Chapter 28

Hey guys! Sorry for updating late. I've got a French speaking and listening assessment on Thursday. So stressed!

Wish me luck! I need it!

Anyway, here's chapter 28 for you. Hope you don't find it boring!

xxx

......................................................................................

Damien woke up to the day he was dreading; it was Carmina’s family’s funeral today. He knew that Carmina would be in a lot of pain today, not physical but emotional and he wouldn’t be able to lessen it. No could lessen grief but he would do his best to make sure she knew that she’s not alone.

He tightened his grip on her a little but made sure not to hurt her before he kissed her forehead. 

Hearing a knock, he looked to the door where he saw Cameron mouthing ‘it’s time’ to him. He nodded, feeling the worry build up inside him. He had to wake Carmina up and he didn’t want to see the look on her face when she would realise it was time to bid farewell to her family.

He waited for the bedroom to door to shut before he looked back at Carmina. She looked like an innocent four year old when she asleep. He smiled to himself, knowing that she was all his.

“You know, staring at someone when they’re asleep is very creepy,” she told him with her lazy morning voice.

“Pfft, I wasn’t staring at you, I was just thought I saw a white hair of yours and I did,” he replied back.

She sprang out of bed to the mirror, checking her hair frantically for a white hair.

“Where did you see it?” she asked, worry laced in her voice. “I thought vampires were meant to be perfect and young forever.”

“I said it to get you out of bed,” he answered back.

She looked at him with pure anger in her eyes. “One reason why my friends never do anything like that to me is because I rock revenge. You’d better apologise otherwise I will skin you alive.”