Flesh and Bone

بواسطة FrozenFlamettfoi

"There is one rule all werewolves most follow. Human must never know about them." Victoria was only four yea... المزيد

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 5

407 11 0
بواسطة FrozenFlamettfoi

Standing in the dark bath I looked down at my naked body for a moment. Then I reached for the new dress and pulled the dress up my hips, I felt empty. Something at the bottom of my stomach seemed to flip around and I tried my damnedest to ignore the eire feelings that lingered in my chest. Taking in a deep breath I pushed my arms into the sleeves and pulled up the zipper until it rested on my lower back. Once the dress was snuggly on my body, I ran my hand down the silk material and picked up my clothes. But I didn't rush out of the bathroom at first, instead I closed my eyes and thought of what I was about to do.

What I would have to do tonight and keep my mouth shut and show that I am not a threat. This is no longer just about my life, it was about Sheila's as well. She had children, she had a mate. She had a life, and I had... I had nothing. Slowly I closed my eyes and let my shoulders relax as I walked out of the bathroom.

While I was gone, Sheila had gotten dressed. She had on a dark green dress that seemed to shine in the lights from the vanity. Her brown hair rested down her back, and she kept her face empty from any makeup. She didn't need it. Sheila was stunning, one of the most stunning women I've ever seen. She smiled widely as tears filled her eyes, "Did you look at yourself?" She asked. I shook my head.

She rushed to grab my hand and pulled me to the vanity to look at my appearance. Sheila smiled widely as she looked at the same reflection as I was. Only, she smiled with pride and I only stared. I tilted my head as I touched my beautiful crafted hair. The frizzy hair turned into thick braids that wrapped around my hair allowing the large curls to rest down my open back. The dark blue dress has pushed my breast up. Well the little bit of breast I had, a transparent fabric rested over my chest that turned into shimmering straps.

The dark blue fabric seemed to sparkle in the light with small little diamonds around the thin fabric that fell over the dark blue. In different angles it looked to be silver or green. It was as if the dress was colored to be nightfall. Long sleeves rested down my arms as my back cooled in the open air. The fabric wrapped around my waist and rested on my lower hips where the zipper was at.

The make up I had on shimmered in the vanity light as I stared at the un-amused look. Slowly I nodded at my appearance and turned away from the mirror, "Thank you Luna." I said and softly bowed my head. Sheila looked at me as if I was telling her I hated her. She was taken back as she opened her mouth, but I spoke quickly, "I really like the dress." I said. And started to put on the shoes she had gotten me.

"You look beautiful Victoria." She said and looked at me confused, "You should be happy." She said with wide eyes.

"I'm sorry." I said and looked down at my body.

I touched my pudgy sides as I nodded my head to everything she was saying. Sheila could sit in front of me and tell me that I was the most beautiful woman she had ever seen, and I still wouldn't believe her. Werewolves, they were beautiful. The females were outrageously gorgeous, so why did it matter what I looked like? I would never be able to compare to them. And, why would I? I'm a human, and most of the wolves in this pack disliked me anyways. Those who have met me, at least seemed to dislike me. Alpha Ralph doesn't seem to like me much, Sheila's children disliked me. Why should I be happy? Luna Sheila grabbed my hand as she pushed it to her chest, "Victoria, I promise-"

"You shouldn't promise anything." A voice said behind her.

Slowly I looked to see Alpha Ralph standing in the doorway. After a moment he walked towards Sheila and kissed her lips. His hair was now a dark gray, and his blue eyes only looked at her. He had a dark short beard, which must have been recently shaved. Ralph quickly rubbed his nose against his Luna's. His love and lust for her quickly filled the room, and I wanted nothing more than to get out. But, something seemed to make Sheila more upset. Tears filled her eyes as she shook her head, "Oh not yet Ralph." She said and wrapped her arm around his neck.

"I'm sorry my love." He said in a soft voice and then looked towards me, "He doesn't wait." He said and cleared his throat, "Victoria you must come with me." He said in a stern voice.

Slowly I grabbed hold of my dress and started to walk towards the door. They didn't have to tell me twice. Once I got into the hallway I looked back to Sheila who had a mixture of emotions displayed on her face. She moved past Ralph and stood beside me, "Come on Victoria." She said and grabbed my hand, "We must go see the Alpha King." She said and led me towards the door. Only then could I see two large men in black suits standing in the large room.

