The Avengers Weakness

De Skylar_Rhodes_

Penny is Peter's ½ sister. They have the same mother, but different dads (their mom died in her sleep suddenl... Mais

Story Info:
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Authors Note
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Authors Note
Chapter Fifteen and Author's Note
Chapter Sixteen
Penny Art is done!!
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Author's Note
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Author's Note
Chapter Twenty-Four
Author's note
Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
A/N
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
A/N
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Fanarts:
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Author's Note
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
More Fan Art!
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Epilogue

Chapter Fifty-Two

604 11 0
De Skylar_Rhodes_

Peter walked out of the dressing room at the tailor's that he and the others had stopped at to pick up their suits. He adjusted the coat as he walked out, making sure the seam lay on his shoulders and not crooked like he always managed to have it.

"Up here, young man," the tailor announced, motioning for him to climb onto the small platform in front of a mirror.

"Yes sir, "he replied, stepping onto the platform.

The man reached up and pulled Peter's arms up into an outstretched position; the brunet continued to keep his arms in their position as the man inspected his suit. Tony gave a nod of approval and snapped a quick photo for Pepper before sitting down in a corner seat of the area they were seated in. Peter looked at himself in the mirror, his deep red and black suit fit him a lot better than it had a week ago when they'd taken his measurements. His usual problems with suits were that the legs were too long for him and the jacket, when it fit his arms, often hung loosely off of his frame due to his enhanced metabolism that kept him on the thin side. He found that side effect of his powers to be embarrassing, because no matter how much he ate or what he did, he stayed the same one hundred forty pounds he averaged at. Pietro leaned forward in his chair, his long legs crossed lazily in front of him; he grinned at Peter, whose longer sections of hair were pulled back in a little pony tail that stuck up on the top of his head. The younger teen's curls were now almost as long as Pietro's; he'd still yet to get a haircut because he kept forgetting to go to the appointments. Tony wasn't much better at remembering either, so Steve was taking the younger boy to his hair appointment after their suit fittings in order to get his messy brown curls cut off. Peter's expression showed that he was seemingly lost in thought about something, his brow was slightly furrowed and his bottom lip slightly protruding.

Pietro laughed, "What's on your mind little brother?" he asked.

Peter shrugged and the tailor cleared his throat disapprovingly, the teen's cheeks turned pink. "Sorry sir," he replied, he cleared his throat, "Nothing." he shot back quietly.

Pietro laughed again, "You're clearly thinking about something small fry, you got that look."

"Just thinking about stuff." he replied.

Pietro grinned, "You know you look kinda lovesick small fry." he announced, a mischievous winkle in his dark eyes.

Peter cut him a look.

The ash-blond's grin grew larger as he got a mischievous twinkle in his eye, "You thinking about MJ?" he asked.

"P!" Peter hissed, his eyes widening at the ash-blond.

Tony sat up, "Who's MJ underoos?" he asked.

He shook his head, the shorter pieces of his longer deep brown curls, slightly dancing against his forehead, "N-no one." he quickly replied, his ears reddening.

Tony grinned, "Is my kid in love?" he teased, he was seemingly amused by this fact.

Peter shook his head emphatically, "N-no!"

Pietro grinned, "As my pops would say he's twitterpated." he replied, giving Peter a teasing look. "MJ is Michelle from a few years ago...you know the girl with the crazy curly hair who calls him loser?" he asked.

Tony nodded, remembering that Peter had introduced a girl with a similar description; he mainly remembered how she'd interrogated him about his business and their practices of green energy, "So you found yourself a girl?" he asked.

Peter glared at Pietro in the mirror, "Please stop." he groaned.

Pietro laughed, "Never little brother, it's my job to embarrass you." he announced, sounding proud of himself.

"Fine...what about you and Caroline?" he asked, smirking as Steve, Bucky, and Sam all looked up from what they were doing to look at the eighteen year old.

Pietro glared at him, "Peter!" he hissed, his blue eyes growing wide.

Peter turned around to where he was facing the group as the tailor continued to check over his suit, his arms hanging by his sides, "I warned you." he shrugged.

"You're such a little sh-" he paused when he caught Steve giving him the eyebrows of disappointment, "jerk." he corrected.

Peter stuck his tongue out at him, "You started it P." he shot back.

"I call a truce." the ash-blond announced, holding up his hands in surrender.

Peter nodded his head again, "Deal." he replied, grinning triumphantly.

"Your suit looks fine Mister Parker, you may change back into your clothes. Mister Maximoff you're next." the tailor announced.

Peter thanked the older man before jumping down from the platform; he emerged a few moments later in his white dress shirt and blue jeans. Tony was going to help him pick out a tie that matched his suit and the white seemed to be the best fit for the suit. Pietro grabbed his navy blue suit from off of the rack where it was neatly hung and disappeared into the dressing room that Peter had just come from. The brunet tugged uncomfortably at the buttoned up shirt that he was wearing over his t-shirt; he itched to put back on his sweatshirt that was discarded on a chair with his sneakers. He looked down at his mix-matched socks, he really should have looked for a pair that matched better. Tony waved him over to a rack of bow ties and he groaned, he found bow ties to be more annoying that regular ties; he wished the man would just let him not wear one or better yet, get one that was already tied. But he knew that would never happen, Tony said that he always needed to look presentable and he was pretty sure that he was planning on him taking over the company when he was older and in order for him to do that, he guessed he needed to know how to tie a real tie. The billionaire picked up a black bow tie from off of the rack and pulled it around the collar of his dress shirt, his fingers starting to loop the silky material around itself.

"So MJ huh?" he asked.

Peter felt his cheeks reddening again, "Dadddd," he groaned.

The billionaire laughed, "Just asking kiddo," he teased. "So what's she like?"

"She's great...." Peter started, his mind starting to fall back onto the topic of the brunette girl, "She has these really pretty curls and these brown eyes. She's sarcastic and funny and she always stands up for what she feels is right. Like last year when we went to the Washington monument, she refused to ride up it because it was made by slaves...she had a sign and everything. Did I mention she's pretty too? She's nice too...in an MJ way, she's always been nice to me and Ned." he noticed the man's sceptical look, "Yeah she calls us losers, but that's MJ for calling you a friend. She kept checking on me when Penny was gone and kept asking how she was doing....She tries not to show it, but you can tell she cares. And when she's around my hands get all sweaty an-"

Tony laughed, "Slow down there kid, I can hardly understand a word you're saying." he announced.

Peter chuckled lightly, his face turning red, "Oh." he whispered.

Tony chuckled a little, "Sounds like a nice girl. She coming to the party?"

Peter nodded his head emphatically, "Yeah..." he replied softly.

Tony finished tying the bow tie, "Whatcha think underoos?"

Peter shrugged, "I don't really like ties."

Tony laughed, "I'll let you in on a secret Pete...no one does." he replied quietly.

Peter laughed.

"I'm serious...but in all honesty, do you like this one or do you want the red and black striped one?"

"Can't I just go without...celebrities do it all the time." he asked, he gave the billionaire a pleading look.

Tony snorted slightly, "Afraid not kid, your mom would kill us both." 

Peter nodded again, "I guess you're right." He looked at himself in the mirror, "Can I try on the other one to see what I think?" he asked.

"Don't see why not." Tony replied, tugging at the end of the bowtie around the sixteen year old's neck and letting it unravel. He held out the black and red one, "You try."

Peter gulped, he was never any good at tying ties, "I can try..." he laughed.

He pulled it around his neck and adjusted it, his hands starting to move how he'd watched Tony's do it.

"You should ask her out." the billionaire announced.

