Meerasim Ki Dunya

By FWriter3247

What if Meerab and Murtasim always had feelings for each other but kept them hidden because they were both un... More

Chapter 1. Meerab
Chapter 2. Murtasim
Chapter 3. Graduation
Chapter 5. Making Amends
Chapter 6. Apology
Chapter 7. Engagement
Chapter 8. A Turn Of Events
Chapter 9. NIKAH
Chapter 10. Wedding Night
Chapter 11. At The Village
Chapter 12. Reactions
Chapter 13. Heart Attack
Chapter 14. Love Of Your Life
Chapter 15. Discussions
Chapter 15. Discussions (2)
Chapter 16. The Family Jewels
Chapter 17. Jealousy & Greed
Chapter 18. Sanjeeda Faisla
Chapter 19. Walima
Chapter 20. Matters of the Heart
Chapter 21. Lost
Chapter 22. Found
Chapter 23. A New Beginning
Chapter 24. Guilt
Chapter 25. Worry
A/N
Chapter 26: Care
Chapter 27: Fear

Chapter 4. Promise

2.2K 126 15
By FWriter3247

Murtasim observed Meerab pacing angrily in the garden. Reminded of his own impulsive behavior in the past, where he had disregarded the family honor, he felt a pang of guilt. He decided it was time to approach her and give her the opportunity to be heard. She deserved to have someone listen to her.

Murtasim signaled to Anwar to proceed to the car and made his way towards Meerab. "Meerab!" he called out to her.

"I don't want to talk to you," she responded curtly.

"But I want to," Murtasim insisted, closing the distance with just two long strides, positioning himself in front of her.

"I'm here to listen, to understand what happened," he expressed sincerely.

"Oh wow, bohat jaldi khayal nahi aa gaya?" Her voice had an underlying tone of sarcasm.

"Meerab, please. I'm already pressed for time," Murtasim pleaded.

Meerab took a deep breath and made the decision to disclose everything, fully aware that this was the only way to clear her name.

Unbeknownst to both of them, Anwar stood at a distance, attentively listening to the explanation.

Once Meerab finished speaking, Murtasim responded, "Alright, I'll handle the situation and ensure that Naseeb faces the consequences. You don't need to worry about it any longer. I will also explain everything to Chacha Sahab."

"Uss ki zaroorat nahi hai. Beta mei tum se mazrat chahta hu. Tum tou waqayi apna difa kar rahi thi." Anwar muttered guiltily.
(There's no need of that. I'm sorry for not believing you dear. You were really defending yourself.)

"It's alright, Baray Abu. Misunderstandings can happen in relationships, but if we don't address them through communication, they will only escalate," Meerab expressed calmly before heading back inside the house.

"Anwar Chacha, I believe you also owe an apology to Waqas Chacha," Murtasim said once Meerab had left, to which Anwar nodded in agreement, acknowledging his responsibility.

"Waqas hum ne bachi ko samajhne me ghalti kardi shayad. Meerab ne jo kiya theek hi kiya. Agar uss ki koi ghalti hai tou wo ye hai ke wo baghair bataye ghar se chali gayi." Anwar explained to Waqas who was glad to hear that the misunderstanding was cleared up.
(Waqas I think we misunderstood Meerab. What she did was right, her only mistake if any was that she left without informing anyone.)

---

"Mubarak ho Anwar, beti huwi hai", Salma Begum's voice broke through the silence in the living room where Shah Nawaz Khan, Anwar Khan and Waqas Ahmed were seated awaiting the good news.
(Congratulations Anwar. It's a girl)

Salma Begum handed the little princess to her husband who took her in his arms and kissed her on the forehead. "Mere Murtasim ki Meerab hai ye." He uttered and gave Meerab to Anwar.
(She is my Murtasim's Meerab.)

Everybody was happy till Anila came outside of the room and said, "Bhabhi Begum, Anwar Bhai Nazia Bhabhi ko hosh nahi aa raha."
(Bhabhi Begum, Anwar Bhai Nazia Bhabhi is still unconscious.)

Salma Begum and Anwar Khan hurriedly entered the room where the midwife delivered the devastating news of Nazia's passing. The weight of this tragedy shattered Anwar's heart and cast a shadow over the joyous atmosphere surrounding Meerab's birth.

In an attempt to alleviate Anwar's grief, Salma Begum brought the baby into the room, hoping the sight would bring him solace. However, his reaction took her completely by surprise. "Le jaye isse yaha se. Mei iss ki shakal tak nahi dekhna chahta."
(Take her away from here. I don't even want to look at her.)