Taking in a deep breath I only nodded as I continued walking towards the door. One of the men opened the door for me, and quickly I walked out. Sheila was right behind me, and Ralph moved to walk in front of me. Sheila held my hand as we walked towards the large hall. And as we crossed the large lawn I noticed how the werewolves watched me with curiosity. Some had amused faces, while others held hatred. But, I didn't allow my emotions to show on my face. Truthfully I was afraid of what would be waiting for me inside the hall. But I wouldn't allow anyone to have the satisfaction of seeing a scared human.

Before we got any close to the hall I looked up to the dark sky, hoping to see a beautiful image to give me strength. But only dark clouds filled the sky, not a single light was there to give me courage. And slowly my head lowered as I looked towards the large hall in front of us.

Two large men were stationed at the door and as we approached they moved aside. The men looked at me with sympathetic and humorous eyes. As Sheila walked beside me, her hand in mine as we continued to walk through the crowd. She looked over to me and nodded only once and with that I looked at the people in front of me, the same way they have always looked at me. I mastered the most dangerous look I could think of as I watched wolves look at me with wide eyes as I matched Sheila's stride, my shoulder back and my hips softly swinging to the side with each step I took. It was something she was telling me to do while she did my make up.

The hall was brightly lit with multiple chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. Large tables filled with food and drinks were against the sides. In the middle was the man himself. We were still too far away for me to get a good look at his face, but all too quickly the room silenced into a low growl. Some gasped as they watched us move forward. Sheila released my hand and looked straight ahead as we walked up to the man in the chair. He didn't seem to notice us when we first walked in, but now he did.

His left ankle rested over his knee as he slouched in the large chair he was sitting on. His right hand rested against the arm of the chair, tapping at the wood with long nails. As his left hand held his face up. His black hair was slicked back, and his brown eyes were on mine in seconds. As we walked up he sat up straighter and leaned forward, studying me like I was an important paper. Unlike the other men, his face was freshly shaved with no hint of any facial hair. He had on a deep dark red dress coat that looked like it was about to break from his impressively large arms. His dress pants rested against his shiny black shoes, but it wasn't his appearance that stirred something inside of me.

It was the man himself. Something about him was so familiar that it was so difficult to deny whatever the unknowing fact was. Knowing my luck, it could have been the boy that injured me that one time. But, I didn't allow my head to wander anymore as I bowed my head when we stopped walking. Sheila and Ralph followed my action quickly.

"Luna Sheila, as beautiful as ever." The man said in a taunting tone as she moved to stand in front of me.

"Little brother." She said and bowed her head once more. I tried to hide my shock at that statement. Maybe that is why he looked so familiar, "It's a pleasure to see you, how-"

"Likewise sister." He said and held his hand, cutting her off quickly, "Introduce me to your plaything. And tell me what is her purpose in your pack?"

"Okay." Sheila said and turned towards me, "This is Victoria. I took her in when I found her alone in the forest." She said and smiled towards me. I ignored the lie as I took a step forward, "Victoria, this is my little brother, and the Alpha King, Amory."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Alpha King." I said and bowed once again.

"Victoria." He said and smiled, "Mother's name." He added and looked at Sheila, "Did you name her?"

"No, I didn't." She said and softly smiled, "But it made me wonder. Perhaps she was meant to-"

"But, you didn't have permission to bring this human in your home. You didn't have permission to tell her our secrets." He said flatly, his smile gone, "You know the punishment."

"Wolves killed her parents, she had told me. What was I supposed to do, kill a child?" She asked in a defensive tone.

"Yes." Amory said and turned to look at me, "Now you have raised a human child into a human adult. You have gotten attached to it I see. Is your pack attached to it as well?"

"No." Ralph said suddenly, "The human had limited interactions with the pack."

"Alpha Ralph, how could you allow this to happen?" King Amory asked.

"My mate agreed to accept the bond if I allowed it." Ralph held himself high, "It would be a pleasure to handle this business for you my King." Sheila's eyes widened as her body tensed. He had taken a step in front of her and kept her to his back, protecting and shielding her body.

"You could have handled this business multiple times before. You failed to alert your King about your mate's traitorous ways." He said in disgust and chuckled, "You might be a powerful Alpha, but you are a poor excuse as a leader. Letting a woman make the decisions in your pack." King Amory said, sucking in his teeth. He only shook his head.