He coughed, choking on air, "Wh-What?" he asked, his eyes slightly wide.

"That MJ girl, ask her out." the man repeated.

Peter laughed uncomfortably, still fumbling with the bowtie in his hands, "I-I can't just ask MJ out. She doesn't like me like that..." he replied, his ears were bright red.

"Lies!" Pietro shouted across the shop.

Peter snickered when he picked up on the sound of Steve fussing at his son.

"Well blondie says that she does." Tony countered.

"I doubt it...MJ's way too cool to like me...I'm a nerd." he replied, shaking his head.

Tony laughed, "I'm a nerd too, kid and your mom married me."

Peter dropped the tie in his hands, looking at the finished project in the mirror, his lips dropping into a frown, "That's not right..." he mumbled, pulling it loose again and started over, "You're also Tony Stark dad." he replied.

Tony shrugged, "And You're Peter damn Parker....don't tell your mother I said that." he replied.

Peter laughed at the billionaire, "Exactly I'm Peter Parker." he replied, "And I won't tell mom.

"Don't forget you're a Stark now too, kid." the billionaire reminded softly.

Peter's lips turned down in a small frown, "Not by blood." he added quietly.

The billionaire cut him a look and flicked his forehead, "Don't talk like that. You're my damn kid just as much as Morgan is." he announced, sounding personally offended that the teenager even made that comment, "Blood is thicker than water, kid; I believe you make your own family. Look at May, she wasn't your blood aunt, she was related through marriage, yet she took care of you like you were her very own. She loved you more than any damn body." he replied.

Peter shrugged again, still trying his best to tie the stupid bowtie, "Yeah, but this is different." he replied, "Aunt May had to love me, she was there when I was born and she was married to my uncle Ben. I'm just some kid you found."

Tony cut him a disapproving look, "For a genius, you sure do say some dumb shit." he muttered, he gently slapped Peter's hands away from the tie he was starting to crumple up, "Let me do it kid." he announced, he was growing tired of the teenager struggling to tie the silky material, "You know what? It doesn't matter; you're my kid and I love you." he announced.

Peter shot him a small grin, "I love you too."

He billionaire continued to swiftly maneuver his hands, "It doesn't matter if you're not blood kid. Look at blondie over there with capsicle. Steve has loved that kid since the first time he met him and he's not blood. Blondie also tells almost everyone that you're his little brother and guess what? You're not his blood either. Family is what you make it kid. Just like how Hap and Rhodey are like my brothers, not blood but they sure as hell are family."

Peter nodded, "I guess you're right." he announced, more to himself than anything else.

Tony let go of the tie, and turned Peter around to look in the mirror again, "Ta da and you know I'm right." he replied, slightly tousling the boy's hair.

Peter looked at himself in the mirror, "I think I like the black one better." he announced.

Tony nodded, "That's what I was thinking." he replied, "Don't think I don't love you and your sister because you're not my blood." he added as he eyed the younger teen's downcast expression, "I love you two just as much as I love Morgan. I'd do anything for you three." he replied, ruffling the teen's hair.

"Thanks dad, I love you too."

Tony grinned, "I know you do." he replied, tugging the tie loose around Peter's neck.

Tony hung the red and black tie back up and carried the black one in his hand over to where Peter's suit was neatly hung up. He draped it over the hanger and watched as Peter pulled off his dress shirt, revealing yet another science pun t-shirt. The teenager carefully put his dress shirt back on its hanger and stuffed his dress shoes back into their box before pulling on his sneakers and his sweatshirt. Tony sat down next to the teen, throwing his arm on the back of the couch behind his son. He placed his hand on the boy's shoulder and pulled him closer while they waited for the others to finish getting their fittings.

Yelena stood at the vanity in her sister's room, the redhead's full-length mirror showing off the look she was sporting for the party. She adjusted the top of her dress before moving down to the black ruffles that peeked out the slit of the black dress. She smiled faintly to herself in the mirror, the red curls of her sister were moving around behind her. The redhead turned around, her red lipstick almost the same shade as her hair as she smiled fondly at her little sister.

"You look beautiful Lena." the redhead complimented.

The blonde teenager smiled, "Thank you Tasha, you look beautiful too."

The redhead smiled, "Let's finish that hair of yours Lene." announced, motioning for the younger girl to sit at the vanity.

Yelena nodded, "Okay." she replied, sitting down at the vanity and adjusting the hemlines of her dress over her legs.

Natasha stood behind her, her nimble fingers moving around in her sister's hair as she used the curling wand to curl the other girl's blonde locks. Yelena looked through her blackened eyelashes at her sister in the mirror, watching as she styled away at her hair. She flashed her sister a small smile and the redhead returned it. She enjoyed the small moments like these with her sister, the periods of time where they spent together before each party. Times when the pair could just be themselves, acting like two young women instead of trained spies. Natasha leaned forward and pressed a kiss on the top of her head, laughing lightly before doing her best to rub off the red lipstick stain that was coloring the girl's blonde hair a pinkish red color. Yelena laughed at her sister's action and adjusted the gold necklace that was resting on her collarbone.

The redhead reached around and hugged her, "I ever tell you how glad I am that you're here?" she asked as she looked at the pair in a mirror.

The blonde shrugged, "Occasionally." she replied.

The older woman rolled her green eyes, "Well I'm glad you're here Lena." she announced, tightening her grip that she had around her sister, "I'm so glad I found you again."

Yelena turned around and hugged her sister, pressing her forehead against her sister's, "Me too Tasha." she replied. "Me too," she whispered.

Natasha hugged her tightly, "I know we're not blood Lena, but you'll always be family. Never doubt that, It's always been real for me too." she lightly whispered, she knew that the fact that they were selected to be family had often bothered the seventeen year old, even if she hadn't talked about that fact in a while.

Yelena nodded and hugged the redhead tightly, "You'll always be my sister Tasha." she replied.

The redhead pulled back and dabbed away the tears that were starting to form in her eyes she was not going soft, "Good, now let's get finished up here so you can see Kate and I can find a certain scientist."

Yelena grinned and plopped herself down on her sister's bed, "How's it going with Brucie?" she teased, her bright green eyes twinkling in mischief at her.

The redhead rolled her eyes, "Nothing's going on...Bruce is just nice to talk to." she replied.

Yelena smirked, "And Kate Bishop isn't my girlfriend." she replied, her eyebrow raising slightly.

Natasha turned around and glared at her sister as she fastened her earrings, "Yelena..." she warned, "Bruce and I are just friends." she replied with a small sigh.

The blonde grinned and crossed her legs over each other, "But you wouldn't object to the idea of being more?" she asked.

Natasha glared at her a little harder before breaking into a small smile, "I suppose not." she admitted.

"Great." the blonde announced, pushing herself up from the redhead's bed, "Well I'm ready, I'm going to find Kate." she announced, adjusting the headband she was wearing.

Natasha looked at her skeptically, "Don't do anything stupid Lena." she warned.

Yelena grinned, "Who me?" she asked.

The young woman pursed her lips, "Yes you." she shot back, her green eyes slightly narrowing at the blonde.

The seventeen year old shrugged, "No promises....but I swear right now I'm going to find Kate." she announced, flashing the older girl a small smile.

Natasha watched her younger sister slip out of her room, the sound of her high heels clicking up the hallway towards Wanda's room, where the brunette was getting ready. Wanda had offered to help her girlfriend get ready and since the brunette didn't care for make-up or styling her hair, she gladly took the redhead up on the offer. Yelena tossed her hair over her shoulder and knocked on Wanda's door. The door swung open, revealing Wanda, who was already dressed in her sparkling dress. The redhead offered her a small smile before turning back around to walk over to her bed, her sparkling shoes in her hand.

