Aphmau X Child! Reader

By RJMOSS01

You sniffled after taking another beating but some werewolves. Even though you hid your ears and tail, I gue... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chaper 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
✅ Mystreet Season 1 ✅
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
✅ Mystreet Season 2 ✅
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
✅Mystreet Season 3✅
Not a chapter #1 (don't skip pls, its art-)
Season 4 - Teaser
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Uhm....Why did I not know this??
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
✅️ Season 4 ✅️
{Update on ✅️Season 4✅️}
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Not a Chapter #2 (Update)
Chapter 5

Chapter 1

1.4K 52 33
By RJMOSS01

It was cold.

That means, winter was coming soon.

She wore a large hooded sweater that was clearly too big for her small frail body as it nearly reached her tiny dirty feet.

But that didn't matter.

What mattered was the amazing new-found warmth that enveloped her hands. What she had was heavy.

And thick.

And it smelt like lots and lots of goodness packed into one thing!

It was..magic!

Her werewolf ears twitched curiously, tail given just enough room to switch back and forth excitedly.

Was it okay? Was she allowed to indulge in something so nice? Shes never been allowed to have nice things, surely she's not allowed to have this either.

Looking up at him with a watery mouth, she licked her lips. A questioning noise came from her, and he smiled.

Smiled and laughed, putting a large hand on her head to give her a gentle pat. Her ears had flattened from it. His hand was heavy.

"Go ahead," He insisted. His rugged voice sounded incredibly tired but he still made sure to smile.

There was red staining the side of his hip but he still made sure to smile.

He was heartbroken and had no idea what he was going to do next but he still made sure to smile.

Because that's what she needed.

With everything that has happened so far, a smile is what she needed most.

"Eat. You need your strength to be big and strong. Strongest lil' pup know." He grinned.

Then a growl sounded from his own stomach. And that grin shortly turned into a frown. He saw that expression.

And before she could even try to put it down and pass the wamrth over to him, he gently grabbed her wrists and put the goodness into her face.

"I'm okay. Swear. I'm already big n' strong. Full grown pup. So..I don't need it as much as you. Okay?"

Looking between him and the warmth one more time, she caved. She sunk her fangless teeth into the burger with a whine of happiness, biting and biting until her cheeks were all full and she couldn't bite anymore.

A chuckle rumbled through his chest as he brought her a little closer. Relaxing when she didn't flinch away or cry.

He could cry.

Because--Because her!

This little ball of dirt and blood and grime and fluff was his now! And she didn't hate him for it.

A breathless laugh escaped him.

He'd do anything for this little girl, he knew that now. Anything.

"Ma-Make sure to chew, lil' pup..." He laughed. She looked up at him before awkwardly chewing a little slower.

She had to make sure she could swallow good enough to take more delicious bites of warmth!

Or, as he called it, 'burger'.

Either way, it was the best-est amazing-est thing that she's ever had! Even if her voice was still all scratchy from the screamin'...

She hummed in complete and utter bliss.

"Is it good?"

Swallowing her full mouth, she let out yips and huffs of glee to him, tail wagging bad and forth. It triggered his own tail, flinching in surprise when she also saw it sway back and forth shallowly.

"I'm glad you like it. Once we get out of this town, I'll make sure you have some of these everyday." "Ahh! Ahh!?"

"Mm..Okay--Maybe not everyday. Even big strong werewolfs need healthy food every now again. But I figured you'd be quite hungry. The...experiment probably left you weak..didn't it? That explains why you still don't know how to talk..."

She paused.

And, slowly, that happy mood dissipated and she fixed her gaze on her lap. Her chewing became slower.
And her smile was gone.

He gritted his teeth while holding her closer to his side, "I swear on my life. I won't let her get near you ever again."

He looked down at her, "Never again."

She held his gaze, but didn't seem to understand what exactly he meant by that. So she went back to her burger and started eating again.

He sighed, "Aren't we a sorry sight..We really need some help." His eyes hardened up again.

Tail and ears going stiff as she looked up at him with those eyes. Those beautiful eyes that swallow him whole and make him feel like his life was worth living.

He held his bleeding side, "And I know just who...

..can...

he..lp...

US

. . .

You woke up. You sat up in bed with Mom, a horrible headache washing over you. It hurt so bad, your ears went flat as you hissed in utter pain.

But it was still dark outside. Mom was still asleep too. Tears tracked her cheeks as she let out a small hiccup in her sleep.

You let a trembling hand dry them away, brushing her until nothing but evened breaths sounded within her.

Being this close to Mom..made you scared. But being away from Mom made you scared too. It was incredibly confusing. But there was one thing, you knew for sure.

Whether this was what you wanted or not-

"Mom." You whispeared, "Momma, for the entire year that Dad is gone. Until you and I can see Dad again...I'll protect you. I won't let anyone hurt you ever again. I swear on my life."

