Rising Rays of the New Centur...

Por KageNishi

In the year 2040, Japan returned to Earth from the other world of Terralus under the guidance of a comet. At... Mais

Part 1: Tokyo Expo
Tokyo Expo in Chaos
Joint Investigation
Japanese Empire's Chaos
A New Case
The Truth Revealed
The Canine Lord
The End of 21st Century
Vampire Siblings
Fear of Vampire
The Vampiric Menace
Eternal Mermaid
A Shadow Looming Over the Mermaid
Sora: The Far Reaches of Universe
World Expo Closing Ceremony
Part 2: Overseas
The Warlord City, Changsha
Inspection of the Construction Site
Europe of Illusions
The Dark Side of the Japanese Embassy
The Sisters of Tragedy
On Christmas Eve
The Satori and the Catalan Girl
Men Running on the Sea and in the Sky
Japanese Magical Drugs
The Devil's Identity
Epic Aerial Battle: Fairy vs US-2
Part 3: Yokohama Dragon God
Ice Queen
Rumored Japanese History Teacher
Shining Night Kamaitachi
Enchanting Songstress
High School of Magic and Witchcraft
Yokohama Bay Entertainment City
The Girl with Midas' Hand
Golden Power and the Fateful Encounter
The End of the Golden Banquet and a New Threat
A World Where Humanity is the Minority
Cultural Festival Season is Here!
Schoolgirl Abduction
Crisis of the Space Battleship Fusō
The Golden Banquet and the Awakening of Fusō
Terror of the Vampires
Battle of Yokohama
The Blue Dragon's Beautiful Servant
The Comet and the Unwanted Visitor
Part 3.5: The Space Frontier
Settings and Glossary
Characters List
Part 4: The Space Wars
Alien Invasion
Occupation of Mars
Space Drifters Union and the International Federation
The Queen's Descent onto Mars
New Developments
The Expulsion Movement and the Witch of Mars
The Queen's Desire
The Great Escape
Disturbing Trend
The Queen's Descent to Earth
Ideals and Reality
Coup
Crisis of the Solar System
Attack on Titan
Queen's Guard
The Demise of Mars

Messenger from Earth

69 5 0
Por KageNishi

March 21, 2199

Shackleton-Taketori Base, International Federation Space Force, Lunar Capital Taketori

Moon.

This celestial body, Earth's only satellite, was the first celestial body where humanity settled. Currently, it has been surpassed in population by Mars, which has become almost the same as Earth in terms of environment, but it still has a population of 1 billion, making it the second-largest among the celestial bodies in the solar system, excluding Earth.

There are 78 cities scattered across the lunar surface, and an extensive railway network connects these cities underground. The prosperous capital of the moon, Taketori, is a city of 15 million located in the Shackleton Crater at the lunar South Pole. The crater is filled with numerous structures, forming a sprawling metropolis. Unlike Mars, outdoor activities without spacesuits are impossible, so people live inside sealed structures. Within these enclosed spaces, air and water recycling systems have been established, allowing people to enjoy a lifestyle similar to that on Earth.

Outside the Shackleton Crater is the largest extraterrestrial International Federation Space Force base, the IFSF Shackleton-Taketori Base, serving as the headquarters for the IFSF Lunar Area Force.

The base consists of multiple hangars, with rows of space fighters parked inside. Adjacent to the base are harbor facilities for the arrival and departure of space battleships. It boasts the largest scale among the IFSF bases scattered throughout the solar system, and not only the Japanese Imperial Armed Forces but also space fighters from the United States and the European Union are deployed, much like the Suiryu Base on Mars. And now, pilots are lined up in those hangars. At the forefront of their gaze is the holographic display projecting the image of Vice Admiral Rin Mineoka, the commander of the Lunar Area Force.

"Tomorrow, the International Federation delegation will depart from Washington, D.C., heading to the occupied Mars. Our mission is to safely escort the spacecraft carrying the delegation to Mars!"

The International Federation delegation is being dispatched from Earth to the occupied Mars. The existence of the Space Drifters Union will be publicly announced, and the first public meeting will commence. The pilots stationed at the lunar base are tasked by the IF with escorting the space cruiser carrying the delegation.

"This solar system is our world! To protect our world, we must succeed in this negotiation at all costs! The future of the solar system depends on the success of this mission! Everyone, stake your lives on its success!" Vice Admiral Mineoka delivered a passionate speech. The pilots and maintenance crew who hear it once again steel themselves for the mission.

