Chance - Natasha Romanoff

By ChanKrea

"We met by chance; it was the greatest chance I have ever received in my life." Irmina König, a German that... More

Cast
Part one
I : Strange Encounters
II : New Beginnings
III : Friend & Acquaintance
IV : Family
V : Familiarity
VI : Somewhat Trouble
VII : Morning Ruined
VIII : Gone Wrong
VIIII : Safety Net
X : Bullseye
XI : Together
XII : Mayday
XIII : Dirty
XIV : Lieutenant General König
XV : Comfort
XVI : Drinks
XVII : Not So Secret
XVIII : Her Princess
XX : Perfect
XXI : Eyes don't lie
XXI : Angels Like You
XXII : missin something
XXIII : Iron Man
XXIV : The Beach
XXV: Like Real People Do
XXVI : traitor
part two
XXVII : The Avengers [part one]
XXVIII : The Avengers [final part]
XXVIIII : constellations
XXX : Monster
XXXI : The Great Gig in the Sky
XXXII : Cynically Sweet
XXXIII : im yours
XXXIV : Home

XVIIII : Soon you'll get better

525 24 0
By ChanKrea

5th July 2010

Papers were thrown across the office and groaning was heard from Irmina before a rhythmic knock hit her door. The blonde walked to get her papers and open the door to meet Marlene and Operator, which saw a gleam of mischievous in the Colonel's eyes. Irmina rolled her eyes at Adelaide and handed the paperwork to the Captain.

"Ready to turn invisible, Generallautenant?"

"I'd love nothing more."

Irmina took the gear in Marlene's hands and changed it in the office before getting ready to train with the Dutch. They have to scale a forest and save 'hostages' which can be troublesome so Irmina is there just in case.

Her soldiers don't even know that she would be joining. Only the higher-ups.

"How do I look?" Irmina clasped her helmet together as she left the office before handing the files to Marlene.

"Just this and you'll be even more perfect."

Irmina took the pair of sunglasses and wore them while Marlene nodded at her. Today's training is special because a camera crew will be following them and soldiers from several in NATO would be joining them too.

From the States, Norway, Spain, Italy, the UK, Greece, Turkey, Czech Republic and Belgium.

Why? Due German-Netherlands Corps's role as a NATO High Readiness Force.

She had to make sure she wore the gear properly to hide her rank and she will be a KSK officer, which is normal to have a few in this kind of training. A few more were standing outside the office waiting for her.

"Is it true that a camera crew going to follow us around?"

Irmina hung her head low as she nodded at Adelaide while the rest of the officers groaned in annoyance. Ackerman had to remind them that this is a multinational force so the world is curious.

"There are other people anyways, they'll focus more on the Dutch since we are on their home ground," Irmina shouted while the sound of the transport helicopter's rotors took over the area.

"I have a bad feeling." Marlene voiced as she watched Irmina get on the helicopter. Irmina turned to her, also nodding while handing her back the files and Marlene gave her a tablet. "Be safe, Commandos."

"Yes, Ma'am."

Marlene watched the helicopter take off as she retreated back into the hangar, getting ready to transport by land with the command of the Corps. Irmina waved at Marlene, then buckled up once the helicopter was in the air.

They needed to show off with the aircraft.

¬_¬

"My god, they do look intimidating," a Delta six voiced to his superior and received a glare from his squad because the Germans behind them smirked while their most conditioned comrades walked towards them. Of course, they are intimidating, all four of them are equally tall and they are walking like they own the place. "What?"

"Camera crew here?" A feminine voice, which belonged to Irmina put them off while she looked around.

"No Ma'am, in three hours." Another Delta six said, removing his sunglasses while other special forces, slowly made their way to where they were. He extended his hand, "Captain Miller, Delta Force."

"Shadow, KSK."

"No name?"

"Irmina König but let's just keep that between us."