"...."

But Aphmau remained umoving at your declaration.

And that was okay - you sighed and layed back down - You wanted her too, afterall.

Then, eyes slipping shut, you let your mind succumb to darkness once more.

And went to sleep.

|𝓣𝔀𝓸 𝓜𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓱𝓼 𝓛𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓻|
𝙀𝙥𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙙𝙚 1: 𝘼𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙖𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙡𝙚...

"Neita?...Neita, wake up." Your eyes jolted open. Trying to focus your vision, you looked around the small space, fisting your hands into your shorts.

"Abuela? Are we..there yet?" "Hm? Oh! Not yet..but..I just wanted to talk with you about a few things before we arrive. Is that okay?"

"Uhm..." You looked into the front seat of the car a little nervously, sighing in relief when seeing that Mom went to sleep.

She was restless, sure, but still asleep.

"Yeah. Yes, what is it?"

You sat back.

Today was the day you and Aphmau would be going home. And two months exactly since...

Since...

...

You were excited to see your friends. Hopefully, they wouldn't question why it took you so long to come back to school.

But that also means..you missed the Child-Parent dance. Not that you'd be able to go anyway..

These past two months have been rough without Aaron. For you and Aphmau.

She can't sleep sometimes. And when she can't, you didn't feel comfortable doing it either. If she's asleep, she can't attack you, you know? So..it's better to stay awake until Aphmau can't anymore.

Its good for everyone.

So, yeah, you can't say you 100% feel like yourself but you were getting there. And that counted for something, right-?

I mean, you haven't even had an outburst since when you all were leaving the lodge! Granted you haven't been able to find out why you were having those outbursts either but...

Lets just see what Sylvana has to say.

"Just because I'm taking you and Aphmau back home doesn't mean I won't still check on you."

"Mhm."

"If things get..If you two ever want to come back to my house--..You remember my number, right?"

"Yes." "Okay, good."

...It got quiet in the car...

"How's your hands and arms?" "Good. My fingers are still a little bit stiff..But my arm doesn't hurt anymore." "Can you hold it up for ten seconds? Like the doctor I took you to asked?"

"Mm...More like five. I'm working my way up to seven." "Good. Make sure to re-wrap your fingers when you get home. With the tape Abuela bought you? It helps keep the alignment in your fingers so they don't end up healing all bent."

"Okay."

You stared out the window, Sylvana looking at you in the rearveiw mirror. Like you couldn't tell.

It's just..you were so quiet now. The sudden shift in personality was still a lot for her to get used to. You took a breath.

"..I miss Dad."

You blurted into the sleeves of your sweatshirt. It was black and white, an old one Sylvana had found for you when Aphmau was still little.

Sylvana stopped a redlight, leaning back in her chair.

"I know you do, Y/n...Just one year. You can do that, right?"

She was speaking to you like a child. It irritated you to no end but you did your best to not let your voice portray that.

"Right." You nodded dully.

'Just one year...'

***

A few hours later into the drive and Sylvana suddenly came to stop. You rose your head at the sudden braking but didn't bother to bring attention to it.

Were you home yet? Was it time to get out? You messed with the door handle a little.

You wanted to get out far before Aphmau. Then, you could search around for danger. And let her out when it was safe to leave.

..Yeah..

Solid plan.

You moved to unlock the door yourself but then Sylvana started speaking.

"Mija..? How are you holding up?"

What? Mom was awake? How did you not know? Sense it? You sat back in your seat, stiffening. Hands fixed to your sides as your heart pounded along your little ribcage.

Last you saw, she was asleep.

You would've heard her sit up.

So why didn't you?

You swallowed around your dry throat.

You didn't speak.

Moms breathing was uneven when she answered Sylvana. But didn't look up at her, "I'm..I'm fine." "You still look tired." "Mh..." That's all Mom had to say about that.

Taking a breath, Sylvana started rubbing her hands uncomfortably against her jeans, "Did you..have another nightmare last night?"

Yes.

"..No."

Liar.

You heard it when she did. And had to coax her out of it again without waking her up. You didn't like seeing her scared. As scared as you were of her.

Last night was no different.

Before Sylvana could ask another question, Mom looked toward her. "Is Y/n awake-?" She whispeared.

You shut your eyes when Sylvana looked back. You..didn't want to talk to her right now. Even after two months, you weren't sure if you were ready.

"Uhm..No, she went back to sleep. I talked to her earlier when you were sleeping too. Her arms and hands feel much better now. I believe shes learned to keep her fangs from sticking in her tongue as well." "..good.." "..You two haven't been talking lately. Have you.."

"...No. I don't blame her, either." Mom turned to make sure Sylvana couldn't see her face.