'Aliens... I can't believe I might actually lay my eyes on them with my own eyes...'

Among them is Lieutenant Toshimichi Togo, a fighter pilot from the 2nd Air Group. He is one of the soldiers seconded from the Imperial Japanese Space Force to the IFSF. He harbored both anxiety and faint hope for contact with extraterrestrial lifeforms he has yet to encounter.

The possession of space-faring ships is limited to the IJSF, the IFSF, the European Union Space Force, as well as state-owned organizations like the Japanese National Spaceline of Solar System, and a few private organizations authorized by national governments and the IF. Furthermore, due to the revision of the Space Treaty, military activities by single nations or private companies on celestial bodies other than Earth have been formally prohibited. Thus, around the same time as the establishment of the Space Development Organization, the International Federation Space Force was organized, and military activities in space are now solely carried out by the IFSF

The IFSF, in theory, is composed of personnel and armaments provided by the space forces of various countries, similar to a peacekeeping force. However, in reality, it relies heavily on the Japanese military and is generally perceived as almost the same military force as the Imperial Japanese Armed Forces. Therefore, the IFSF is sometimes derisively referred to as the "Imperial forces."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

March 23, 2199

Earth

Tokyo Spaceport, off Suruga Bay, Shizuoka Prefecture, Japan

In the early 22nd century, the world's first spaceport was built in Japan's territorial waters as a departure and arrival point for regular routes connecting Earth and space, accessible to civilians as well. This is the Tokyo Spaceport. It is a mega-float spanning four kilometers, where nearly 20 space cargo and passenger ships come and go each day. In addition to numerous passengers, it delivers support supplies from Earth to various celestial bodies and transports resources mined from those bodies back to Earth. In addition to this location, there are also spaceports in the United States, Europe, and the Indian Ocean, where countless people travel between Earth and space. However, since the attack on Mars, all of these ports have experienced service disruptions, and even Tokyo Port is now quiet and deserted.

But on this day, a specially chartered flight from the International Federation had docked at Pier 1. The IF delegation was finally preparing to depart for Mars. Numerous journalists crowded in, hoping to capture this historic moment in photographs.

"RLV Code 01091, Cargo-Passenger Ship Nayuta, departure preparations complete."

"No issues with the fusion engine or gravity inhibition mechanism."

The final check before departure was completed, and preparations for the space vessel named Nayuta were in order. A group of individuals dressed in luxury suits sat in the passenger seats on board, eagerly awaiting the moment of departure. They were the Earth delegation organized by the IF.

"...Ladies and gentlemen, we apologize for the wait. We will soon depart. Please fasten your seatbelts securely as the ship may experience significant movement when it lifts off the water."

An announcement signaling the departure was heard. Shortly after, amidst the noisy sounds of the engines, the spacecraft slowly began to move.

"Vertical thrust initiated, gravity inhibition rate from 0 to 10. 20, 50, 70...!"

Special materials installed on the bottom of the ship inhibited gravity, reducing the gravitational force acting upon the vessel. The massive 500-hull of Nayuta effortlessly leaped into the air, defying its size. This gravity inhibition technology was the cornerstone supporting space development in this era, and it was one of the legacies of the 28th century that Japan had kept secret for a long time. As a result, the cost-effectiveness and safety of interplanetary takeoffs and landings significantly improved, rapidly advancing humanity's expansion into space. However, information about the special materials used to inhibit gravity remains a black box, as the Japanese government has not authorized license production overseas.

"Our ship has just lifted off the water's surface. After rendezvousing with the Lunar International Federation Space Force at Taketori, we will proceed to Suiryu on Mars. The estimated arrival time at Suiryu is 5 o'clock on March 25th, local time..."

The flight route appeared on screens installed in each seat. Freed from Earth's gravity, the space freighter Nayuta quickly reached outer space, surpassing the altitude at which passenger planes fly.

"Artificial gravity has been activated. Please use the magnetic shoes when moving around the ship."

The seatbelt sign went off. The announced "artificial gravity" refers to magnetic force. In all space vessels except for the Fusō, a magnetic force is generated on the ship's bottom, and passengers wear special shoes to simulate artificial gravity.

"........."

