Beautiful Infatuation

By PurnimaNegi

The worst mistake that Sneha could do was to save a girl from getting assaulted. That is because the girl who... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79

Chapter 76

53K 2K 796
By PurnimaNegi

HEY EVERYONE!

I am back..finally!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU so much for waiting so patiently!

I know you won't read this now, but please do read the footnote at the end.

.

.

.

December 5:

"So, what lie did you tell your family today?" Viraj asked as he drove towards the beach where he had set up today's date.

Sneha sighed.

"I didn't need to lie today. They all have gone to bua's house. They asked me too but I denied it." She replied.

"Why? You should have gone with them." He said sarcastically and Sneha was no fool to not understand the reason behind his irritation.

"Viraj! Don't be like this, now. I tried telling papa about us but I don't know why but every time that I try, I get scared and then..."

"I am tired of meeting like this, Sneha! It is as if we are committing some crime! Even though you are my wife, I can't even pick you up from your father's house. In fact, I have to pick you up from your locality's park just so your father won't see us. Does that even make any sense? I feel like you are ashamed of me and that is why you aren't telling him or anyone about us." He said in frustration.

"Viraj, don't say that!" She pleaded while looking at him with scrunched brows.

"Why not? It's almost two weeks now. And every time we meet, you postpone telling your father about us. You won't even let me talk to him. What am I supposed to do? Moreover, it's almost the end of the year now. I was hoping to be together in the next year! But, it seems impossible now, seeing your efforts to be with me."

Sneha sighed.

"Alright, I'll tell him everything on my birthday."

"Oh wow! Jan 10 is so very near, right!" He said sarcastically again.

"At least listen to me! On our birthdays, Priya and I ask for something from our parents and they have never failed to give us whatever we have asked for. So, this birthday,  I'll ask him to accept our relationship."

Viraj sighed and ran his fingers through his hair while keeping his eyes on the road.

"Fine! I am trusting you, again. Although I know you're gonna fool me again."

"Viraj!" She whined and held his arm gently to assert that his words hurt her.

"You know I don't like you angry." She added when he remained firm-faced.

He gave her a side look and then tried to relax.

"I am not angry. I...just... Alright, let's change the topic." He murmured.

Sneha quickly tried to divert his mind from the sore topic.

"So, where are we going today?"

"To play golf."

It piqued her interest instantly.

"Golf? But, I don't know how to play golf!"

"There is always a first time, Sneha."

"Well, okay." She smiled.

"It's actually kind of a get-together."

"Your father won't be there, right?"

Viraj chuckled amused.

"No. It is our friend's circle...close friends."

"Oh! I am sorry...but, you know I am scared of your father."

He only nodded. No matter how many times he had tried, he just couldn't get her to overcome the old fear.

"So...How are your friends?"

"They are good." He chuckled again at her strange question.

"No, I mean...How are they as a person? Are they friendly? Or?"

"Why don't you see them and find out?"

She nodded.

.

.

.

Viraj's friends turned out to be nothing that Sneha had expected. Where her friend circle was always laughing and sarcastic, his friends were more sophisticated and competitive. Every few minutes, she would hear them comparing their assets or discussing business. She couldn't believe Viraj called them his friends! But, who was she to judge? Perhaps, this was the definition of friendship in his sphere.

"What are we waiting for?" She whispered near his near as all the eleven people sat under a tent-like structure at the corner of the golf course. Gaurav and Natasha were not there as she had expected them to be, since these were all Viraj's university mates. Four of his friends had brought their girlfriends while one had come alone.

"There is one more coming."

"Who?"

"Susanne. Our only female friend. This gathering is more like a farewell to her. She is getting married to a French businessman and thus, she is going to settle down there."

"Wow! Is she French too?"

"No. She is Indian. But, she had been in France since fifth grade. It was at the university when we met. She came here last month and as far as I know, she will be leaving next week."

"Oh."

"Hmm. Today was the only day that we all could come together with no hectic schedule hanging on our heads. And, then I thought, it would be a good opportunity to make you acquainted with my friends as well."

Sneha nodded and grabbed a breadstick from the table.

Soon Viraj engaged in another conversation with his friend while Sneha started talking to the girl next to her.

Their wait was finally over when Susanne exited her Audi and walked towards them. Sneha immediately recognized her.