Probably so she couldn't tell just what it might give away.

After heartfelt moment you two had with eachother at the lodge before leaving, you had gone cold.

Aphmau was painfully aware of the fact you were scared of her. Either that or scared for her. She did what you wished, gave you as much space as needed.

But of two months without speaking too eachother--Aside from the occasional, 'Good Morning' or 'Goodnight' and 'How are you feeling?'

From both of you, by the way, it was like she going in circles with you, there was in improvment in either of your behaviors.

You really weren't that same little girl that would laugh and be surprised at anything and everything anymore.

She didn't know who you were.

Sylvanas face etched something awful when Aphmau looked away, "Mija...A-Aarons father said you could see him next summer."

"...."

"His fathers letter said he was unconscious..but he said they're taking care of him and--" "Please..Mom. I just..want to go back to our house."

"Alright, Mija. This is your choice. Besides, all your friends are there to help you!...Do you think they'll notice your tired eyes? I don't want them to ask questions about why you're losing sleep."

You heard a shuffle. And when you opened your eyes, Aphmaus voice sounded again. "I can hide them."

There was more shuffling.

But to the pair sitting in the front seat, getting up and seeing the commotion would let them know you were faking it. But, Aphmaus hands reaching up and behind the back of her head told you enough about what she planned to do.

She was going to cover her eye bags with Aarons bandana. You furrowed your brows a little. It seemed like a bad idea...

For completely normal reasons.

Like, would she even be able to see?

"Can you see with that?" "..Slightly...But I'll get used to it."

..okay, she can see but you honestly didn't care. You started fisting your hands into jeans, closing your eyes again.

You really really really hated that she was wearing that on her face now. It was one thing to have it on her on wrist, but now being able to see it? Every time you looked at it? You hated that. Despised it, even. You hated to even see that thing.

You hated that you didn't even know why, too...

"Mm," Sylvana nodded, "Alright. Lets get you two home." Starting the car, the three of you were off again on the short journey to the house. You pulled your hood over your head to curl in on yourself a little bit, pulling at the strings. Like you were hiding.

But why did you need to hide..? You were safe now, right? You didn't like feeling this way..

You looked up and jumped when you saw Aphmau looking back at you with the bandana but you couldn't see the expression she wore. And it was too late to fake sleep so she knew you had been lying before.

But, she eventually turned away to look out the window herself. You let out a breath of relief. She looked so tired and weak.

You intended to keep your promise.

You swore on your life, that you would keep Aphmau safe until the year is up.

***

When you two arrived back home, you already knew. You could tell by the smells. The looks of the trees. Houses. (You seemed to have grow more observant of your surroundings these past couple of months) You even passed by your school.

You didn't know if it was open or closed yet but you sunk a little. You weren't ready to see your friends right now...

Sylvana stopped the car and began unbuckling and that's when you made your own move. Being the first one out of the car, you reached up to open Moms door for her standing beside her almost possessivly as she carefully got out.

She glanced at you for a moment but didn't interact anymore than that before taking a step foreward. You flinched when she bumped into the fence with a small wince but very audible wince.

Was Mom okay? Did she hurt herself? If she did it wasn't too bad right?

You panicked and reached out to steady her, shakily keeping a hand on her abdomen incase she wanted to double over.

You felt your body acting up again.

Thumpthumpthumpthum--

'Calm down..It's just Mom. She won't hurt us infront of Abulea. We have to make sure she's okay.'

"Uhm," You started timidly, "You-You should take it off. You could--...I don't think you can see as well as you think in that."

"I'm..not fragile Y/n." She attempted to sound joking but found her voice coming out strained and forceful. So you pulled back, playing with your fingers, gaze glued to the ground.

"Oh..I'm sorry..sorry"

"..Huh? No--Sorry..I didn't mean to sound.." Aphmau reached out to touch but you backed away making her curse internally.

Right.

Can't move to quickly.

Instead, she decided not to persue the action at all right as Sylvana came 'round the car to check on you both.

"I heard a noise! Are..you two okay?" "I'm..fine. Just getting used to seeing this way." You took your backpack out of the car and shut both you and Aphmaus doors, "My fingers are starting to hurt. So I'd like to wrap them up is all."

The two of you didn't say anything more than that and started toward the house. You kept your gaze on the ground, walking infront of Aphmau incase she tried to trip over something else again.

But the two of you stopped, growing pleasently surprised at what could be found in the driveway. Well, you were pleasently surprised atleast. It was harder to tell what Aphmau was thinking nowadays.

Everybody was there to greet you all.

Everybody.

Kawaii~Chan, Zane, Lucinda, Travis, Kim, Laurance, Garroth, Travis, even Dante. They were..all here.

And it warmed you in so many ways seeing so many fimilar faces. It truly, honestly did.