She bent over and started putting on the sandals, "Don't you look pretty Lena," she announced.

Yelena smiled, her dark red lips pulling up at the corners, "Thank you Wanda...you look beautiful. The dress is very....you." she announced.

The redhead laughed, "Thank you. Now I know you're not here for me...." she replied, offering the grey-green eyed girl a small smile.

Yelena laughed lightly, "Who says?" she asked.

"The thoughts that are swarming in your brain." she responded, raising an eyebrow at her.

Yelena grinned,a slight blushed settling on her cheeks, "Fine...you caught me...is she here?" she asked.

"In the bathroom getting dressed." she replied, "And she looks absolutely perfect if you ask me."

Yelena grinned, "She's always beautiful." she replied quietly.

Kate's laugh came from the bathroom behind her, "Thanks babe." she responded.

Yelena spun around to see the brunette behind her in her detailed romper. The brunette had settled for a flare-legged romper that almost looked like a dress, it was the closest thing to a dress that she'd wear. It accentuated her figure and long legs and the deep teal color brought out the striking blue of her deep blue eyes. Yelena let out a breathy laugh, a large smile forming on her lips. She walked closer to the brunette, whose usual bun or ponytail had been swapped out for a long chunky braid that rested over her shoulder. Her fingers found the hairpin that rested in a section of the braid, its color matching the girl's outfit perfectly. Kate was absolutely beautiful.

"What do you think?" she asked, her blue eyes shining expectantly.

Yelena pulled her close, bringing her in for a small kiss, "I think you look stunning." she whispered.

Kate giggled, her cheeks blushing, "Thanks...you look great too."

Yelena shrugged, trying to play off her emotions, "What this old thing?" she asked.

Kate laughed, "You're deflecting." she teased.

"Who me?" the blonde asked, pausing slightly, "....Yes." she quietly added, "But that's because you left me speechless."

Wanda laughed, "You don't sound so speechless, Lena." she announced, putting on her necklace.

The blonde looked over her shoulder, "Don't distract her Wanda Maximoff." she replied, quickly aiming to shush the redhead.

Kate laughed, "Nothing can distract me from you Lene...you're just too beautiful." she replied sweetly.

Yelena blinked her eyes slowly, feeling her ears warm up, "Y-you." she stuttered.

Kate grinned, "I've learned from the best babe." she teased.

Yelena rolled her eyes, "Now that I've seen you eternal beauty Katie, I have a proposition for you."

The brunette gave her a confused look, "What'd you do now?" she asked, sighing slightly while she pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Nothing...." the green-eyed girl replied, pretending she was offended at the notion that she'd done something she shouldn't have, she sighed, "...yet. But it's not going to be bad." she added.

Kate slowly nodded her head, "Depends on what you want to do." she replied.

The blonde grinned, "We should set up my sister and Doctor Banner." she announced.

"Lena..." Wanda called in a warning tone.

She looked at the redhead, feigning innocence, "What? It's perfect!" she announced, "They both like each other and I'm tired of seeing the two of them pretend there's nothing going on with each other. We can push them together."

"So you're tired of them pulling a you and Kate?" the redhead teased.

Yelena spun around, "I object to that notion." she replied, frowning slightly.

Kate nodded, "Me too Wands."

Wanda rolled her green eyes, "Of course you two would. The two of you stared and flirted with each other for the past two years. You were too blind to notice the other one doing it back...just let it happen by itself. That's what we did."

Kate's face was red, "Y-you knew?" she asked, she was stumbling over her words.

"It was kind of obvious." the redhead shrugged, laughing softly to herself.

"I thought I was good at hiding it..." the blue-eyed teen whispered to herself.

"You weren't." she replied, her face emotionless.

"I had no clue." Yelena offered.

"Because like I said you were blind, everyone else could see it." the redhead replied, waving towards the pair who were sitting on her bed, "I mean look at you two...you've sat like that for years."

Yelena looked towards the vanity mirror that leaned against the wall across from Wanda's bed. She saw herself sitting in Kate's lap, her legs crossed delicately, while Kate had her arms tucked under her arms, latched around her waist with her chin resting on her shoulder. She realized that they always had sat like this or in a similar fashion.

"Oh..." she replied, "but Bruce Banner is too shy to do anything with his emotions and my sister wouldn't want to push him because she knows how shy he is, so it's up to us." she announced.

Wanda sighed and shook her head, "Leave me out of it."

"I'm in, I want to see Nat and Bruce together, we could go on double dates." Kate announced, grinning slightly at the other girl.

Yelena scrunched up her nose, "And watch my sister flirt her ass off? No thank you...I just want to see Tasha happy." she replied with a small shake of her head.

Kate laughed, "Well she already flirts with him." she reminded.

Yelena nodded, "But when they get together, she'll do it just to annoy me and make him red."

Wanda looked over her shoulder and smirked slightly, "So you?" she teased.

The girl narrowed her green eyes at the redhead, "I object to that too."

A knock on the door pulled them for their standing contest and Wanda opened it using her powers. The three of them smiled brightly at Penny, who was standing at the door, holding Morgan's hand. The younger of the pair was jumping up and down in her spot, the braided flower buns in her hair starting to drop a little at the action. She was looking down at herself, watching the golden ruffles of her dress move around. She looked up at the others and grinned, waving with her free hand before letting go of Penny's hand and running over to Kate and Yelena. Wanda picked the younger girl up and started fastening her hair down with more bobby pins while she looked at Penny. Penny looked absolutely stunning in her white sparkling dress; it made her look slightly older, but she still looked young. Something that Wanda wished would stay with her for forever; she didn't want any of the younger kids to grow up, she wished they could stay like how they were for forever, the idea of growing up scared her. Penny's already younger appearance was something that everyone else agreed is what helped them become so attached to her, despite only knowing her for less than a year. Her long brown curls were mostly styled in delicate twists that were pinned up at the back of her head, a small tiara resting on top of her head. Morgan had found the tiara at the dress boutique right before leaving and insisted that the fourteen year old wear it, luckily it matched the dress perfectly and Penny didn't seem to mind wearing one.

"I'd say that is the prettiest you've ever looked peanut." the redhead announced.

Penny blushed, "Thank you..."

Kate looked up from her position, "She's right Little P, you look great!" she announced loudly.

Penny giggled, "Everyone looks so pretty." she replied.

The girls thanked her as she stepped into the room after Wanda motioned for her to come in. She sat carefully on the vanity stool and folded her hands in her lap, slightly playing with a ring that was on her index finger.

"Nervous buba?" Yelena asked.

Penny looked up at Yelena, the blonde could see the anxiety swirling about in her eyes, "A little...." she admitted.

Morgan bounded over to her sister and climbed up in her lap, the brunette hugged the eight year old from behind and pressed her cheek against the younger girl's.

"Don't be, you have nothing to worry about." Wanda assured.

Penny nodded softly, "I haven't had a party in so long..."

"Well you've been to so many, you know how much your dad loves a party." Wanda replied, giving her a reassuring smile, "So don't stress about it, instead of this being a random party or being a party for someone else, it's about you. You're lucky he didn't throw some extravagant party when he adopted you and Peter, Pepper talked him out of it."

Penny laughed, "I guess so." she replied as she mentally thanked her mother once again for talking the billionaire out of throwing some large party that would've made her extremely nervous and uncomfortable.

Yelena decided to distract her from the party, "Who did your hair, it looks really good." she complimented.

