Surprise! The aloof CEO is ac...

By UnePetiteFleurNoire

Xia Huai Zhi had the appearance of a top-tier sweet girl, but at the age of 16, she unexpectedly presented as... More

Full Description
Related works
Chapter 1 Reunion
Chapter 2 Danger
Chapter 3 Dawn Breaks
Chapter 4 Dreamland
Chapter 5: Lychee
Chapter 6 Truth
Chapter 7: Teasing Him
Chapter 8: Issuing Cards
Chapter 9: Accident
Chapter 10 Awkwardness
Chapter 11: Patting the Head
Chapter 12: Joyful
Chapter 13: Holding Hands
Chapter 14: Teasing.
Chapter 15: Difficult to Marry
Chapter 16: Irritable
Chapter 17 Conjecture
Chapter 18 Terrifying
Chapter 19: Cut Off
Chapter 20 White Rabbit
Chapter 21: Enchantment
Chapter 22 Decision
Chapter 23 In the Rain
Chapter 24: Jealousy
Chapter 25: Hooked
Chapter 26 Drunkard
Chapter 27: Villains
Chapter 28: Peppermint
Chapter 29 Suppression
Chapter 30: Marking
Chapter 31: Hit You
Chapter 32 New Year's Eve
Chapter 33 Warning
Chapter 34 Ignition
Chapter 35 Bullying (Part 1)
Chapter 36 Biting People (Second Update)
Chapter 37: Diamond Ring
Chapter 38 Relaxation
Chapter 39 Disappearance
Chapter 40 Plunder
Chapter 41: Past Events
Chapter 42 Reunion
Chapter 43 Learning
Chapter 45 Courage
Chapter 46: Pregnancy
Chapter 47: At the Edge of the Abyss
Chapter 48: Crowd
Chapter 49: Heavy Rain
Chapter 50: Going Home

Chapter 44: Deep Affection

143 1 0
By UnePetiteFleurNoire

Xia Huai Zhi woke up early and saw Fu Lin tying his tie in front of the mirror, while also adjusting his collar and cuffs.

Although he looked handsome in formal wear, he seemed more suited to staying at home than going to work at the company.

"Are you going to work today?"

She grabbed Fu Lin's clothes corner unhappily, "Why don't you take a few more days off, I'm worried about your health."

"It's okay, my job isn't physically demanding."

"Okay," she muttered, "Mr. Fu is so dedicated."

"I have to be dedicated."

Fu Lin held her hand and gently moved it away, "I'll go make breakfast."

"Don't go," Xia Huai Zhi quickly jumped out of bed, "I'll go after I freshen up, you wait at the table."

To avoid any mishaps, she took out some frozen buns from the freezer and steamed them, then fried two eggs. Thinking that Fu Lin was still taking care of his health, she also made a cup of milk.

Although she was a bit lazy, it seemed like a decent breakfast.

Fu Lin's evaluation of it was "not bad."

She didn't have an early class today, but she still took his ride because she wanted to go out with Fu Lin.

On the way, she held her head and sighed, "Ah, it looks like I need to get a driver's license soon so you can rest."

"I'm fine now."

Fu Lin said indifferently, "If I really can't drive, I can call a driver."

"Ah, I know you have a driver, I just. . ."

She lowered her voice, "Sometimes I want you to rely on me."

Although she didn't want to dominate like other Alphas, she still hoped that her Omega partner could rely on her a little, so she could fulfill her protective instincts.

But Fu Lin seemed to be more used to taking care of himself and always wanted to refuse her help, which troubled her. Seeing her disappointed look, Fu Lin took the initiative to suggest, "After work today, I will go to the school to pick you up and your luggage. If you have time, pack your things in advance."

Xia Huaizhi asked excitedly, "Really? You're coming to pick me up?"

"Yes."

Fu Lin added, "If you finish class late, I can wait for you a little longer, no need to rush."

"No, it's okay. I finish class at four in the afternoon, and today happens to be the day with the least classes."

"Then. . ."

Fu Lin parked the car at the entrance of Nangang University, "Get off, see you in the afternoon."

"Okay, see you in the afternoon!"

