The Other Brother

By Mbalezinhle90

n/a More

THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER

THE OTHER BROTHER

134 17 0
By Mbalezinhle90

THE OTHER BROTHER 
CHAPTER 45
THABISILE

The funeral was over, and it has already been a week since we buried Gogona. I still find it unbelievable. She is gone and never coming back. I am back to my life again. Singing and praying to God that he heals the man who happens to be the father of my child. Sounds so surreal. I am sitting beside the bed singing the lullaby song. Doctors told me to give positive motivations and nothing else. I was told that his temperature was slowly warming up which is very unusual – for them. I don’t know how unusual cause I think it is a good sign. This man was cold as ice for the past months. I was told that there is something that is keeping him warm and alive. Maybe my horrible voice is something that keeps him going and thinking of coming back to me and us. I stopped sing, my throat is sore. I sigh and let go of his hand. This is starting to get tiring honestly. I can take as little as such. But with this, it’s starting to be way too much for me. I have lost so much weight. I am just a living corpse. The only thing that keeps me going is what is in my belly. I smile brushing my pregnant belly. 
“I wonder how your baby looks like. I hope he has your eyes. I swear he will charm every girl on the streets.” I chuck. I feel like a fool talking to myself. Hope he hears my pleads and cries. 
“Wake up nawe. You have been sleeping for too long. I can't go into labor without you. I want you to be there.” These tears. I hate them. I take a deep breath and sigh. I stand up. I need to eat before I give birth right this minute.  I have been starving myself for far too long. 

Walking out of the hospital. I decided to go baby shopping. I know it’s still early to shop according to tradition - but I am trying to keep my mind busy. I am trying so hard not to think about this man that occupies my heart. Being back at home I never really thought much about him. My heart and mind were shifted to my grandmother's funeral. 
“Neutral colors are what I chose for my first baby, and it helped.” I turn around and find a lady looking at me from head to toe with a wide smile on her face. 
"Excuse me?” I asked in confusion. Who appointed her to be my spokesperson. 
"I am saying. Do no but obvious colors scans sometimes lie.” She adds. I look at the pick and blue rompers in my hands. The doctor confirmed the gender to me, and I know what I am carrying. I can feel it in my bones. I smile imagining those tiny hands and toes. "I am also here to shop for Siyeza.”
I look at her stomach and it’s totally flat. "You are not pregnant.” I say with a frown. She laughs – letting out a beautiful one. "Darling I am. Eight months approaching nine.” She lifts her t-shirts up and there is a tiny bump. 
"How did you do it?” She must give me some tips.
Again, she laughs. She reminds me of someone I see regularly but I just don’t know who. Her warm lazy eyes. I find myself admiring her. 
"I guess God decided to be easy on me this time around. My first pregnancy I looked like a whale. I am sorry for being rude. I am just here to visit my family. They are facing a tough time.”
She says taking a deep breath. "Let me not bore you with my sob stories."
"Whatever you are facing – I hope you and your family pull through."
"Thank you. I need that. Where are my manners. Gengqele Msomi. But I live in PE with my husband.” She looks pretty. 
“Thabisile Ngcobo.” We shake hands. I feel my bundle jump in spin kick in my stomach making me flinch. I hold my abdomen and grunt. The kicks are pretty rough.
“Ow my God. Are you okay?” She panics looking around. Of course, I am not okay! I am in pain. She lets go of my hand and runs around the shop. I drop the clothing on the floor and sigh. 
“I am fine now.” I shout standing up fully. That was the strangest kick of them all. She stops running and looks at me. 
“Are you sure?” She asks out of shock. It was just the moment. I don’t know what happened. I just felt connected to her in a way. Like I have known her all my life. Then the little Minos decided to make my stomach a jumping castle. She looks frightened in a way. 
“I am sure. It might be that I am tired, and I haven't been getting enough sleep.”
I can feel her exhale loudly. The girl looks spooked for some reason. She fishes for something in her bag. She takes her phone out and hands it to me. 
“Please, add your number. I want to call you later so that I can be sure that you are okay.” I smile. 
“You are worrying over nothing.” I say. 
“Taking chances, I see. That will never work with me.” She shoves the phone in my hand. I have no other option but to put my digits in. 