"Colonel Adelaide Kaiser, Operator." The group saluted Adelaide before she laughed while Irmina chuckled and removed her sunglasses. A little confusing. They were also surprised that there were women in their special forces, it's rare to impossible. "She's the higher rank."

Irmina waved the salutation off, whacking Adelaide and taking out a snack. Everyone looked at her, wondered why she had snacks and was about to openly eat them.

"What? You don't carry some around?"

"Have you not eaten?"

Irmina shook her head and turn away to take a bite of her snack. Adelaide took a bite when Irmina offered, she quickly finish the snack before being called in for a briefing.

¬_¬

"Where's the Germans?" A Belgian Special Force asked while looking around for the KSK. They found one jogging over and gestured for them to follow. They all had planned to have lunch with one another, some wanted to spilt off in fear of a language barrier but they ensured that Irmina is able to understand every single language that is present.

"Sorry to bring you all the way here. König will be joining us soon."

"She needs a lot of food." Adelaide chuckled, removing her vest and then her mask. She fixed her hair while they followed her lead. Irmina appeared behind them and made all of them ready to kill as trained while she looked at them with three boxes, acting that guns pointing at her was normal.

"Sorry to spook you, Jesus."

"How are you quiet on gravel?"

"Light footwork."

Adelaide made space for Irmina to sit and helped her with her food while she removed the bulky vest and everyone saw her rank. Her three-star general insignia. Everyone straightened their posture and saluted her while she sat down, not realising that her commandos chuckled.

"What?" Irmina removed her mask and ruffled her hair, looking around. "Ah, fuck."

Irmina saluted back before waving off their manners. She removed the jacket from her uniform, folded it neatly and placed it on the ground. Somehow, without anyone realising, she brought out a cooler, with beers inside.

"How the—"

"I'm the Lieutenant General." Irmina yawned as she stretched as no one dared to take a bottle except for the KSK. If their boss said it was okay, it was okay. "They report to me and this is to strengthen the relationship between our forces."

"So there's is a hidden agenda."

"Of fucking course." Adelaide handed her bottle for her to help remove the cap. Irmina pulled out her knife to crack the cap open easily and she continued to help her soldiers while the others still dared not to. She offered one to the Captain of Delta Six and then to the Colonel of the SAS. "Drink or walk away. Unless it's religion then don't. But don't get too drunk."

The German Commandos handed everyone a bottle while Irmina was grossed out at the food, still better than what she had in the past.

"What's so good about your Commandos?"

"They have some areas to improve."

"We do?" Adelaide asked, disappointed with the answer from her commanding officer.

"You do. But you and a few others are almost perfect. Kaiser, you have the most outstanding achievements. Don't worry about it."

"And you?"

"Mines classified."

"So unnoticed by anyone."

"Except anyone with higher authority than me." Irmina hummed and got shock when her personal phone rang and smiled, noticing it was her special Russian lady. She put her mask back on and excused herself. "Hello, princess. Please tell me you called me because you wanted to and not in trouble or ordered."

Irmina could sense Natasha rolling her eyes with her scoff while she smirked, kicking on the gravel. Natasha was having trouble sleeping and Irmina's soothing voice was the only thing that can help her sleep.

"Trouble sleeping, princess?" Irmina waited patiently for Natasha to answer while she busied herself with the gravel under her feet and eventually squatted down to play with it like a child, ignoring the Commandos watching her. "Don't hate yourself for needing help. So, princess, trouble sleeping?"

"Yes. Your voice—it's soothing."

"So what should I ramble about?"

"Your favourite places to go."

"Okay, Natalia."

Irmina smiled before glaring at the Commandos. She turned back and started to talk about her travel as herself, every chance she gets. She started with Normandy, France. She talked about the beautiful beach before it was desecrated. She explained every detail of how exactly she remembered it before moving to Belgium. Natasha was lulled by her voice as she drifted off to sleep, slowly but surely.

Adelaide walked over to Irmina with their lunch and beers, she listened to Irmina telling Natasha about the countries she went to. She handed her the beer and fed her lunch.