"Lekin Anwar ye tumhari beti hai. Nazia ki akhri nishani hai. Khuda ki rahmat hai", Salma Begum tried to comfort him.
(But Anwar she's your daughter, she is the last sign of your wife and she's a blessing from God.

"Nahi hai ye meri beti, na hi rehmat hai mere liye, meri biwi ki qatil hai ye qatil." Anwar responded his voice filled with sorrow and anger.
(She is not my daughter and how can she be a blessing when she killed my wife?)

"Kaha jayegi ye?" Salma Begum asked helplessly.
(Where will she go then?)

"Meri bala se jaha bhi jaye, bas is ghar me nahi rahegi. Ap chahen tou isse dargah pe de aye ya zameen ke andar dafna den mujhy koi faraq nahi parta." Anwar expressed in a I-couldn't-care-less tone.
(I don't care, I just don't want to see her in this house. You can either give her up at the dargah or bury her alive.)

In tears, Maa Begum took Meerab outside and told Shah Nawaz what Anwar had said.

Shah Nawaz turned to Waqas.
"Waqas tum mere ache dost ho na. Ek dost aur bhai ki haisiyat se ek ehsan lena chahta hu."
(Waqas you're a really good friend of mine. As a friend and a brother I need a favour from you.)

"Kesi baatein kar rahe hain ap. Ap ka hukam sar ankho pe." Waqas told his friend.
(What are you talking about? I have always put your decisions in high regard.)

"Mei apni Meerab ko aj tumhe aur Anila ko sonp raha hu. Lekin yad rakhna ke ye Murtasim ki amanat hai tumhare pas. Jab sahi waqt ayega tou tum isse wapas haveli le kar aoge chahe mei zinda rahu ya na rahu." Shah Nawaz explained the request.
(Today I'm handing over my Meerab to you. But do remember that I'm entrusting you with Murtasim's responsibility. When the time is right, you'll bring her back here whether I'm alive or not.)

"Ye ek bhai ka dusre bhai se wada raha. Allah ap ko lambi zindagi de." Waqas promised his friend.
(This is a promise made by one brother to another. May Allah grant you a long life.)

End of flashback

"Kya soch rahe hain Waqas?" Anila asked him as he seemed in deep thoughts.
(What are you thinking Waqas?)

"Ussi pachis sal purane waaday ke baray me soch raha hu. Kisi bhi waqt ab uss waday ko nibhana parega aur ek bar phir meri goad khali reh jayegi." Waqas replied in a sad tone.
(I'm thinking about the promise I made 25 years ago. Any time soon I'll have to fulfill it and once again I'll be empty handed.)

"Aese nahi sochte Waqas. Hum beti ke maa bap hain, agar ye wada na bhi hota tou Meerab ki kahi na kahi tou shadi hoti na. Aur wo beti hai humari, ati jati rahegi." His wife tried to comfort him.
(Don't think like this Waqas. Even if this promise didn't exist, we are still parents of a girl, we would've had to marry her somewhere. And she's our daughter, I'm sure she'll keep visiting us.

"Sari haqeeqat janne ke bad agar uss ne hume peeche murr ke bhi na dekha tou?" Waqas expressed the nature of his worry to Anila.
(What if she abandoned us after knowing the truth?)

"Aesa kuch nahi hoga Waqas. Ap ki fikar bilawaja hai."
(Nothing like this will happen. You're worrying uselessly.)

"Allah kare aesa hi ho."
(I hope you're right.)

---
It was a few months later and Meerab was talking to her best friend Saba on call.

Meerab: "Yar Saba I'm so excited. Finally I'm enrolling for LLM."

Saba: "Ijazat mil gayi tumhe?"
(Did you get the permission?)

Meerab: "Han yar iss chakkar me ek semester waste hogaya but I'm glad mere grades ki waja se admission hogya. Aur phir I have 1 month to cover up before my classes for next semester start."
(Yeah, I managed to get permission, but I wasted one semester because of it. However, I'm glad my grades secured my admission. And now I have one month to catch up before my classes for the next semester begin.)

Saba: "Wese tou aesa hoga nahi but if you need any help batadena."
(It is unlikely but if you do need help you can reach out to me.)

Meerab: "Sure Sure."