"Welcome Home!" They all attempted to cheer in unison. You heard Kawaii~Chan delay the most out of everybody though. There were some balloons too--they really went all out of this.

Mom seemed to reel back, though, at the loud cheering making you look back at her in slight concern.

Right, she might've gotten scared by the loudness. You should be more prepared next time. You put a small hand on her arm to reassure.

It was only friends.

It was safe.

She let out a small gasp, "Everyone.." She breathed out. Sylvana laughed from behind her. Ah. She must've knew this was going to happen.

"Ehehe~! Your friends wanted to welcome you home! They were going to invite your friends as well, Neita, but.."

"That's okay. I'm not sure I wanted to see them anyway." You shrugged. Sylvana cringed just a hair at that.

"We really missed you, Aph. You too Y/n!" Rushing toward you two, Katelyn and Kawaii~Chan were the first to make contact wrapping you both in a much-needed hug.

Katelyn even lifted you up into her arms to kiss you all up and on your face before tossing (literally) you to Kawaii~Chan so she could do the same but spin you in a circle and holding you tighter.

You felt your tail pick up a little but not wag. And you hadn't smiled, just kept that same look of shock on your face..even when Kawaii~Chans dizzying sweet scent swallowed you whole and made you feel happy and safe.

You wouldn't allow yourself to drop your gaurd.

Aphmau watched the interaction, almost in a far-off type of way, a little..enviously. But gratefully.

Kawaii~Chan and Katelyn hugged you and gave you all the physical-love that she could no longer give and you hardly reacted.

It was nice to finally see you receiving that without being scared. But on the other hand, she really wished to be in either one of her best friends places right now. She'd give anything to be, honestly.

"Ever since you two left, it's been..quiet around here." Dante smiled.

"Yeah, we really missed you guys! Especially you, mini Aph." "Dude, we agreed not to call her that." "Why? I think it's cute."

"It's really, honest to irene, not cute..." Laurance sighed. Mom let out a small sniffle as Kawaii~Chan set you down.

You looked up at her with tired eyes. She was crying again. You've grown used to the sound, but that didn't make it any less painful for you to hear.

You went back to having a hand on her arm, but this time making sure to clutch the fabric between your fingers. Just to let Mom know you were with her.

"Thank you everyone..but, I don't kn-know if I can-" Lucinda cut her off, "Aphmau, don't worry. This isn't a huge party. We just wanted to let you know that were all here for you. Both of you." Lucinda looked toward you too.

But you looked away instead, not wanting her to see what you looked like right now.

"That's right! If you need anything, we can help you."

"All of you are too sweet...I'm so glad my Mija has such wonderful friends. And for Y/n too, It's nice to know Aphmau isn't alone when taking care of her either."

Garroth let out his usual little laugh smiling a bit smugly Sylvanas way, "We try!..Oh! Aph, Y/n! Why don't you two go inside with Miss. Sylvana! We don't want to keep you two from settling in."

"Right," Zane folded his arms across his chest, "Kawaii~Chan and I are going to help you two out today so...Lets get you settled in." "Thank you everyone...I'm just--So grateful. Thank you.."

"This way, Mija. Nieta? Would you like me to carry your bag?" "No thank you."

You began dragging Mom toward the house a little with what little grip you had on her shirt, wanting to be the first in the door.

You watched as Dante, Laurance, and Travis stared at you two with slightly contemplating faces whereas the others began to disperse and plan things their own way. You shot them a light harmless glare.

They must know somethings wrong with Aphmau.

But they also needed to mind their own business. You sighed when reaching the door, twisting the handle to open it for Mom and Sylvana.

Nobody else..needed to get hurt today.

When you opened the door and walked inside a wave of fimilar scents washed over you bringing you some clarity. It was all mainly Dads scent you noticed.

It was comforting but..also saddening in a way. Knowing that it'd fade away over time. Especially since you could very clearly tell it had been cleaned before you and Aphmau arrived. The cleaning products were evident.

Still, this signifies that you were home.

And safe.

Finally, home.

But without Dad...

And that just honestly didn't feel right.

You continued to look around aimlessly, basking in the presense of your home as Mom and Sylvana walked inside, shutting the door behind them.

Taking off Dads bandana, Mom seemed to also feel similar to how you did.

Just staring around the home.

Eyes still tired and expression still devoided of all joy.

"You know..your friends helped clean up a bit before you came. They really want to help you through this. Garroth, Kim, Zane, Lucinda...the-they even made sure you had groceries for awhile! You know...if you need me you can just--

Sylvana was talking but you were really listening.

Your attention was grabbed by the pictures of Dad hanging on the wall.

There was one of him and Alexander. They looked happy.

Then one with him and Mom from High school.