Penny's hand went up to her curls that were all pinned up in a fancy updo, Morgan quickly answered for her, "Mommy did."

"She did a really good job peanut, did she do your hair to Morgs?" Wanda replied, offering her a small smile.

Morgan nodded her head, "Uh huh."

"Well you both look pretty." the redhead announced, offering the younger girls a soft smile.

"Thank you Wands." Penny replied softly.

"Penny looks like a princess." Morgan announced, "Just like Peter says."

The other girls laughed at her excitement, "You're not wrong Ки́са'' Yelena announced, "You do look like a princess buba, Peter isn't wrong when he calls you princess." she replied, her Russian accent thickly enunciating the nickname the brunet gave to his sister.

Penny smiled slightly, "Thank you..."

Pietro's head peaked around the door, he grinned, "You girls look radiant tonight." he announced.

Wanda rolled her eyes at her twin, "Thank you Dash." she replied, "Do you need something?" she asked.

He stepped in the room, adjusting the blue coat of his three piece suit, "Nope, pops did my tie and made me get a haircut so it's just gel tonight." he replied, grinning.

Morgan ran over to him, hugging his legs, "Pitro!" she called.

He grinned down at her and picked her up, "Don't you look like a little fairy tonight printesa mea."

She giggled and hugged his neck.

He bowed dramatically, but not so far down that he risked dropping Morgan, "I came to escort you lovely ladies to the party...everyone's waiting for the guest of honor." he replied, shooting Penny a large smile, "You look beautiful princessa, looks like me and Pete are going to be chasing off some boys tonight..." he paused, "or girls, whatever you're into princessa."

Wanda smacked her brother, "Alright stop teasing." she warned, rolling her eyes at him.

The ash-blond stuck his tongue out at his twin, "But we chase them off every time anyways from all of you girls." he replied, "None of my sisters are getting boyfriends."

Kate grimaced, "Disgusting." she mumbled.

Yelena laughed, pulling the brunette up from the bed, "Don't worry about us dummy," she teased, "Katie and I are just fine, right Katherine?"

Kate blushed a little at Yelena using her full name, "Totally, besides we can take care of ourselves."

The boy rolled his blue eyes, "I'm the big brother of the group, I do what I want." he announced.

Wanda laughed, "I'll be sure to tell that to Nat." she replied.

He glared at her, "You wouldn't dare." 

She smirked at her twin and stepped out of her room, motioning for everyone to follow her out, "Try me P." she replied.

"Fine...I guess you can have a partner." he mumbled, "Only if I approve." he called as the redhead walked towards the elevator.

Morgan giggled in his arms, "What about me?" she asked, "Can I have a boyfriend."

He frowned, "Not till you're old." he replied, his borw slightly furrowed.

Kate and Yelena walked by the pair, "Not till you are sixty Ки́са." Yelena called.

The eight year old giggled, "That's better than what daddy says." she replied, grinning at the older girls.

Pietro stepped into the elevator with the five girls, "And what does your daddy say printesa mea?" he asked.

She grinned at him, "Never." she announced.

Pietro laughed, "I like that idea better."

Penny laughed, "He says the same thing to me." she added.

Pietro nodded, "He truly is a genius." he teased; he grinned slightly at the sight of Penny who'd willingly stepped into the elevator without grabbing onto someone's hand.

A few moments later, the group of six stepped out of the elevator; Tony and Pepper walked over to them, greeting all six of the younger members of the compound. Tony gave a kiss to each of his daughters; Morgan leaned over for the billionaire to carry her, so he quickly took her from Pietro, not caring about his tuxedo getting wrinkled in the process. He snaked his empty arm around Pepper's waist, smiling fondly to himself as Peter approached them. The younger boy had finally gotten his hair cut; his curly hair no longer tickled his chin and the bottom of his ears. The curls he had left were neatly gelled back, but it was done in such a way that his curls were clearly defined. He looked quite handsome in his deep red suit, he no longer looked like a young boy, more like a young man.

He reached up to run his fingers through his curls but stopped himself, he grinned brightly, at them, "You guys look great," he complimented, he looked around at the group, "Where's princess?" he asked.

Pietro stepped to the side revealing Penny behind him, "You referring to this princessa?" he asked.

Peter pulled Penny in for a hug, "Wow..." he whispered.

"What?" she asked, slightly pulling away from him.

He laughed lightly, "Nothing...you're just growing up on me Bri." he replied, his voice slightly cracking.

She smiled up at him, "We all get older Petey," she replied.

He frowned, "But you aren't supposed to," he replied, pausing for a few moments, "Mom and Dad would be so proud to see you today....May too." he finished, growing slightly teary eyed.

She sighed lightly, "You think so?" she asked quietly.

He hugged her again, but this time it was longer and emotion felt, "Yeah..." he whispered, nodding his head.

"Thank you Petey," she replied softly.

He chuckled, "I mean it Pen, they'd be so proud of you today."

She smiled sadly.

"You're growing up on me precess, you're not so little anymore..." he replied, gently brushing a stray strand of hair behind her ear, "you're so beautiful now and you're going to grow into a more beautiful young lady and an even better person than you are now...I'm glad to see it and I know they'd do anything to see it."

She nodded lightly and sniffled, "You're going to make me cry Petey." she lightly teased.

He laughed, "I love you princess, happy birthday."

She tightened her grip around his torso, "I love you too Peter."

He nodded, "Now enough of this sappy stuff, let's go find everyone." he announced, channeling his inner Tony.

She laughed and held onto his arm.

Peter pulled her behind him, both stopping to talk to people as they looked for their friends. They made small talk with some of Tony's business partners, who recognized Peter as the billionaire's intern. They seemed to be confused as to who the party was for, not many people knew the Stark's had adopted the two teenagers. The majority of the public knew Morgan as the Stark Industries heir and that was it. Finally, the pair found their friends near the center of the room. Wanda was sitting at a high table, her legs crossed over each other while she talked to Josh and Robbie who were ironically matching in their suits. The raven-haired boy was leaning against the table while making conversation with the redhead girl who had a small smile playing on her lips. Kate and Yelena were not far behind the group, the pair were leaning over to each other closely as they whispered back and forth between each other; their fingers tightly linked together. Pietro was a few feet away, talking to Caroline; he barely noticed Ned approaching him with Betty linked around his arm. Penny found the raven-haired girl to look prettier than usual. Caroline was a naturally pretty girl, she had beautiful hazel eyes with green and gray flecks in them. She had olive-toned skin and light freckles on her cheeks with medium-length jet black hair. The deep green of her dress brought out the green flecks in her hazel eyes and contrasted nicely with her raven hair. She was smiling widely while she talked to the slightly older ash-blond teen. She reached out and touched his arm lightly, her eyes twinkling while Pietro got a goofy looking grin on his face. Peter grinned; it looked like Pietro's affection for the girl wasn't one sided. Ned walked over to the siblings, he and Peter doing their 'super-cool' hand shake, before the heavier of the two hugged Penny tightly, slightly shaking her back and forth slowly.

Peter tapped on his friend's shoulder, "Don't hug her to death dude." he teased.

He pulled away, "Right..." he laughed.

"Happy birthday Pen." he announced.

She smiled at him, "Thank you." she responded softly.