"Isn't she?" She murmured gaining Viraj's attention.

"Have you met her?" He asked.

"She was the one who hugged you in front of the hospital, right?" She asked.

"You saw us?" He asked in surprise.

"Yes." She clearly remembered.

At that moment, Sneha kept quiet as Susanne entered the hearing range. She hugged everyone in the group just like she had hugged Viraj that day. With a short hug, she also planted a small kiss on her friends' cheeks in endearment.

Sneha watched awkwardly as she hugged Viraj and kissed his cheek. She decided to enquire about it to him later. How can he let his friend kiss him? She wondered furiously.

"Hi! Isn't she Sneha?" Susanne asked Viraj and he introduced his wife to her.

"It is so nice to meet you, Sneha. It is a huge surprise to all of us that Viraj could fall in love! But, I guess, he is also a human being." She joked and Sneha smiled awkwardly.

She instantly disliked Susanne.

After meeting everyone, the group stood up and proceeded to play the sport leisurely. Viraj explained the basics of the game to Sneha and helped her with the initial tries after which she played on her own.

Unintentionally, her eyes and attention would go to Susanne and carefully observe her behaviour. She was a perfect mix of class and fun. She knew what to talk about and how to engage someone in meaningful conversation. Not even once did she find her talk about a third person. Her attention would be on understanding the life of the person she was talking to.

And, unknowingly, Sneha came to like her, especially, when Susanne and she partnered to play against another set of girls.

"So, what are your future plans?" Susanne asked her as she positioned herself to hit the ball.

Sneha observed her stance and answered.

"I have applied for the Ph.D. program."

"Wow! Is Mr. Arrogant fine with it?" She asked with a chuckle and hit the ball with all her might.

Sneha chuckled at her choice of words. Thankfully the men were now playing amongst themselves leaving the girls to play in their own group.

"I haven't told him yet. I'll tell him when the application will be accepted. Otherwise, it is of no use." She answered and they watched the member of the opposing team play.

"True. By the way, I must appreciate your choice of men. You chose the right man for yourself."

"Didn't you just call him arrogant?" Sneha chuckled.

"Yes, I did. But, that is his exterior. We all know how soft Viraj is from the inside. Why do you think I befriended him if he wasn't such a sweetheart."

"He told me that you are getting married to a French guy?"

"Oh, Yes. Antonio finally said yes to my proposal. Only the man took two years to accept it. The wedding is next week. You should come with Viraj. See, I am inviting you."

Sneha smiled and nodded.

"I'd love to come. By the way, did you really propose to him? Wasn't it a little..." She asked since for her, it was a huge thing. She could never think of proposing to a man, ever! 

Susanne gave a knowing smile to her.

"Yes. When you find a good man, you should not let him go at any cost. Also, men too like the attention of the opposite gender sometimes, you know. They too like us approaching them and trying to woo them. I think we tend to forget that they are also human beings. And, just like us, they also have that inner desire to be loved by others."

Sneha nodded in understanding. She had never really thought of Viraj in this light. She had always received from him...and never really bothered to give him anything materialistic to make him feel wanted and desired.

And, then, she recalled giving a handmade bracelet to Shashank, whom she had said yes to marriage many months ago. She still remembered the huge smile he had on his face on seeing the little thing.

Would Viraj be happy if I'd give him something? She wondered.

The visual of his collection of the flowers that she had given him flashed through her eyes.

She was about to answer her own question when Susanne suddenly bend to her level and almost whispered.

"Should I tell you a secret about men?"

Sneha's brows rose in curiosity.

"Men would never accept it but they too love some pampering...be it their ego or... their body. You are grown up enough to understand what I mean, right?" Susanne winked at the end.

It took Sneha a moment to fully understand her.

Did she just refer to it? Sneha became cherry red with the mere thought.

.

.

.

"So?" Viraj asked as they started driving back to her house.

"So?" She asked while texting her sister to ask about when they'd reach home.

"How did you find my friends?" He asked.

Sneha looked ahead and gave it a thought.

"Uhh...They were good. Too formal, but good."

"Formal?"

"Hmm. My friends aren't like yours. My friends are...crazy when we get together. You and your friends looked very disciplined and...yeah, formal."

"Is that so?"