Junta Piwaran, the Secretary-General of the International Federation, who served as the delegation's representative, stared at the vast expanse of space outside the window with a determined gaze. The weight of humanity's future rested on her shoulders as the representative of Earth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IF Space Development Organization, Tsukuba City, Chiba Prefecture, Japanese Empire

Within the Tsukuba Science City area, there was the headquarters of space development projects. It is the IF Space Development Organization (IFSDO)), an organization that centrally oversees and supervises the now worldwide endeavor of space development. Since the full-scale start of space colonization, it has also taken on the administrative responsibilities of these space cities. While it is officially a specialized agency of the IF, on par with UNICEF and WHO, its power and financial resources far surpass those of other specialized agencies.

The origin of this distorted structure can be traced back to the early 22nd century when a contract was exchanged between the Japanese government and the IF, under the condition of disclosing 28th-century technologies. On paper, the SDA is an agency under the jurisdiction of the IF. However, in reality, the Japanese government holds the power of personnel decisions, and its true nature is an overseas branch of the Japanese Ministry of Space Development. Furthermore, even after more than half a century since the start of space colonization, local autonomy is not recognized on various celestial bodies, and administrative officials dispatched by the SDA govern those bodies. Therefore, the Japanese government virtually held all administrative power in space. People mockingly refer to its true nature as the "Empire of the Solar System." In the headquarters of this Solar System Empire, one man is contemplating.

"...If there is any means to counter the Union on Earth right now, it is only Fusō. However, even the Fusō falls behind their technology by hundreds of years."

Riyoshi, who serves as the representative of the SDA, is conducting a remote conference in his room. The faces of researchers belonging to the organization were displayed on the screen of his laptop.

"...Then, even the Fusō is no match for them?"

Riyoshi's face, upon hearing the researcher's report, grew stern. The researcher carefully chose his words to convey the facts.

"...That is correct. In the event that an all-out war breaks out with them, humanity has no chance of winning."

The SDA has secretly conducted dozens of simulations, preparing for a state of war with the Space Drifters Union. However, the answer given by the AI in every simulation was always "Earth will lose."

"However, their goal is the planet Earth itself. They should not engage in indiscriminate destruction... There might be an opening there."

The researcher pointed out a hopeful observation. At this moment, all they could do was hope for successful negotiations with the Union.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

March 23, 2199

District 7 (High-End Residential Area), Suiryu, the capital of Mars

Five days after the attack on Mars, Itsuki sought refuge in the mansion of the wealthy businessman Nagamisawa. While he worried about Sumiichiro's well-being, he continued to live in fear of the occupation forces' surveillance, unable to take action.

"...Atsushi-san, here's your tea."

"Oh, sorry."

Itsuki carried a teacup filled with tea to Atsushi, who accepted the teacup with a word of thanks. He was currently watching the news on his computer in his room. Despite the media censorship imposed by the occupation forces, guerrilla journalism vividly depicted the current situation in Suiryu.

Destroyed houses, repeated suppression of demonstrations by the people... Countless plumes of black smoke rising, symbolizing the era of space exploration. The largest extraterrestrial city, Suiryu, lay in ruins. Itsuki watched the images with bated breath.

"Concerned about something?"

"...Yes."

Nagamisawa sensed her feelings, and Itsuki nodded in response. She couldn't help but worry about Sumiichiro, her adoptive father. However, Nagamisawa had discouraged her from going out into the city where enemy troops roamed.

"But... leaving here now might be a good opportunity. I received a disturbing email from the administration just now. It's likely that..."

"...Eh?"

But contrary to before, Nagamisawa urged her to leave the mansion. Itsuki wore a puzzled expression, but right after that, the doorbell rang. A virtual display popped up in front of Nagamisawa. It showed a security guard.

"Master... Representatives from the Mars Administrative Agency and the occupation forces have arrived."

"Go out here. Don't let them in yet."

"Yes, sir, I'll switch to the intercom camera."

Nagamisawa placed the teacup on the desk. The virtual display switched from the security guard's face to the intercom camera.

"Mr. Atsushi Nagamisawa, this is a representative from the Mars Administrative Agency. As we informed you by email yesterday, this mansion has been seized by the Space Drifters Union's Mars occupation forces. The administration will provide a new place of residence, taking full responsibility. Please cooperate and hand over the mansion peacefully."

"...What!? How dare you!"

