I : Strange Encounters

Tuesday, 13th December 2005

Natasha Romanoff sulked at the bar as she watched her asset, one she was supposed to protect. He is high on the several kill list. She watched everyone as she sipped on her gin and tonic. Her senses heightened as a woman in a suit sat beside her.

"Bourbon. Old fashioned." The angelic sound left her lips as she placed a bag that looked like the ones for blueprints in front of her legs. Natasha couldn't see her face as her brunette hair covered her face. "Bad day?"

Natasha turned her head to look at the woman beside her, and she was met with brown eyes as her slender hands covered the rest of her face.

"Would be better if you showed me the rest of your face," Natasha replied as she turned to watch her asset, his arms around women, laughing loudly, not caring about the attention he brought himself.

"No can do, Angel. That would lose my charm," The woman remarked as she took a sip of her drink, still covering her face. Natasha smirked as her body turned, her eyes still on her asset, trying to place this woman under some category.

"German?"

"Russian?"

"Ah, still obvious." Natasha's brows furrowed as she noticed her scumbag of a target seemed to be quiet.

"Slightly."

"So what brings a German around New York?"

"Work. Same for you?" Natasha nodded, turning her attention back to her target. She stood up immediately when she heard the girls scream. His body. On the floor. The woman beside stood up as well, but this time round, she had put a mask on. "Ziel ist tot. Seems like we had the same person." [Target is dead.]

Natasha whipped her head to face the mysterious woman. She recognised that mask from somewhere. "He's dead," Natasha said as she pressed her ear, ready to fight the mysterious woman making her leave. "Wer bist du?" [Who are you?]

"That's my mystery charm, Darling."

S.H.I.E.L.D agents poured into the club, people running in all directions. Finally, the masked German used the chaos, walking out of the club. Natasha wanted to run after her, but she was stopped by her partner, Clint. She tried to explain to chase after the woman in the suit, but after a second, she lost sight and angrily threw a glass on the wall.

Finally, the chaos subsided, and Natasha and her partner, several agents, occupied the empty bar. Natasha noticed a wig on the ground; she picked it up and found a note.

"Das nächste Mal, Engel." [Next time, Angel.]

Natasha was pissed off that her asset had died because she was trained to be perfect, but she couldn't help but smirk at the note.