Surprise! The aloof CEO is ac...

By UnePetiteFleurNoire

Xia Huai Zhi had the appearance of a top-tier sweet girl, but at the age of 16, she unexpectedly presented as... More

Full Description
Related works
Chapter 1 Reunion
Chapter 2 Danger
Chapter 3 Dawn Breaks
Chapter 4 Dreamland
Chapter 5: Lychee
Chapter 7: Teasing Him
Chapter 8: Issuing Cards
Chapter 9: Accident
Chapter 10 Awkwardness
Chapter 11: Patting the Head
Chapter 12: Joyful
Chapter 13: Holding Hands
Chapter 14: Teasing.
Chapter 15: Difficult to Marry
Chapter 16: Irritable
Chapter 17 Conjecture
Chapter 18 Terrifying
Chapter 19: Cut Off
Chapter 20 White Rabbit
Chapter 21: Enchantment
Chapter 22 Decision
Chapter 23 In the Rain
Chapter 24: Jealousy
Chapter 25: Hooked
Chapter 26 Drunkard
Chapter 27: Villains
Chapter 28: Peppermint
Chapter 29 Suppression
Chapter 30: Marking
Chapter 31: Hit You
Chapter 32 New Year's Eve
Chapter 33 Warning
Chapter 34 Ignition
Chapter 35 Bullying (Part 1)
Chapter 36 Biting People (Second Update)
Chapter 37: Diamond Ring
Chapter 38 Relaxation
Chapter 39 Disappearance
Chapter 40 Plunder
Chapter 41: Past Events
Chapter 42 Reunion
Chapter 43 Learning
Chapter 44: Deep Affection
Chapter 45 Courage
Chapter 46: Pregnancy
Chapter 47: At the Edge of the Abyss
Chapter 48: Crowd
Chapter 49: Heavy Rain
Chapter 50: Going Home

Chapter 6 Truth

165 1 0
By UnePetiteFleurNoire

"The effect of the inhibitor is already minimal."

Fu Lin looked up at the ceiling again. "Even if we use the strongest C-type inhibitor Therasis, the symptoms still haven't improved. I can only try that method."

"That's because your group's product is not good enough!"

Fu Lin's eyelashes twitched. "Do you have something with a stronger effect?"

"I do, but. . ."

Ye Fengqiu shrugged. "It's still a work in progress, and the side effects are strong. You might end up with a few less brain cells after using it a few times."

Fu Lin's eyes visibly dimmed.

"But even if the inhibitor fails, don't go messing around. Just go to the basement and tough it out for two or three days. You'll get through it."

Ye Fengqiu felt that the statement was a bit cruel, so he added, "I know it'll be tough during that period, but it's better than passing out directly!"

"I have something very important to do. I can't afford to waste two or three days." "Are you referring to the meeting this afternoon? Your assistant called you earlier and I answered. I helped you postpone the meeting to next Monday."

Fu Lin remained noncommittal.

After a long time, he looked at the medicine bottle hanging on the shelf and asked, "How much longer?"

"If you're talking about the IV, it will be over soon."

"But-" Ye Fengqiu looked at Fu Lin warily. "You need to stay here and rest for the next few days. Don't keep thinking about going out, do you hear me?"

Fu Lin moved his fingers and turned his head to look out the window, not saying anything.

Ye Fengqiu sighed. "I'm telling you, you really need someone who cares about you. That's why you never know how to take care of yourself. Look at the people around you, what are they. . ."

Fu Lin suddenly interrupted him. "You."

"Me? You mean I care about you?"

Ye Fengqiu mocked himself. "You know I only care about you because of my responsibility and the three million yuan. So you see, do you care about my concern for you? You don't care at all!" "Isn't care between people all because of responsibility and interests?"

Fu Lin's tone was firm, as if this was the truth he had summed up over the past twenty years.

Now it was Ye Fengqiu's turn to be speechless.

"Tu Zhi, I'm going to my boyfriend's place later. There are fewer people in his class and more empty seats."

Li Qing patted Xia Huaizhi's shoulder, "As for the seat I vacated, I'll give it to you. . ."

This was a wonderful arrangement. Li Qing wanted to give herself a loud applause.

But Xia Huaizhi didn't show the expected smile. Instead, she looked a little disappointed, with a furrowed brow.