"I guess. I mean, if they were my friends, they would have literally roasted me in front of you, seeing that you are my husband. I was expecting them to crack jokes about you to sort of insult you in a friendly way."

"Is that what friends do?"

"I don't know about others, but my friends are...especially the school friends. We make fun of each other so much."

"Doesn't that bother you? I mean...insulting? Seriously?"

"In a friendly manner, Viraj. It's just for fun...nothing too degrading. We know the limits."

It took a lot for him to digest it.

There was a momentary silence between them before she broke it.

"By the way, I really liked Susanne."

The mere mention of the name brought a small smile on his face and it didn't go unnoticed by her.

"She is a sweetheart."

"Ohhhh! Sweetheart?" Sneha almost sang the word in partial sarcasm and partial jealousy.

Viraj chuckled.

"Not in that sense. She is a very good friend. And, more than that, she is a very good human being. We have known her for so many years, so we know."

"I agree. Just in one meeting, I could connect with her so easily."

The smile on his lips sustained.

"By the way, if she is such a good person, then why is she just your friend?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean...Didn't you ever ask her out? She is beautiful, you are handsome and you both come from a well-to-do family. Moreover, you both are highly successful in your respective businesses. You both would have made a good couple." She casually proposed the idea.

Viraj heartily laughed.

"I never even thought of it!"

"Why not?"

"Why? Because she is not my type! She is just a good friend."

"So, what is your type?"

Viraj gave her a glance and winked.

"You."

Sneha sarcastically laughed.

"I always wonder why you find me attractive. I mean and I really mean it, Viraj."

"A diamond surely doesn't know its worth."

"Oh, please! Stop exaggerating."

"I don't lie."

"I think, you have a very bad taste in women. Or maybe, you just can't see it properly."

"Sneha..."

"No, Viraj. I mean, look at it my way. You won't believe it but men would literally kill to have women like Nupur, Natasha, or Susanne in their lives!"

Viraj snickered.

"What is so special about them?"

"What is so special about them? Are you serious? Have you seen how beautiful they are? I had a huge crush on Nupur when I first saw her. And, Natasha...She is such a strong and ambitious girl! I could easily consider her as my role model! Same for Susanne...She is so emotionally mature and daring. These are the types of girls you should have considered as your wife."

Viraj just shook his head on hearing her babble.

"You are what I want."

"But why?"

"You are a strange woman! Your husband loves you and you want him to see someone else!"

"No, don't even think about it. Your chance is over. You can't love or even look at anyone else now. All I want to know is why..."

"I have told you earlier too...I love you because you are soft at heart."

And, he said that again. Something that has always confused her.

Thankfully, he explained before she could ask further.

"Right from the beginning, you have been nothing but a soft-hearted person. You endangered your life and honor to protect a random girl whom you didn't even know personally. When I had a cold, you actually dared to ask me to take a rest and not come with you and Ananya to purchase those things for the project. You were so empathetic that you bought that silly thing that the boy sold at the auction since you knew that no one was bidding on it and you didn't want him to feel bad. You even wrote all the good things in that restaurant's feedback form just to make that waitress happy. You bought the best birthday gift for the person whom you knew very well had a great attachment to her mother; despite knowing how rude Ananya had been to the collegemates. And, how can I forget my birthday when you went against your father's orders and came to meet me just because my mother requested."

"How do you know it?" She asked, surprised.

"My mother told me. The very first thing she said when I came back home after so long was 'I can't believe Sneha actually came to you.' Even though we both had parted ways, you just couldn't ignore a mother's wish. Trust me when I say, had it been Nupur, Natasha, or Susanne...or even my own sister for that sake, they would have just gone their ways, without thinking about others." 

"I can't believe you remember all this!"

"I notice everything, Sneha. I just don't say anything."

"That is what concerns me sometimes."

"What?"

"You don't talk to me about what goes in your mind or even what you have been through."

"It's not like I don't want to. But, things that are intimate are something that we don't discuss just like that. And, the fact that you are not telling your father about us is not encouraging me as well."

"And, I thought you won't bring up this topic again. You know why I am not telling my father about us, now."

Viraj only shrugged.

Sneha read her sister's text message. Priya informed her that they will be back by 11 pm. Sneha sighed in relief.