Peter slowly disengaged from the conversations around him, he could vaguely hear Ned and Penny's conversations. His eyes scanned through the crowd for MJ. His eyes searching for her familiar, brown unruly curls. He remembered asking her to come to the party for Penny the previous week; his words came out all muddled like he was speaking underwater and she'd laughed at him before agreeing to come. His breath hitched when his eyes caught sight of her. She was breathtaking. Her usual messy ponytail was swapped out for a delicate looking bun at the base of her neck. The deep red dress that Penny had tried on earlier in the week, made her look prettier than he could ever remember her to ever look this breathtaking. Red truly was her color, maybe she'd wear it more if he asked her too. He raised his hand up, motioning for her over to the group, she looked over to them and started making her way over. She waved back at him, quickly swapping her open hand to flashing him the middle finger, her usual way of greeting him. He gave her confused smile as she walked over to the group, why did she make eye contact with him? She slipped into place next to Wanda, joining in on the conversation she was having with Josh and Robbie. Peter watched her, trying his best not to look stalkerish as his eyes took in every detail about her. Did she always have that little dimple in her left cheek when she laughed? How had he never noticed how big her true smile was? Why couldn't he think straight? Pietro pulled him from his thoughts, draping his arm over his shoulders, grinning at him like a madman.

Peter slowly peeled his attention from the curly-haired girl with Wanda, "What?" he asked, noticing Pietro's behavior.

"I have a date," he announced, resting his head lazily against Peter's slicked back curls.

"Who? Caroline?" he asked, his attention slowly getting pulled back over to MJ and Ned.

"Yup, Thursday night. I'm taking her to the movies and for dinner."

"What about Josh? What'd he say?"

Pietro shrugged, "The usual big brother stuff...'You break my sister's heart, I break you...watch yourself'...All that jazz, but he did say congrats." he replied, grinning.

Peter nodded, "...Yeah...Congrats..." he replied, he wasn't paying much attention to the older boy.

Pietro flicked his ear.

Peter jerked his head to the side, glaring at the older teen, "Hey!" he yelped.

Pietro smirked, "That's for not listening to me." he teased.

Peter rolled his eyes, "I-I was paying attention...you got a date with Caroline...I was just a little distracted."

Pietro smirked, "Looking at Michelle I see."

Peter blushed and smacked away the arm that was draped over his shoulders, "Shut up P." he mumbled.

Pietro laughed, "You really should stop staring little brother...it's making you look creepy." he teased.

Peter's blush deepened, "I don't know what you're talking about." he muttered.

Pietro grinned and leaned down to look the brunet teen in the eye, "I think you do." he announced in a sing-songy voice, "Pete's in love." he announced loudly, dragging out the last word, his grin growing larger when Peter glared at him.

Peter's cheeks reddened and he glared at the boy, smacking his hand over his mouth, "Shut up!" he hissed, his tone low.

Pietro snickered to himself and pulled Peter's hand away, he grinned cheekily, "I'll leave you to being creepy small fry." he announced, leaving a red-faced Peter slowly blinking his eyes.

MJ approached him, her classic sly smile playing on her lips, "Thank you." she whispered.

He blinked his eyes and gave her a confused look, "Wh-what?" he asked.

She smirked a little more, "Thank you." she repeated.

"F-for what?" he stuttered, mentally kicking himself for sounding like a babbling idiot. What was she thanking him for again? Did he do something and forget he did it?

She laughed and he blushed again get it together he thought to himself, "You've been staring at me for a while now, loser...obviously you think I look good....so thank you." she replied.

He laughed uneasily, Was he that obvious, "Y-yeah...you uh you look really pretty tonight MJ." he complimented.

She narrowed her eyes at him, "Are you saying I'm not pretty unless I dress up Parker?"

He froze uh oh "What?! N-no..you uh you are always pretty...like really pretty. I-I mean I think you uh...I think you're great you know..." he replied, he shoved his hands in his pockets, pinching his leg for stumbling over his words again what was wrong with him? Why couldn't he talk to her anymore without sounding like an idiot?

She laughed again, "Relax, I'm just messing with you loser. Thanks." she replied, lightly pushing his arm.

He frowned, "Oh..." He definitely looked like an idiot now, if he didn't already.

"I think you look pretty too," she offered.

He jerked his gaze up from the floor, he could feel the heat rising up the back of his neck WHAT?! "O-oh um thanks."

She smirked and stepped closer to him, he could smell the sweet vanilla scent of her perfume, "I wouldn't object if you wanted to hang out more this summer...even if it's just the two of us," she stated, her deep brown eyes staring into his.

Oh...OH! He grinned and started swaying slightly on his heels, "G-great I-I'd really like that." he replied, nodding his head as she spoke.

She leaned over and pecked his cheek with her lips, before walking away. He let out a noise of surprise, his face turning a bright red as he watched her walk back to Wanda. She whispered something in her ear and the redhead smiled largely before casting her gaze over towards him and winked at him. He felt Pietro toss his arm around his shoulder and Ned gripping his arm, shaking it excitedly.

"Dude!" Ned hissed, "She kissed you!" he announced, shaking him in his excitement.

Peter nodded his head, he was still obviously in shock did she like him? "Y-yeah...." he replied.

Pietro clapped his shoulder, "Way to go oh small one." he announced, he looked proud of him.

Peter looked up at the ash-blond, "Do you think she likes me?" he mumbled.

Pietro rolled his eyes and Ned groaned, "Little brother, are you sure you're a genius?" he asked.

Peter nodded and gave him yet another confused look, "That's what everyone says." he replied.

He ash-blond laughed, "Well we should get you checked again..." he mumbled.

Peter gave him a half-hearted glare, "Why?" he asked.

Ned laughed and shook his head, "Because she totally likes you and you're clueless. She kissed you man!"

Peter scoffed, "I am not clueless." he replied.

Yelena walked by, pulling Kate behind her, "You definitely are spider money." she teased.

He rolled his eyes, "I'm going to find Penny and Morgan," he announced, deciding that he'd had enough of the teasing.

Pietro grinned, "She's at the bar with printesa mea, they're talking to Nat and getting some juice."

Peter nodded, "Thanks, bye you guys." he announced, raising a hand in the air to wave at them.

Pietro grinned and gave Ned a small nudge, motioning over to Peter, "See ya around lover boy!" he called loudly, making a few people look at the teens.

Peter spun around on his heels and glared at him, "Shhh!" he hissed, rolling his eyes.

Pietro and Ned laughed at his exasperated state, Pietro really enjoyed teasing the younger teen, he was the one who gave him the most reactions to his teasing.

Peter found Morgan and Penny at the bar where Natasha was serving drinks. Tony had made the party an alcohol free one, there was no wine or liquor being served for anyone. It was all sparkling juice and ciders along with sparkling water and different fancy sodas and drinks, the "drinks" were all alcohol free. The majority of the avengers didn't drink in the first place and Tony hadn't had a drink since March when Penny went missing. He had decided not to start drinking after her disappearance, knowing that if he started drinking to deal with his emotions, he probably would never stop. Even after she reappeared, he'd decided to stay on his streak and not to drink another drop if he could absolutely help it. The brunet teen reached down and picked Morgan up, making her squeal in surprise as he placed her on his shoulders. Penny turned around and laughed at Morgan, who had latched onto Peter's locks, her small hands tightly wound in his curls.

"Your hair is ruined." she observed.

He shrugged, "Mister Loki or Wanda can fix it," he raised his eyebrows, casting his eyes towards the eight year old on his shoulders, "You comfortable up their Morguna?" he asked.

"I'm so tall now." she giggled, "I like it." she announced, nodding her head.

Peter laughed, "Glad to hear it, you having fun princess?"

She nodded, "Yes, everyone is being so nice...they keep asking who I am." she giggled.

He nodded and grinned, "I'm glad to hear it." he bent down a little, making Morgan giggle, "I'm glad you're here princess.

She smiled, "Me too Petey."

"Me three!" Morgan announced.

