The Ghost of You

By fh_criedthewolf

Samanun is a ghost trapped in her mansion from 20 years ago. Everything changed when she met the new owner of... More

Chapter 1 - The Mansion, The Owner And The Lost Love
Chapter 2 - I'll Die Once Again
Chapter 3 - Life And Death
Chapter 4 - The Book
Chapter 5 - The Line Between Life And Death
Chapter 6 - Time With You
Chapter 8 - First (Part 1)
Chapter 8 - First (Part 2) πŸ”ž
Chapter 9 - Photograph
Chapter 10 - Pillow Talk
Chapter 11 - What If? (Part 1)
Chapter 11 - What If? (Part 2) πŸ”ž
AUTHOR'S WORDS
Chapter 12 - Home
Chapter 13 - One Last Time πŸ”ž
Chapter 14 - P. S. I Love You
Chapter 15 - The Ghost Of You
Chapter 16 - Past, Present, Future (Epilogue)
Story Breakdown (BTS, Fun Facts Etc.)
ANNOUNCEMENT !
The Ghost Of You : Continuum
Chapter 1 - The Red String Of Fate
Chapter 2 - Quantum Entanglement
Chapter 3 - The Eyes Chico, They Never Lie
Chapter 4 - The Theory Of Colours
AUTHOR'S NOTE πŸ°πŸ§šπŸ»β€β™€οΈ
Chapter 5 - Enamored
Chapter 6 - Down The Memory Lane
Chapter 7 - Dear Diary
Chapter 8 - The Moon Is Beautiful Isn't It?
Chapter 9 - I Wanna Be Yours
Chapter 10 - I Wasn't Yours To Begin With
Chapter 11 - Apocalypse
Chapter 12 - Post Apocalyptic πŸ”ž
Chapter 13 - Between A Rock And A Hard Place
Chapter 14 - In Sickness And In Health
Chapter 15 - Make A Wish
Chapter 16 - Mistletoe (A Christmas Special)
Chapter 17 - Butterflies And Fireworks (A New Year Special)
Chapter 18 - A Little Piece Of Heaven πŸ”ž
AUTHOR'S NOTE πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‰
Chapter 19 - Heartbeats, Stars And... (A Valentine's Day Special 🌹🀍🏹)
Chapter 20 - Nightmares
Chapter 21 - Sweet Dreams πŸ”ž
Chapter 22 - Kiss Me, Heal Me
Chapter 23 - Blood, Sweat and Tears
Chapter 24 - Every Rose Has Its Thorn
Chapter 25 - Under The Rose
Chapter 26 - Not A Bed Of Roses
Chapter 27 - Kiss And Make Up
Chapter 28 - The Heart Wants What It Wants πŸ”ž
Chapter 29 - She Comes Undone πŸ”ž
AUTHOR'S HEARTFELT NOTE β€οΈβ€πŸ©ΉπŸ€πŸ“
Chapter 30 - Love Is In The Air
Chapter 31 - Ungodly Hour
Chapter 32 - Golden Hour
Chapter 33 - Burning Desires πŸ”ž
Chapter 34 - Eternal Flames πŸ”ž
Chapter 35 - Her First Snow
Chapter 36 - The Tales Of Two Hearts
Chapter 37 - 480 Minutes
Chapter 38 - Surprise, Surprise!
Chapter 39 - Tulips 🌷
Chapter 40 - Territorial
Chapter 41 - Ride Or Die πŸ”ž

Chapter 7 - Empty Space

2.4K 159 30
By fh_criedthewolf

Days by days goes by and eventually they grew closer. Mon have been spending a lot of time accompanying the lonely ghost who's now seems to be a lot less lonely. Mon even started to work from home whenever she can just to spend extra time with Sam.

"Sam, what are you doing?"

Mon asked when she saw the beauty is sitting on the bench in the middle of the garden plucking the petals of the roses.

"Oh, hey. I'm collecting these petals to use for bath later. They smells so good. Here."

Sam hands out a pink rose to Mon. She took it and holds it close to her to inhale the scent through her nose. Mon then sit next to Sam on the cold stone bench.

" You've never told me the story behind this beautiful garden. I heard that you're the one planted them. "

Mon looks at the woman besides her. The woman turns her face and smiled.

"I did. With some help of course. But these are like the grandchildren of the roses that I plant. It's been more than 20 years, my roses won't last that long but these are from the same parent plant. I made them for someone that I love dearly. She loves roses. Red especially. We bought this property and renovated the mansion. She had no idea I was going to make a garden for her. It's really hard to keep it a secret from her. I had to make excuses every time she wanted to go and see the progress of the mansion. And the roses, oh my god they took so long to grow but so worth it.", Sam laughed.