Reaching the park where he drops her every time, both of them came out of the car.

Coming to her side, Viraj grabbed her hands in his. Sneha looked at him with a small smile.

"I wanted to tell you something. I have to go abroad for a business meeting. And, I'll be away for almost a week."

Sneha's smile dropped instantly.

"When?" She asked.

"Tomorrow."

"Why didn't you tell me this earlier?"

"I didn't want to ruin the moment."

Sneha nodded but then forced a smile back. She didn't want him to feel bad by knowing that she was not okay with him leaving her for so many days!

"Well, I hope your meetings turn out the way you want them to be."

"You aren't upset?" He asked as he grazed her cheeks.

"Why would I be upset? It's not like you are cheating on me or lying to me. It's work and work is worship, right."

Viraj pulled her into a hug.

"I'll miss you." He whispered but she heard him, owing to the stunned silent road.

Sneha smiled. She knew he would. What surprised her was the realization that she'd miss him as well!

"My family will be back by 11." She murmured against his chest.

"Okay?"

"So, no one's at my place."

Viraj slowly stood straight and looked at her with a frown.

"What are you suggesting, Sneha?" He asked as he misinterpreted her words.

She too realized what he understood.

"I mean..." She became red with the thought. "I mean, we can spend some more time together here before I go back home."

Viraj nodded, a little disappointed. He actually became happy that she was suggesting a steamy session. It would be the best thing before he'd leave for the business trip.

"That's a good idea. Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

"Priya just texted me. I thought of going home and doing some cleaning before they come. But, now that you will be gone for so many days, I want to see you for some more time."

"I am not dying, Sneha!" Viraj laughed.

Sneha's face automatically became grim.

"Don't say that, Viraj!"

He sensed the change in her mood.

"Don't be sad, my wife. I've told you earlier too. I'll come back for you...always."

Sneha didn't want to challenge the authority of the universe...But the way he promised that she couldn't help but feel special.

"You better do." She smiled.

"Come, let's sit in the car." He started pulling her.

"Let's sit in the park, no."

"Someone might see us and then your father will get angry." He said in concern.

"Oh, so you are scared of my father just as much as I am!"

Viraj snorted.

"I am not scared of anyone. I am concerned for you. He will unnecessarily scold you and then you'll cry."

"Don't worry, Viraj. No one would see us because no one visit this park or any park at this time. It's 9 pm for heaven's sake." She chuckled.

"Fine! Let me get my phone." He said and grabbed the phone and car keys.

Walking hand in hand inside the barely lit park, with just four pole lights brightening up the park, Sneha chose the seat in the darkest area.

"This is the perfect spot." She mumbled and directed him towards it.

As they sat, they realized that the seat was just in front of a huge rose bush. The fragrance was evident even in the night! Sneha turned around to scan the flowers and she praised their colour and volume.

"These flowers are so big, Viraj. See!" She nudged his arm.

He looked behind him and touched one flower that was nearest to them, almost touching them.

"No, don't touch them."

"Why?" He asked.

"Plants sleep at night."

"What nonsense!"

"It's true. We shouldn't disturb them at night."

No matter how stupid it sounded to him, he listened to her and withdrew his hands.

"Fine!" He said and then looked at her face carefully.

"What?" She asked as she looked back.

He was about to say something cheesy when he noticed something. He frowned.

"Did you do something to your face?" He asked.

"So finally you noticed!"

"What did you do?"

"You tell me."

Viraj looked at her bit more but couldn't pin-point

"I don't know. But there is something different."

Sneha gave him a hint by wiggling her brows.

"Oh, yes! There's something wrong with your brows. It looks sharper than it naturally is." He said and his frown deepened.

Sneha frowned in return.

"There's nothing wrong with my brows, Viraj. Priya is learning how to give shape to the eyebrows. So, yesterday night, she tried it on me. And, I think, she did amazing work, seeing that it was her first attempt."

He didn't agree though.

"I don't like it."

Even though she felt sad to hear that, she managed to chuckle.

"Okay. But, I like it. It gives my face a more sharp look. See..." She said and touched her brows to make it look prominent.

"No. Don't do that again. Don't change anything about yourself " He clearly ordered.

She didn't like it.

"Viraj...I like it."

"Sneha..."

"I never say anything when you change things about yourself."