Then another with him and Mom again but at love-love paradise.

But what you looked at the most was the ones with you in it.

You were in Dads lap in one of them, knocked out cold with drool sliding down your chin and Dad holding you like a teddy bear. He was asleep too.

The one you adored the most, however was the one with you, Mom, and Dad all together. You were peeking out from the bottom of the picture with your tongue sticking out, Dad and Mom on either side of you where your ears flattened.

They were laughing. You all were laughing. You all looked..so happy.

Moms strained breath made you lift your head up to look at her. Tears threatened to fall from the corners of her eyes as small almost inaudible cries left her.

And when one did manage to escape and roll down her cheek, you were there to push your hands in your sleeves and wipe it away for her.

Sylvanas heart ached at the two of you, watching as Aphmau looked at you before wincing as you slowly backed away from her before she could touch you.

"Uhm," She interuppted, "You know you two can come back home with me. You don't have to--" "I want to." Mom determined.

Shoving your hands in your pockets, you nodded along with her.

"This is our house. I just..need to get used to it." She slipped the bandana back over her eyes, your own hands growing tighter by the second.

It was..actually beginning to hurt a little.

"I.." Mom put a hand on your head, your entire body freezing up the contact.

Why does she keep touching you?

Doesn't she realize your body isn't used to that yet? Why does she keep touching you-!?

She needed to stop, now.

Your mouth was starting to hurt again, teeth biting down onto eachother.

"We. We can wait for him." Aphmau nodded, looking down and expecting to meet your equally determined gaze.

But instead you just looked terrified, looking up at Aphmau was pleading eyes that screamed...

"Please...Please don't hurt me again.."

Aphmau took her hand off your head and held it to her chest like she had burned herself as Sylvana bent down to your level with worried eyes.

"Y/n. Are you alright?"

"I.."
d

on't know..

'Not again...'

"..I.." You words slurred.

Don't know.

"..uh..m.."
Don't. Know.

You pressed your fingers to your temple, rubbing in circles before looking up at Sylvana again. Not daring to look toward Mom, afraid of how your body may react again.

"I'm gonna.." You awkwardly pointed upstairs.

"Oh..Alright. If you need us we'll be--"

"Yeah, sure." You murmured distractedly.

Speed walking away from Aphmau, her and Sylvana watched as you decended up the stairs and disappeared from their vision only deciding to speak when they heard your door shut.

Aphmau let out a breath. Her eyes watered under the bandana.

"She..hates me." "Mija, that's not true-"

"YES! YES IT IS, MOM! I've-I've tried everything but she won't even let me touch her! The only thing that she ever does is help me. Why won't she let me help her..? I don't understand I--I don't know..what to do!"

Sylvana cut Aphmaus broken tangent off with a hug, whispearing calming words into her hair until Aphmaus breathing evened out and she seemed the slighest bit calmer.

"I'm one phone call away. You get settled in. I'll bring Celestia and Alexander over in about a week or so...be paitent. You two have a whole year to get used to eachother again, she doesn't hate you. Your her mother. You've been through so much together--don't ever let me hear you say those words again."

"..Right. O-Okay.."

"..I love you, Mija.." "..I love you too, Mom.."

....You slammed the door shut to your room, leaning against the door and breathing in and out heavily.

Then quickly.

Then violently.

You ran a trembling hand through her hair. No..no way this can be happening again. You thought the outbursts were gone why did they just now want to come back!?

You began to grow breathless, teeth baring and mouth growing dry.

There was something hot in your chest. Something you couldn't get rid of. And looking around your clean room that smelt strangely of your friends, seeing red and becoming furious for reasons you yourself couldn't understand, you did the one thing you felt yourself actually wanting to do.

You started to wreck it. And by wreck, I mean absolutely destroy.

Books on the shelves were suddenly on the floor and pages were slightly torn. Your once made bed had the sheets ripped off and comfortor was thrown across the room and against the door with a light and dull, 'thud'. You scratched walls, tore things out of drawers, your closet, night stand, junk chest in the forgotten corner of your room. And in the end, when everything was scattered around and it looked like a robbery attempt gone wrong, the only thing left even slightly intact was your backpack.

You narrowed your eyes, gritting your teeth at it before picking it up and dumping everything inside out.

You threw your tablet onto the bed before picking up the book on souls you planned to give to Asher and throwing it against your wall. It was heavy and really made a sound that you were sure the others downstairs heard. But you honestly didn't care. You also didn't care when you picked up all the stupid rocks you carried for some stupid reason and threw them against the wall too. One didn't get very far and you yelled in irritation, kicking it across the room and letting it create a dent in your wall.

Then, something rolled near your foot.

Something green and bright.

Something you abosolutly hated to see while also being something you were absolutely too terrified to see.

The Emerald.