"They have a close relationship."

"They had a very classified and interesting mission for like two weeks straight."

"What brings the Lieutenant General here?"

"She hasn't been involved in this stuff yet so she wanted to see how every regiment is going and so on."

"Undercover because people will change their behaviour when they see her."

"Smart."

Irmina chuckled when she heard the light snoring from Natasha which clearly shows how much sleep she needed. She continued talking while they head to sit down comfortably. Irmina walked so silently while Adelaide had every crunch of gravel with each step. And Irmina is just a normal human being which made Adelaide wonder if it was her powers but it was not. Still, after weeks, her serum is rebuilding her organs and it is slower without the cryogenic technology and her constant moving.

Usually, when she survived something like this, they put her in the cryo-chamber.

Irmina is the perfect and greatest assassin ever created.

She sends a text to Natasha, knowing she has the phone on silent when she's sleeping. A picture followed the text a quick second after as Irmina sat down.

"God I am old." Irmina groaned and straightened her back, taking another bottle of beer. Adelaide scoffed and handed her the other box of lunch, already open and spoon on the right side.

"How old are you, Lieutenant General—"

"Because you looked very young to be a high commanding officer."

:3

Everyone was involved in a sparring session while Irmina just sat somewhere close, watching. Adelaide looked back at her, also slightly terrified despite Irmina telling her she is the greatest Commando of the KSK.

The camera crew was here to film so they had to hide their identities that were not abnormal. Irmina watched closely how the Corps fought with one another. Obviously, they are competitive and try to win every single fight. Irmina wasn't alone as she watched.

"Sich beruhigen." Irmina voiced as she walked to the current, she said to the very angry and big German soldier. He couldn't care less and decided to strike his comrade that was on the ground and ready for his fist. Irmina ran and stopped, twisting the arm with ease. She glared at the camera crew and two SAS commandos stood beside them, making sure they turned off. Irmina made sure the other soldier was out of the fighting area before letting the one she held down go. She cracked her neck as he charged which she dodged easily.

"bekämpfe mich!" He shouted at the Commando as he hit his chest like he is a gorilla. Irmina sighed and looked at him unimpressed, trying to tire him out like an animal.

"Nien." Irmina glared at him as he lunges at her. He managed to get a hit, on her injury. Irmina clenched her jaws and pressed on the injury as she staggered away from him. The soldier smirked at her and god, that pissed her off even more. "Fine."

She grabbed his arm and pulled him to her, then her elbow collided with his neck. He choked, trying to breathe properly while Irmina just watch. That made him angry.

Somehow, he managed to pull off her mask and Irmina looked at the camera crew. Yes, they can blur her face out but people can reverse it. Every German soldier wondered why she looked familiar before their Commander called for her.

"Generallautenant König!" He jogged to her and she received a punch to the face. Now, Irmina had to make sure she knock him out because she was pissed off too much.

"Stay down or I will knock you out," She whisper-shouted at him but he still tried to struggle against it. "Surrender, Vogel."

She was pushed off and was hit a couple of times and Irmina was done with and make sure that her punches and kicks were full strength because she wanted him to lose.

She hated losing too.

Vogel struggled a lot more with how much more Irmina controlled her strength. Adelaide could see the bleeding through her shirt and ordered Wagner to get some medical stuff. Irmina was still standing while Vogel fall to the ground, unconscious before she groaned in pain on her side.

"For fuck's sake." Irmina cursed and pressed on her wound, rolling her eyes after realising she overworked herself again due to her short temper with people like Vogel.

"Generallautenant!" Every German soldier rises up and saluted Irmina who return the greeting and waved it off sooner or later. Until the Dutch saluted her too.

"Generallautenant König, you're bleeding."

"I'll be fine."

Adelaide gave her a stern look and forced her to sit down, lifting up her shirt to check how worse the healing wound had gotten. The Commandos surrounded her, to block her from everyone's view. Irmina just sat there in silence as she was tending to and getting nagged by her Colonel.