"I don't shape my brows."

"Well, you do clean shave your face."

"So? That's what a man is supposed to do. It's discipline!"

"In the same way, a woman can make eyebrows to look the way she wants herself to look. It's...preference."

"I don't care what other women do. I don't want you to change your features. You are beautiful the way you are."

"If that's the case, then you should not clean shave your face as well. I like you in light stubble."

Viraj was about to argue again when he processed her words.

"You what?"

"What?"

"You like me in light stubble?"

Sneha only shrugged.

"Why didn't you ever tell me?"

"Because that is your choice! Why should I dictate how you should live your life?"

"Our lives are connected, now, Sneha. We both must honour each other's likes and preferences. Had I known that you like me in stubble, I would have maintained it! I always thought I looked better in a clean shaved face."

Sneha went dumb on it. She thought he would not agree with her. Now that he did, she had nothing to say.

"In that way, you wouldn't want me to do any sort of make-up as well?"

"That's a different thing. That is not permanent and I understand that girls like to try to highlight their features to look beautiful. But, this making eyebrows and all...That's a permanent change."

"But that highlights my features as well! See?" She touched her brows again.

Viraj sighed! He just didn't know how to win an argument with his wife. She always had something to say!

"Fine! Do whatever you want." He sighed and looked ahead.

She could see that he was frustrated. It was the one thing she disliked in him. He would get angry quickly, especially when something didn't go his way.

"Now, why are you angry, Viraj?"

"What am I supposed to do, then? You never listen to me...or try to understand me."

"I know...I get adamant sometimes...okay, most of the time. But, I am brought up like this, Viraj. My father is a very liberal man. He gave both of us sisters immense freedom to do whatever we wanted and choose what is right for us. So, I get very protective when someone tries to curb my freedom...especially, my freedom to choose."

"And, I am brought up in an environment where all I have ever seen women doing is to take care of the household. They do everything in their power to make their men happy. They do what their husband what them to do."

"I know, and that is what scares me the most...even now when I have decided to accept you. I fear that you'd control my decisions as well." She said honestly.

Viraj took her hand again.

"To be honest, I know I might do it...out of habit and my inbuilt nature. But, I love you, Sneha. And, one thing that I absolutely hate is your sadness. So, I can always, without any doubt, accept your decisions, even if it goes against my ethics and upbringing. Because I don't want you to be sad or feel...unhappy with me."

"Then, why did you order me to not shape my brows?"

"Can't a husband suggest something to his wife? Does he not have that right?"

Sneha didn't disagree. She knew he had that right. Just like she had the right to guide him, he had it too. Be it as simple as grooming oneself!

She slowly laid her head on his shoulder sideways.

"I don't know what to say." She murmured.

Out of a sudden, he laughed.

"Our life is going to be one hell of a journey! Two poles trying to live together." He said while caressing her hands again.

"I know! I think of this always. But, then I think that the north and south poles of our Earth have constituted and been a part of the planet for so many years. So, why can't we be like that?"

"Are you seriously applying your geography knowledge in our relationship?" He chuckled.

"That's what I have always known. But, seriously, though Viraj. The poles may look apart, but they are very much similar, and directly or indirectly, they sustain life on Earth together!"

"Sneha?"

"Hmm?"

"What happened to you? Why are you giving me geography classes?"

Sneha laughed.

"I am just stating the paradox. Maybe, our marriage would not be as difficult as our differences make them look like?"

"Don't worry about it. My love is enough for us to sustain our marriage. And, if ever there arises a situation that threatens our marriage, I promise that I'd back down. Because marriage is more important than some futile arguments." He said, taking the example from his father and how he did everything in his power to protect his marriage with his wife. Dev was so committed to his marriage, that he even forgave his wife for her indecent infidelity.

Sneha sat straight and looked at him.

"That's the sweetest thing you have ever told me." She said.

"Is it?" He smiled.

"Hmm. You are very good with words."

"I am very good with many other things too." He said suggestively.

Sneha smiled with a lowered gaze.

"Are you being shy?" He teased her.

"I think, we should go now."

"We still have time." He said as he looked at his watch.

"Let's stroll then? This park has some real good flowers."

"Okay. As you wish, darling."

Sneha smiled again and they started walking slowly.

"I wonder if you'd continue to pamper me like this always."