The one thing that started all this. The one thing you needed..but wanted to break.

Baring your teeth you picked up the emerald squeezing it between your fingertips hard, you could feel the once healing bones breaking again with wet cracks you could feel.

"I HATE YOU!" You shouted, throwing the Emerald at the wall the same as the other rocks. But, to your surprise, the second the Emerald hit the wall it bounced right back and hit you dead center in your nose!

With a hiss you fell back, kicking the Emerald under the bed instead. But even then you could still see its faint glow as your toe throbbed with pain.

That's two rocks you've kicked now.

Your nose burn from the impact, eyes stinging with tears you curled in on yourself. Not wanting those pointless tears to come out. There was no true point in crying anyhow.

It wouldn't bring
Dad back...

"...What're you doin', sweetpea?" Your entire body jolted at the fimilar voice.

"Da.." You tested your dry voice,

"Dad..?"

"I'm making a..uhm..Doc-Documentary! Of course travels in this forbidden wooorld!" "Haha! Are you now.." "Can I be in the documentary?" "Sure you can, Garroth!" "Sweet!" "Aunt Lucy! Do you wanna be in it too?" "Sure, sweets. Why not." "Yes!"

You turned your head to where the voices were coming from, eyes landing on your tablet.

Oh.

Of..

Of course the voices were coming from the tablet. How could you be so silly.

You picked it up with one hand, rubbing your eyes to get the tears to go away. It must've turned on when you threw it on the bed.

You recorded a video on the drive up to the lodge, but you hadn't really watched it in full yet. It was only a couple minutes.

You let it play, sitting down on the ground of your trashed room to watch the crudely made video.

"Y/n, on Documentarys you're supposed to explain what's going on! For your veiwers!" Kim had said.

"Really? Ohh, okay! We are going to a lodge annnnd-"

There was some crackling on the other end,

"We're gonnaaaa fix up the place! So people..caaan...Aaron, what're we fixing it for again?"

You heard Aaron chuckle on the video, dull eyes shining back to life at the sound.

"My parents and Garroths parents wanna turn it into a resort. Where people can vacation." "Yeah! That's it! We're gonna turn it into a resort! Here, Aaron you get in the video!" "Y/n, no! Not while I'm driving!" "Crap, Aaron hit the brakes now!" "WE'RE GONNA CRASH!" "We're not gonna crash, Garroth!"

You stared at the screen in slight amusment as a blur of bodies moved around in the video, and then the screech of tires resonated in your ears. You were struggling to lean foreward in the front seat, so you took your seat belt off. But, because of the hard braking Aaron did you lundged foreward and ended up in his lap.

"Ouch!" "Y/n! Why did you take your seatbelt off-!?"

You couldn't tell what was going on, but in the last few seconds of the video you had finally managed to reposition the camera. Showing everyone in the car and you in Aarons lap, not even paying attention to the light scolding he was giving you.

"Y/n, you have to be careful! Distracting me while I'm driving like that can lead us to a serious accident and--" "Smile, Dad!" "Wh..Huh? Dad?"

You didn't even realize he was surprised, just holding up the camera as high as your arms could let you.

"We are officiallyyyyy...The Lodge Repair Squad! Everyone smile for the camera! I'm gonna capture this moment with a picture!" "But..it's a video." "Who cares, Kim. Cheeeese!" Garroth grinned, holding Kim beside him as Lucinda also made sure she could be seen into the frame.

Then there was you and Dad.

You aimed the tablet up higher and while Dad rolled his eyes at you not listening he also couldn't help but smile, resting his chin on your head between your ears as he let you do as you pleased.

They playback button appeared.

Signifying, that the video had ended.

You went to click the button, wanting to go back. Wanting to keep what little peace that video had given you.

Then, suddenly, the screen went dark. Your happy face disappeared from sight as your saddened one reflected into the darkness of the screen.

Oh.

It died.

Setting the tablet down, you hid your head in your arms, seemingly becoming less angry after watching the video.

You groaned, "What am I doing.."

Mom needed you. Mom probably was hurting the most out of you two and here you were--shutting yourself off in your room and not even bothering to comfort her.

Help her.

Mom needs you...

You..shoudn't need comfort, you keep telling yourself that.

But then why..why-!

You gripped the sides of your head, fustrated with yourself and your actions.

"Why is this so hard!?"

You couldn't really pin-point what this was.

"I can't go near her but..then I can-!?What type of sense does that make! I don't get it! Someone..tell me, PLEASE!"

Who were you talking too..? I'm not sure if you knew either.

Slowly, you removed your hands from your head going to rest them on your knees instead. You took calming breaths so you didn't accidentally spiral again.

And you also had to remind yourself that, at the end of the day, you and Aphmau are all you've both got right now.

