The Ghost of You

By fh_criedthewolf

Samanun is a ghost trapped in her mansion from 20 years ago. Everything changed when she met the new owner of... More

Chapter 1 - The Mansion, The Owner And The Lost Love
Chapter 2 - I'll Die Once Again
Chapter 4 - The Book
Chapter 5 - The Line Between Life And Death
Chapter 6 - Time With You
Chapter 7 - Empty Space
Chapter 8 - First (Part 1)
Chapter 8 - First (Part 2) πŸ”ž
Chapter 9 - Photograph
Chapter 10 - Pillow Talk
Chapter 11 - What If? (Part 1)
Chapter 11 - What If? (Part 2) πŸ”ž
AUTHOR'S WORDS
Chapter 12 - Home
Chapter 13 - One Last Time πŸ”ž
Chapter 14 - P. S. I Love You
Chapter 15 - The Ghost Of You
Chapter 16 - Past, Present, Future (Epilogue)
Story Breakdown (BTS, Fun Facts Etc.)
ANNOUNCEMENT !
The Ghost Of You : Continuum
Chapter 1 - The Red String Of Fate
Chapter 2 - Quantum Entanglement
Chapter 3 - The Eyes Chico, They Never Lie
Chapter 4 - The Theory Of Colours
AUTHOR'S NOTE πŸ°πŸ§šπŸ»β€β™€οΈ
Chapter 5 - Enamored
Chapter 6 - Down The Memory Lane
Chapter 7 - Dear Diary
Chapter 8 - The Moon Is Beautiful Isn't It?
Chapter 9 - I Wanna Be Yours
Chapter 10 - I Wasn't Yours To Begin With
Chapter 11 - Apocalypse
Chapter 12 - Post Apocalyptic πŸ”ž
Chapter 13 - Between A Rock And A Hard Place
Chapter 14 - In Sickness And In Health
Chapter 15 - Make A Wish
Chapter 16 - Mistletoe (A Christmas Special)
Chapter 17 - Butterflies And Fireworks (A New Year Special)
Chapter 18 - A Little Piece Of Heaven πŸ”ž
AUTHOR'S NOTE πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‰
Chapter 19 - Heartbeats, Stars And... (A Valentine's Day Special 🌹🀍🏹)
Chapter 20 - Nightmares
Chapter 21 - Sweet Dreams πŸ”ž
Chapter 22 - Kiss Me, Heal Me
Chapter 23 - Blood, Sweat and Tears
Chapter 24 - Every Rose Has Its Thorn
Chapter 25 - Under The Rose
Chapter 26 - Not A Bed Of Roses
Chapter 27 - Kiss And Make Up
Chapter 28 - The Heart Wants What It Wants πŸ”ž
Chapter 29 - She Comes Undone πŸ”ž
AUTHOR'S HEARTFELT NOTE β€οΈβ€πŸ©ΉπŸ€πŸ“
Chapter 30 - Love Is In The Air
Chapter 31 - Ungodly Hour
Chapter 32 - Golden Hour

Chapter 3 - Life And Death

2K 152 30
By fh_criedthewolf

A few days passed. Khun Samanun is getting used to her new company. Getting used to the warmth of Kornkamon. Sometimes she's amused by the clumsiness of the petite woman.

"Careful, it's hot you'll burn your t-" Khun Samanun didn't finished her sentence.

"Ouch! Hsss.. Ah, my tongue.." Kornkamon hissed in pain as she sips the steaming hot tea.

"I told you.", Khun Samanun laughed to herself.

She loves talking to Kornkamon even though she knows she can't actually hear her. It made her feel less lonely. Her many days with Kornkamon continues with her trying to converse everyday.

"Wake up! You'll be late! This is the third time already.", Khun Samanun tries to wake the sleeping beauty up.

"Oh sh- I'm late again! Did I forgot to set my alarm?!", Kornkamon jumps out of her bed stumbling to the floor as she was in a rush to the bathroom.

Rushing downstairs and to the front doors, Kornkamon picks up her things.

"Laptop, check. Phone, check. Breakfast, well.. no time for that. Why do I feel like I forgot something?", Kornkamon says to herself.

"Your car keys.", said Khun Samanun who's relaxing on the couch turning the pages of her book while watching the woman move back and forth and eventually left the house.

The front doors opens again.

"Damn it! My car keys ughh..", Kornkamon once again rushed to get the keys.

______________________________________

Kornkamon has been working late these past few days. So she haven't been getting enough sleep to catch up with her new project that she's been been working on. She's a business woman herself. A young one.

She went to the kitchen to make some coffee so she boils some water on the stove. She continued working with her laptop at the kitchen island while sipping the aromatic, slightly bitter drink.

"This isn't working, I'm too tired my brain isn't functioning." she lets out a long yawn.

With that, she drift off to sleep shoving her laptop to the side, putting her head on her right arm.

Khun Samanun POV's

Khun Samanun spend the evening reading her favourite book in the garden. She lost counts how many times she finished the book. She probably remember most of the words in the book at this point. Putting a bookmark on her book, she decided to go back inside the mansion.

A few feet from the front doors, she heard something loud from the kitchen. Like something fell on the floor. Curious and a bit worried, she enter the mansion and went to the kitchen.

The smell of something pungent and unpleasant hugs her nose once she went in the mansion. It keeps getting stronger on her way to kitchen. Her stomach curls as she saw the cup of coffee is broken on the floor and next to it was Kornkamon lying lifeless.

At that time she realised it was a gas leak from the stove. She turns off the stove. Kornkamon must have forgotten to turn it all the way off. Adrenaline rushed through her cold body, she went and open the windows hoping for an entrance of fresh air.

"Khun Kornkamon! Please wake up!", running to the side of the pallid body that turns cold as her.

