XVI : Drinks

12th June 2010

12th June 2010

"Morgen, König," Irmina said, not realising it was her personal phone and had the serious voice she has with her job.

"Ohayo, Oba-san."

"Maki?" Irmina questioned as she pulled the phone away, checking who actually called her. "Maki!"

"Seems like you are adjusting well," Maki said, happy for her aunt. Irmina lowly chuckled and hummed while looking at her papers. "Wedding is next month, on the seventh. With the Japanese and our family's tradition."

"In the Netherlands? Your fiancée and her family okay with that?"

"Yeah but the stepmother and mother, not so much. Well, they're homophobic so." Maki said, nonchalantly before scolding her brothers. Mako was pestering her, trying to say hello to his aunt but his twin doesn't let him and pushing him away. Akira being the pacifist, tried to resolve the problem only to get scolded by his youngest sister.

"Don't be so mean to your brothers. On the seventh of June," Irmina checked her calendar for the day and let out a long exhale.

"What? Please don't say you have a meeting."

"I have a joint-military training exercise," She paused again while looking at the file for it. "Are you okay with me, making a dramatic entrance on a helicopter and late?"

"Yes, I am and Ellie will be too."

"Eleonora seems to be thrilled to see me every single time."

"It's because you're one of us." Maki snorted, reminded of when her fiancee was thrilled to meet Irmina after Maki told her that Irmina was a lesbian. Irmina rolled her eyes before getting a slight surprise when Make switched to Facetime, her ear drum might have died for a quick second. "You look fancy. Where's the hat?"

"It's a beret." Irmina deadpanned, pushing her chair back and reaching to get her beret while Maki hummed, saying it was the same thing. She sat back down, sounding like an old lady before showing the beret and tossed onto her table.

"Put it on! I want to see it!"

Irmina chuckled and put it on, posing like when she did for picture day. Maki took a quick screenshot, cackling at her aunt. Irmina rolled her eyes and went back to her paperwork with a smile. Then Mako popped his face in front of Maki and smiled.

"Ohayo Oba-san."

"Ohayo Makoto."

Irmina laughed when Maki pulled onto his ear and back, pushing him away from her phone. Irmina had to step in, more like voiced in before Mako had his ear ripped off by his sister.