You promised Aaron you'd take care of her. The house. Your pets.

Your feelings had
to remain irrelevant
right now...

You clentched your fists to steel your nerves. Eyes suddenly going emotionless and lifeless.

And so they will.

You began wrapping your fingers in bandages.

~○~

You walked back downstairs, a little surprised to see Zane and Kawaii~Chan in the kitchen. But, they weren't playfully arguing like normal. They were actually...embaracing one another.

And Zane was reciprocating it as such.

Huh.

They didn't seem to notice you either.

The atmosphere seemed rather sentimental. Why was it that whenever you were around, something seemed to be happening between these two?

"Uhh.."

Flinching, Zane and Kawaii~Chan pulled away from eachother a little red in the face as they both turned to look at you!

"Y-Y/n..!" "Y/n! H-Hi!" Y/n? No Y/n-Chan? You narrowed your eyes their way, "What's..going on he--"

"Nothing, nothing!"

Suddenly getting swooped into the air by Kawaii~Chan, you tensed a little as she held you high snd spun you around.

"Y/n! I missed you!" "Uhh..Thanks. Stop spinning me now. How could you have missed me when we were talking outside a few minutes ago...Also why're you talking in first person."

You turned to look at Zane who started busying himself..with an empty pot.

What the heck--

"Did I interuppt somethi--" "aHA! Y-Y/n~Chan, would you like to help me cook lunch for you and Aphmau!? You can help Kawaii~Chan cut the carrots!" Her behavior seemed a lot more...manic than normal.

Still, she was holding you up by your armpits. So, maybe if you decided to ignore whatever happened just now, she'd put you down.

"Sure. I don't mind. Can you sit me down, now?" "O-oh! Yes, of course!"

Putting you down, a bit too roughly, Kawaii~Chan started cooking again. The smells of different spices and foods were comforting. And despite saying you'd help Kawaii~Chan with the food, you kinda just stood by her side and watched.

You were taller now, so you didn't need to stand on your tipy toes to do that anymore. Then, you did something even you were shocked by. You leaned on Kawaii~Chan side, relaxing.

Your body actually relaxed.

It got even better when she absentmindly began stroking your ears sith her free hand.

Mmh..

Takes you back to when you were still living with her and Katelyn.

It was..nice.

Your heart felt warm instead of tight.

..You really did love Kawaii~Chan..

Then you heard footsteps.

And, in a moments panic, you went to hide behind Zane gripping his hips as he hardly reacted. He actually reached back to press your forehead into his back. Trying to hide you himself, even though there was honestly nothing to hide from.

Kawaii~Chan frowned at the lost contact and turned to look at you, "Y/n? Are you..." Zane held up a hand, and shook his head. He didn't seem angry at Kawaii~Chan. It was like he was gently reminding her of something.

So she stopped talking.

Mom had come down the stairs, you could tell that that much was true. But she came downstairs smellingly heavily--

And I mean heavily...

Of Dad.

You knew he wasn't actually here..

But you couldn't help.

You peeked your head out from behind Zane.

She was..wearing his jacket. From back then. You frowned a little. It was probably bringing her some comfort.

If you hadn't been so selfish earlier, you could've brought her some comfort too...

"A-Aphmau-Senpai..You-!" "Huh..?"

Oh no...

You looked up at Kawaii~Chan worridly, hoping she wouldn't go crazy again over Mom wearing Dads jacket. But to your surprise, she was simply just vibrating intesnly. Like she was trying to hold herself back.

It..wad actually kind of worrying, honestly.

Her face looked like she had to go to the bathroom.

"I see what she's wearing but calm down. Be here for her!" Zane whispeared hurridly. You tilted your head to the side a little, and then it clicked.

Ohhhh. Zane must've told her about what happened at the lodge. There wouldn't be any other reason that would make sense or result in Kawaii~Chan acting like this.

Which sucks.

You switched from holding onto Zane to Kawaii~Chan.

That's one more person you have to keep safe.

Hiding her excitment, Kawaii~Chan turned to with a tight but nervous smile. Similar to the one she gave you not to long ago.

"Yo-You look like your doing better, Aphmau-Senpai! Are-Are you hungry?" "Yeah.." Even under the bandana you could tell she was looking at you.

"I am, actually."

"Good! Atleast you have an appetite. That's a good sign." "Food will be done in 30 minutes!" "Thank you..Uhm.."

Aphmau looked unsure of herself for a little bit as you slowly stopped hiding from Momma. Yes, it was scary and you had to force your body not to paralyze but you did anyway.

She looked at Kawaii~Chan, "Hey, Kawaii~Chan...A-After lunch..can we make oatmeal cookies-?" You perked up.

Oatmeal cookies-? Those were Dads favorite.

Did she want to make some for him?

