XV : Comfort

21st May 2010

21st May 2010

Irmina sulked in her office doing paperwork because it was her new job. If she were to mope in an office, she rather do it in Maria's office to annoy her than do paperwork that heavily relied on her. The only thing that let her focus was the sound of the wind and the vehicles passing by.

The wind brushed against her face, calming her. The faint sounds of heels or shoes clicking on the ground outside her office. She looked out her window for a quick second to see what was going on outside and found soldiers busied themselves with physical activities, just workouts or combat training.

Then there was a knock on her, interrupting her silence, a specific rhythm that Irmina gave to certain people that usually had to come into her office. And this one belonged to her badass assistant.

"Captain Becker is here as requested." Her assistant voiced as she held her hand out, stopping the Captain. There was a muffled answer, allowing them to enter.

"Danke Ackerman," Irmina said without looking up for her papers as the Captain saluted and Marlene stood behind him with great posture, hands behind her back after saluting her. Irmina was in disbelief at the paperwork, it was the worst thing she read all her life. She rolled her eyes, shut the file and tossed it to the side. She sighed, standing up and saluting the soldiers.

"At ease, Captains." Irmina nodded for Marlene to leave.

"You want anything, Lieutenant General?"

"Hauptmann?"

"I'm okay, Ma'am."

"Something hot and coffee. Danke Ackerman." Irmina sighed, scratching her forehead due to the headache and posed herself in front of her desk, pushing her nameplate back slightly and sitting on her desk. Marlene nodded with a smile and left the office after saluting once again. "So I heard about you doing something stupid."

"In my—"

"I wasn't done talking and didn't say you can speak. How is it you are so smart yet stupid, constantly following orders and breaking them in a heartbeat?" The Captain opened his mouth before shutting it when Irmina raised her hand. "How does Stabshauptmann Becker sound?"

"I apologise, I don't get what you mean."

"I am promoting you," Irmina chuckled, crossing her arms and looking at the dumbfounded Captain. "You must have heard from your higher-ups that you will never be promoted because of the stunt you pulled and are still suspended."

"Ja gnädige frau," he admitted as he held posture, still confused. Irmina grinned, taking a step closer to the Captain as he was completely puzzled.