Penny laughed, "I'm glad I'm here too Morgie." she repeated, reaching up to touch the younger girl's leg.

The eight year old nodded and flashed her a smile, "Someone's coming." she announced, pointing out to someone approaching them.

Peter looked over to where she had motioned over to her, he noticed a report who'd somehow managed to get inside, "A reporter..." he mumbled, he recognized it as the man who'd tried to harass him when he'd first got his internship and people had started to notice him with Tony.

The man walked over, "Mister Parker." he greeted.

Peter kept his expression neutral as he looked at the man, "Mister Garrett." he replied.

"Nice party Stark threw, isn't it?" he asked.

Peter nodded his head a little, "Yes sir."

"Care to make a statement for the Times?" he asked.

Peter shook his head, "No thank you, I just want to enjoy the party....how'd you get in here in the first place?" he asked.

The man smiled, "I have my ways, a good reporter always has them. I do have a few questions for you, however."

Peter nodded and tried to step around the man but the man blocked his way, "Is it true that you currently reside with the Stark family due to the death of your caregiver?" the man asked, showing the recorder in his face.

Peter tensed, willing himself not to make a snarky comment like Tony would, "Erm-"

The man smirked and continued his line of questions, "What about the rumor that you've been adopted by the Starks?"

"I uh-"

"Or the rumor that you're more than just an intern?" he asked suggestively.

Peter blinked what? "Excuse me?" he asked, the man continued to rattle off questions before he could answer.

He felt Morgan tug on his hair from her position on his shoulders, "Petey?" she called.

"What's up Morgs?" he asked, he could tell she was upset; he could feel her emotions and he could smell that she was scared at the moment.

The man's gaze went up to Morgan and he grinned, he lifted his phone and took a picture of the two of them, not yet noticing Penny next to them, "This will look great in the tabloids, I can see it now. Stark's intern, the glorified babysitter...no wait, Is Parker more than just an intern? I'll work on it," he muttered to himself as she continued snapping pictures of the two.

Peter rolled his eyes, "What's up Morguna?" he asked, ignoring the man.

"Make him go away." she asked, sniffling.

Peter frowned and moved from his shoulders, placing her on the floor behind him, shielding her from the man, "You're upsetting her." he stated.

The man shrugged, "She's a Stark, she'll get used to it." he replied.

Peter bit back the comment that threatened to come out, maybe he had been around his dad too much.

Morgan tugged at his coat, "Petey?" she called again.

He looked over his shoulder at her, "I'm sorry Morgie...I'm trying." he whispered.

Natasha's attention was pulled over to the three kids and the man who was talking to them; she was watching his behavior and wasn't too thrilled that he'd snapped a picture of the three of them. She set down what she was doing and started getting ready to intervene.

The reporter turned his attention to Penny, who'd moved behind Peter slightly, Morgan gripped onto her hand, "Hey you're new. What's your name?" he asked, moving the recorder from Peter to the fourteen year old.

"Um Penny." she replied.

He nodded, "What's your relationship to the Stark's, this is their party after all."

She faltered and took a small step back from him, "Ummm..."

His gaze flicked between her and Peter, he recognized the similarities in their features, especially in their hair and eyes, "You're related." he announced, "Awesome," he lifted his phone up and took a picture of her, "The secret life of Stark's intern," he announced, "you two will make big news."

"Pete..." Penny whispered, she was lightly tugging at his jacket.

"Mister Garett, I'd appreciate it if you'd leave us alone...you're not supposed to be here in the first place." the boy asked, his eyes starting to narrow in annoyance.

The man laughed, "Too bad, kid, I'm here for the inside scoop of the party." he replied, "A source says that it's not Morgan Stark's party, it's for someone else. I'd love to get a picture of the so-called guest of honor if it's true. Mind giving me something?" he asked, moving the recorder back in Peter's face; the teenager could hear the whirring noises of the machine, it was starting to make his ears ring slightly.

Peter narrowed his eyes at him, "You're scaring my-" he paused from referring to Morgan as his sister, it wasn't common knowledge that he'd been adopted by the Starks and if this guy was as smart as he portrayed himself to be, then he'd figure out that both he and Penny were adopted.

They weren't quite ready to have that information out yet, the Davis's had to sign a nondisclosure agreement after the court meeting, before they were whisked away so that they'd not release any information about what happened in the court. He felt Penny shift behind him, he could hear the heartbeats of the younger to girl's picking up and he felt himself getting angry where was security when they needed it?

He reached behind himself and held onto Penny's hand, "It's okay princess," he softly assured, he turned his gaze back to the man about to give him a piece of his mind.

Natasha stepped out from behind the bar, her arms crossed over her chest with a look that could kill, "I'm going to ask you to hand over your phone and recording device Mister Garrett." she announced.

He grinned at her, "Ah Miss Rushman," he announced, turning his attention to the redhead, "how nice to see you."

She narrowed her green eyes at him, "Wish I could say the same," she snapped back, she held out her hand, "hand them over." she announced.

"You can't do that." he objected.

She rolled her eyes, "This is a closed party and you are trespassing, I can do whatever I want." she replied, pulling the phone from his hand and unlocking it with ease, "Idiot," she muttered when she noticed how easy his password was, she deleted the photos he took and handed the phone back, "recorder please." she announced expectantly.

He glared at her, "Freedom of Speech, Miss Rushman, it's the second amendment."

She tapped her fingers on her hip in annoyance, "I am well aware of the amendments and the laws of this country Mister Garrett," she replied, "but it is also illegal to record minors without their knowledge or the consent of their legal guardians. You are also trespassing because I checked over the guest list myself and you were not on it, there was absolutely no body from the press on that list for privacy reasons; therefore, you are trespassing and breaking the law. You've been previously warned that if you keep harassing Mister Parker any further legal action will be pursued." she decided on keeping Peter's name formal to not release any information about her relationship with the teen, "So I will ask one more time, please hand over the recording device in your pocket."

He glared at her, not budging from the position he was in.

She sighed and grabbed his arm, twisting it to the side and pulling the device from his jacket pocket. She erased the information on it, not caring that she'd wiped all data from it, she handed it back to him, "Please leave." she announced.

He growled angrily at her, his nostrils flaring in anger, "You can't throw me out. You're not the boss here, Stark is." he challenged, angrily glaring at the redhead in front of him.

She nodded, her red lips pursed, Peter could see the fire that was brimming in them; he almost felt bad for the man...almost, "Happy!" she called, motioning for the man to come over.

The burly man came over, "What's wrong Nat?" he asked, his gaze fell upon his nieces and nephew, "You kids okay?" he asked, noticing Morgan's teary expression as he bottom lip quivered.

Natasha grabbed onto the lapel of the chubby man's jacket,"Mister Garrett here was bothering them and is refusing to leave. He's a reporter for the Times."

Happy looked the man over, "I thought I told you not to come around the kid anymore." he replied.

The man gulped nervously, "Mister Hogan, what a surprise." he announced.

Happy grabbed his arms, "Sorry he bothered you kids, I'll get Tony after I deal with him."

The four of them watched as Happy pulled the man out of the compound by his arm, hushed lecturing coming from him. A few moments later Tony and Pepper came over to their three children; Morgan had started crying at some point, making them both particularly angry. Tony picked her up and had her resting on his hip in an effort to ease her nerves.

"You're okay Morgana." he cooed softly.

"He's mean." she whispered, tucking her head into the crook of his neck.

"How'd he even get in?" Pepper asked.

Peter shrugged; he'd pulled Penny close to him, safely tucking her away under his arm, "He said he had his ways." he mumbled softly.