"Huh? You..want to bake?" "Yeah. They're Aarons favorite. I wanted to send them to Aarons parents so they can give them to him. So..when he wakes up..."

Kawaii~Chan probably heard that last part with her Mei'fwa ears and Mom clearly was being reckless with her words but it didn't really matter.

So there was no need for you to cover her words up.

"Of course, Aphmau, we can make some! Do you have a certain way you want to make them?" "Actually, yeah! We have a recipe! I'll go get it!"

Aphmau turned to go back upstairs and then stopped.

Then, slowly turning around, she looked at you.

You stared back like a deer in the headlights.

"Y/n-? Would you like to get the recipe with me..?" It was like your brain paused.

All eyes were on you. It made you shift your feet a little uncomfortably.

She was asking you a question. She was waiting for an answer.

You should go with her. This is your chance! This is your chance to be there..for her.

To do what Aaron said do.

You wanted to go with her.

She needs you...you need her too..

But then..why won't your feet move?

"I.."

No.

"Uhm.."

NO!

"N.." You sighed, "No..thanks. I'd rather stay down here with Kawaii~Chan and Zane."

..Hmph.

"Oh.." Zane and Kawaii~Chan frowned seeing Aphmaus face visabally fall, body sulking just a little.

"O..Okay.."

You clentched your fists.

'But I..' You forced yourself to open your mouth before Aphmau could completely turn away, 'I don't want to leave her alone. I want to be with Mom, still! For as long as I can!'

"B-But!" You quickly yelled, trying to speak as loud as your voice could carry.

It was harder to protray more confidence in your voice. But Aphmau heard you all the same, turning to face you.

ʷʰᵃᵗ?

"Can I...M-Make 'em..with you? I'll be helpful! Swear.." You swallowed, limbs shaking from just looking at Aphmau.

But you had to stay. You couldn't keep running away from her anymore.

And it was worth it.

Because she smiled. Her face lit up in pure glee as she looked at you.

Whoa..Who would've thought..That it would be so nice to see your Mom smile.

She was so busy smiling, she almost forgot to answer you, "Of..Of course you can help Y/n! I'll be right back with the recipe!" "Okay."

Aphmau went turning back upstairs, smile and all, giving your body some time to relax.

However, you did shrink into yourself a little when Zane rested his hand on head. You saw the creases of his eyes curl up a little signifying that he too was also smiling.

Buuut not as wide as Kawaii~Chan was.

"She seems..better! I'm glad! And its thanks to you Y/n. I'm relieved you seem atleast a little better too."

A little better in an understatment, you realized that now. It would be a long time before you could smile like normal again.

And that was okay taking baby steps. So long as you kept your feelings hidden and checked, hopefully this year would go by in a flash.

"She looked so cute~!" Kawaii~Chan cheered.

You leaned back and pulled your ears down with a small pout, expecting Zane to get onto Kawaii~Chan for the yelling.

But, double surprise, he actually smiled at her. A soft one only reserved for Aphmau and even yourself, "Thanks for controlling your fangirling around her. It means a lot.."

And Kawaii~Chan gave him an equally cheery smile. Though, a little peppy-er than usual. "Yup!"

..They were staring at eachother.

Like they couldn't look away.

Your wide eyes flicked back and forth between the two.

Did they forget you were here?

With everything you've learned from TV as well as everything you've seen in the few years you've been living with Aphmau...you managed to come to one conclusion.

"Hey, are you two going to kiss?"

"WH-WHAT!?" "Y/N, WHAT THE HECK!?" "ME AND ZANE-KUN WOULD NEVER!" "QUITE SPEAKING NONSENSE!"

..Shoot...

Durning this year, you should also to learn how to read the room...

𐌙Ꝋ𐌵 𐌁𐌓𐌀𐌕...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 72 38
I was told once by my parents that a beautiful and powerful woman lived and saved the world, and mama told me one day, I'll be just as powerful as on...
5.2K 234 30
CONTENT CONTAINS : INTRUSIVE THOUGHTS MENTAL ILLNESS SEXUAL CONTENT DRUG USE ABUSE TORTURE GORE VIOLENCE & STRONG LANGUAGE IF YOUR EASILY TRIGGERED O...
4.5K 350 56
CONTENT CONTAINS : MENTAL ILLNESS SEXUAL CONTENT DRUG USE VIOLENCE & STRONG LANGUAGE IF YOUR EASILY TRIGGERED OR UNCOMFORTABLE, DO NOT READ!! • " You...
9.8K 410 32
CONTENT CONTAINS : SEXUAL CONTENT DRUG USE VIOLENCE & STRONG LANGUAGE IF YOUR EASILY TRIGGERED OR UNCOMFORTABLE, DO NOT READ!! • " The nerve! " " Wha...