Chapter Fifty-Two

Peter walked out of the dressing room at the tailor's that he and the others had stopped at to pick up their suits. He adjusted the coat as he walked out, making sure the seam lay on his shoulders and not crooked like he always managed to have it.

"Up here, young man," the tailor announced, motioning for him to climb onto the small platform in front of a mirror.

"Yes sir, "he replied, stepping onto the platform.

The man reached up and pulled Peter's arms up into an outstretched position; the brunet continued to keep his arms in their position as the man inspected his suit. Tony gave a nod of approval and snapped a quick photo for Pepper before sitting down in a corner seat of the area they were seated in. Peter looked at himself in the mirror, his deep red and black suit fit him a lot better than it had a week ago when they'd taken his measurements. His usual problems with suits were that the legs were too long for him and the jacket, when it fit his arms, often hung loosely off of his frame due to his enhanced metabolism that kept him on the thin side. He found that side effect of his powers to be embarrassing, because no matter how much he ate or what he did, he stayed the same one hundred forty pounds he averaged at. Pietro leaned forward in his chair, his long legs crossed lazily in front of him; he grinned at Peter, whose longer sections of hair were pulled back in a little pony tail that stuck up on the top of his head. The younger teen's curls were now almost as long as Pietro's; he'd still yet to get a haircut because he kept forgetting to go to the appointments. Tony wasn't much better at remembering either, so Steve was taking the younger boy to his hair appointment after their suit fittings in order to get his messy brown curls cut off. Peter's expression showed that he was seemingly lost in thought about something, his brow was slightly furrowed and his bottom lip slightly protruding.

Pietro laughed, "What's on your mind little brother?" he asked.

Peter shrugged and the tailor cleared his throat disapprovingly, the teen's cheeks turned pink. "Sorry sir," he replied, he cleared his throat, "Nothing." he shot back quietly.

Pietro laughed again, "You're clearly thinking about something small fry, you got that look."

"Just thinking about stuff." he replied.

Pietro grinned, "You know you look kinda lovesick small fry." he announced, a mischievous winkle in his dark eyes.

Peter cut him a look.

The ash-blond's grin grew larger as he got a mischievous twinkle in his eye, "You thinking about MJ?" he asked.

"P!" Peter hissed, his eyes widening at the ash-blond.

Tony sat up, "Who's MJ underoos?" he asked.

He shook his head, the shorter pieces of his longer deep brown curls, slightly dancing against his forehead, "N-no one." he quickly replied, his ears reddening.

Tony grinned, "Is my kid in love?" he teased, he was seemingly amused by this fact.

Peter shook his head emphatically, "N-no!"

Pietro grinned, "As my pops would say he's twitterpated." he replied, giving Peter a teasing look. "MJ is Michelle from a few years ago...you know the girl with the crazy curly hair who calls him loser?" he asked.

Tony nodded, remembering that Peter had introduced a girl with a similar description; he mainly remembered how she'd interrogated him about his business and their practices of green energy, "So you found yourself a girl?" he asked.

Peter glared at Pietro in the mirror, "Please stop." he groaned.

Pietro laughed, "Never little brother, it's my job to embarrass you." he announced, sounding proud of himself.