Ankahee Raaz - A Caged Myster...

By Sparkly_Fic

They took the responsibility of their little brother n raised him as their own child. He is their light. Two... More

PROLOGUE
MEET RATHORE'S
MEET OTHER CHARACTERS
I- In to the Abyss
II- Masked Saviour
III- Strained Relation
V- Connections

IV-Down the Memory

878 102 49
By Sparkly_Fic

Hi all! Hope everyone are doing good.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

In the midnight, everyone are sleeping after having a rough day.

Viransh is in his study doing some work since he is unable to sleep, felt the need to check on Ansh once and left to his room.

Heres, Ansh is in his own dreamland living his long lost memories with his brothers.

Oen day, Viransh had to leave overseas for two days and Ansh is not ready to let him go.

To top it, Sid had already had left for a music workshop for a week.

"Nahi... Mat jao aap." Ansh yelled hugging Viransh tightly.

Vir looked at others tried to make him understand, "Anshu.... Baby listen to me."

Ansh shook head vigorously, "Nahi... Nahi...!" He threw a tantrum.

Whatever bargaining Viransh tried, Ansh is not ready to listen. Though he didn't want upset his baby, he cannot leave his responsibilities, "Bas Ansh... bahut hua apke zidh. Now no more tantrums." He used stern tone.

Ansh looked at him with wide teary eyes. Thought those tears pricked his heart, Vir made a hard resolve, "Mujhe Jana hai aur aap good boy bankar rahoge. Bhai aur bhabhi kisiko tangh bhi Kiya toh you will get it from me Ansh n I mean it." With that he left with heavy heart leaving Ansh jn the care of Viraj.

Viraj decided to be at home to cheer up Ansh, "Chalo baby aaj bhai aur anshu ka time hai. Hum bahut Masti karenge."

Ansh looked at him with cute anger, "Nahi.... Anshu ko baat nahi karna." N ran to his room leaving elders.

Both Viraj n Naina tried to cheer him up but no use as Ansh stayed aloof.

In the evng, Viraj took Ansh to "Rathod's Habitat", a place where they raised the lost animals giving a home to them.

It was started by their father wanting to raise homeless animals. Though all the Rathod's are fond of animals, Viraj feels them just like his father where Viransh and Ansh picked up after Mrs Rathod.

Viraj is entirely a copy of his father, Mr Rathod. After their death, Viraj started taking care of the Habitat.

Viransh seeing Viraj connected towards it, made it a habit to come there often mostly in the weekends and holidays and whenever our Viraj feel disturbed regarding the cases he would come there to feel peace.

Apart from that, He also loves to scare our little Ansh playing with the animals.

In the evening, Naina who just arrived in the Habitat to spend sometime together with the Rathod brothers stopped seeing their banter.

Ansh who forgot his anger started playing with the animals, and  like always started, "Hum kyu iss rabbit ko hamare saath leke nahi ja sakthee, bhai. Mujhe leke jana haii khelna bhi haii" he whined making most cutest and adorable pout.

Viraj sighed at the same drama as whenever Ansh come there he would pick one or other animal insisting to take back home, shook head, "Ansh you know the rules, baby. Hum isko Ghar nahi le sakte., Yeh cute si rabbit ka ghar yehi hai... baaki sab animals ke saath rahegi toh usee achha lagega"

Ansh shook head stubbornly, "Aisa nahi hai . Dekho isse kaise khel rhi hai mere saath. Dekho dekho woh hass bhi rahi hai. Matlab woh mere saath hi rehna chahthi hai " he made a valid point.

Viraj raised his eyebrow, "Achha, Uski mom ko dekho vahapee. Kaise ghoor rahi hai tujhe. Agar woh gussa ho ke tujhe bite kar liya toh?"

Ansh glanced at the mother rabbit, "Offo toh yeh problem hai. Teek hai mein abhi solve kardeta huu!"  and going near the mother rabbit, he asked her cutely, "Hello Mother Rabbit. Mein hu Anshu. Mein aapki baby ko mere saath le chalu? Mein usko time pe khiladunga, uske saath khelunga and aapki tarah dyaan bhi rakungaa. Ok?"