"How did you win with a guy twice your size?"

"They're slower and I can take anyone out."

"Really?" A SAS soldier smirked and handed her mask. Adelaide smirked because she was first-hand what she can do without the serum. Irmina nodded before wincing at the sting of alcohol on her skin.

"I told you not to overwork yourself."

"He didn't listen, Kaiser."

"Then let us step in, König."

"Too slow—Don't."

"Yes, Ma'am."

:3

Irmina split off from the group barbecue, to take a phone call of Maki who didn't even say hello before rambling about excited she was for her wedding before it switched into a video call. Maki had two dresses, one Japanese traditional and the other Western.

"You're beautiful," Irmina said [in Japanese] as she remove her mask, fixing her hair shortly afterwards.

"Thank you but the dresses."

"The dresses are perfect, Maki."

"Okay, good. It's too late to change anyways. And you're wearing your fancy uniform."

"Why?"

"Dad and Akira will be very their uniforms and our friends too."

"I would have looked really hot in a dress."

"That's why no dresses for you."

Irmina laughed that brought the attention of a SAS commando who was trying to find her. Irmina turned to the sound of the crunching of the gravel, she let out a sigh as she found a familiar face. The Lieutenant General smiled at the Sergeant Major, she gestured for him to sit with her as he handed her a plate of food. The food she bought for the Corps so they know why they are going through tough training for the sake of their countries.

"Sergeant Major Williams, Maki. Maki Bushida, Williams."

Williams greeted the Japanese as he handed a bottle of coke to Irmina.

"Why does Williams sound familiar?"

"It's because he is the great-grandson of Captain Williams."

"You know my great-grandfather?"

"He's the one that saved my life."

"Wait, hold on." Williams scrambled to take out his phone which he forgot it was in their tent before running to get it, leaving his plate of food behind. Irmina sighed, knowing full well whats going to happen next but Maki kept her mind on her dresses and wedding. Within minutes, Williams panting as he stood, finding a picture of his great grandfather in World War 2. "You're her."

"No, I'm not. That's my—"

"Lieutenant General, you don't have to lie. I will keep your secret safe, I am an SAS Sergeant Major so we're the best with secrets. I'm not gonna shunt you or anything."

Irmina glanced at Maki who nodded while she took a second to answer Williams, who sat down beside her again. The German gave the British the confirmation which for some reason, made him excited to meet one of his great grandfather's brothers of War. He corrected a second by saying sister which made Irmina laugh at him, she waved it off by being called a brother of Captain Williams.

"Actually, he is Major Williams. He continued to serve for another 10 years."

"Good for him."

"So—you served in World War 2 as an SS soldier."

"I was forced—you know, became a puppet for them."

"But everything about you is wiped out from history."

"I think we are trying to recover it. The good part at least. The President wants people to know more about me or something."

"You did so much good, I've read everything about you in my great-grandfather's diaries. He dedicated a bunch to you."

Irmina let out a breathy chuckle while Maki looked at her aunt, seeing that gleam of gratefulness in her eyes. Maki knew that her aunt always think that she had more people hating rather than actually caring for her. And now, with everything going better, Irmina realised that her soldiers are willing to sacrifice as she would for them, even for their families.

Whatever she does now, Irmina just wanted that she does more good than bad for the world. But she had been doing that for years now and she had not realised that she did more good.

"Honestly, Ma'am, you have done so much for the world, it is unfair that people don't notice your effort."

"It's better that they don't. I don't need people praising me for something. It's what I want to do, to make a world better and it doesn't need to have people recognise it."

"So the classified, its—"

"They're from the past, a few years with S.H.I.E.L.D. and a few recent stuff."

Williams nodded as he took a bite of sausage before a drink quickly afterwards because he can't handle spice. Irmina held back her laugh with Maki who barely could continue to ramble about her wedding. Irmina and the Bushidas are amazing with spicy food and they love it. Williams excused himself to get them more food and drinks, but really an excuse to get more drinks.

