Surprise! The aloof CEO is ac...

By UnePetiteFleurNoire

Xia Huai Zhi had the appearance of a top-tier sweet girl, but at the age of 16, she unexpectedly presented as... More

Full Description
Related works
Chapter 1 Reunion
Chapter 2 Danger
Chapter 3 Dawn Breaks
Chapter 4 Dreamland
Chapter 6 Truth
Chapter 7: Teasing Him
Chapter 8: Issuing Cards
Chapter 9: Accident
Chapter 10 Awkwardness
Chapter 11: Patting the Head
Chapter 12: Joyful
Chapter 13: Holding Hands
Chapter 14: Teasing.
Chapter 15: Difficult to Marry
Chapter 16: Irritable
Chapter 17 Conjecture
Chapter 18 Terrifying
Chapter 19: Cut Off
Chapter 20 White Rabbit
Chapter 21: Enchantment
Chapter 22 Decision
Chapter 23 In the Rain
Chapter 24: Jealousy
Chapter 25: Hooked
Chapter 26 Drunkard
Chapter 27: Villains
Chapter 28: Peppermint
Chapter 29 Suppression
Chapter 30: Marking
Chapter 31: Hit You
Chapter 32 New Year's Eve
Chapter 33 Warning
Chapter 34 Ignition
Chapter 35 Bullying (Part 1)
Chapter 36 Biting People (Second Update)
Chapter 37: Diamond Ring
Chapter 38 Relaxation
Chapter 39 Disappearance
Chapter 40 Plunder
Chapter 41: Past Events
Chapter 42 Reunion
Chapter 43 Learning
Chapter 44: Deep Affection
Chapter 45 Courage
Chapter 46: Pregnancy
Chapter 47: At the Edge of the Abyss
Chapter 48: Crowd
Chapter 49: Heavy Rain
Chapter 50: Going Home

Chapter 5: Lychee

153 0 0
By UnePetiteFleurNoire

Fu Lin hasn't replied for a very long time.

Xia Huai Zhi knew that he probably would never reply to this question, so she stopped waiting and focused on her own things.

Recently, her schedule was very full because she signed up for four events at the school sports meet -

100m sprint, 110m hurdles, long jump, and shooting.

In addition, she even participated in and passed the cheerleading team selection, becoming the only Alpha member of the cheerleading team.

It is now close to the time of the school sports meet, and cheerleading team members need to rehearse four times a week, taking up almost all of their free time.

Moreover, she still needs to train for other events.

Li Qing once complained, "You're getting busier and busier every day. I'm tired just looking at you."

She replied, "I mainly want to win more medals and give them to him as a gift."

Just like the transcripts she sent him in high school. "Tsk tsk," Li Qing looked disgusted, "you're such a lovesick fool."

"Who was it that was talking in their sleep and calling out their boyfriend's name?"

When it comes to being lovesick, neither of them can complain about the other.

Li Qing also signed up for shooting, but she didn't really understand it. She was just interested in the event. Xia Huai Zhi had practiced before and could guide her a little, so the two of them decided to go to the shooting range to train together.

For convenience, Xia Huai Zhi tied her hair up in a high ponytail today, making her look particularly energetic.

Anyway, she wouldn't be meeting Fu Lin today, so she didn't have to worry about the suppression patch on the back of her neck being exposed.

She was completely focused, aiming and pulling the trigger, her movements graceful and effortless.

Bang--

After the gunshot, the bullet hit the bullseye.

She really enjoyed this feeling.

Aim at a target and hit it, this process excites her.

Li Qing claps for her on the side, "Awesome."

Xia Huai Zhi blushes, "Don't do this, it's embarrassing."

"Just telling the truth."

Li Qing suddenly comes up with an idea, "Why don't you invite the person you like to watch you compete! Think about it, you can wear a short skirt and do the cheerleading routine first, then a cool shooting segment, followed by a flashy short run. . ."

"Who can resist that, except for your roommate and me."

Xia Huai Zhi sighs, "Can it really be done like that?"

"Hmm, why not?"

"I don't think he would agree to come watch me, after all, he's so busy, where would he find time to watch a college competition."

"You won't know until you ask," Li Qing continues to persuade.

So that night, Xia Huai Zhi really asked.

[A Rabbit Branch]: I will participate in several events at the school sports meet next weekend.

[A Rabbit Branch]: Can you. . . come watch me compete?

[A Rabbit Branch]: If you come, I will definitely win all the championships.

Ten minutes later.

[A Rabbit Branch]: It's okay if you don't come, I can still win the championship.

[Fu Lin]: It depends on the situation.

[A Rabbit Branch]: Huh?

[A Rabbit Branch]: That's great!