*

After the last class, Xia Huaizhi hurried back to the dormitory to pack her things as soon as possible. It's only the second semester, and both she and Li Qing have moved out, leaving this dormitory completely empty. When she left, she still felt a little reluctant in her heart, after all, she had lived here for almost half a year.

However, when she stood downstairs waiting for Fu Lin to come and pick her up, her reluctance was quickly replaced by anticipation, and her heart was full of joy.

I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but an Alpha male who had pursued her before saw her standing here with her luggage and warmly asked if she needed help.

"No, thank you," she smiled and declined politely, "someone will come to pick me up."

The male Alpha hung his head and pitifully asked, "Is the person who is coming to pick you up. . . your boyfriend?"

"Yes."

Xia Huai Zhi showed a helpless expression, "You should go upstairs quickly. My boyfriend is a big jealous person. He will be jealous if he sees us talking later."

Hearing this, the male Alpha covered his heart, feeling hurt, and walked into the dormitory door dejectedly.

Xia Huai Zhi turned around satisfied, and suddenly met Fu Lin's gaze.

"Big jealous person?" Fu Lin frowned, "Am I really that sour?"

Her brain quickly turned, and she changed her words in an instant, "You're not sour, but sweet. So sweet that I want to kiss you every day."

"Ahem. . ." Fu Lin suddenly choked on his own saliva and coughed several times before recovering.

"Put your luggage in the trunk, if it doesn't fit, put it on the back seat."

"Okay."

Xia Huai Zhi only had one suitcase and three bags, and there was plenty of room in the trunk.

After putting it away, she couldn't wait to sit in the passenger seat and leaned her head towards Fu Lin, "Can I taste it? I want to know if you're sweet or sour today."

"This is the dormitory downstairs."

"But your car windows have privacy film on them, right?"

Fu Lin looked at the crowd outside the window. Even though he knew they couldn't see what was inside the car, he still felt a sense of shame in being close to the crowd. Just as he was about to refuse, he turned his head and found that Xia Huai Zhi had already closed her eyes, ready to be kissed by him.

So the words of refusal were instantly swallowed by him, and he decided to fulfill her wish.

Well, it's not like he hasn't kissed before.

He didn't know if he was sweet or sour, but he could clearly feel the sweetness on Xia Huai Zhi's lips. Perhaps it was related to pheromones, as she always had a sweet scent, with a strong or light lychee flavor.

When the passion was at its peak, he suddenly heard a voice from outside the window, "What's going on? Even at this time, there are young couples kissing downstairs in broad daylight."

He quickly retreated and pulled Xia Huai Zhi at least half a meter away, feeling extremely guilty.

The next second, he heard another voice from outside the window say, "Aren't they hiding behind the tree? Maybe they think we can't see them."

Fortunately, the couple who were seen kissing were not them. . .

Xia Huai Zhi was amused by Fu Lin's series of reactions, and couldn't help but laugh with her hand covering her mouth.

"Senior, why are you even more innocent than a college student?" Fu Lin drove away from the dormitory area without saying a word, wanting to leave this embarrassing place as soon as possible.

Their new home was very close to the school, and they arrived at their destination in ten minutes. Xia Huaizhi spent half an hour getting dressed, then came to Fu Lin with a bunny girl outfit and teased, "Do you want to see me wear this?"

Fu Lin replied with righteousness, "No."

"But you saved the photos I took, clearly you like it," she said.

She teased again, "Real life is much more interesting than photos. Are you sure you don't want to see?"

"Okay," Fu Lin's mind battled for a few rounds, but ultimately he lost.

"Good!"

She didn't shy away and changed into the full bunny girl outfit in front of Fu Lin, then shook her tail at him.

Fu Lin reminded her coldly, "Don't do that."

She knew without thinking that he must have a special liking for her, so she didn't dare to continue.

"What do you want me to do then?"

"Just don't do anything."

"No, I still have to go cook."

She gestured to him with her finger, "Come here and see the rabbit cook for you."

Fu Lin felt like his soul was being hooked away, and he followed her to the kitchen in a daze. She made it clear that she had no good intentions, always fidgeting with her clothes and calling him over to help her pull them up.