Li Qing asked, "What's wrong with you?"

"He doesn't seem to be coming."

"Maybe he's busy and doesn't have time to come see me."

Although Xia Huai Zhi tried to make her tone sound light and easy, her voice came out with a sob.

"Like this."

Li Qing cursed "jerk" in his heart, then said with concern, "Then I won't go to my boyfriend's place and stay here with you."

Xia Huai Zhi didn't want to affect the little couple's reunion, so she tried to pull out a smile that was still acceptable: "I'm fine, you go, when the competition starts, I will forget about this."

"So, should I really go?"

Xia Huai Zhi nodded heavily, "Mm!"

As a cheerleader, she needed to perform at the opening ceremony.

In order to ensure the condition of the team members, the captain arranged for everyone to have a final rehearsal and warm up during the rehearsal.

Xia Huai Zhi was a little cold at first, but after jumping once, she was no longer cold, and even felt quite warm.

As for that little bit of heartache. . . When she stood on the podium to receive her award, she saw Li Qing waving at her from the photography department from far away and jumped up to wave back.

She smiled knowingly and said silently, "Thank you."

Some people cheered for her victory, and that was enough.

"Wow, two gold medals, amazing!"

After returning to the dormitory, Li Qing eagerly took Xia Huai Zhi's medal and looked at it from all angles, feeling very curious.

"I heard that our school's gold medals are plated with real gold, so they should be quite valuable."

"Gold plating isn't worth much," Xia Huai Zhi said, "but it's very meaningful."

Li Qing asked curiously, "Are you still planning to give him the hard-earned medal you won?"

Xia Huai Zhi said stubbornly, "If he doesn't come, I won't give it to him. I won't spoil him."

"Good, my roommate is really impressive."

Li Qing felt relieved and decided to retract her evaluation of Xia Huai Zhi's "love brain".

"Where is the love brain?"

"Not at all!"

In order to show her determination to "not spoil him", Xia Huai Zhi even took out the frozen lychees from the small refrigerator and ate them with Li Qing, especially the portion intended for Fu Lin.

"He was the one who went back on his word first!"

They didn't stop until they ate too much and threw the remaining lychees back into the refrigerator.

The school sports meet continued on the second day.

Xia Huai Zhi's event wasn't particularly early, so she slept in until 9 o'clock.

As usual, she checked her phone and Fu Lin still hadn't replied to her message. However, she wasn't surprised and didn't feel too disappointed about it.

The new day's competition was about to begin. When Xia Huaizhi arrived at the stadium, the audience seats were already full. She went around to the back of her class and prepared to walk to the seat she sat in yesterday.

There was originally an empty seat next to her seat, but it was filled today.

The person sitting there was not Li Qing. From the back, it was a man, and it didn't seem to be a male classmate.

Did someone sit in the wrong seat or. . . ?

She sat down in her own seat and turned her head to see what the male student who seemed to have sat in the wrong seat looked like and whether she knew him.

Unexpectedly, she actually knew this person.

"Why did you come!"

Xia Huaizhi's mouth crazily curled up, as if the sky was falling and couldn't press it down.

"I didn't say I wouldn't come."

Perhaps not wanting to stand out too much, Fu Lin didn't wear too much business attire today and looked no different from the male college student next to him. It looks more like her "senior" from her memory than before.

Xia Huai Zhi laughed and asked, "Senior, have you been busy these past two days, so you didn't reply to my message?"

As she spoke, her grievances and disappointments emerged again, "And. . . you didn't come to see me yesterday."

Fu Lin nodded and said, "Sorry."

"Okay, I forgive you now."

Xia Huai Zhi put both hands into her pockets and said mysteriously, "Guess which pocket the medal is in? If you guess right, I'll give it to you."

Fu Lin looked down and said, "The right one."

"You guessed it!" Xia Huai Zhi was very happy and quickly handed the medal to Fu Lin.

Fu Lin instinctively reached out his right hand, but then withdrew it and switched to his left hand.

The large gold medal in his hand didn't seem as big anymore.