Since he said that, it means he is willing to come, but we have to see if he has time to come.

Just the three words "he is willing" are enough to give her enough motivation.

In order to thank Li Qing, a great military strategist who often came up with clever ideas, she took him to the snack street to eat all night.

Li Qing rubbed his bulging belly and exclaimed, "Miss, you are really generous."

Xia Huaizhi retorted, "I'm not a miss!"

Although Xia Huaizhi is not really a miss, their family is still well-off and no family member has ever worried about material things.

Moreover, their family atmosphere is particularly harmonious, full of love and tolerance for each other. Even if they have conflicts, they will communicate and resolve them properly.

Xia Huaizhi is a lucky and happy child who grew up in such a family.

Since the start of the university, she hasn't been home for over a month. This weekend, her mother Xia Chunxi couldn't sit still and called her to come home.

She packed her things and prepared to take a taxi, but found that her parents had already driven to the school gate.

It seems that her parents really miss her. . . She got on the car in a flash and said coquettishly to her parents, "I miss you so much!"

"If you miss us, come home more often."

Xia Chunxi had a loving smile on his face, apparently pleased by his daughter's words.

"I have a lot of things to do at the beginning of the school year. When I have some free time, I will definitely come home every few days and annoy you."

Dad Shen Rui raised his eyebrows and said, "If we could be annoyed to death by you, we wouldn't have lived until today."

While chatting and laughing, the car was driven to the bottom of Shen Muchun's house.

Since they planned to gather, the whole family had to be neat and tidy, and no one could be left behind.

After Shen Muchun got on the car, her parents began to talk to their eldest daughter about work.

Xia Huaizhi didn't understand this aspect very well and couldn't join in the conversation, so she began to stare out of the window in a daze.

As she looked, she actually felt a little sleepy. "I heard that your group's CEO is a rich second generation who inherited the family business. He just graduated from college this year, and I'm quite worried that he might not be reliable and will lead the company and employees into trouble."

Upon hearing this, Xia Huaizhi instantly became alert.

She remained calm on the surface, but had secretly perked up her ears, wanting to listen carefully to what her sister had to say.

Shen Muchun smiled and said, "Actually, I was a little worried too, but now it seems that he is surprisingly reliable. I can't even tell that he's two years younger than me."

"What do you mean?" Xia Chunxi asked.

"He's a very thoughtful person, but he won't take reckless risks. He's very good at judging the situation. Also. . . we had an emergency situation a while ago, and everyone was in a panic, but he just sat there calmly and quickly came up with a solution."

After speaking, Shen Muchun gave a meaningful look to Xia Huaizhi:

"See how seriously I'm praising him?"

Xia Huaizhi mouthed back:

"Sister is so kind."

Shen Rui saw the little movements of his two daughters through the rearview mirror and curiously asked, "What are you two sisters doing? So secretive."

"Nothing, nothing."

The two sisters said in unison.

Time spent at home always feels comfortable.

Xia Chunxi bought ten kilograms of fresh lychees online and filled the first compartment of the freezer with them, which was exactly what Xia Huaizhi wanted.

Back then, Xia Chunxi named her youngest daughter after the lychee variety "Huaizhi" because she loved eating lychees.

Perhaps influenced by her name, Xia Huaizhi also particularly likes eating lychees. Sometimes she even eats so much that she gets a nosebleed from the heat.

Eating so much, her pheromones also become lychee-scented.

She couldn't wait and peeled and ate one before the lychees were completely thawed. The partially thawed fresh lychees had a unique flavor, with a refreshing sweetness that was even more satisfying than eating ice cream.

So sweet. As soon as she tasted something sweet, she couldn't help but want to share it with the person she liked.

Therefore, when she returned to school, she specially packed about a pound of ice lychees in a bag, saying that she wanted to share them with her "friend".

Xia Chunxi smiled and asked, "Have we become good friends with Huai Zhi?"

"Um, I have a good relationship with my roommate now, and. . ."

There was another friend, but she was too embarrassed to say.

Xia Chunxi didn't ask any further, just reminded her that she could take more, as they could buy them anytime.

So she took another small bag, planning to keep it for herself.

There was a small refrigerator in the dormitory, and she put the lychees in it as soon as she got back. Then, she sent a message to Fu Lin.

[A Rabbit Branch]: Do you like to eat lychees?

[Fu Lin]: Forgot.

This answer was somewhat confusing, so Xia Huai Zhi asked tentatively -

[A Rabbit Branch]: Did you forget what it tastes like because you haven't eaten it for too long?

[Fu Lin]: Hmm.

[A Rabbit Branch]: That's perfect. When you come this weekend, I'll give you some frozen lychees from the fridge to eat.

