Chapter 7

Y/N

Jack brought me home around 11pm last night. Our date was nice, nothing too much happened but I liked it that way. Peaceful.

I woke up the next morning and went for a swim. Halfway through it I felt someone watching me.

I stopped and saw Conrad sitting there with his legs in the water smoking.

"You know that's not very good for you" I say swimming near him.

"That's the point" he says.

"Are you alright?" I say concerned.

"Just fine" he says taking a drag and blowing it out.

I reach my hand out. "Let me have a puff"

"Hell no" he laughs "your mom will kill me and so would my mom"

"I won't tell" I say.

He sighs and hands it over and I take an inhale.

"How'd your date go?" He asks.

"Good" I nod.

He runs his fingers through his hair.

"I'm in the mood for muffins" he says.

"Hmm like the good chocolate chip ones?" I ask.

"Yeah" he says standing up. "Muffin run?"

"Of course" I say climbing out of the pool. I dry off and place my Jean shorts on.

We get into Conrad's car and blast music all the way to the bakery by the boardwalk.

Once we get in there Conrad and I get a pack of the muffins. He pays handing me a chocolate chip one.

I skip back to the car eating a bite of my muffin while Conrad eats a blueberry one.

Conrad pulls out of the parking lot laughing at me.

"What?" I laugh.

"It's all or your face" He says laughing as he pulls up to a red light.

He takes his thumb running it over the slide of my lip and cheek. He caresses my face for a moment and I think he's gonna kiss me.

The light turns green and the moments gone.

He was so confusing to me. One moment we were fighting in the kitchen the next we were flirting in the car.

I checked the messages on my phone as we drove down the street

Jack

Hey! Last night was fun. Do you wanna come over to my place later?

I sigh.

"Who is it?" Conrad asks.

"Jack. He wants me to go over to his place later" I say quietly.

"You don't seem excited" Conrad smoothly turns the car down the street.

"I am it's just he's really amazing but I feel like we're not connecting in a way" I sigh "like I don't feel like a thousand fireworks are lighting up inside me"

"Did you feel that way with Jeremiah?" He asks.

No but I felt it when you wiped chocolate off my lip.

"I'm not sure." I say. "Have you ever felt like that?"

"Yeah" he responds.

"What was her name?" I ask "was it Aubrey?"

"Uh" he pulls into the driveway "it's complicated"

"Well I've got time" I say turning towards him.

"Well I don't" he says getting out of the car and heading into the house. I sit there holding the muffins for another moment. Shit.