Chapter 16

Hey guys! I’ve decided to update earlier than usual since I won’t have anytime later on.

I hope you like this chapter!

Please give me feedback – negative or positive. Either way, I’d really appreciate. I really want to know any mistakes I’m making so negative feedback is really important.

Please comment and vote as well. Thanks!

…………………………………………………………………………………………….

(Carmina’s View)

“I can’t believe Damien let you borrow his car,” Margaret told Zack for the hundredth time, with a shocked look on her face. She felt sorry for Damien; his car would be in pieces by school tomorrow.

“It’s like he wants to just throw it away in the junk yard,” she went on.

“Don’t you have faith in me, babe?” Zack asked, fake hurt. Even he knew that he wasn’t good at taking care of anything so right now, according to all of them, including him, thought Damien was a right fool.

“Dear, it’s not that. Remember what happened to your car?” she asked rhetorically.

Carmina and Margaret didn’t bother to warn Damien about Zack’s carelessness since they were way too tired to talk but now that Zack was speed driving, they regretted not having a word with him.

“I sent you some pictures of decorations for the birthday cake. Did you get them Carmina?” Margaret asked, looking back at her.

“To be honest, I have no idea. My phone has been switched off for most of the day. Let me check,” Carmina answered back, ruffling through her bag, looking for her phone.

By the time she had thrown everything out, she remembered that she had left it on the counter in Damien’s kitchen. She had put it down when she had to help him untangle some decorations out.

‘Margaret’s gonna kill me,’ she thought to herself.

“Erm, guys… I’ve left my phone at Damien’s house, Carmina told them, waiting for Margaret’s reaction.

Margaret just groaned whereas Zack grinned, looking like a goofball.

‘Wow, he really does love to drive,’ she thought to herself. ‘That’s it? You’re just gonna groan and nothing else? I am having the best day ever here!’

“Really, Carmina? And I thought Zack was careless,” Margaret muttered.

‘I thought to soon,’ Carmina thought.

“Wow, she said you’re worse than me. I don’t think she means it as a compliment,” Zack told her.