She frowned, "Are you three okay?"

He nodded, "We might need to do a press conference soon because apparently there's rumors going around about the adoption." he announced, he sounded reluctant about doing the conference.

Tony and Pepper shared a look, "Are you sure you're ready for that?" the strawberry-blonde asked.

The two siblings nodded, "Yeah." they replied in unison.

Tony nodded, he didn't like the idea of exposing his kids completely to the public; reporters were usually pretty good about not bothering Morgan in public, but that was because they were threatened with lawsuits if any pictures got published without their permission, he wasn't sure he'd be able to do that with all of his kids, "Your mother and I will talk about it." he conceded.

Peter nodded, "Okay, thanks for the help Nat."

The redhead nodded, "No problem Pete, If this wasn't a special event I would've been more Agent than Stark Industries representative." she replied, flashing the family of five a small smile, "If you'll excuse me I'm going to find someone." she announced, leaving them to themselves.

Tony smirked as she watched the redhead walked towards Bruce, who was leaning against a billiard table next to Steve.

Natasha walked over to the two men, Steve saw her first and a small smile graced his lips. He nodded his head towards the redheaded woman and said something to the dark-haired scientist. The scientist turned around to face the redheaded woman, his gaze looking her up and down before a soft smile on his lips. He patted the blond soldier's arm and moved past him, walking towards the redhead.

She smiled at him, "Bruce." she greeted.

Bruce's smile grew larger while he talked to her, "Natasha." he greeted, he continued to look her over, "Wow." he mumbled slightly.

She laughed at him, "Thank you." she replied, her cheeks slightly flushing a dull shade of pink.

"Just wow..." he whispered, "You look just wow." he laughed lightly.

She laughed at him, her smile growing, "Thank you Bruce."

"N-No problem," he stuttered, his cheeks a bright red, "I uh..." he stopped talking.

Natasha's smile grew, "Did you want to say something Bruce?" she asked as she slightly tilted her head to the side.

"I uh...I wanted to tell you that you look great....you're absolutely stunning Nat...as always. You're always beautiful." he blurted, mumbling the last part to himself, but the redhead still heard him.

She smiled at him, "That's very sweet of you, Bruce. Do you want to get a drink?" she asked.

He laughed lightly, "Sure..." he replied.

He held out his arm to her, she smiled sweetly and looped her arm around his. The pair started making their way over to the bar to get something to drink. Natasha found that he kept looking at her, she smiled at him, and rested her head on his arm.

"You know you keep staring at me Doctor Banner." she lightly teased.

His cheeks flushed a deeper red, "I can't help it, you're beautiful Nat." he complimented.

She laughed, "You keep saying that."

He laughed uncomfortably, "S-sorry." he replied, rubbing the back of his neck nervously, "I don't know what else to say."

She laughed, "Well, I think it's sweet." she replied, her green eyes twinkling.

A soft smile formed on his lips, "I'm not lying Natasha, you truly are beautiful. In every way...your smile, your laugh, how you carry yourself....I mean it. I just think...well I-. Damn it...I can't get my words out." he muttered, "Would you like to go to dinner with me?" he blurted, "I mean only if you wanted too."

She smiled, "Are you asking me on a date, Bruce?"

He nodded, rubbing the back of his neck with his free hand, "Um...yes." he replied.

She laughed lightly and touched his cheek, pulling his gaze to her face, "I'd love to go on a date with you Bruce." she whispered softly.

He smiled largely and nodded his head, "Great...th-that's great. I'd love to take you to dinner Natasha."

She continued to pull him towards the bar, a large smile grazing her lips, "Good, because I'd love for you to take me to dinner...." she paused for a few seconds, slightly tracing her index finger up the sleeve of his dark purple dress shirt, "I thought you'd never ask. Now let's get that drink."

He nodded, "I'd love to."

The two took their seats at the bar; the redhead leaned over the counter and grabbed two glasses and a bottle of sparkling red grape juice. She pulled the cork and poured them two glasses as they sat down on two of the stools. Kate's eye caught the couple at the bar, she grinned when she saw Natasha reach over and lay her hand on top of Bruce's. She reached over to Yelena and started shaking her arm.

"Lena! Lena!" she hissed, pulling on her girlfriend's arm.

Yelena pulled her attention away from the conversation she was having, "What is it Kate Bishop?" she asked, gently pulling her arm from the brunette's grasp and snaking it around her waist instead.

She pointed over to the two, "It looks like we won't have to do anything, look!"

Yelen looked over at them, "Perfect." she announced, "We should go over there."

Kate shook her head, "Let's just leave them." she replied, grabbing the blonde's hand and pulling her slightly back when she started to walk away.

Yelena sighed, "I guess....let's go find the others."

The group of teenagers all met up at their tables in the center of the room, the penthouse suite of the compound had been decked out with tables and decorations. A small platform had been placed near the living room, on it was the cake, similar to the parties that were thrown in the suite earlier in the past year. Penny was sitting in one of the chairs, Peter and Betty sitting next to her while Pietro leaned against the table behind them while talking to Caroline along with her brother and Robbie. Yelena walked over and sat in the last chair at the table, Kate close behind her. The brunette snaked her arms around the girl's waist through the open backing of the chair, she stood on her tiptoes so she could rest her chin on her girlfriend's shoulder. MJ and Wanda were at a third table, sitting by themselves, making small conversation. Ned came over a few moments later, holding a few small glasses of punch in his hands. He set the five glasses down and started handing them out.

He frowned slightly, "I didn't know Lena and Kate were coming, be right back." he announced, leaving the table quickly.

Peter laughed a little as his best friend disappeared into the crowd, "I'm going to help him before he drops something." he announced.

Betty nodded, "Please do." she replied, knowing about her boyfriend's clumsy nature when he was nervous and being at a party with the Avengers definitely did that to him.

Peter nodded and slipped out of his chair, "Be right back." he announced.

The group watched the brunet disappear into the crowd like Ned had done a few moments earlier. The two boys returned a bit later with more drinks for everyone else that was with them. They set the drinks down on the table and started handing them out to everyone before rejoining the table where Penny and Betty were seated. Peter climbed back into his chair and leaned over to Penny, he pulled her seat a little closer to his and placed his arm on the back of her seat. Eventually Cooper and Lila joined the group, the older of the two, enjoying his time talking with Pietro about how to annoy their sisters; Peter shook his head at the conversation and looked over to Yelena, who was clicking her tongue in disagreement. Almost an hour later, Tony came over to the teenagers, announcing that it was time for his toast and to cut the cake. The group started to disperse in their different directions. Wanda and Pietro went over to their father who had spent the majority of his time introducing Sharon to everyone; the pair weren't far away from where the teenagers had taken up residence. Pietro stood next to his twin, resting his arm over her shoulders and his chin pressing firmly on top of her head, grinning to himself while he ignored her small protests about him messing up her hair before the party was over; Steve was hugging Sharon as well, his large hands playing with her fingers that were intertwined with his. Kate and Yelena were across the living floor with their family: Natasha was holding a sleeping Nathanial on her hip while she stood with Clint and Laura, who were watching their other two children. Lila was trying her best to dodge Cooper's attempts to tug on her ponytail-an idea that he'd gotten from Pietro; the older boy was laughing happily to himself while he kept reaching over and tugging at the end of his younger sister's ponytail. Yelena laughed lightly at the pair before reaching out and grabbing the boy's coat collar when he went to walk past her in an effort to pull on Kate's braid. He yelped slightly before stopping in his spot, he glared at the blonde half-heartedly before sighing and shoving his hands into his pockets. Yelena nodded approvingly and wrapped her arm back around Kate's arm that was holding hands with her other hand. Kate smiled up at her and leaned her head over towards the blonde. Yelena followed suit and their heads ended up resting against each other's. Kate smiled faintly as she grabbed onto the arm that Yelena had wrapped around her other arm, their eyes turned towards the platform. Caroline and Josh had stayed at the tables with Robbi, Ned, Betty, and MJ. The six of them patiently wait for the billionaire's toast with glasses of apple cider in their hands. Tony handed Morgan off to Peter, the eight year old was half asleep since it was almost ten-thirty, but Peter was fairly certain that she'd wake up when it was time to eat cake. Peter adjusted his youngest sister against his chest, letting her fall asleep with her head on his shoulder. Tony led Penny up to the platform and grabbed the mic that was set on the table with the cake. He put his arm around the brunette teenager and pulled her over to himself, tucking her under his arm before he cleared his throat.

