Chapter Twenty

Penny woke up a few hours later, she pushed herself up from the bed and noticed that she was no longer wearing the clothes that she'd been wearing earlier. Her eyes caught sight of the outfit draped over her vanity stool; she walked over to it and picked it up, along with the hanger that was set atop of her dresser. She placed the bodysuit and skirt neatly back onto the hanger and walked over to her closet, putting the dress in the very back of the closet. She walked over to her dresser, deciding on changing out of her slip and Peter's NASA t-shirt, since it was technically what she wore as her pajamas. She pulled the two items off over her head and walked over to her dresser, looking through the drawers to find something to wear. She pulled out a black and red romper and undid the zipper, pulling the article of clothing up over her hips. Penny walked over to the door of her room and slowly twisted the lock in her hand, she went downstairs and found Peter, Bucky, and Sam all sitting on the couch.

Peter was the first to notice her, "You sleep well princess?" he asked as she finished coming down the stairs.

She nodded her head a little, "Yeah...I did....did you get any sleep?" she asked.

"That's good, I got a couple hours. Come over here and sit down." he announced, patting on the couch next to him.

"Okay..."she replied as she walked over and sat down next to her brother. She noticed the lack of people in the room, "Where is everyone?"

"Oh..um Kate went with Clint and the rest of their family to get dinner and see a movie. Whenever they come into town, they spend a lot of time together because Kate's not home that much."

She nodded her head slightly, "Oh."

"Ummm Nat went to Russia for a mission," he paused thinking about where everyone else was.

"Is she um...is Miss Nat coming back?" she asked.

He nodded, "She always comes back, she mentioned bringing a surprise back with her."

Penny nodded a little.

"Mister Stark is in the lab, he's probably working on another suit. Pepper and Morgan are upstairs, Morgan's sleeping and Pep's either taking a nap with her or doing paperwork again....and...Wanda and Pietro are training downstairs."

"Okay..."

A small period of silence fell upon the group; Bucky was eying the two teenagers in front of him. Peter looked tired, there were slight dark rings around his eyes and the twinkle that was in them was unusually dim for the usually bubbly teenager. He was wearing a sweatsuit, something he didn't do often and his hair was messy. The younger, smaller teenager next to him was sitting with her legs crossed, her chin was resting on her knees that were pulled up against her chest, as she picked at her fingernails.

He cleared his throat, hating the silence that had taken over the room, "How are you kids doing?" he asked.

Penny pulled her gaze up to look at him, "Oh..." she started, but paused mid-sentence, like her response died in her throat.

Peter noticed the action and how quiet she was getting, "We are doing okay Mister Barnes." he replied, flashing the man a tired smile.

He nodded, "That's good webs." he replied, he turned his attention to Penny, "How are you doll?" he asked.

"Oh...um...I-I'm okay." she replied, giving him a small smile.

Bucky found the similarities in the teenager's appearances. They both had the same gummy smile, messy chestnut brown curls, and the same big, brown eyes. He found some of their mannerisms to be the same. The way they carried themselves, the small laughs that escaped them when they were excited about something, and several other little things. The pair of his siblings reminded him of his sisters, who had all looked similar and had the same mannerisms. Silence fell upon the group for a few more moments before Tony came up from the lab, he looked angry. Bucky noticed Penny look over at him, staring at him while he paced around in an upset manner. He nudged Sam a little when he saw the scared expression that was taking over her features. She grew tense and rigid as the minutes progressed; Peter seemed to notice the actions and looked over at her, he gently put his hands on her knee.