A Vampire's Love (Completed)

By RadiantSparkle

Damien hopelessly falls in love with a human and has no power over it. He loses his mind when he's around her... More

Author's note
Blurb
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Read my A/N! :)
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue
Authors note

Chapter 8

7.5K 298 12
By RadiantSparkle

Please comment and vote, I'd really appreciate some feedback

.....................................................................................................

(Damien’s view)

As Damien walked down the street, all he could think about was Carmina. He was looking forward to spending more time with her in art.

This morning, he decided he’d ask her out for the party. Just as he about to turn onto another street, Carmina turned and walked towards him and stopped when she saw him.

“Damien? Isn’t school that way?” she asked, pointing to the street behind him.

He looked around and realised he was walking the opposite way. He was probably too lost in thoughts about Carmina to notice. Hell would freeze over before he told her that.

“Oh, yes. I decided I’d go for a short walk before going to school. It always refreshes my brain, he replied, feeling guilty about lying to her. But he’d be feeling worse if he told her he was thinking about her.

“Really? Maybe should try that sometime, she said, thoughtfully.

“Well, you know what they say, ‘your brain needs fresh air like you need it to breathe,” he told her, tapping her forehead.

“I’ve never heard of that phrase before,” she admitted. Now he felt really guilty.

“I was guessing you didn’t. It was a phrase my mum used to say to me like all the time,” he answered back.

 Even though he was making it all up as he went along, what he said about his mum was true.

Damien could remember the days when he’d stay at home on a sunny day and his mother would always repeat herself, with the same expression on her face, saying ‘you brain needs fresh air like you need food to stay alive’. He’d always go outside after she said that as he knew that he’d have to go ten minutes later so there was no point going through the ‘do you want to die’ lecture.

Right now, he would do anything to spend just a little more time with his mother even if it was just for a minute.

“Anyway, if we don’t set off now, we’ll be late to school and we’ve got double art,” Carmina said, peering at her watch.

“After you madam,” he replied charmingly.

Flattered, she giggled and walked past him.

“So did you check the other ideas for Anne’s party?” he asked her.

“I couldn’t cos’ I stayed over at Anne’s and she would have found out,” she explained.

“Oh, since Anne isn’t in our art, we can think of some more ideas. Where are you thinking of having the party?” Damien asked.

“Well, me and Margaret aren’t sure yet, but I’m thinking of Anne’s house,” she replied.

“Should we have it at my house? It’ll be too difficult to distract Anne and then decorate her house. My house is quite big, so…” he explained, not even knowing what he was saying until afterwards.

“I don’t know. I’ll ask Margaret, she’s good with these kind of stuff, but knowing her, it’s probably a yes yes yes from her! She answered back in Margaret’s voice. “You know it’s really sweet of you to help us, thanks.”

“My pleasure, anything for you,” he said, winking at her.

She gave a small laugh and they began thinking of ideas again. Five minutes later, they were at the school entrance walking inside.

“Oh no, they’re here, I’ve got to go. See you later,” she told him, looking at Margaret and Anne. For some reason, their hair looked wet and sticky. With his vampire senses, he could smell honey and from their direction.

‘What has Carmina done?’ he thought to himself.

She ran off towards the Maths area with her two honey-smelly friends running full on at her heels.

‘She must have done something really crazy,’ he thought.

He looked around at the place he saw Zack yesterday morning. He looked at Damien and waved him over.

“Dude, is it just me or did Anne’s and Margaret’s hair look different?” Zack asked.

“Oh, so it’s not just me thinking that,” he replied, pretending to look relieved. Hopefully, they haven’t killed Carmina.

“We’ve got two minutes left till art and you assured Miss Quell that you’ll never be late again,” Zack said to him in the voice he said to Miss Quell.

“I love you’re sense of humour Zack,” he replied with sarcasm in his voice.

“Oooh, burn!” Zack shouted out loud.

Ten seconds later, they were running to the art class as they knew not to get on Miss Quell’s bad side. Once they arrived, they stopped outside the door trying to catch their breath (Damien pretending to) and walked in as if Damien hadn’t ripped Zack’s top off.

“Hope you don’t catch a cold,” he said sarcastically and laughed when he saw the glare on Zack’s face.

“Oh don’t worry. I won’t when you lend me your top,” he sneered.

Damien ran into the classroom towards Miss Quell before Zack could do anything and started talking to her. He turned around and watched Zack standing there being laughed at and Zack being himself, didn’t care and showed his built body at the girls. Unfortunately to the girls, he still had a vest on which had ‘bad boy’ written all over it.

“Seriously, what do you boxers say? Too cool for you?” Damien asked, laughing.

