Khizaan

Door Ufaq_I

Humne dekha Hai khizaan mein bhi teri amaad k baad Konsa Gul Tha ke gulshan mein tar-o-taaza na tha β€’β€’β€’ "List... Meer

πΎπ’‰π‘–π‘§π‘Žπ‘Žπ‘›
Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 17

3.6K 348 93
Door Ufaq_I

"Ji?" Entering the room, Hyra stood beside the door and asked.

(Yes?)

"Baitho baat karni hai." Hayder, who was sitting on the bed, points at in front of him and ordered her.

(Sit, I wanna talk to you.)

Hesitantly, Hyra went to sit there. She sat on the edge of the bed, away from him.

Hayder covered those distance and scoot closer to her.

"Hyra!" He called her softly, taking her hand in his, giving her shock. Nervously, Hyra tried to back off, but she was already on the edge, she was about to fall, Hayder hold her waist with his free hand.

"Main current toh nahi marta." He asked her on her behaviour.

(I don't give electric shock.)

"Aap... aap durr hoke baat kariye." Mumbling, Hyra removes her hand off from him and stood up from the bed.

(You... maintain a distance while talking.)

"Dekho, jab humari shadi hui thi toh main gussa tha." Hayder also stood up and went behind her. She was not facing him, rubbing her hands together, she tried to calm her heart down.

(Look, when we got married, I was angry.)

"Isliye tumse woh sab kaha jo nahi kehna chahiye tha." Hyra have never heard Hayder's voice this calm, at least not with her. And it made her more nervous.

(And that's why I said all of that to you which I shouldn't have said.)!

"Toh? Ab aisa kya hua jo aap yeh sab keh rahe hain?" Turning to him, she asked. "Mujhse shadi karna apke liye saza haina." Her voice was low, as she was trying not to let him show how nervous she was.

(So? Now what happened that you are saying this?)

(Marrying me is a punishment for you right?)

"Hyra, listen, shadi koi khel nahi hai..."

(Hyra, marriage is not a kid's play...)

"Main janti hoon." She interrupts him. "Lekin apko shadi ke itne mahine baad yaad araha hai yeh sab."

(I know that.)

(But now you remember this?)

"Hyra, main kya keh raha hoon sunn toh lo, tum purani baatein kyu leke baithi ho." Exasperatedly, Hayder asked.

(Hyra, listen what I am saying. Why are you talking about old things.)

Hyra stare at his face for few seconds, to find if he is for real. Then gulping down her tears, she spoke. "Kyuki purani baatein dil mein ghar kar jaye toh unhe bhoolna mushkil hota hai, Hayder." Her voice was not loud like his, even if she was on the edge of bursting in tears, her voice was soft.

(Because when old things make place in our hearts, forgetting them is difficult, Hayder.)

"Apne kaha tha tumse shadi karna saza hai, apne faisla suna diya ki mujhse koi umeed na rakhna, ab keh rahe hain ki gusse mein tha. Gusse mein aap kuch bhi nahi keh sakte, aur yeh umeed nahi laga sakte ki main bhool jau sab aur jab aap jaisa kahe waisa karu."

(You told me that marrying me is a punishment for you, you told me not to expect anything from you or this marriage, and now you are saying that you were angry. You can not say anything in anger, and expect me to forget all of that and do whatever pleases you.)

"Main apki choice nahi na? Toh ab aap apne khayalaat na badle. Mujh jaisi bad-aqal, bewaqoof larki apki ideal nahi. Toh ab kyu aisi baatein kar rahe hain?"

(I am not your choice right? Then do no change your opinion now. A foolish girl like me is not your ideals right, then why are you talking like that?)

"Tumhe apni hi kehni hai ya meri bhi sunogi?" Stepping forward, Hayder asked in a demanding voice.

(Will you listen to me or not?)

Hyra quickly stepped back. "Hamesha apki hi toh suni hai. Ab mujhe kuch nahi sunna." Hyra's words not only shocked Hayder, but her own self too. When did she become this courage to speak in front of him. She could never utter a word in his presence, but here, she was arguing with him.

(I've only listened to you, now I don't wanna hear anything.)

She was about to walk away when Hayder held her writs and pulled her to him, her back crashed into his chest. "Aj bhi meri sunni hogi tumhe." He told her in a low voice.

(You have to listen to me today too.)

"Chorhe mujhe. Aap bohot bure hain..." She struggled to free herself from his grip.

(Leave me. You are very bad...)

Before either of them could say anything further, a knock on the door came. Which startled both of them. Hyra took advantage of his shock state, and slipped away from his arms, and went to open the door. It was Kubra on the door.

"Woh Dawar bhai aur Laraib bhai aye hain, bula rahe the." Kubra was embarrassed for knocking on the door and interrupting them.