"You are correct, My King." Ralph said and stepped back, his eyes staying to the ground.

"With your pack not attached to this weakling it's easier to pass the judgment. Sheila, if you agree to abandon this human I will allow you to walk away." King Amory leaned closer to Sheila, "I will forget about this, you are my sister. My blood, I don't want to see you hurt. Turn around and go with your mate out those doors, and I will forget about this. I would advise you to take this opportunity while you can."

Sheila stood still for a moment, looking at her younger brother. Taking in a deep breath I held my hands together. I could feel my hands slowly grow more and more clammy as Sheila looked over to Ralph and her children. Then slowly she looked back at me. Every move she made was hesitant and as she looked at me, I could see the uncertainty in her eyes. Looking over to Ralph, I simply agreed with these terms. And with a small smile I nodded my head towards Sheila letting her know to stay with her family. To stay with her mate, her children.

Sheila deserved a happy ending, she deserved her true children. Why would she help someone who never once appreciated her. But, as she looked at me something flashed in her eyes. She turned her body towards me and she walked past Ralph and stood beside me. Gold completely covered her eyes as her wolf took control of her. She held her face high as her body snaked around mine, "I will not abandon Victoria." She said in a strong voice, it almost sounded like a threat the way it growled out of her mouth.

Gasps echoed in the hall. Ralph's face was a mixture between heartbroken and furious. I looked at Sheila with wide shocked eyes. Her fingers intertwined with mine as she looked down at me. King Amory slowly turned red as he glared at his sister. She stood tall beside me as she opened her mouth but nothing came out. King Amory stood tall as he clenched his jaw, "So be it." He said in a venomous voice, "You both will be punished." He declared.

"Wait. Please." I said quietly. I took a deep breath as I looked at Sheila, "Choose your family." I said and looked at King Amory and then to Ralph, "Go Sheila, I will be fine." I said and turned to the King, "I beg of you, do not bring any harm to Luna Sheila. I will take both of our punishments." I said. King Amory looked at me confused and then laughed, all too quickly the hall filled with laughter.

"Little girl, you won't survive your own punishment." He said through his laughter. I released Sheila's hand and took a step closer to him. The hall went silent.

"If I do, promise me you won't harm her or anyone in her pack." I said. King Amory stopped his laughter as he looked at me. Disgust filled his face.

"Who are you to make such bets?" He asked. My lips parted as I raised an eyebrow.

"A human." I said and looked around the hall, "A weak human who is offering her own life to save her Luna." I said and raised my eyebrow. Sheila looked at me, but her expression read anger, "Will you at least let me try?" I asked him. Slowly the man nodded as a smile fell on his lips.

"Very well human. If you survive her punishment, I will not harm Luna Sheila or the Orian pack. You have my word." He said. Sheila looked at me with wide shocked eyes.

"Wait." Sheila said and looked at me, her brown eyes wide as she started to breathe loudly, "Victoria don't do this, you don't-" I turned away from King Amory and walked towards Sheila and grabbed her hands.

"Sheila." I whispered and looked back at Alpha Ralph, "Go to your mate."

"No." She said and looked at me, "I will not leave you."

"Go to your family." I said, her hands tightened around mine as she lowered her face to mine.

"I am with my family. You are my family Victoria." She whispered. I chuckled and shook my head.

"Sheila, go to your children-"

"You are my first child!" Sheila shouted loudly as tears filled her eyes and fell. Quickly she pulled me into her chest, "I can't let you do this!" She said, I was taken back as she pulled me into a hug. My eyes found Alpha Ralph as I gave him a soft nod.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

612K 25.9K 33
**Unedited** Rule number one: do not get attached. It was a simple rule, really, one Jada Warren had no doubt she could follow effortlessly. After a...
26K 731 42
Ember Raven escapes her captors after six years of living in a cell. She grew up thinking that she's a natural rogue, not kicked out of a pack, just...
10.4M 350K 32
"When will you accept me?'' Lucian murmured against my skin. The wonderful feeling only grew as he stepped closer, the thick muscles between our laye...
139K 4.9K 32
Analia has no idea why she was being kidnapped and targeted by a group of vicious people. What is so special about her that they want her? what are t...