"Why?"

"Men generally stop making their wives feel special after a year or so."

"Well, that is for you to observe."

"What if you would stop being so lovey-dovey?"

Viraj just smiled.

"Why are you not saying anything?"

"How can I predict the future, Sneha!"

"At least tell me you would not change."

"And, what if I would? That would hurt you even more later."

"You said you would do everything to protect our marriage."

"I will, I promise. But, I can't guarantee the subtle behavioral changes and perhaps, priorities. You would change too. Our children will become your priorities, and you will stop loving me the way you do now. Love changes its forms, you know!"

Sneha was stunned to hear it from him. Sometimes, he would be the stupidest guy on Earth while other times, he would speak like a sage!

"Okay, sir. I am sorry for being so stupid."

Viraj just laughed at her sarcasm.

Strolling and talking for a while, Sneha noticed a rose flower hanging between two other rose flowers. It was clearly detached from its branch and was just waiting for the wind to bring it to the ground.

She left his hand and walked towards the bush to carefully take the flower in her hand. Meanwhile, Viraj looked at her carefully.

"And, someone said that the plants sleep at night." He commented.

"I am not plucking it. It is already detached." She carefully took it out and turned around to face him.

Walking towards him, she slowly presented it to him.

"For my dearest husband." She said in a cheesy manner.

Viraj laughed again.

"I missed getting flowers from you." He said and accepted it.

"This is the first flower that I am giving you with my purest intention."

"I know. Why don't you keep it in its right place?"

Sneha smiled and took the flower from him, only to keep it in his shirt's pocket.

"Here?" She asked as she slowly closed the distance between them.

He sensed her movement quickly.

And, so he imitated her and soon they were kissing in the lonely park.

After a heated moment, they finally stood straight and looked at each other.

"I am gonna miss you." She confessed.

"Me or my kisses." He teased again.

"Both." She acknowledged.

Viraj smiled.

"In that way, I shall compensate for my absence by bringing the most expensive jewelry for you."

"Don't waste money on such things, Viraj. Something like a small flower is enough for me. I just want you to be back safe and healthy." She said as she was thrilled to get expensive gifts from him, almost every time they met. She had to request him to not bring anything for the time that she stayed with her parents. Because she wouldn't have any answer for her parents if they asked about where she got the costly items from!

"A flower? I'll give it to you right away." He said and proceeded to pluck it from the rose bush.

"Don't, Viraj..." She was about to tell him to not pluck it when the accident happened.

Viraj withdrew his hand immediately in reflex as instead of the soft petals, the thorn came into contact with his finger.

Sneha couldn't help but laugh.

"Instead karma received." She commented and they both laughed.

However, her smile fell when she saw blood ooze out of his forefinger.

"Viraj, blood!" She exclaimed as she grabbed his hand and looked at his finger.

"What? Are you going to suck it, like they do in movies?"

"Yuck! I am going to do a much more sensible thing." She said and made him sit on the nearby seat.

She sat next to him and opened her handbag to take out the bandaid that she always keeps with her.

"There's no need for it, Sneha. Wounds like this are common...especially during physical training. You know it. Moreover, this doesn't even hurt!"

"I know, this won't hurt. But, precaution is better than cure. This bandaid is a really good one. It will help in avoiding any sort of infection."

"Oh really? This... strawberry-designed bandaid will prevent infection?" He joked as he analyzed the bandaid. It was something that he was seeing for the first time.

"Don't judge its design. It is aesthetically given cute designs to boost a good feeling. But, the medicine palette in it is actually very effective."

"Where did you even get this from?" He said as she slowly and carefully pasted it on his finger.

"I know, these are unique. Everyone asks me the same question when they see it. Priya bought this online and there is only one seller who sells it. It is only available online...probably because of stiff competition in the market. Anyway, if you want it, I can get it for you as well. There are many more designs...Apple, cycle, hearts, unicorns, and whatnot!"

"No! Thanks." He laughed. "If someone saw me wearing this, they would laugh at me."

Sneha frowned.

"Viraj, promise that you won't remove it till tomorrow morning?"

"I won't remove it." He reassured her.

She nodded and finished her work.

"I have heard that a kiss can heal any wound." He lazily added.

Sneha scoffed but still raised herself to kiss his cheeks.

