Chapter 1

Hi, This is my first ever chapter of my first ever book that I am uploading, I hope you all show your support and comment, vote and share it would mean a lot. Thanks!!

It would mean a lot if you didn't copy any of my work because it is all my own work and I hope you respect that

This first chapter is dedicated to xCrystal_tearsx because I wouldn’t have written this without her help. Thanks! :)

***

Chapter 1

The sunlight at dawn, seen by a vampire, is supposed to be painful. The pain before death,’ thought Damien.

He whistled and watched cautiously as he walked on the paths that led him towards the wood. A creature from the world of darkness, once again used his powers. This ghastly act is known as murder in the human world. In his world, its part of an everyday routine.

His last victim was a white rabbit. He could still taste the blood on the tip of his tongue.

‘Food always tastes great when you are starving,’ Damien remembered his mother saying. He licked his lower lip to preserve the luscious taste of heaven for just a second, but would last a lifetime.

With the dead rabbit in his hands, he lifted it up into the air and threw it across the lake which was deep in the depths of the wood. Almost at once, he heard a huge crow flying towards his dead victim. He thought of pouncing at the crow or shooing it away, but who was he stop the crow from feeding his hunger?

He turned around and whispered to himself, “Time for school. I don’t want to be late on the first day of senior.”

He was nervous about his first day even though he had looks that would instantly get all the girls attention.

Slowly, he began to walk back to his house which was just behind the fields - the fields that lie between the woods and his house.

In less than a split second, he was outside the door to his house. With his special powers, he can run ten times as fast as a human being. Damien unlocked the door and stepped inside. He walked across the room, reached for his backpack, which was beside the sofa.

He had only moved in the house last weekend and everything that’s needed to make a house a home-sweet-home was there. He had been saving money up for years, he couldn’t keep count and so he came prepared. He always liked to be prepared.

Damien checked the windows and doors to see if they were secured. Seeing that everything was okay, he set out on to the front porch. Even though he was a vampire, his little actions like locking the house door blinded the outside world, making them think he was the same thing as him, a human.

It was quite a sunny morning and the weather was great. So Damien made a decision that he would walk to school. All the bad feelings rushed into him. The feeling of fear and uncertainty.  The same feeling he had when he thought someone found out his deadly secret.

Damien turned onto Sesame Street where he saw an old oak tree covered in crows that were all different sizes. He felt his heart thudding across his ribs. He got that feeling, the same one that he always felt just before he attacks his weak victims. The air was stifling.

Before he realised it, he held a stone in his hands and his backpack was lying on the floor, beside his feet. He tossed the rock high up at the tree viscously, anger welling up inside him for no reason. Reminding himself of being a vampire just made his blood boil.