The mother rabbit not understanding blinked it's eyes

Our naughty Ansh, grinned showing his teeth, " Aapne dekhaa usne apne eyes aise blink kiyaa aise aise dekho..!"  and showed him doing the same, seeing which both Naina and Viraj are controlling their laughs seeing his drama.

"Usne eyes blink kiya matlab permission dediya hume, chalo le chal the hai isse humare saath." He grinned picking the small rabbit happily.

Viraj stopped him, "Aise kuch bhi nahi dramebaaz. Chalo wapas rakho usse."

Ansh made a sad face, Looking at his small face, Viraj kneeled before him cupping his face, "Bacha... aise sad nahi hote. Acha yeh bata agar hum bhaiyyu ko chodke kahi aur chale?"

Ansh frowned, "Kyu hum bhaiyyu ko kyu chod ke jayenge. Woh bhi jayenge humare saath" he replied stubbornly.

Viraj smiled internally, "Are anshu baby, waha pe bahut saare masti karenge, chocolates khayenge phir ghoomenge bhi. Teek hai? Bas bhaiyyu ko leke nahi ja sakthe."

"Kyuuu, mujhe woh sab nahi chahiye bas bhaiyyyu chahiye." He replied stubbornly stomping his feet.

Viraj raised his eyebrow, "Kyu baby?"

Ansh shook head, "Nahi pata bas bhaiyyu chahiye mujhe." He demanded.

"Achha, tujhe sabke liye bhaiyyu chahiye par iss chotisi rabbit ko unke mumma se le jana hai. Yeh unfair hai na baby? Uski parents, friends sab haina yaha pe, jaise humara ghar hai, tumare liye, bhaiyu, mei aur bhabhi hai. yeh sab iske family hai. Toh aise koi karte hai?" He pointed out softly.

Ansh understood made a small face, Viraj gave a small smile, " Baby, yeh bhi toh humara hi haina... Hum jab chahe yaha pe asakthe hai. Teek hai?"

Ansh nodded sadly and placed the little rabbit near the mother.
Seeing his gesture, Viraj hugged him tightly showering him with his kisses.
Naina too smiled seeing their baby understanding and also listening to Viraj who explained Anshu ever so smoothly but she understood his unsaid words too, Viransh will remain their mother bear point of return as always forever.

The memories stirred Ansh who shook in his sleep calling for Viraj, "Bhai... bhai..!" That's how Viransh found him immediately sat beside, "Ansh... baby sh..... calm down bacha..!"

On the other hand, a person who is sleeping in a dark room woke up, his heart beat rising like a speedy car, drank water to calm himself down when he heard the sound of a kitten beside, who got scared seeing him. Taking it into his arms, he started to caress it's fur thinking something deeply, "Mera bacha thik toh haina..!"

Viransh calmed Ansh making him sleep again after a lots of difficulty, could not help but think about his parents when the windows started to beat furiously due to heavy wind.

He got up and about to close the window, stopped noticing a shilloute in the lawn. He knew who so that, closed the window Glancing at Ansh for a moment, came down remembering about the day events.

Sid was in his room caressing the strings of his guitar when Viransh and Naina entered his room with his food. Hearing the noises, he assumed it was Naina and whispered,
"Bhook Nahi hai Nainu leke jao Na yar".

"Ek hi line kitne baar bologi, Idiot"
Naina then turning to Viransh, " I’m so done making him agree that he is not at fault, Vir. Aap hi Samjho iss gadhe ko", saying she left hitting him on his head.

Vir ruffled his hair gaining his attention who is looking so sad but smiled seeing his guitar. even if the tornado arrives, he was sure he would take his guitar.

Sid needs his guitar with him in his every emotion. He then asked Sid, coming straight to point, "Yeh batao Sid if by any chance Ansh behaves the same with me. Will you let him be?"

"Never Bhai.You are our everything and you ought to be respected always, Bhai" came his instant reply.