(Dawar bhai and Laraib bhabhi are here, he was calling you.)

Hyra nodded her head and left the room to meet Dawar and Laraib. After he moved, Dawar usually comes to meet them in the evening, but this was the first time Laraib came.

They both came here to tell everyone the good news. Laraib is expecting. Everyone was so happy with this. Hyra completely forgot about her and Hayder's conversation in the room, as she was excitedly talking to Uswa and discussing how much they would spoil the little one. After all, they would become fuppi.

Hayder didn't get a chance to talk to her again, she was distant, and when they returned to their room to sleep. Without a word, she went to lay on the sofa and covered her face with blanket.

•••

Azma Randhawa called Hanif Mirza to know if they are coming to their house on Sunday, she wanted Kubra to come there too so that Sarim and her could talk to each other. And once again, Sarim Randhawa's proposal was getting discussed in the house. Even Rabia and Arzoo were in the favour of Sarim Randhawa. Asiya Begum suggested Hyra to talk to Hayder and make him change his mind. On which she surrendered her hands.

•••

"Ek rishta hi toh mana hua hai. Sab itna kya soch rahe hain." Kubra has now become irritated by Sarim's name. Why does everyone keep talking about him. This is not the first proposal which she received, and this is not the first time Hayder rejected someone without even meeting him, why are they making huge deal out of it?

(It's just one proposal, why is everyone making huge deal out of it?)

"Baba aur Shahzaib bhai ko lagta hai yeh rishta achha hai, apke kabil hain." Hyra informed her. Both girls didn't have anything better to to do.

(Baba and Shahzaib bhai thinks that this is perfect proposal for you.)

Hyra was now free from her college, and Kubra also doesn't have to do anything at home. They were sitting idly on the balcony and talking. Hyra didn't tell Kubra or Uswa about her conversation with Hayder. She always dhares everything with Uswa, but this time, her heart didn't want talk about this to anyone.

"Waise uss din call ayi thi mujhe Sarim ki." Kubra didn't realise when she said this, she was deeply thinking about Sarim's call, and these words just slipped from her lips.

(Sarim called me that day.)

"What? Kya kaha unhone?" Hyra's eyes widened, as she almost shouted.

(What did he say?)

Kubra put her finger on her lips, asking her to lower her voice.

"Aisa kuch khas nahi kaha..." She was trying to avoid what Sarim said, but when Hyra looked at her with suspicious eyes, Kubra gave in and told her everything honestly.

(He didn't say anything special...)

"Toh, Kubra api, aap kya chahti hain?" After listening to everything, Hyra asked.

(So, Kubra api, what do you want?)

This was the first time when someone asked her what does she wants. Hayder didn't ask her before rejeceting Sarim. Zara didn't ask her if she likes Sarim or not, she was just telling Kubra to say yes for Sarim. Neither Hanif Mirza or Shahzaib bothered to ask Kubra her opinion. Hyra was the first one who asked what does she wants.

"Pata nahi. I mean, jiss Sarim ko main janti thi school mein, woh... woh koi playboy nahi, woh genuine tha, kisi bhi larki ke sath free nahi tha. Lekin yeh baat school ki hai, ab woh kaisa hai mujhe kya maloom. Woh genuine hai ya nahi mujhe kya maloom."

(I don't know. I mean, the Sarim I knew in school he... he wasn't a playboy, he was genuine, he wasn't free with any girl. But this was in school, how he is now I don't know. I don't know if he is genuine now or not.)

"Genuine na hote toh rishta kyu bhejte?" Hyra asked. "Shayad baba sahi hain, ek baar mil lena chahiye unse."

(If he wasn't genuine then he wouldn't have sent a proposal.)
(Maybe Baba is right, we should meet him.)

"Hayder bhai mana kar chuke hain." Kubra reminds her.

(Hayder bhai already refuses.)

Hyra pouted, "Woh toh kisi ki nahi sunte. Lekin sab unke hisab se toh nahi ho sakta na. Aap bataiye aap kya chahti hain?"

(He never listen to anyone. But not everything could happen according to him. Tell me what do you want?)

"Pata nahi. Mujhe abhi shadi hi nahi karni." Looking away from Hyra's face, Kubra mumbles.

(I don't know. I don't want to marry yet.)

"Shadi toh baad mein bhi ho sakti hai. Lekin iski wajah se achha rishta toh nahi kho sakte na. Uswa aur Rafey bhai bhi toh kabse engaged hain, shadi tabhi hogi jab Uswa ready hogi."

(You can marry later. This is not a reason to reject a good proposal. Uswa and Rafey bhai are engaged since years, but their marriage will only happen when Uswa will be ready.)