After shopping I decided to relax at home. Manqoba is really stressing me, and this stresses the kids I am carrying. If he doesn’t wake up, then God forgive me I will switch off those machines and never look back. But his family would be heartbroken. Yesterday I got to meet his mother and I must say she is the sweetest mother-in-law of them all. The way she broke down made me have flashbacks of him laying on that stretcher lifelessly. Manqoba really needs to come back. A lot of people want him alive, including this child I am carrying. If he doesn’t make it. Then I will be doomed for the rest of my life. I will have a heart attack and never wake up. We exchanged numbers and promised each other to be in touch. She is allowed to spend time with her son as much as she wants, and I am also allowed to have quality time with him. I know his mother has a lot of questions after she saw my huge belly. The confusion on her face made me a bit uncomfortable. But she was kind enough not to meddle in things that do not concern her, at the moment. Maybe in a later stage once everything has been dusted, her son will share the details.
I have been crying since and it’s no longer funny. I sigh. The food seems not to be going down. Everything is just bitter at this moment. 
My phone rings and it is an unsaved number. I hope it has nothing to do with a family member wanting money. My budget is so tight. My savings are waiting for my babies to arrive. Even though Mkhuleko is there, he has a life too. A girlfriend and family to take care of. I cannot always want and need his time, money and cologne. I let it ring until the caller drops. I am depressed not in the mode to talk to anyone. My phone rings again, it’s the very same number. Maybe it’s the hospital. I should pick it up. 
“Halo.” 
“Thank God you picked up. I was starting to get worried.” I remember her voice. It’s the girl that I met at the shop. I laugh. I didn’t think that she would call. She just surprised me. I hate surprises but I love this one. Her appearance and voice just calmed me in a way. 
“No. I am fine. I guess it was the tiredness.” I say. She takes a deep breath 
“Don't you need to see a doctor maybe?”
“I have been seeing doctors since I got pregnant. I want a day off, honestly.” I whine. This is too much for me. I am trying so hard to keep it together. The more I try keeping it together the more I get frustrated, crazy and lonely. Hospitals are the last resorts on my mind.
“There is no day off I am afraid dear love. You are still going to jog this journey even after birth.” 
After this I do not see myself going to any hospital. I will hire a nanny for all that. I am tired and hospitals have that foul smell. We talk some more and for a bit making me forget the situation I am in. I love the free spirit in her. Now I have something to eat about. My appetite has escalated to another level which I wanted it to be. Tomorrow is another day and I need all the strength I can get for this. I look at the food and dig in.  I thank the anonymous for opening my appetite.

NGCOBO

When days are dark, friends are few. Choose your friends wisely, they reflect who you are! So, I have been told. 
Everyone has left, including my kids and I am left all alone. My mother is indeed gone and never coming back. I just can’t seem to wipe the pain and hurt that I have put her through throughout those years. How do I get to apologies to someone I have wronged and no longer available to hear my apologize. This is getting deeper than I thought. I look at my bank balance and everything is just fuzzy to a point that I wished not to own a bank card. 
“Baba. There are men here to see you.” Says MaNgcobo. I nod my head and sigh standing. Company is not what I want. I just still need to be alone. I walk out of the bedroom and find two police officers standing by the door. Is this woman that dumb to differentiate. If she said these are the kind of people looking for me, I would have... 
“Are you Mr Sixakekile Ngcobo?” One asks with a serious look on his face. The man does not scare move me. He should try this far away from me. The other smirks looking at me. I sense that they know more than they should. I will stand firm.  They might be here for investigations and there is no way that I am helping them in any case. 
“You are under arrest for fraud, attempted murder...” 
I gasped in shock holding my stomach. I feel my whole world going in slow motion. Everything is happening too fast. Being pulled by shirt – being pressed against the wall with your chest pressed against it. I know I did a crime and there is no need for them to gloat right at my face. It hurts yes, but I bought this up all to myself. It’s humiliating. Having the handcuffs locked on you behind the back is uncomfortable. There is not much room to move in the back of the police car. This is rather unpleasant and not comfortable at all with all the neighbors watching with rather fake concerned looks on their faces. I have gone beyond humiliation on this. 