Vir smiled, "Then please enlighten me Mr Siddharth Khurana aka Rockstar, Are you not the same to him? Gussa hona alag baat hai but disrespecting is not something that we can let go, you have done nothing wrong in rectifying him Sid and most importantly,you are not the reason,he is sick. Get that thing in your sand filled brain, Rockstar!"  to which he got an instant reply, "Rockstar mein nahi woh prexy hai," he whined suddenly.

One damn line and it hit Viransh badly. Seeing him becoming upset, Sid hugged giving him comfort,whispered "He’ll be safe bhai. He just loves to play hide and seek with us just like he plays with our Anshu. We will find him very soon."

Viransh to divert the topic, asked him "How is Bua? You left to meet her today right? "

"Yes bhai. Like always, No response.", he said dejectedly.

" It's ok. We will get her back soon, Sid. Don't worry!" saying he fed him dinner first and left to check on Ansh.

Coming out of thoughts, he went towards the lawn, cursing himself for not checking on him earlier. He was sure Sid was upset after the day events esp after meeting his mother.

Already sensing Viransh's presence, being high on emotions he asked him in broken tone, "Why does she have to be like that alway, Bhai. Unresponsive? Doesn’t she love us enough to come to us bhai? "

Viransh pulled him closer to his chest, replied, "She loves us the most, Sid. She’ll be fine nah baba. Achha listen, why don’t we shift her here. Iss ghar ki beti hai woh Sid, she’s the only elder we all have, she wouldn’t lack anything here and we won't be missing her so much too. "

"I know bhai there is no doubt in that. Its just that, there are memories of Dad in that house. I’m just hoping she would wake up at least for him" to which Virash nodded already knowing about it.

His family already lost everyone that he feels concerned about her always.

The next day, Meera was late to the court. She was hurrying and was about to step out of her house when she heard a glass breaking sound and sighed.

She already knew what would have happened, left to the room to see the broken glass pieces on the floor just like his memory she thought and looked at the man,whom she once thought as her super hero, who is now lying on the bed sprawled out.

She picked up the broken pieces only to get injured by the last tiny piece of the glass which is mostly unnoticeable.

Blood started gush out of her finger when she heard her father mumble “Midhu” in his drunken state and just like that tears started rolling down along with the flashes of her mother’s memories again.

It’s been years she heard her mother’s name which soothes and aches her heart at the same time. Her mother's death is always a touch topic to her and will remain like that forever. She badly wished it was a normal death but alas, it never was. Cleaning the floor she left the house instructing the servants to take care of that man.

In the court Meera is defending her client who is suffering from domestic violence from her husband and MIL but the only concerned matter here is the victim is defending her husband since she loves her husband too much to make him suffer.

The victim’s sister, Deepa who is Meera's college friend came to seek her help to save her sister’s life as she doesn’t want her sister to face abuse her lifelong but since her sister is not in a state to take a stand herself, it is becoming difficult for Meera prove her husband’s crimes.

It was not long, she understood their real behaviour and warned her brother in law threatening him that she would file a complaint against him thinking he would change as her sister is too innocent to understand the abuse.

But seeing him not changing his behaviour towards her sister and her sister’s non-chalant behaviour, and she filed a case with Meera's help.

Taking Deepa as a eye witness and also the wound marks on the victim, the court at last punished him, sentencing.

When everyone dispersed, the accused mother who was crying, saw Meera smiling with Deepa, who is congratulating for giving back her sister's life.

Enraged, she went to her and slappimg her right across her face out of nowhere asked her crying herself, " Ek khooni ki beti ko kaise pata hoga, ma baap kaise hota hai, mere bete ko uski maa se dur kar diya tu ne. Kabhi khush nahi reh payegi tu".

Meera stilled listening to her sprouting nonsense and raising finger at her family but gathering herself replied smiling, "Mein khush rahungi ya nahi yeh mujhe bhi nahi pata Madam but yeh jarur pata hai ki aaj agar mein yeh case haar gayi toh yeh mujhe humesha keliye chubegi ki mein ek aurat ko ek jaanwar se bacha nahi paya. Ek ma jarur hai aap lekin usse pehle ek aurat bhi hai. Afsoos aap ne ek aurat ki dard ko aapki mamta ke aage dekh nahi paya.", saying she turned to leave.