The display showed a messenger from the Mars Administrative Agency. Itsuki, upon hearing his words, became indignant at the injustice. However, Nagamisawa himself remained composed and spoke with a firm tone to Itsuki, who stood beside him.

"Enemy occupation forces will soon come to this District 7 as well! Leave through the back door!"

"...B-but...!"

"Hurry!"

"...Ugh!!"

Overwhelmed by Nagamisawa's strong words, Itsuki reluctantly left his room, feeling a tugging sensation at the back of his mind. He then rushed out of the mansion through a different entrance from the main front door, where the visitors were present.

'Just wait for me! ...Pastor-san!'

With tears welling up in the corners of her eyes, Itsuki ran towards District 4, where the church was located.

District 1, Suiryu

District 4, where the church was located, and District 7 were on opposite sides of the city, separated by District 1, the city center. And in the central square of District 1, demonstrations and riots continued without end.

"Away with the aliens!"

"Return our families!"

"This solar system belongs to us, humans! Aliens must leave!"

Many Suiryu citizens held placards with words in various languages as they gathered in front of the Mars Administrative Agency building, which had now become the headquarters of the occupation forces. A massive android operated by the Space Drifters Union stood guard there as a security force.

"...Firing tear gas rounds."

The giant android indiscriminately fired tear gas rounds toward the demonstrators. Numerous tear gas canisters were released upon impact, engulfing the crowd.

"AAAAAAAHH!!"

"GYAAAAAA!!"

The people panicked, scattering and fleeing. Shortly after, a water cannon showered them, as if adding insult to injury. The city center was obscured by tear gas, rendering everything invisible. Amidst this chaos, the demonstrators retaliated by throwing Molotov cocktails and homemade grenades, resulting in numerous injuries.

".........!"

Itsuki, who had taken out an electric bicycle intended for tourists and was heading towards District 4, arrived at the central square and collided with the ongoing suppression of the demonstration.

'...What should I do?'

She gradually slowed down the bicycle. Avoiding the square would mean taking a longer detour. However, it was clear that rushing headlong into the riot in front of her would put her life at risk.

"Mom... I'm sorry! Just this once, let me use this power...!"

Screams and explosions echoed. Itsuki tightly gripped the pendant hanging around her neck. Finally, she made up her mind, pushing the electric bicycle to its maximum speed and charging into the midst of the tear gas haze.

"...Happy Charm!"

At that moment, her hidden power was unleashed. Itsuki, clad in magical energy, plunged straight into the heart of the riot. As people scattered in panic, tear gas canisters were launched one after another, tear gas filled the air, and debris scattered, but they all seemed to miss Itsuki as she continued straight ahead, passing through the chaos as if nothing had happened.

Mouri Street, District 4

Itsuki, who had passed through the midst of the riot, finally reached the church where her home was located. As she abandoned the electric bicycle and hurried to the scene, what she saw was the utterly devastated sight of the crushed church.

"...N-no... the church...!"

Unable to bear it, Itsuki reached out her hand to the pile of rubble and began moving the accumulated stones and wood fragments.

"...Pastor-san! Pastor-san!"

Itsuki desperately called out for Sumiichiro. Tears streamed down her face as she pushed through the debris. And finally, she found 'it.'

"Ah..."

Buried within the rubble was a fragment of the ceremonial attire that Sumiichiro used to wear during Mass. Seeing the piece, stained with blood, Itsuki was plunged into the depths of despair.

"No... Pastor-san...!"

Itsuki clung to the fragment, crying. And deep within the sobbing girl, a new fervor began to sprout.

"...They must die! Those aliens must die!"

Itsuki revealed her vengeful feelings towards the Space Drifters Union. This incident became the catalyst that would drive the 15-year-old girl to plunge into battle.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

564K 38.8K 47
THE YEAR IS 2050. Human-like androids have become integrated into society and every household, becoming part of our daily lives. They look exactly li...
1.8M 71.7K 125
The Mob Character Shouldn't Have A Yandere Harem?! 50 years ago, rifts started to open around the world. Portals to other dimensions. And with their...
114K 4.3K 88
It was another typical day for the average lonely commoner, Shin Kagami. Another day where he juz laze around on his bed doing nothing but, 'Dream, F...
6.5K 329 45
"Are we 400 years in the past?" In December 1941, with the outbreak of the Greater East Asia War, the Imperial Japanese Army and Navy units that were...