"Hyra, Hayder bhai mana kar chuke hain, aur unhone mana kar diya iska matlab duniya ki koi bhi cheez unka faisla nahi badal sakti."

(Hyra, Hayder bhai already rejected him, and if he has said something, then nothing can change his mind.)

"Agar woh mana na karte toh?" Hyra asked, she was adamant on getting the answer from Kubra.

(If he hadn't rejected Sarim then?)

"Toh?... toh..." Kubra struggle to get any answer. So what?

(Then?... then...)

Hyra got her answer in Kubra's hesitation. There won't be a harm meeting Sarim Randhawa.

•••

Hyra was avoiding Hayder, but after her conversation with Kubra, she decided to talk to him. He can not take decisions for everyone. If his marriage was forced doesn't mean he have to force his decision on others too. He should let Kubra take her own decision. This is what she wanted to talk to him. But before she could do so, Hayder informed everyone on the dining table that he is going to Mumbai for a meeting. Dawar was supposed to go, but now that Laraib is pregnant, Hayder suggested him to stay with Laraib and he will attend the meeting.

•••

"Baba," Knocking on Hanif Mirza's room door, Hyra called him.

"Hyra, aao bachhe." He took off his specs and put his tablet away, calling her in.

(Hyra, come in dear.)

"Kya hua? Kuch hua hai?" Hanif Mirza asked her.

(What happened?)

"Baba, woh Sarim Randhawa ka proposal..." Hyra started saying,

(Baba, about Sarim Randhawa's proposal...)

"Haan, Hayder se baat hui tumhari iss silsile mein?" Hanif again asked.

(Yes, did you talk to Hayder about this?)

"Ji, woh keh rahe hain ki aap log mil aye unse." Quickly, Hyra told him.

(Yes, he said you can meet Sarim Randhawa once.)

"Kya wakai?" Hanif Mirza was surprised to know this.

(Really?)

"Ji!" Hyra nods her head. She was not looking at Hanif Mirza, she was feeling guilty of lying to him, but again, Kubra's gloomy face made her do this. Kubra at least deserve to meet Sarim once.

(Yes!)

"Yeh toh bohot achhi baat hai, woh ajaye Mumbai se toh hum jayenge unke yaha." Hanif Mirza become happy with the news. Hyra's eyes widened.

(That's a good news, when Hayder will return from Mumbai, then we will go to Sarim's house.)

"Nahi! I mean... inko toh time lagega, woh keh rahe the aap log kal chale jaye. Waise bhi bhi sirf milne hi jana haina, Sarim ko toh yeh jante hi hain. Aap mil aye bas." Hyra was speaking very fast.

(No! I mean... he will be late, he said you all should go there. And you have to meet Sarim only, he has already met Sarim.)

"Achha? Theek hai, yeh bhi sahi hai. Kal Sunday hai, fir kal chalte hain." Hanif Mirza didn't find anything odd in her behaviour and nods his head.

(Really? Okay, this is fine too. Tomorrow is Sunday, we shall go to their house.)

She took a breath of relief out and excused herself. If Hayder knew she lied to Hanif Mirza about his decision, he would surely now do something which he only gave her threats of before.

Dubara mere samne zuban chalaya toh zubana kaat dunga.

Nikalu tumhari akarh.

Entering her room, she went to lay down on the bed. Now that he wasn't here again, he again went to sleep on the bed, but for some reason, she couldn't sleep, again. Why is it that the lone room scares her so much? Is Hayder's presence a lullaby that she fell asleep so peacefully when he is in the room? She shook her head violently on this thought.

•••

Oh ho, Hyra is being chalak bro😶 did she do the right thing?

Khair, what y'all think of this story so far?

-Ufaq

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

148K 15.2K 15
When they both were forced into engagement by elders. She was 18 and he was 29. He didn't like any of this, he never want to marry some 18 year old g...
39.1K 2K 33
𝙱𝙾𝙾𝙺 𝙾𝙽𝙴 𝙾𝙡 π™·π™Έπš‚ πš‚π™΄πšπ™Έπ™΄πš‚ [ π™³π™°πšπ™Ί πšπ™Ύπ™Όπ™°π™½π™²π™΄] OUR ROYAL ALLIANCE (#BOOK 1) INDIAN ROMANCE πŸ›Ί I pretend to look around, but I'm...
324K 10.2K 42
WARNING: THIS BOOK NEEDS MAJOR EDITING (Book I in broken series) "What are you doing on my bed? Get down right now." He growled. i got startled and...
25.7K 1K 30
Qaraabat meaning relationship, vicinity, nearness,affinity. The story of Yazaan Ibrahim and Warisha Yazaan. Bound by the beautiful bond of Nikkah. Bu...