When she heard the broadcast, Xia Huai Zhi stood up reluctantly and said, "I still have a competition, I have to go wait for it." She was happy in her heart and her walking posture looked like she was dancing. He actually came to see her! It was like a dream. She won a gold medal in the next event and after receiving the award, she quickly ran back to the audience instead of going directly back to the dormitory. Luckily, there were some lychees left from yesterday, otherwise she would have broken her promise. She ran back to the audience with the small bag of lychees and handed it to Fu Lin, panting. "I promised to give this to you before. . ." Fu Lin took it with his left hand again. "Thank you." "Taste it quickly to see if it has gone bad. If it has, don't eat it. I'll bring you fresh ones next time."

Fu Lin picked out a lychee from the bag, elegantly peeled it, and slowly put it in his mouth.

Actually, Xia Huai Zhi felt a little embarrassed when she watched him peel the lychee.

After all, her pheromone taste was. . .

"Is it not bad?"

"It's not bad."

Xia Huai Zhi began to get nervous. "Do you like it? The taste of this lychee?"

"Mm, it's very sweet."

She felt her face getting hot, and her heart beating faster, just like when she was running.

Fu Lin began to peel the second one.

She dared not look again and turned her gaze to the athletes competing on the track.

But soon her eyes were drawn back, like a magnet attracting a piece of iron.

So annoying!

When Fu Lin ate the third one, Xia Huai Zhi suddenly noticed something strange -

There was a red mark on his lips.

At first, she thought it was blood and was startled. But when she got closer, she realized it looked more like smudged lipstick.

She laughed quietly as if she had discovered an interesting secret.

"I have wet wipes here. You can wipe it off a bit."

Fu Lin took the wet wipe with his left hand and wiped his mouth vigorously. There was indeed a smudge of lipstick on the wet wipe. He paused for a moment, then folded the wet wipe in half and repeated the action.

Xia Huai Zhi was about to make a joke, but when she saw Fu Lin's face, she couldn't laugh.

After the lipstick was wiped off, his lips showed a shocking paleness. Unlike people with naturally light lip color, it was a sickly paleness.

Even in the sunlight, this paleness still made Xia Huai Zhi feel a bone-chilling coldness.

"Don't eat this kind of cold stuff."

Xia Huai Zhi grabbed the lychee from Fu Lin's hand without any mercy and threw it into the trash bag.

Fu Lin still had the same indifferent expression. He wasn't angry that the lychee was taken away and calmly wiped his hands with a wet tissue.

Xia Huai Zhi was a little angry and asked, "Have you been sick recently, so you don't have time for me?"

"Why didn't you tell me? You still had to use lipstick to cover it up and made me give you this thing taken out of the fridge to eat. . . I regret it so much, you know."

She usually had a good temper, but this was the first time she spoke to someone in this tone.

Fu Lin sighed, "I'm sorry."

"What's the use of apologizing to me?"

She pouted, "You should go back quickly and rest well in bed. Otherwise, you'll have to go to work again tomorrow, Monday."

Fu Lin sat still.

Xia Huai Zhi gently pushed him, "Let's go."

"It's not over yet."

The meaning was that he wanted to watch her last game before leaving.

Xia Huai Zhi immediately softened, "It's okay. I also won a gold medal yesterday when you weren't here."

"Actually, I had two gold medals in my pockets just now because I won two yesterday. And I hope you'll never end up on the side without any rewards."

"Now I have two more, and I'll give them both to you."

She dug out the two gold medals as if she were emptying her pockets, trying to "bribe" Fu Lin to go back and rest.

Fu Lin remained silent for a long time, but eventually agreed to leave early.

But he didn't take both gold medals, only one.

"You keep this one."

Xia Huai Zhi then took the remaining gold medal and smiled at Fu Lin, saying, "Let's go, let's go."

Fu Lin turned around and whispered something before leaving.

If she didn't hear it wrong, that sentence should be - "Thank you for your concern."

Author's note:

Foolish girl, just kiss him!

Give him a kiss and you'll blush (not literally).

Note: Unrevised

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.6K 456 27
In order to redeem my missing memories. I need to do a mission and that mission is... Making the male lead fall for me. ( This is an inspired story. )
3.6K 147 45
Award-winning photographer Jiang Nianyu returned to her home country, rejecting numerous invitations from top-tier magazines. She silently joined a p...
3.6M 290K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
172K 3.6K 45
𝙷𝚒, 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚙𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚋𝚢 𝚖𝚢 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔. [𝗗𝗜𝗦𝗖𝗢𝗡𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗨𝗘𝗗] ...