He might actually just take an entire cooler.

Adelaide found her a minute later after wondering why Williams was running back and forth.

"You know, I really thought Williams had a secret lover or something. This is disappointing."

"Very daring to call me disappointing."

"Yeah well, I've given you orgasms."

"I did not need to know that!" Irmina turned her phone to Adelaide a second after she heard the remark. Maki is very good at the languages of her siblings, she is able to speak seven languages, believe it or not. So she understood them perfectly. 

"Oh, dear god. I am so sorry!"

Irmina laughed in response while Adelaide apologised repeatedly to Maki who was grumbling at her. Adelaide took a seat by Irmina's right and handed Irmina a bottle of coke. The older woman doesn't like how warm it was until Adelaide showed her a cup of ice.

"Oh, you know me so well."

"Don't say anything dirty." Maki reminded as she changed out of the dresses. She tried it on, just in case she needed to make changes. The wedding is just two days away and Irmina still have so many things to do. Adelaide ran her hand on a scar on Irmina's neck that went up her jaw. Irmina rolled her eyes, tilted her head and allowed the soft touches. "You know Obasan, you're really hot."

"I know—" Adelaide blocked the camera as she placed kisses along her neck. Irmina let out a soft moan as she relaxes and ignored Maki's whining. "Williams coming back about now."

"He would just think we're really good friends."

"Obasan!""King-sama!"

The two commandos got a fright after hearing so many voices, they also just realised that Adelaide's hand slipped down so Maki witnessed whatever happened and some of her students did too. Irmina cursed in German, with her neck red while Adelaide smirked and looked away for a second.

"Lieutenant General, you doing alright? Colonel."

"Sergeant Major."

"I'm doing okay."

"Never seen you flustered before," Irmina glared at the Colonel and started to scold her in German. Adelaide just took it with a grin and poured Irmina's Coke bottle into the cup of ice. Maki saved Adelaide from her scoldings by interrupting.

"Did you pay for your students?"

"Yeah. With my trust fund."

"That was a lot of money."

"And it was just collecting dust."

Adelaide and Williams glanced at one another, the Colonel keeps forgetting that Irmina and her family are very rich while the Sergeant Major for the first time that they had a lot of money. Irmina was reminded that Maki had a scholarship for university wit her beautiful style of Kyudo. She even graduated with honours. Irmina was lurking in the shadows while she watched each of the children graduate.

"Could have asked me."

"Yeah, well you're busy now."

"Time to write you a hefty cheque."

"I will be expecting that, no less than a million US Dollars."

Irmina laughed and agreed while Adelaide and Williams let out a long exhale. Adelaide fed the high-ranking officer because her food was left out. Irmina glared at her and ate her food while also busy with Maki and her students. Williams found it adorable that Irmina is being treated like a child by Adelaide, who is of a lower rank and significantly younger.

;-;

a/n

i have never hated school this much in my life, also your girl here couldn't get era's tour tickets. omg the year is getting worse for me. Anyways, the release of the chapters will be more inconsistent because I need to focus on school more. Sorry bout that and hope you lovely people understand. Also, maybe i should put this on ao3, hm.

Have a great night/day!!

see you soon :3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 117 17
Ira Morozov and Natasha Romanoff met at the Red Room Academy, a place where they trained women and girls to be the world's deadliest assassins and be...
57.9K 1.1K 20
Natasha Romanoff, the famous black widow, always thought she is forever alone, that she wasn't capable of love, but when she met Steve Rogers, she wa...
101K 2.8K 20
After surviving the war that nearly destroyed the universe, Bucky and Natasha have time to get to know each other once more. Both have come a long wa...
71.7K 1.3K 47
Anastasia Romanoff always looked up to her older sister, Natasha. Ever since they had left the Red Room and joined S.H.I.E.L.D. with the help of thei...