Deepa tried to stop her in order to comfort but she replied , "It's ok!"

Coming out, she sat inside her car, let her tears fall. Her eye fell on the ring, touched it lovingly,  mumbled, "I miss you"

At clg, Sid stood near the window, a smile graced on his face as he looked down at the ground. The reason of smile of his face stood in the middle of the ground playing football.

He remembered how fond Viraj was for that game, which Ansh picked up later on. As Viraj, Even Ansh got awards for his game in every sports competition.

A knock on the door caught his attention, saw the peon, "Kya hua?"

"Sir .. Principal sir apko bula rahe!" He informed. Sid gave a nod n left to meet the principal.

He greeted him, "Kya baat hai Sir?"

"Sid... Tumse yeh puchna hai ki? Students ke saath are you ready to go on trip?" Principal questioned.

Sid frowned, "I didn't understand... Kaunse trip?"

Whatever the next set of words Principal spoke, it shook Sid from within.

"Sid... Har saal ki tarah... The clg management has planned a trip for students. Arrangements have been made... And this time we are taking students to Dehradun where they will participate in inter college annual competition." Princi said.

Sid face lost colour, "Dehradun!" He stammered.

"Haa... Sid!"

Sid looked at him, "Unko pata hai?"

"Haa... The trustees are aware n okay with the trip Sid. Infact Viransh is the one who is sponsoring for whole trip." He stated, "Aur mei chahta hu ki students ke saath Tum aur do aur staff chale as responsible authority. You will have whole rights to decide."

Sid got control of his emotions, "Mei apko kal batata hu."

Principal nodded, "Ek aur baat Ansh ko Dehradun jane ki permission de diya Viransh." Which shocked Sid.

In the eveng, Sid saw Ansh who is excited about the trip as for the first viransh had showed no objection, "Bhabhi... Apko pata hai meine sunna Dehradun ke climate bahut cool hoti hai."

"Haa Ansh... Aur tum apna dyaan rakho... Bina sweater ke kahi mat Jana." She advised fondly watching him smiling while heartedly.

Sid who is listening to him, stood up in a jerk, "Tum kahi nahi jaa rahe ho. Chup chap ghar mei hi raho ."

His outburst stunned both Ansh n Naina. While later frowned at him, Ansh glared back, "Aur apko Aisa kyu lagta hai mei apke baat sune wala hu."

Sid glared back at him, "You must listen Ansh, warna mujhse bura koi nahi hoga. I'm telling you are not going means not going and that's final. Get that into your brain."

Ansh got up angrily, "Aur aap hote kaun mujhpe apne decision topne wale."

"Your brother goddamn it!" Sid snapped in anger shocking Ansh who stared at him with wide eyes. Taking long strides he reached near Ansh caught hold of his arm tightly, "Aur aaj ke baad mujhse phir aise baat ki na toh dekhlena. Now go to your room n complete the assignment which I have given!" He growled giving a hard whack.

Ansh stared at him with hurt, "Aapko kabhi mere kushi ki khadar nahi hai... Humesha mujhse mere kushi cheen lete ho... I hate you... I hate you." He screamed.

"Ansh!!!" Naina yelled rasing her hand but stopped at end moment. She glared at him, "Yeh bhi koi tarika hai apne bade bhai se baat karne ka... Apologise now."

Ansh looked at her with tears then at Sid, ran from there. Sid closed his eyes as his baby bro would hate him more now, "Nainuu... Aapko gussa nahi karna chahiye tha."

Naina glared at him, "Shut up Idiot... Humsab samaj sakte woh dard mei hai lekin Ansh ke mann ke kadwahat nafrat mei badalna... It's not right. Agar abi we won't stop that... Baad mei usse aur hum sab ko pachtana padega."

Sid sighed, Naina looked at him softly, "Sid... Ek baat bata kyu Ansh ko Dehradun jane se mana karrahe ho?"

Sid shook head, "Kuch nahi Nainu... I am concerned for his safety." Saying he left to his room.

Here, Ansh coming to his room, "Kyu... Why does he always cause me pain. Why doesn't he love me... Kyu... Bhai... Kyu karrahe aap yeh sab." He questioned to the empty walls of the room.

