III : Friend & Acquaintance

Saturday, 13th June 2009

"Are you sure we are at the right place?" The agent, Fury assigned as their pilot, asked for an empty runway as they arrived at their destination. Irmina popped up behind and looked through the windshield, and nodded. "There's no one here."

"I'm meeting one person. He owns the place, and I promise you it's not empty." Irmina smirked as she checked on her katanas and handed Natasha's firearm to her. She could tell that Natasha was not happy to be here, in her home country, one that gave her so much trauma. "Don't worry; we're here for like 15 minutes. Also, don't arrest him."

"Why would we arrest him?" Maria inquired.

"Let's say his job is not exactly legal, and he's not on any wanted list, so there is no reason to arrest him. He's a good man trying to earn a living in his own way. It's hard for people like him to live like normal people." The three agents left the Quinjet and walked over to the open hanger, and they could hear some Russian being spoken. Irmina smirked as she noticed Nikolai and removed her mask. Completely forgetting that it was the first time that Natasha had not seen her face yet. Maria looked at Natasha with her brow raised and noticed that Natasha was practically enchanted. "Николай."

Nikolai jumped and pointed a gun at Irmina, but Irmina undocked the barrel, letting the bullet pop out. "Mina?" Nikolai asked as he refocused his vision. "Mina!" Nikolai cheered as he pulled her in a hug. Irmina laughed as she finally returned the welcome hugs. "You returned my hug! You're free?"

"Yeah, something like that." Irmina chuckled while Maria and Natasha scanned the beautifully decorated hanger. It had two floors; the interior was designed like a loft. A car sat in the corner of the hangar, close to a small plane and a motorcycle. The three agents were shocked when Nikolai started to bawl his eyes out. "W-what's happening?"

"I'm so happy for you." Nikolai sobbed while Natasha smiled, with Maria confused. Russian was not one of her languages.

"Okay, that's enough; you're getting my shirt wet. Have you kept up with them?"

"Right, your family is more important than me." Nikolai scoffed as he took out a very secure box and opened it. The word 'family' had gotten Natasha interested in their conversation. Maria noticed Natasha and asked what they were saying. "They've been well, and Makoto has the Kyudo Championship coming up in two days. There's more." Nikolai paused and took out a picture of Akari proposing to her girlfriend.

Irmina gasped as she took the picture, tears begging to fall out. "Maki is married?"

"Not yet. She's married in a week. So I've heard." Nikolai turned to look at the two agents, intrigued and looking at photos splayed out on his table. "Thank you. Thank you for saving my friend. Hold on." Nikolai ran to the second floor while Maria and Natasha looked at Irmina.