"Now, we should really go." She reminded him again.

Viraj held her hand and both slowly exited the park. As they stood in front of the car, Viraj spoke first.

"I'll call you through the Internet. So, don't miss my calls." He said.

Sneha nodded.

"Eat healthy, okay?" She said as he left her hand to walk towards the driver's seat.

"I will."

Viraj had just opened the door when she called him.

"Viraj?"

He looked at her again.

Sneha walked towards him and gently, yet firmly, hugged him.

"I'll miss you." She mumbled.

Viraj hugged her back.

"I'll miss you more." He smiled and then kissed her forehead.

"Bye."

"Bye." She answered.

.

.

.

Dec 15:

Time went slowly for the love-dazed couples. Sneha was stacking the books robotically in the library where she did the part-time job. She sighed and looked at her watch. She still had two hours to work, and she was already bored.

Her mind wandered towards Viraj. She remembered him telling her yesterday that he would be back in three days. The meetings extended beyond everyone's expectations. And, to encourage him, she didn't let her disappointment show through the video call.

She had just stacked the last book when suddenly she felt herself being pulled back by the waist to another body.

She shrieked.

"Relax, it's me." She heard the voice she very well knew now.

"Viraj!" She was utterly surprised.

He let her turn around.

"Surprise!" He whispered as he immediately kissed her lips, without even giving her time to think.

"Oh, my God! I can't believe you are here!" She finally said after they relished the intimacy.

"How is my wife?" He asked.

Sneha looked at his handsome face and realized that he had actually maintained the light stubble that she preferred so much.

"Did I tell you that you are looking so handsome right now?" She touched his cheeks softly.

His smile widened at the fact that she noticed the change and liked it.

"You just did." He said.

"Why didn't you tell me that you were coming today."

"I wanted to surprise you and see your expression."

A reader entered the lane they were in, in search of a book. So, both of them instantly kept quiet. She expected the reader to go, but when she realized that he wasn't going anywhere, she grabbed Viraj's hand and pulled him to the corner that no one visited, as it was the section of historical nonfiction.

She pulled him closer and whispered.

"This is a lovely surprise. How was your trip?" She asked while playing with his hands.

"It went well."

"When did you reach here?"

"Just two hours ago. I came here directly from the airport."

"Did you eat?" She asked in concern.

"No." He lied. Obviously, he got the meals on the flight.

"Are you hungry?"

"Yes." He nodded.

"Alright. I'll take half-day now and we can go somewhere to feed your empty stomach." She patted his stomach lightly.

His smile widened on hearing it.

"Aren't you going to have a loss of pay for the half-day?" He randomly asked as they approached HR.

Sneha chuckled.

"My husband is a millionaire. I think I can afford it." She joked.

Coming out of the library, she was surprised to see that instead of his car, a black bike waited for them.

"Bike?" She asked.

"Hmm. The weather is nice. So, I asked my men to bring one for us to go on a long ride."

"Aren't you tired to ride a bike?"

"I am fine, Sneha. Don't worry. Just hop in and wear the helmet."

She listened to him and wore the helmet with his help.

"Hold on to me." He instructed as she was holding the back of the bike, instead of him.

"It's fine, Viraj. I am more comfortable in holding this." She said. The truth was that she was shy to hold on to him like that in public.

"Holding me will be more comfortable, Sneha!" He said.

"Viraj...let's go." She gently said so he won't feel bad.

"Fine." He said and drove off slowly.

They had a heavy dinner at the restaurant peacefully where they exchanged whatever happened in the past ten days.

While coming back, the night had already fallen deep. They were crossing the dark lonely road when Viraj finally felt soft hands encircling his waist. Sneha finally held him firmly as she was sure that no one would see them. A few vehicles crossed them but she was sure that none of them were serious. Moreover, she was wearing a helmet.

Sensing her hands on him, he slowed the speed of the bike making her laugh aloud.

"Not shy now?" He asked.

"You knew?"

"I know you very well, Sneha."

"Well, I can't help it." She mumbled as she laid her head on his back and relished the moment, as he rode slower than usual.

As the park neared, Viraj slowed down further and applied brakes, just at the end of the park boundary.

Sneha came down carefully and removed the helmet as Viraj followed her action as well. Keeping the helmet on the seat, they finally faced each other.