"Is this thing on?" he asked, jokingly.

A series of laughs echoed throughout the floor.

He laughed, "Good to know. I'd like to make a toast." he paused dramatically, "I know, I know another long speech," he teased, he felt Penny stifle a giggle from under his arm and he grinned, "But it's for my kid so you'll deal with it." he announced. "As everyone who isn't in the close circle can see, this isn't Morgan. My wife and I have two other children..."

A series of hushed whispers rippled throughout the crowd.

He raised his hand to shush the crowd, once the crowd settled down, he placed his arm back over the fourteen year old's shoulders. "In July, something happened to someone that was very close to me; it was tragic and it never should have happened. But it happened. Due to the events of that month, these two amazing kids were dropped into our lives, permanently. But it was great. One of those amazing kids is Penny here." he announced, glancing fondly down at his middle child, "Skip to late November and we did something that Pepper and I thought we'd never do....we adopted them and we wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. Penny kiddo, when I say this, I guarantee you I'm speaking for your mother and I. We're so glad we met you kiddo. You're one of the best kids I've ever met, just like your brother over there." he announced, slightly jabbing the mic at Peter who was still standing next to Pepper with Morgan in his arms, "You're sweet and kind, overly quiet at times, but you never fail to make us laugh. You're the perfect big sister to Morgan, and we couldn't be any more thrilled than we are for you to be here with us. Happy birthday kiddo, I love you more than words can ever express and can't wait for what the future holds for our family." He pressed a small kiss to the top of her head, "Thanks for making the family complete kiddo." he held up his glass, "To Penny, one of the best damn kids I know."

The words "To Penny," echoed throughout the floor and the noise of glasses clinking filled the room.

Tony helped the mic over to the fourteen year old, "Want to say anything hun?" he asked.

Her cheeks reddened and she emphatically shook her head.

He laughed, "Alright then, let's say we cut that cake of yours?"

She flashed him a smile and picked up the knife.

"Hell yeah princessa, cut that cake, we're starving!" Pietro's voice called out over the crowd.

She giggled to herself at the boy and laughs started to ripple throughout the crowd.

After she finished cutting the cake, Penny went back to her spot at the table that she'd spent a good portion of the night at with her friends. A few moments later, Peter set Morgan down in the chair next to the brunette and placed a small slice of cake in front of the younger girl. Morgan yawned widely and stretched before she dug into the piece of cake.

"Mmmm." she lightly mumbled.

Penny turned her attention to her younger sister, "What is it Morgie?" she asked.

"Is good Bri.'' a muffled reply came, since her mouth was full of cake and ice cream.

Penny laughed quietly at the younger girl and took a bite of her cake.

Peter came back a few moments later with his own large slice of cake and several scoops of vanilla ice cream; it still never failed to amaze her by how much he ate. He set his plate down on the table before pulling off his dark red suit jacket and draping it over the back of his chair. He sat down in the chair that was next to Morgan and started eating his own piece of cake. Morgan finished first out of the three of them and looked over to him, smiling sleepily. He let out a loud laugh when he saw the icing that was smeared all over her nose and she giggled a little at him. She started trying to crawl into his lap, so she could go back to sleep and he shook his head. He pushed her back into the chair and she stared at him, flashing him her big sad, brown eyes with her bottom lip poked out. He chuckled lightly and handed her a napkin; the young girl took it and started wiping it all over her face, in which she ended up making the issue worse. Penny reached over and dabbed a napkin in the edge of the eight year old's water and started wiping off the icing on the girl's nose and cheeks; once she finished, she set the napkin down. After Peter made sure that the younger girl was icing free, he picked her up and set her in his lap, continuing to take large bites of the ice cream that was left on his plate. Morgan turned around and put her legs on each side of his torso, letting them dangle over the sides of the chair before she nestled her face into the crook of his neck and hugged him; she was slightly clenching his shirt in her small fists. He sighed in content when he finished his food and leaned back in his chair, resting his cheek on the side of Morgan's head while he rubbed gently circles on her back.

"Party's almost over princess." he announced.

She nodded.

"Did you have fun?" he asked.

"I did...I haven't felt this..." she paused, looking like she was lost in thought.

"This what Bri?" he asked quietly.

She smiled slightly, "This happy...I haven't felt this happy and free ever...and I love it."

He smiled at her, "I'm glad to hear that princess. Are you ready for the after party....dad said that the pools are all ready to go."

She nodded, "One hundred percent. You?" she asked, tilting her head to the side.

He laughed, "Definitely, I'm totally ready to get out of this suit...pretty sure P has a swimsuit on under his suit."

She laughed again, she wouldn't be surprised if the older boy was already wearing his suit, "He does love to swim." she agreed.

He nodded, "He totally does. Why don't you come with me to put Morgie down before the party's over...pretty sure dad's asking his business partner's that he invited not to mention the adoption before he releases it to the press." he replied, motioning over to Tony who was talking with the men that had spoken to Peter earlier.

"They wouldn't do that right?" she asked, sounding slightly worried about the possibility.

He shook his head, "They respect mom and dad plus if they disagree, dad will sue them or threaten to sue them and no one can beat Tony Stark in a lawsuit."

She nodded, she assumed it was true, especially after the court case before the adoption, she remembered being terrified that the man would lose considering that the Davis's were her family and he wasn't, at least not at the moment, "Okay...let's get Morgan to bed." she announced.

The pair slipped out of the large open floor area of the living room on their parent's penthouse suit that was being used for the party and down the hall to Morgan's room. By the time they reached the eight year old's brightly colored room, she was starting to wake up again. Peter set her down on the bed and left the room so Penny could help the mostly asleep little girl change out of her dress and into her Spider-man pajamas. Penny opened the door, Morgan holding her hand and yawning before sleepily reaching out for Peter to pick her up again. Peter nodded his head in agreement and lifted the younger girl up; he carried her over to her bed and set her down in it, gently pulling up her blankets over her. It took all of ten minutes before the little girl fell asleep again; the pair each said their good nights to their baby sister and slipped out of the room, back to the party in order to say their goodbyes to the guests who were starting to trickle out of the suite and to the elevator.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

5.4K 314 17
𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐒 *SLOW UPDATES* ❝In which a little girl is cursed by the people she once trusted, and is forced to save the world. All...
3.5K 69 12
You're Tony Starks daughter that he didn't know about. You get into a fight and are sent to live with him, you know very little about him, and he kno...
62K 1.6K 40
Mistreated from a young age and sent away in her teens by her parents, she all but disappeared off the face of the Earth. Years of abuse from her new...
170K 3.9K 135
(Female reader x Wanda) Similar to Bucky you have a meatal arm, the brainwashing trauma etc. You are sent to kill the Avengers, you find out you have...