After several times, he couldn't take it anymore and said, "Why don't you just not wear anything?"

His original intention was to say, "Why don't you just change your clothes?" but the words came out wrong.

Xia Huai Zhi blushed and embarrassedly pulled down the zipper on her chest. "I didn't expect you to have such thoughts. You should have said so earlier."

Fu Lin helplessly looked away, but his head turned back uncontrollably. There was nothing he could do; certain things were just too tempting for him.

Xia Huai Zhi pulled on his clothes, "Do you want a dessert before dinner?"

He lowered his head as if possessed by a ghost.

"Yes."

*

These few days, they had tried many new ways of playing and realized that there were many interesting things besides the home base. However, it was difficult to pack up every time, and both of their hands would get tired.

She suggested buying some small props to assist them, and Fu Lin and her spent a long time picking out two or three satisfactory ones.

The props had just arrived today, and she eagerly unpacked the packaging, imagining how she would use them on Fu Lin.

Just as she was imagining the crucial scene, a WeChat notification sound ruthlessly interrupted her fantasy.

[Mu Chun]: Do you know? Fu Lin is planning to resign.

[A Rabbit Branch]: ???? I don't know.

[A Rabbit Branch]: Can even the CEO resign? Why does he want to resign?

[Mu Chun]: It seems like there was a very unpleasant conflict with the board of directors, and after the meeting, he said he wanted to resign.

[Mu Chun]: It's not just him, the person I like is also planning to resign, and has already submitted their resignation application.

[A Rabbit Branch]: The CFO?

[Mu Chun]: Yes, now the headquarters has lost both of them at once, sigh.

[Mu Chun]: I still don't know the specific reason, but I think it's really an irreconcilable conflict. Otherwise, they wouldn't both leave, and they're both such important figures.

[Mu Chun]: Actually, I'm also considering resigning. . .

[A Rabbit Branch]: Let's not rush into it, let's wait until we figure out the reason first.

[A Rabbit Branch]: I'll ask Fu Lin when he gets off work and comes home.

[Mu Chun]: Home??? You guys are already living together??

[A Rabbit Branch]: Yeah. . . sis, don't tell mom and dad yet, help me keep it a secret. 

[Mu Chun]: Okay, I'll help you keep it a secret. But you have to take care of yourself and don't let anyone bully you.

[A Rabbit Branch]: He won't bully me, don't worry.

Today, Fu Lin returned later than usual. I don't know if it's because he had to deal with resignation-related matters.

During dinner, she asked the question that had been weighing on her mind for a long time, "I heard that you're resigning. . . is that true?"

"Hmm."

Fu Lin put down his chopsticks and looked up at her, "I won't be the CEO of Therasis Group anymore. I don't know if you can accept that?"

"Of course I can," she asked back, "why wouldn't I be able to accept it?"

"I like you not because of your profession or your wealth, I just like you as a person."

"Even if you become poor one day, I will try my best to make sure that both of us have food to eat. I won't let either of us starve to death."

"Xia Huai Zhi, thank you."

Fu Lin's mouth slightly curled up, "But I'm not going to stop working, I will start a new career."

"Hmm?" She asked curiously, "Are you planning to work for another company?"

"No."

"I plan to start my own."

". . . . . . Ah?"

Xia Huai Zhi suddenly felt that her previous confession of love was a waste.

If she had known, she wouldn't have said all those things!

Author's note:

Fu Lin: I'm leaving, and I'm taking my brother-in-law with me.

Huai Zhi: Okay, you're ruthless!

Note: Revised

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.6K 456 27
In order to redeem my missing memories. I need to do a mission and that mission is... Making the male lead fall for me. ( This is an inspired story. )
3.6M 290K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
15.7K 457 65
Shen Zhimi's parents helped her make a marriage, she only knew in advance that her omega husband had pheromone disorders Syndrome, her temper is said...
1.3K 54 22
Ning Jiao is an Alpha who grew up in a honeypot. When she was sixteen, her A-dad waved his hand towards the entire galaxy and said, "See this? All of...