[A Rabbit Branch]: They're very sweet.

She had brought this up as a reminder to Fu Lin not to forget to come watch her game this weekend. Actually, she could bring the lychees to his company downstairs right now, but she didn't want to.

[Fu Lin]: Okay.

The implication was that he would come!

[A Rabbit Branch]: Hehe, I'll be waiting for you.

The busy training made these few days pass by incredibly quickly.

On Friday, Xia Huai Zhi sent a message to ask Fu Lin if he could come tomorrow, so she could prepare in advance.

She sent the WeChat message early in the morning, but by evening, there was still no response from Fu Lin.

This had never happened before.

So she continued to wait, wondering if he was too busy and would only have time late at night.

But. . .

At one o'clock in the morning, he still hadn't replied.

A huge sense of disappointment flooded Xia Huai Zhi's heart. She tightly held her phone in bed, feeling like she wanted to cry for the first time in a long time.

She had a competition the next day and couldn't stay up so late, but. . .

She really couldn't sleep.

Li Qing had already been asleep for a long time, and she had no one to confide in. She felt suffocated keeping it all inside. She suddenly thought of her sister who often stayed up late and tried to send a crying face to the other side.

Her sister was indeed still awake and asked her with concern, "Huai Zhi, what's wrong? Are you unhappy?"

She talked for a long time in her bed and told her sister all about this troubling matter.

[Mu Chun]: He didn't come to the company today.

[Mu Chun]: There was supposed to be an important meeting in the afternoon, but his assistant said he couldn't come to the company because of something and that it would be postponed until next Monday.

[Mu Chun]: Maybe there's something going on at home or he's on a business trip. Anyway, he shouldn't be intentionally ignoring you. Relax.

[A Rabbit Branch]: Oh. . .

Xia Huai Zhi felt a little better in her heart, but not that much.

[A Rabbit Branch]: I hope he hasn't encountered anything bad. [慕春]: Definitely not.

[慕春]: Just go to sleep, you have a competition tomorrow. Don't think about that guy for now, he might show up tomorrow.

[一只兔枝]: Thanks for your kind words!

[一只兔枝]: Sister, you should go to bed early too.

Xia Huai Zhi put down her phone and rubbed her sore eyes.

Yes, it's better to sleep now. What if he shows up tomorrow?

"Fu Lin, I'm really fed up with you."

Ye Fengqiu looked at the person lying on the hospital bed with a cold face and fierce eyes.

The person was now receiving an IV drip, staring blankly at the white ceiling, with lips devoid of any color.

What made Ye Fengqiu the angriest was that this guy was now so weak, completely caused by his own actions. "As the CEO of a pharmaceutical company, don't you have any basic medical knowledge? Is the gland a place where you can just poke around? Even if you want to poke, why did you poke so deep? Do you want to stab your neck through?"

"Directly injecting the inhibitor into the gland, how could you even think of that!"

When he arrived at the scene after receiving the alarm last night, Fu Lin had completely lost consciousness and lay motionless on the cold floor, with a used syringe scattered beside him.

God knows how he, with a body almost ten centimeters shorter than Fu Lin's, managed to lift him onto the car, and the key was that he couldn't find anyone to help.

Anyway, his waist still hurts now, which counts as a work injury.

"I'm really fed up with you. I just cured you a little bit, and you're already trying to come up with new tricks. Are you trying to challenge the bottom line of my medical skills?"

"If it weren't for you giving me a salary of three million a year, I wouldn't want to be your personal doctor! You have to live well, preferably to a hundred years old. If you die, where can I find a job with an annual salary of three million?"

While he was passionately speaking, Fu Lin remained motionless, not even blinking his eyes.

He was completely enraged now, "Hey, are you even listening?"

Fu Lin finally turned his eyes and looked at him with a bewildered expression.

"What did you just say?"

With just this short sentence, Ye Fengqiu suddenly felt deflated. He let out a heavy sigh and his expression returned to his usual calmness.

"I said--"

"Stop tormenting yourself and live well. "

Note: Unrevised

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 348 17
Timing is everything. Timing can make or break your love story. But sometimes you might learn this a bit too late. The same way Lily the messed up b...
99.6K 801 6
I'm just writing what was on the blog... Update: Added images, Mewo's commentary, Omocat's commentary, the original captions, and a part that was scr...
9K 283 57
In the interstellar era, General Elijah of the Federation, in a moment of carelessness, suffered defeat in battle and had his glands modified while h...
15.7K 458 65
Shen Zhimi's parents helped her make a marriage, she only knew in advance that her omega husband had pheromone disorders Syndrome, her temper is said...