As Viransh returned, Naina confined what occured. Hearing her, he frowned, "Mei baat karta hu Sid se "

After getting fresh he  left to meet Sid saw him near window looking lost. He placed hand on his shoulder, "Sid!"

Sid knowing why he is there, "Bhai... I'm fine. Please todi der mujhe akela chodiye."

Viransh raised his eyebrow, "Pehle yeh bata why are against of Ansh going on his trip Sid?"

Sid stiffened not knowing what to say, but quickly his brain helped him, "Bhai... I'm concerned for his safety. Aap toh jante hi hai, kuch din pehle hi Ansh pe attack hu... Toh aise mei usse itna dur bhejna thik nahi haina. Issliye mana Kiya meine."

Viransh sighed, "I understand Sid... Lekin ek baat tumhe samajna hoga ki Ansh is excited for this trip. Pehle mei bhi nahi mana lekin after much thinking I gave my permission. Aur jante bhi ho why did I gave my consent."

Sid frowned shaking head, "Kyunki waha humara Ansh akela nahi hoga. Uske saath uska bhai hoga. When his brother is with him what will happen to our baby Sid?" Vir replied.

Sid widened his eyes, "Matlab bhai?" He stammered his heart beating furiously.

Viransh smiled at him, "I mean ... Ansh will have his Sid bhai with him. And that's the only thing which made me to give my consent. Rakoge na humara ansh ka khayal." He questioned.

Sid held his hands, "Bhai... Kya yeh jaruri hai."

"Ha Sid! Our Ansh is happy n whatever makes him smile... I'm ready to do it. Ab tum jyada pareshan mat ho... Sab thik hoga." He replied ruffling his hair.

Sid hugged him hiding face in his midriff thinking about something.

After consoling him, Viransh stated, "Ab apna muh haath dhoke neeche chal dinner ka time horaha"  n left to meet Ansh.

Coming inside he saw the state of the room picked the paper which were thrown across. While reading the title he understood those are his assignment. His face turned stern as he heard Ansh speaking, "Mei keh raha hu unke classes mei nahi Jane wala hu kal se.. aur na hih koi assignments karunga."

Vir took long strides pulled out mobile from his hand, "Kal milena apne dost se." He replied n ended the call.

Ansh looked at him with wide eyes, "Bhaiyu!" He stammered noticing the papers clenched in his fist.

Vir without a word kept the mobile in his pocket, "I have warned you many times Ansh not to misbehave with Sid."

As soon he heard Sid name, Ansh anger came front, "Toh unko kahiye ki mere mamle mei apna naak na gusne ko. Nahi lagta woh mere kuch bhi."

"Ansh!" Vir growled taking long strides brought hand on his back hardly, "Khabardar!"

Vir pointed his finger, "Khabardar ... Bhai hai woh Tera. Aaj ke baad agar tu Sid se badtameezi ki na toh dekhlena mujhse bura koi nahi hoga."

Ansh remained silent as he understood he crossed a line, "Sorry bhaiyu."

Vir shook head, "Come down. Dinner is ready." He said in disappointed tone n left leaving Ansh in guilt.

Ansh wiped his tears n came down saw them at the table, sat beside Viransh.

Sid looked at his face understood what would have happened felt guilt as his brother is in pain because of him.

To lift his mood, "Ansh... I'm sorry bacha... I was worried for your safety issliye mana karraha tha tumhe."

Ansh glanced up with hurt but a look from Viransh, he lowered his eyes gave a small nod.

Vir looking at him, "Ansh... Sid has no problem with the trip. Infact woh tumare saath arahe hai."

Ansh looked up suddenly in shock, Vir continued, "Aur mei chahta hu ki tum uske har baat mano. And you will respect his decisions same as mine."

Ansh looked down eating silently, wheels running inside his brain. After dinner, he sent them both to pack their bags as the next day they would leave for dehradun.

The next morning quickly n both Sid, Ansh were ready to leave for clg from where they would go on for Dehradun along with others.