"They are very beautiful Sam, it's one of the reason I bought this mansion. I really love the garden. Did she ever found out about it?"

"Luckily, no. It didn't fully grow yet but they're starting to have some buds when the mansion finish renovation. She only knows about it when we moved in here. It was a gift for her. She was so speechless when she saw it."

"Both of you must be so excited when the flowers bloom."

"We did! Because it was the day that I proposed to her. I said to myself, once the roses blooms for the first time, I'll get on one knees and propose to her here in the garden, and I did."

"Samanun Anantrakul, what a romantic woman you are." Mon let out a small laugh.

" She was- Uhh, I'm sorry I still talked about her a lot to you."

Sam said after noticing that she's always mentioning her long gone fiancée whenever they're having conversations.

" Hey, it's okay. I'm the one who asked you right? I love hearing your story, and I know she's a big part of it.", Mon replied comforting Sam.

Sam just give her the most captivating smile.

"I think this is enough for a bath. Do you.. want to.. join me?" Sam asked shyly trying to avoid any eye contact with the fair skinned woman.

Mon was a bit shocked at the sudden invitation. Sam usually never this straightforward.

"Do you want me to join you?", she asked the question back to Sam.

Sam just nodded her head up and down slowly, too shy to use words. It's amusing how shy she looks right now.

"Then you better go prepare the warm bath now." Mon replied to the nod.

______________________________________

The smell of fresh rose petals fill the bathroom. It's so fragrance and relaxing. Warm bath with smooth bubbles and rose petal were prepared by Sam.

" Mon! It's ready! ", She shouted from the bathroom while stripping her clothes and went in first in the tub.

The door of the bathroom opens revealing Mon who's already in a robe with her hair in a bun.

"Wow! I swear your hands are magic Sam."

She was amazed by the sight before her. Without thinking, she strips her robe quickly in front of the ghost.

Sam froze as she saw the woman in front of her is now naked. She can see all the curves that's been hiding behind clothes before. Afraid of being caught staring, she averted her eyes to the bubbles in front of her. Mon then went in the tub slowly and she lets out a long sigh. Mon's slender leg grazed at the side of Sam's thigh under the water.

"Why is your face so red?" Mon questioned Sam.

"The w-water is too h-hot."

"Aren't you always cold? This temperature is perfect."

The bubbles and rose petals covering both of theirs chests.

"Hey.. I've been noticing that you always slept on the couch in the living room. And sometimes the garden. Why?? We have three other rooms that's more comfortable."

"I don't like the other room. I like my room."

"You mean this one?"

"Yes."

"Well, sorry but I like this room too haha."

"It's fine, I don't mind at all."

"But it's not comfortable for you to sleep everywhere but the bed."

"I'm good, I don't really need to sleep. So it doesn't really matter. I slept because it makes me feel like a human and also because I have nothing else to do."

"Yeah.. Right.. Like I'm gonna believe that's the only reason why you didn't slept in any other bed other than the one outside of this door."

"I don't like the empty space beside me when I'm sleeping. Except for this room. Because this room is where I spent my most intimate time with her.
Too much memories in this room, and that was the bed where I wake up next to her every morning."

"Now THAT answers my question."

They spend some time soaking in the bathtub, splashing each other with warm water, smudging bubbles on each others nose, until the water turns cold. Eventually, they rinse and got out of the bathroom dressed themselves up in their night dresses.

Mon was ready for bed as she already laying comfortably and yawned.

"Wait! Where are you going?"

The sleepy woman asked Sam as she saw her leaving the room.

"Uhh..sleep?"

"Come on here. You can sleep on your bed tonight."

Mon patted the empty space beside her.

"Uhmm.. It's fine, I'm just gonna -"

"Sam. Just sleep here tonight. Here, I put this in the middle if that makes you more comfortable."

Mon put her bolster in the middle of them.

"O-okay." Sam gets comfortable laying next to the human.

Sam may not show it that much, but Mon can see a slight happiness in the ghost's face knowing that she'll sleep in her favourite place that night.

"Goodnight, Casper."

"But I'm not Casper."

"But you're friendly. And you're a ghost. So you're Casper."

"Goodnight, Mon."

"No nickname for me?"

"Goodnight Monmon."

"Hahahaha that's the best you can think?"

"I think it's cute. It suits you."