-

-

-

“Still don’t want to talk I see. We will keep you here for days or rather say years if we want to. We have all the time in the world.” I will not talk without my lawyer present. If he thinks I will talk all the crap and sell myself out he has another thing coming. I huff and look on the side. 
“Suit yourself.” He walks out whistling. Looks like they enjoy taking turns in watching me. Another is coming back smiling like a retched. I hope he has good news for me. I told him to go call my lawyer. 
“What did he say?” I ask. I know that is a man that I can count on whenever things go South. Mangethe is one of the most powerful layers in this town. 
“He is out of town for the next eight months. He is busy with a case outside country.” 
“No. That can’t be. You are lying.” 
“That is what his PA said. I didn't even get to tell why I was even looking for him. Which means he is truly out of the country. Just tell us what happened and I will make sure that you get a lighter sentence.” I can feel the joy in his voice. I feel my world coming to an end. I will have to sleep on it. 
“No. I will not talk without a lawyer.” I repeat. 
“Very well then. Let me take me back estokisini sakho Baba.” 
“Can I have the whole cell to myself?” I plead. I am not one but right now I have no choice. I can't be locked up with those hardcore criminals. My life is at stake here. 
“Next time Ngcobo. But for now. You will be with your friends until your lawyer decides otherwise. Think of what I told you. The clock is ticking. TikTok.” He pushes me inside and locks the gate. I feel my stomach being tied in knots. I sit down on the floor. Bury my head in between my knees. I have never imagined that one day I will live. If I knew Thabi’s contact number, I would have called her by now. I know she is one child that I can rely on without any doubt. Khanyi has changed – not just changed. But she has completely changed. She stands her ground, and her tongue sounds firm. Her eyes are too quick to roam around. I think my plan for her and that Gumede son. I shall put it to rest. There is no way that this Khanyi will ever listen to what I say. And now that I am here. My life is a mess. 

-

-

-

Hardly slept. My heart was not at ease. I am in a cell with other criminals. Closing my eyes was the last thing I needed with these fellas here with me. The gates click open and the two officers from yesterday come in. My stomach grumbles at the smell of fresh coffee. I stand up. 
“Ngcobo.” He stands in front of me. Make me face the wall and cuff me again. I don’t understand why I am cuffed when I am inside their premises. It’s not like I am going to run away or something. I am led into the interrogation room. I sit on the bed and look around. I scoff in disbelief. This is my life now. 
A tall dark man walks in carrying a briefcase. “Since your lawyer friend went MIA on you. As government we decided to appoint one for you.” He looks so very proud of the nonsense he is telling me. 
“I don’t need him.” I hiss. 
“You will need him trust me.” He walks out and leaves us both seated. The officer comes back and uncuffs me. I free my hands and rub my writs. 
“What am I being arrested for?” I ask. 
“You are trying to tell me that they did not inform upon the rest as to why?” The lawyer leans back and looks at me like I am stupid.  I hate the look he is giving. 
“You haven't done you reach.” I speak. I feel like I could scream my lungs out and toss this station upside down. 
“I did. Quite well Mr N. All the cases labeled against you. Nci, nci, nci. Not even the best lawyer and pull through on this one. You are in too deep and there is no coming back.” 
I swallow hard. “What are you trying to say?” I ask. My mouth becomes instantly dry. 
“It starts way back. The rape case that was labelled against you.” 
I shoot my eyes open. No one knows about that. 
“Ho... how did you...” I stutter failing to contain my voice. 
“How did I find out? Let's just say I have been gunning for you for a very long time. You might have fooled my brother Gumede – but you can never fool me. I know what you did to him and trust me I am still going to make you pay until you ask for Jesus to take your life.” He leaves a dangerous smile on his face. I feel my heart dropping out of my mouth. I take a breath. Who do I turn to when things have turned south for me? This was a secret I was willing to take to the grave. A secret that has been buried in my chest. Who leaked the information? It must be one of the boys I was with that day. It’s true when they say – trust a stone.
“Is this some type of revenge?’ I ask. 
“Ow yes, my brother's friend. A sweet one served in a silver platter.” He smirks. I will bribe the judge to give me a lighter sentence. There is no way in hell that I will be spending my life in jail.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

677 12 10
hi hi. 𝘒 𝘧𝘒𝘯𝘧π˜ͺ𝘀, π˜₯𝘢𝘩?- 𝘸𝘩𝘒𝘡 𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘦 -𝕕𝕠 π•Ÿπ• π•₯ 𝕔𝕠𝕑π•ͺ 𝕠𝕣 𝕣𝕖𝕑𝕠𝕀π•₯ π•žπ•ͺ π••π•’π•žπ•Ÿ π•¨π• π•£π•œπ•€ -π•š π•₯π•’π•œπ•– 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕦𝕖𝕀π•₯𝕀 𝕀�...
127 1 1
lfdngpoiebhfgiobd
7 1 1
THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE T...
2.6K 42 33