"I had fun tonight, Viraj." She said.

"I am glad that you did."

"So..." She was about to bid farewell since it was quite late. It was the time that her father generally reached home.

"Wait. I got something for you from the States." He said as he took out something from his pocket.

"You got me a gift?" She smiled and looked at her expectantly.

"Hmm. Didn't I promise you that?" He said as he showed her what he had brought for her.

"What is this?" She asked as she held the plain silver shiny bracelet kind of chain in her hand.

"It's a lucky charm and the seller said that the person wearing it lives a long life." He said.

"Is that why you bought this?"

"Hmm. I thought of buying an earring or a necklace, but then I remembered that you won't be able to take it home since your family members might see it. And, then you will scold me. So, I got you this. You can easily wear it as it will be hidden from others' eyes."

"Where am I supposed to wear it?" She asked innocently. Indeed, it was too big to be classified as a bracelet.

Viraj grabbed the ornament and lowered himself to the ground.

"What..."

"You wear it on your left leg...like an anklet." He said and slowly clasped it on her leg, just above her left foot.

"This is beautiful, Viraj." She said and looked at her leg.

"Just wear a long pajama at home and no one know about it." He said and stood.

Sneha immediately hugged him.

"This is very pretty. Thank you, Viraj!" She said and kissed his cheek before hugging him again.

"I didn't know something so simple would make you so happy!"

"You ..." She was about to say when a scooty suddenly stopped in front of them.

Both of them looked at the person in surprise, but when they recognized the person, all hell broke loose for Sneha.

It was her father and the look he had in his eyes could really kill her right at the spot.

"Papa..." She choked.

.

.

.

{Hey again!

I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

So, I had a roller-coaster ride in the past few months. And, due to this, I couldn't really update.

Thank you so much to my loyal and lovely readers who kept on encouraging me with their kind words. Finally, for three days, I was writing this chapter to make it ready for publishing. It is finally done now.

As for future updates, I am not really sure how frequently I will be able to update. I will TRY MY BEST to update at least once a week, but it appears difficult owing to certain things. I can't tell you all the reasons here in public since I keep my personal life very secret.

However, rest assured, please have faith in me. I will complete this book...it might just take some time.

As to the steamy scenes that you want, it will come in chapter 78. So, gear up as I will finally write an erotic scene after Guns and a Rose.

Those who are asking me for an update by saying that they will remove the book from their library or unfollow me, I request them to please (kindly) go ahead. I never ask my reader to follow me in hopes of becoming some celebrity or something like that. It is just to make a community of like-minded people with whom I can share my works/stories with, especially my future works.

About removing my book from the library, I would say that it is your call. I can't force you to keep it in your library. I can just request you to have some more patience and trust me. But then again, please do as you please.

Also, please do not post negative comments on my account hoping that I'd reply back and argue. It is not my nature or ethics to feel proud/happy by saying rude things to others. In fact, I feel bad for ruining someone's day with my words. But, since I read ALL the comments left on the story or my account, the negative ones do affect my peace of mind. So, please, do not leave rude comments for me. I am also a human and I also feel bad.

The only solution to keep my spirits high is to block the readers who think they can be rude to me or any other reader for that matter. Your constructive criticism is MOST WELCOME. But, your rude comments and curses are definitely not.

Also, please do not be rude to my amazing fellow readers as I will resort to the above-mentioned means. You have the right to speech...not the right to hurt others' sentiments.

With this, I end my speech...lol!

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN!!!

Please leave your precious votes and comments and make my day!

Next update: I don't know When! I am sorryyyyyyyyyy. Please expect a month, maybe.

BYEEEEEEE!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 105 8
Shivansh exclaimed,"I have been the devil ruling the hell throughout my life but she made me feel what it is to hold the heaven in my hands." ~ "Keep...
18.9K 675 60
He forced her to marry, not caring about the circumstances. He was obsessed with her, but refused to accept it. He claimed to hate, he vowed to make...
588K 4.6K 7
(Available on Novelcat mobile app and website) She is a very simple and innocent girl. She is a type whom every parent would be proud to have as a ch...
88.5K 4.7K 37
We can't share all the things with parents, but friends. A friend is someone with whom you can share all your feelings without fear... A friend is so...