together.

"You're truly the hottest girl here" Jeremiah says once we enter. I blush and kiss his cheek.

Belly's face is lit up. Conrad is trailing behind all of us uninterested in what the dance has to offer.

We find ourselves some seats. Conrad pulls out his phone scrolling on it and Jeremiah wraps his arm around my shoulders.

I take a sip of water from the glass and look at everyone around me.

The food arrives a few moments later. Everyone goes and sits down enjoying the meal.

Chicken with mixed vegetables and mashed potatoes.

I don't eat much of it. Jeremiah cleans his plate. Conrad doesn't even pick up his fork.

Once the meal finishes we sit around the table for a few more moments. I'm talking with Belly as Jeremiah listens in. Steven and Shayla are laughing about something that happened at the country club. Conrad is spaced out. He has been this whole night.

I spot Nicole by the group of girls from the boat. I quickly remove my eyes and spot Jack on the other side of the room.

"Excuse me" I say getting up. I walk over to Jack.

"Hey, how are you doing? A few nights ago was rough. I meant to text you it just slipped my mind" he says.

"Oh I'm okay" I say.

"Well you look really great tonight." He says smiling at me.

"Thanks." I smile. "Jack I just wanted to come over and apologize. I put you through so much this summer because I'm indecisive but I want you to know I think you're a really great guy and I really do hope you find someone"

"There's no one I'd rather have pull me along for a summer. You're a great girl." He says. "Apology accepted"

I smile as I wrap my arms around him and he hugs me back.

"Now go on! The night is still young and the dance floor is empty" he laughs. I smile again and walk back to Jeremiah.

"Cmon let's dance!" Belly says grabbing my hand. Jeremiah laughs agreeing. Steven and Shayla follow us.

"Cmon Connie! Dance with us!" Belly says to him.

"I'll pass" he says and we all shrug.

We make our way to the dance floor and then other people do as well. I laugh as Jeremiah spins me around.

This night is sparkling.

"Alright ladies and gentlemen it's time for the last song of the night. We're gonna slow it down for this one"

Jeremiah's phone rings as the DJ announces the last song. The last song was the most important of the night, it was also always the slowest and most romantic. I was looking forward too the dance solely because of it.

"I have to take this" Jeremiah says.

"But the last dance" I plead.

"I'm sorry" he says and walks off the dance floor. Belly gives me a questioning look. She's dancing with a guy who I don't recognize.

I notice Jack to my left with a girl from the country club, Steven is with Shayla, Nicole is with a guy I remember from parties.

I'm the only girl on the dance floor without a partner. The song was about to start. I begin to panic.

I look around once more and notice Conrad get up from his seat and head in my direction. The world felt like it was in slow motion.

"May I have this dance?" He asks coming up to me.

I nod my head as he grabs my hand.

The song starts, it's Lover by Taylor Swift.

Conrad slides his arms around my waist and I put mine around his neck.

After a few moments I look up at Conrad who's already looking down at me.

"You look beautiful tonight" He says leaning down so I can hear him. He says it in a way I can tell he means it with love. "You're a real life Princess"

"You clean up nice to" I say. He gives me a half smile and then takes my hand spinning me around.

I've loved you three summers now, honey, but I want 'em all

Conrad pulls me in a little closer and I rest my head on his chest.

I new in this moment Conrad was it for me. He always had been.

I take this magnetic force of a man to be my lover

I pick my head up from Conrad's chest and look at him again. The song is coming too a close. He looks at my lips and then back up at me. I begin to lean in.

Can we always be this close forever and ever?

When I place my lips on Conrad's the room goes still and fireworks erupt. This was a real life fairytale kiss.

The song ends. Conrad releases me.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to take Jeremiah's spot- I just didn't want you to be alone" he says in a panicky voice.

"No-no. I'm glad it was you. I wanted it to be you" I say. He goes to say something but is interrupted by Jeremiah.

"Conrad we need to talk. Now" Jeremiah says.

"Jere let's wait until we get home" Conrad says.

"No this is urgent. It can't wait" Jeremiah says and doesn't even look towards me. "It's about mom"

Conrad looks stunned and doesn't say anything for a moment. He places his hand lightly on Jeremiah's chest. "I know"

"You know? What do you mean you know?" Jeremiah's mood changes even quicker becoming more upset.

"Jere can we please wait until we get back to the house?" Conrad pleads.

"What's going on?" I ask quietly.

"You fucking knew and didn't tell me? Are you fucking kidding me?" Jeremiah's face is red with anger.

"Jeremiah I will explain everything just please don't make a scene" Conrad responds.

"You're a real fucking asshole" Jeremiah says before throwing a punch at his brother. Conrad falls to the ground and Jeremiah jumps on top of them as they roll around wrestling.

"STOP IT!" I scream as everyone turns to look at watch what's occurring in the middle of the dance floor. Steven rushes over and pulls Jeremiah off and I grab Conrad and pull him away and closer to me.

"What the fuck is going on?" I ask harshly.

"My moms cancer came back" Conrad responds turning towards me with tears in his eyes.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

88.3K 1.3K 10
𝙈𝙖𝙮𝙖 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙠𝙡𝙞𝙣 𝙝𝙖𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙞𝙣 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙅𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙢𝙞𝙖𝙝 𝙁𝙞𝙨𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙗𝙚𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙠𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙨. �...
55.2K 1.2K 42
"It comes and goes in waves It always does, always does We watch as our young hearts fade Into the flood, into the f...
24.6K 742 56
Cousins beach was the place to be during the summer for a group of three friends who all had kids of their own, yet this summer going into college Co...
14.3K 216 17
emmy conklin had been going to the summer house in cousins ever since she was born, and every summer she'd go there and fall even deeper in love with...