Zack stuck his tongue out and walked to his seat whilst Damien went to his. Carmina was already there and like Margaret, she was looking at me as if I was a freak.

“Two questions. What happened to Zack’s top and did you just run to Miss Quell for protection?” Carmina asked, confused.

“He got on my bad side,” Damien said in a deathly voice. “And no!”

She burst out laughing while he sat down sulking like he was two years old.

“Oh… come …on Damien… grow …up,” she told him, between all the laughter.

As loudly as he could, he said, “Carmina, quiet down, I’m hear to learn.”

“You sound like a teachers pet,” she whispered, so Miss Quell couldn’t hear.

Damien turned to Miss Quell and asked as politely as he could, “May we carry on with our project?”

That made Carmina set off again… with Zack’s and Margaret’s laugh trailing after.

“So immature, it’s unbelievable. Don’t you think?” he asked Miss Quell.

“I know, right,” she replied, shaking her head. “Ok, carry on with your project everyone.”

“Go on then, carry on with your project,” he said to Carmina, imitating the teacher.

“Seriously… please… stop,” Carmina answered back, trying to catch her breath. She rubbed her tummy and got up to get the project.

Damien got up from his seat and went to get all the stuff they would need for the project.

Margaret who was behind him shook her head and said, “And you call me immature. Tut, tut.”

He poked her cheek and went back to his seat, where Carmina was waiting for him.

“Margaret smells funny. Why does her hair look so sticky?” he asked her.

“I don’t know, don’t look at me. I didn’t do anything,” she said, a little too fast which showed that she did do something.

 “Ok, spill it out. Now,” he said to her. He sat down and waited for her to start speaking.

Apparently, Margaret and Carmina stayed over at Anne’s house and her mean friends and Jordan, Anne’s brother played a cruel prank on her so she decided to get back at them by dumping honey on them.

By the time she had finished explain, everyone was staring at Damien who now looked like crazy madman of the year.

“Stop it, everyone’s watching you,” Carmina whispered, embarrassed to know him.

“There’s no one else to blame but you. Honey, really? Couldn’t you find the Margarine?” he asked her.

“Seriously, shut up. We’ve got to finish the project off,” she said, annoyed at his childiness.

“Fine, mum,” he muttered quietly. “So, what’s Annes’ favourite colour?”

“Baby blue,” she replied.

“Well, at least it’s not purple or pink. My house will look fine then,” he said to her. “Speaking of the party…”

She raised her eyebrows. “Keep going.”

He knew that was the perfect time to ask her but he couldn’t bring himself to do it. Yes, he was a vampire and he’s been through like thousands of times but this time she was different, like really different.

Damien took a deep breath and started, “Since we have to have a date to the party, would you like to go with me?”

He could see shock on her face and for a second, he thought she’d say no. Just as she was about to reply, Margaret came.

‘Way to ruin the moment,’ he thought.

“Hey, guys. Your project is awesome,” she grinned.

“Thanks,” they muttered in unison, with a hint a disappointment in their voice.

“Look at ours,” she insisted, pointing at what looked like Obama. Luke was adding some paper tissues to it.

“Great, why don’t you help Luke with it? It’s your project too you know,” Carmina replied back, shaking her head to approve the disappointment in her voice.  

“You sound exactly like my mum,” Margaret complained. “But I guess you’re right. See you later guys.”

She turned around and walked back to Luke, whose hands were covered with sticky stuff, most likely to be glue.

Carmina looked at me and was about to say something when Miss Quell told everyone to sit down. He looked at the clock and it was end of lesson. He groaned as she explained on what to do.

‘Yes, I get it, carry on next lesson. Whatever,’ he thought rolling his eyes.

‘Leave everything, you’ve got art next. There’s half an hour break,” Miss Quell added.

Everyone got up to leave whilst Carmina and Damien were still sitting down.

“Carmina, what are you waiting for? Let’s go,” she said, pointing to the door.

“Oh yeah, let’s go” she replied.

She got up and followed Margaret out the door. Just as she was about to close it, she mouthed to him ‘later’.

All he could do now was wait and wait through those painful minutes until he could see her again.    

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190 19 8
Damian has had enough with his homophobic mafia step-dad and the jackpot has finally landed in his hands, so have other people's helpless hearts. Wil...
89.7K 697 6
So forbidden it's borderline illegal. It feels illegal in a town like this. It was just sex. Ridiculous, I hate you sex with the one guy in school I...
19.8K 661 19
L O V E. That four letter word gets us in trouble in many cases. As for me, it caused a broken-heart. My ex-boyfriend Damien of five years cheated wi...
1.4K 158 29
• 𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐘 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐄 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒 • "What's your name?" I asked. "Damien," he said with his deep voice. I did not expect his voice to be...