She tried to touch her but it's like there's a thin line of life and death preventing her from touching the mortal.

"No.. no! Please.. you can't die! Kornkamon wake up! Don't you dare die in front of me! Hold on.. Please.. You ca- you can't leave me again.. Please.. I can't do anything to help you.. You need to fight to stay alive, pl- please!", Khun Samanun sobbed.

"Help!! Anyone??!", she screams and screams hoping for a miracle.

"Please! Please God, please.. Let her live..", tears drenched her dress, loss for words, she lay still sobbing next to Kornkamon.

*knock knock knock*

Khun Samanun raised her head as she heard someone knocking on the door.

"Help!", she shouted. It's no use as nobody can hear her.

*knock knock knock *
*ding dong*

The person knocked again, and hit the doorbell.

With dried tears and swollen eyes, she stands up and find something to get the attention of the person behind the door. She smashed down a big vase from the living room to the floor with all the strength she have. It shattered into million pieces.

*SCRAAASHHH*

______________________________________

*knock knock knock*

There's no answer. The man called Kornkamon's phone but it went straight to voicemail.

*knock knock knock*
*ding dong*

He knocked again and still no answer so he hit the doorbell.

"Why didn't she answer? I'll come back again later." the man turning away from the door.

*SCRAAASHHH!!*

"Khun Kornkamon?? Are you alright?I'm coming in okay?", Kornkamon's PA is at the door trying to open it with his spare key.

They talked on the phone before and Kornkamon asked him to meet her at the mansion regarding the new project.

"Oh god, what happened..", he immediately called the ambulance.

Her PA pick her up from the floor and carried her out of the mansion. Once outside, he put her down slowly and started the CPR. He keeps pumping her chest until the ambulance arrived.

______________________________________

The red and blue lights and the sound of the siren fills the air. Khun Samanun waited outside witnessing the situation.

"Please save her! I tried to save her but I can't!", she tried to talk to the medic.

She didn't let Kornkamon out of her sight until they drove her out of the mansion to the hospital.

"Kornkamon.. Come home safely." Khun Samanun wiped her tears with a slight relief.

She waited days and days. Not knowing if the woman that she grew fond of will come home or not. Will she ever see her again?

She saw a car came in at front. Excitedly, she ran outside but disappointed when she saw it is not the person that she waited for.

"Oh.. it's just the gardeners and the maids." she expressed her disappointment.

Distracting herself from the thought, she spend some time in the backyard reading her book. Having lost in thoughts with the book, she snapped back to reality when...

"Uhm, hi. Are you with the maids and gardener? This is my first time meeting the person who takes care of this mansion.", Kornkamon asked but can't seem to get a reply from the person she talks to.

Khun Samanun's face is full of questions. Still holding her book in front of her face, she turns to see behind her, left and right. No one else is there.

"Err.. I'm talking to you." Kornkamon left a small laughed when she saw the woman baffled.

Kornkamon was captivated by Khun Samanun's beauty when she accidentally dropped her book she was reading on the table, revealing her full face.

Khun Samanun froze realising what is happening. She lost for words as her mouth is agape trying to talk, her eyes avoiding the person standing in front of her.

"Khun Kornkamon, who did you talk to?", Aunt Mhee, one of the maids asked while walking to her.

Kornkamon turns around to Aunt Mhee. "Oh, I'm just getting to kn-"

She turns around again to face the mysterious lady but she was nowhere in sight. What's left is just the opened book on the table.

"Aunt Mhee, did you know that woman? Is she one of your team?"

"Who?"

"That beautiful young woman just now. She was reading the book. I probably startled her."

"Khun Kornkamon, none of the maids and gardeners are young anymore. We used to be young and beautiful like you, we're still beautiful, but definitely not young.", Aunt Mhee laughed.

"B-but.."

"You should get some rest Khun Kornkamon, you just got out of the hospital." Aunt Mhee added.

"Okay khaa Aunt Mhee.. Thank you for taking care of my home."

"It's my job, and I didn't do it alone. Don't worry about it."

"How many of you are there?"

"There are two maids including me and three gardeners. So there's five of us."

"Are they all here today?"

"Yes, every week it's always five of us, there's no one else."

"Ahh.. I see. I'm going inside, to get some rest." Kornkamon then picked up the book and take it with her.

"Who is that? Maybe I really do need a rest.", She thought to herself.

______________________________________

Khun Samanun POV's

"My book..", Khun Samanun saw Kornkamon took her book and went inside.

She's hiding behind the nearest tree she can find. Still processing what she's gone through just now. Her hand shakes and trembles, she hold them close to her chest to help them calm down. She feels like she's the one who saw a ghost.

"Kornkamon.. You came home. But you can't be talking to me. You can't even see me. I'm so confused. It must be a mistake."

From waited for the mere mortal for days, to avoiding her. Still guarded by the incident, she went out of her hiding and went into the garden instead.  Afraid of stumbling into her,  the lost soul spends her night in the garden away from Kornkamon.

______________________________________

A/N: How is it so far? Did you like the story? Do you think they'll finally share conversation? Let me know what you think thankyouuu!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

450K 26.3K 138
A 20 years old girl meet a 33 old woman, who's also a widower and had a 3 years old son. What happened if their fate crossed and becoming one only to...
723K 30.8K 107
Becky and Saint were a couple deeply in love, until an arranged marriage forced them apart. Heartbroken, Becky refused to accept Saint's choice and h...
62.1K 1.7K 27
Two women who found love in each other, trying to navigate through the married life! Sam is the CEO of one of the most well known modeling company in...
156K 5.9K 50
A story of a lady Freen who goes far away from her family after getting betrayed from her old girlfriend and becomes an undercover agent. Freen's par...