Saba: "By the way Rohail tumhe surprise party de raha hai, on your birthday."
(Oh, by the way, Rohail is planning a surprise party for you on your birthday.)

Meerab: "Rohail?"

Saba: "Yes I think he plans to propose to you on your birthday."

Meerab: "Yar tum uss se bolo I'm not interested."
(Please tell him that I'm not interested.)

Saba: "Hint de chuki hu mei usse but you know him. He won't believe me till you tell him yourself."
(I've already hinted at him but I don't think he would believe me unless you told him your self.)

Meerab: "Chalo let's see kya hota hai. Bye Saba." Meerab always ignored any kind of male attraction in her college and university, her sole focus had always been her studies.
(Okay let's see what happens. Bye Saba.)

Saba: "GoodBye Meerab."

The next morning Waqas and Anila were getting ready to leave for Hyderabad.
"Beta hum nikal rahe hain, tum apni friends ki party attend kar ke aa jana Hyderabad okay?" Waqas instructed her.
(We're leaving dear. You also come to Hyderabad after you've attended your party with your friends.)

"Okay Baba Khuda Hafiz have a safe journey."
"Khuda Hafiz beta."

"Khuda Hafiz Meerab. Khayal rakhna apna." Her mama told her, slightly worried about leaving Meerab alone.
(Bye Meerab. Take care of yourself.)

"Yes Mama."

Meerab, accompanied by Saba and Inaya, went to the salon for her makeup and hairdo. She always paid attention to her appearance before going anywhere, and since it was her birthday, she wanted to look extra special.

The party started off on a high note. Rohail had invited everyone from Meerab's university circle. She was thrilled as she cut the cake, unaware that Murtasim had also arrived at the party location.

Upon witnessing Meerab cut the cake, Rohail, who stood beside her, gracefully knelt down on one knee and expressed his feelings. "Meerab, I know that we are best friends, and I will cherish that bond forever. However, I believe our connection extends beyond friendship. I love you wholeheartedly and promise to bring eternal happiness into your life. Will you marry me?"

Meerab's astonishment was evident, despite Saba's prior caution. Since Murtasim's betrayal, she had guarded her heart from allowing any man to hold sway over it. Before she could respond, a hand firmly grasped hers from behind. Without even glancing over her shoulder, Meerab instantly recognized Murtasim's touch.

Observing the wrathful Murtasim accompanied by two guards, Rohail began to feel a hint of fear. Slowly rising to his feet, prompted by Saba's nudge, he grasped the situation. "This is Murtasim, the son of Meerab's father's friend-the one Meerab has feelings for. That's why I warned you against this," Saba whispered to him in a hushed tone.

"Meerab, let's leave this place," Murtasim's voice boomed.

Meerab nodded in agreement and then shifted her gaze towards Rohail. "We have always been just friends. I wish you hadn't tarnished our friendship in this way."

Meerab's words pacified the inner turmoil that had surged within Murtasim upon the mere thought of Meerab belonging to someone else. Hastily, Murtasim exited the venue, pulling Meerab along, her shorter steps unable to keep up with his long strides.

As they found sanctuary inside the car, Murtasim finally remembered to take a breath. The overwhelming desire to inflict torment on the individual who dared to entertain thoughts about Meerab in such a manner had consumed him.

"Calm down, Murtasim. I didn't realize that things were so complicated. Even if you hadn't shown up, I would have still declined his proposal," Meerab asserted.

"Why would you decline? He appears to be an ideal match for you. He's also a lawyer, and he seemed to come from a well-established family. So, what's the reason for rejecting him?" Murtasim sought clarification, wanting to be certain.

"After what you did to me, Murtasim, I find it difficult to trust any man in this world, except for my Baba," Meerab replied, her voice filled with the pain of past betrayal.

In a fit of frustration, Murtasim struck the steering wheel. He had anticipated any response except for this one. It's astonishing how words can escape your lips unintentionally, and once spoken, they become irrevocable, impossible to retract. A comparable incident had occurred with him five years ago. He was aware that he had caused her pain, yet he had suppressed that remorse within himself, trying to numb the pain his heart had suffered upon their separation. However, her response was now resurfacing that feeling of guilt, reminding him of his past actions.

The drive to the Khan Mansion passed in silence, each of them engulfed in their own thoughts.

********************************

What do you all think? Please do comment your feedback.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 61.4K 38
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
365K 21.8K 78
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
766K 17.3K 46
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
166K 4.9K 51
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) ⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆ IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...