"You think I'm cute?"

"Wh- I didn't even - Stop doing that! You always did that!"

"Hahahah okayy okayy! Goodnight Sam. For real this time."

"Goodnight Mon."

Sam turns her body the opposite side and can't help but smile at their cute banter. Mon always teases her but she can't lie that she quite like it. And the truth it, everything Mon said were true.

______________________________________

" Oh shit!"

Sam cursed loudly and jump out of bed when she realised what was she doing. The bolster that was dividing their space in the middle was nowhere in sight. It fell off the bed on Mon's side.

"What?? What is it?!"

Mon wakes up from her slumber as she was surprised hearing the noise Sam made.

"I'm sorry!! I didn't mean to! I didn't take advantage of you!"

"Calm the fuck out Sam! What are you talking about??"

"We were sleeping, and I wake up seeing that I'm cuddling you. I'm sorry."

"What?? HAHAHAHAHAHHA SAM I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE FUNNY!"

Mon clenched her stomach as she can't stop laughing hearing what Sam said.

"Why are you laughing?!"

" Sam, hahahahah wait I can't stop laughing hahaha we were just cuddling what are you so afraid about?? We took a bath together, remember? I thought something really bad happened."

"I don't want you to think that I'm trying to take advantage of you."

"Nonsense. It was just a cuddle. Plus, you slept really well. You even snored."

"Wait, you're aware that we were cuddling?"

"Yeah. You tossed and turned during midnight then you suddenly kicked the bolster down and came closer to me. Then I noticed you were trying to cuddle. So I just let you."

"WTF?! That was so embarrassing oh my god."

Sam holds her hands to her face to cover the embarrassment. She then ran out of the bedroom hiding away from Mon.

"What the hell is she so embarrassed about?? She already saw me naked." Mon talked to herself.

______________________________________

Mon didn't go looking for Sam because she knows Sam is still embarrassed and trying to avoid her. She'll come inside when she's ready.

The night is deep and the moon finally comes out of hiding. The faint footsteps can be heard through the silent night as the front doors open.

"There you are. Tired of hiding from me?"

"Sorry.."

"Ready for bed? I want to cuddle with you."

"But-"

"Please?"

"You don't mind?"

"I.. like it actually."

"But you'll feel a bit cold with me cuddling you. I don't want to make you uncomfortable."

"Sam, you've lived with the coldness for two decades. I can handle being cold for a few hours. We'll turn off the A/C. Problem solved. I know you miss feeling warm that's why you sleep so soundly last night."

And with that, they went to the bedroom hand in hand climbing the stairs, way to excited than they should be.

They both got into bed, adjusting their comforter, and lay next to each other. But this time, they was no border in the middle. Sam was staring blank at the ceiling until she called the person next to her.

"Mon..", Sam shifted her body on the side facing Mon.

Mon did the same, facing Sam.

"Yeah?"

Sam's eyes lingered on the face of the
beauty in front of her. She lifted up her upper body with her elbow supporting her and gave Mon a soft but lingering kiss on the cheek. It lasted a few seconds but for Mon, the soft lips on her cheek feels like minutes. She closed her eyes, embracing the coldness that she's going to get used to.

"Thank you.", Said Sam.

Mon's face flushed deeply and she holds her smile as she turns her body the other way around, her back facing Sam.

Sam closed their gap as she pulls Mon by the waist really close to her and snuggles her neck.

"Who's the one embarrassed now?"

Sam whispered flirtily as they shared the warmth and coldness of each other's body. And it won't be the last time.

______________________________________

A/N: Hello again! How was it? Thank you for giving loves to my story. Let me know what you think in the comment.

I planned on making this less than 10 chapters but it seems like I can't cover everything I want in 10 chapters so I decided to added some more. I'll try to make it 15 bcs I don't want it to be too long.

For those who waited for mature content 😏 I promise you, it's coming soon but I won't tell you when. I don't want to give any spoilers 🤣

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.8K 957 16
Mon and Sam were introduced to each other by their mutual friends Yuki and Tee, who thought that they would make the perfect match. However, their fi...
184K 7K 50
A story of a lady Freen who goes far away from her family after getting betrayed from her old girlfriend and becomes an undercover agent. Freen's par...
135K 4.1K 43
A freenbecky related story. Freen Gip . . . What will happen when two past lovers meet each other after ages. One is cute and simple while other has...
545K 28.5K 138
A 20 years old girl meet a 33 old woman, who's also a widower and had a 3 years old son. What happened if their fate crossed and becoming one only to...