Viransh after breakfast, "Sid... Dyaan rakna apna aur saathi hi Ansh ka bhi. Kuch bhi prblm ho, inform me immediately."

Sid nodded hugging him, "Haa bhai... Aap chinta mat karo."

Vir nodded caressing his head. His gaze fell on Ansh who stood aloof went near. Holding his chin gently, "Dekh mere taraf."

Ansh looked up meeting his gaze, Vir continued, "Enjoy the trip, but please be safe. Agar tujhe kuch hoga toh yaha tumara bhaiyu Zinda nahi rehega."

"Bhaiyu...!" Ansh frowned shaking head. Vir cupped his face, "take care of yourself Ansh aur Sid ke har baat ko mana hai tujhe. You will not cross his words at any cost or trouble him." He warned with slight stern in his voice.

Ansh nodded slowly wrapped arms around him, "I will miss you bhaiyu."

"I will miss you too baby." Vir replied pulling him closer, kissing on head.

Armaan looking at them smiled, turned to Sid, "Time pe apna medicines lena. Your Bp is fluctuating."

Sid frowned but gave a nod as Vir glared at him, mumbling, "Armaan bhai ko kya jarurat thi yeh kehne ko... Kal bhai se joh daant pada abi tak khaanon mei gunj Raha hai." He pouted.

Naina who was beside him gave a whack, "Chup kar! Besharam."

"Nainuuuu!" He whined but a glare he averted his gaze.

"Dekh Sid, agar tu apne health ko lekar koi bhi laparwahi karoge toh mujhse bura koi nahi hoga." Vir warned, "That applies to you as well Mr Vansh Rathore."

Ansh who was enjoying internally gave a nod. As it's getting late both left hugging everyone.

Viransh stood at the entrance looking ahead, feeling empty but also an unknown feeling.

Armaan looked at him, "Kya baat hai?"

"Pata nahi Aisa lag raha ki kuch hone Wale hai. Lekin joh darr humesha Mann mei hota Ansh se dur rehna se.... Aaj paga nahi lekin Dil ko Aisa lagta ki Mera bacha safe rahega." He spoke with unknown emotion.

Naina entangled her fingers with him, "kyunki... Anshu ka khayal rakne keliye uske Sid bhai hai... Joh Prexy ke bilkul carbon copy hai." She stated as both Viraj n Sid are same.

Viransh nodded hoping everything would be fine. On the way, Ansh noticed Sid lost in thoughts frowned in concern but his hesitation came in between didn't question.

They reached the clg, where everyone were ready n waiting to board the bus, quickly loaded theirs bags.

Sid looked at the students assembled greeted them, "Guys... I just want to say one thing. Enjoy while heartedly but be safe. I am all for pranks unless they are harmful. There are only few rules you need to follow, and if you fail to follow them get ready for consequences. I hope by end of this trip you all will have many memories to carry on. Get on to bus."

The students rushed inside, Ansh along with his friends occupied the last seats, Ansh taking window seat.

Sid after having a small talk with other two colleagues got inside, his eye searching for Ansh saw him at the end relaxed n sat front, "Driver kaka... Start kijiye."

The students got busy with gossips everything while Sid looked at the passing trees thinking something deeply.

Ansh who is also glancing outside felt something but didn't let others know.

Sid n Ansh are on their way to Dehradun. What's in store for them... To know stay tuned to the story.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hope you all enjoyed the update. Do let me know your views.

Guys, It is a request... Do vote, give inline comments and share.

Take care 😇

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Epiphany By Kiara

General Fiction

61.8K 5.8K 29
Ten years ago, Aakrith was kidnapped. A few days later, his dead corpse was sent home to his brothers. Kabir Kaushik, a Commanding Officer, is told...
3K 167 7
Hey Dear Readers, Get ready to dive into the captivating fictional world of a joint family where love, mischief, and secrets intertwine!✨ Join our m...
160K 11.5K 34
Three brothers who shared nothing but the love they had for each other. A ten year old child who had been abandoned by his own mother. A child who wa...
31.2K 2.3K 12
The feeling of being unloved by one's own family was not unknown to Akshara. Yet she doesn't hate her family for despising her since she was only a n...